Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jul 19, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
ARM Cement HY18 [113]
SGR officially dead. What next? [109]
Safaricom FY 2018/19 [193]
Sunset Boulevard vs Everest Park [50]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2666]
KCB and NBK material announcement [170]
KenGen HY 2019 [122]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [300]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1908]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13265]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [325]
Cytonn Tower vs Britam Tower [39]
BAT HY19 UP 25.5% AFTER TAX [3]
Transcentury vs Kenya Power [59]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [37]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Is this true or just another pyramid scheme?
amga
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:03:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/16/2010
Posts: 149
Location: hapa Kenya
@mahegoat, truth be told (busting) u do work for FEP which is the parent company that owns kisima real estates and in one thread u had started about the returns FEP promises...... and as the truth will set us free (a kind of caveat on the info given above)
shygal
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:46:40 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/31/2011
Posts: 90
amga wrote:
@mahegoat, truth be told (busting) u do work for FEP which is the parent company that owns kisima real estates and in one thread u had started about the returns FEP promises...... and as the truth will set us free (a kind of caveat on the info given above)

what's that other thread?
mukiha
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:53:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/27/2008
Posts: 4,114
Instead of putting your money here for 24% and the face the risk that it could be a Ponzi Scheme (not a Pyramid - there is a difference), why not simply put it in a one-year T-Bond and earn around 20% guaranteed by GoK ( http://www.centralbank.g...onds/InterestRates.aspx )?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
shygal
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:59:49 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/31/2011
Posts: 90
aemathenge wrote:
Citizens, enlighten me.

Back in mid 2008, senior officials of the investment club behind this Kisima idea approached us and offered us plots for Kshs. 50,000 each and promised us that they would put up a gated community estate.

Ten of us joined together and each coughed up Kshs. 5,000 and we got a Certificate of Ownership for plot number***** on Kamulu-Ndonyo Sabuk/Komorock block 1/25, measuring approximately 0.10ha.

Two weeks ago, one of the officials approached us and offered to pay Kshs. 300,000 for the Plot. He even showed us a banker's cheque in the favour of the business name we had registered to buy the plot.

We asked for time to think about it. It now emerges that the by-pass from Thika to Mombasa road passes about seven klicks from the piece of land and construction starts in January 2013.

The Presbyterian Church is apparently putting up a university on the piece of land next to ours.

Now, my question is:

(a) Could a pyramid scheme have lasted this long?

(b) A return of 25,000 from 5,000 in four years, could I have gotten a better hassle free deal else where?

(c) Should we hold or do we sell? For what does he know that we do not?

(e) Since there are about 250 more plots on the piece of land, we were thinking of buying from other investors at about 250,000 a piece. Should we? Should we run?

A land selling company that offers to buy back your land at a higher price when they see prospects of prices increasing is one questionable company. No wonder they issued you with share certificates instead of title deeds. A good company processes the title for you in the shortest time possible.If they can sell for more than the 300k they are offering you, why don't you just hold on to the plots and sell them as they would, when the bypass is constructed. Looks like they are real speculators and are probably looking to sell the plots for 1 million each when the bypass becomes a reality. Also they need your money to pay some people some interest and hold on to your land which they repurchased hoping to pay interests later on and still make handsome profits when they sell at 1 million. This is essentially a pyramid scheme and the only difference is that you don't have to recruit new investors but the company wants you to be willing to sell back your plot as their offers are irresistible so they could sell back the land to another greater fool or sell when the values go up and the prices are much higher.
Thiong'o
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:56:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/14/2011
Posts: 642
shygal wrote:
amga wrote:
@mahegoat, truth be told (busting) u do work for FEP which is the parent company that owns kisima real estates and in one thread u had started about the returns FEP promises...... and as the truth will set us free (a kind of caveat on the info given above)

what's that other thread?


http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...osts&t=2391&p=2
aemathenge
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:49:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,016
Location: Kerugoya
@Amga, of course I work for one subsidiary of FEP Group in one of the branches up country.

That is why I have an interest in these two threads for sooner or later, some one is going to come up with an angle that I cannot passive from out here.

The investment club collects money (shares) from a group of individuals in 2008.

Tells them up front that returns are to be realized in 2016.

The club purchases a piece of wild land with the money at 50,000 a plot. The club then looks for an external financier to finance the putting up of a gated community estate.

The plots are worth about 300,000 today and probably a million by 2016 as the Shygal so elegantly puts it.

All the above now put under a trading company called Kisima which will have side businesses such as what is alluded to on their site.

Does that make the Group a Pyramid Scheme? A Ponzi Scheme? Wild speculators or smart business people?

Please enlighten me before I commit another lump some of money.
Gathige
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:35:53 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,038
Good People,

If you have the money to spare, put it in T-Bond for one year. This time next year, call Kisima and check how the 24% guaranteed returns is doing. I am sure you will count yourself wiser for not looking in their direction.

Run as far as you can when the deal is too good- unless you are the one engineering it!
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Cde Monomotapa
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:43:01 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 5,963
Stick to what you know.
josiah33
#29 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 8:08:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,775
aemathenge wrote:
@Amga, of course I work for one subsidiary of FEP Group in one of the branches up country.

That is why I have an interest in these two threads for sooner or later, some one is going to come up with an angle that I cannot passive from out here.

The investment club collects money (shares) from a group of individuals in 2008.

Tells them up front that returns are to be realized in 2016.

The club purchases a piece of wild land with the money at 50,000 a plot. The club then looks for an external financier to finance the putting up of a gated community estate.

The plots are worth about 300,000 today and probably a million by 2016 as the Shygal so elegantly puts it.

All the above now put under a trading company called Kisima which will have side businesses such as what is alluded to on their site.

Does that make the Group a Pyramid Scheme? A Ponzi Scheme? Wild speculators or smart business people?

Please enlighten me before I commit another lump some of money.

Since you work there you should enlighten us. According to your website you can get some interest of 54% and 100%+ per annum and that's what is questionable. Even land will not appreciate 100% most of the time but for the 8 yrs you are talking about i'd buy into the idea that i can make 100% ROI for that entire period.
karqui
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:52:46 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 479
Location: chokoo
aemathenge wrote:
Citizens, enlighten me.

Back in mid 2008, senior officials of the investment club behind this Kisima idea approached us and offered us plots for Kshs. 50,000 each and promised us that they would put up a gated community estate.

Ten of us joined together and each coughed up Kshs. 5,000 and we got a Certificate of Ownership for plot number***** on Kamulu-Ndonyo Sabuk/Komorock block 1/25, measuring approximately 0.10ha.

Two weeks ago, one of the officials approached us and offered to pay Kshs. 300,000 for the Plot. He even showed us a banker's cheque in the favour of the business name we had registered to buy the plot.

We asked for time to think about it. It now emerges that the by-pass from Thika to Mombasa road passes about seven klicks from the piece of land and construction starts in January 2013.

The Presbyterian Church is apparently putting up a university on the piece of land next to ours.

Now, my question is:

(a) Could a pyramid scheme have lasted this long?

(b) A return of 25,000 from 5,000 in four years, could I have gotten a better hassle free deal else where?

(c) Should we hold or do we sell? For what does he know that we do not?

(e) Since there are about 250 more plots on the piece of land, we were thinking of buying from other investors at about 250,000 a piece. Should we? Should we run?




on the same note.
is any one with info on the FEP initiative because it is selling the investment ideas to willing buyers and from my understanding of investment it is tooo sweet not to take up.
buying shares in different proportions in the programme which has various portfolio KISIMA just being the real estate arm.
livo
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:07:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/2/2009
Posts: 17
Location: Nairobi
BGL
#32 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 8:02:34 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,207
You can find FEP audited accounts and annual report here http://www.fep-group.com...ownloads/viewcategory/4

The only problem i have with the CEO is his weird imaginations which he should tone down if he wants to be taken seriously.That high voltage talk characteristic of a seasoned politician. It reminds me of RAILA ODINGA the other day strolling around the airport in a graduation gown like a 23yr old.

I also have to say i am a member of FEP. If 30% of the initiatives turn profitable then there is money to be made in this thing. According to their audited results most of these subsidiaries returned losses for the 6 months to Dec 31, 2011 (Note that they have changed their end year from june to dec). Those who are comfortable with mahesabu kubwa kubwa can analyse the results for us.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
kaifastus
#33 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 10:40:55 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/17/2011
Posts: 201
Location: humu humu
i read an advert by kisima in the papers..i woudnt touch it with a 5 foot pole!
Kratos
#34 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:50:36 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/19/2011
Posts: 1,694
BGL wrote:
You can find FEP audited accounts and annual report here http://www.fep-group.com...ownloads/viewcategory/4

The only problem i have with the CEO is his weird imaginations which he should tone down if he wants to be taken seriously.That high voltage talk characteristic of a seasoned politician. It reminds me of RAILA ODINGA the other day strolling around the airport in a graduation gown like a 23yr old.

I also have to say i am a member of FEP. If 30% of the initiatives turn profitable then there is money to be made in this thing. According to their audited results most of these subsidiaries returned losses for the 6 months to Dec 31, 2011 (Note that they have changed their end year from june to dec). Those who are comfortable with mahesabu kubwa kubwa can analyse the results for us.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
BO
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:07:44 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 1/21/2013
Posts: 4
@aemathenge kindly check your mail and revert.
ChumsQuest
#36 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:43:04 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/24/2013
Posts: 325
Sometimes I feel like just jumping in kisheep style and see what happens....I love risks but this Kisima is giving me a feeling of sinking in the kisima. I'll pass unless @Mahegoat tells me otherwise. Shame on you Liar Pray
BO
#37 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:05:00 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 1/21/2013
Posts: 4
like @BGLsays in this sort of thing you risk what you can afford to lose. I hope to look back someday and say the risk was worth it.
BGL
#38 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:09:19 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,207
FEP is always under attack this forum by many wazuans including myself for one reason. High voltage talk of supernormal growth/profit which has never made an economic sense to me. However, if the dream is realized then my 1 share will have been a good investment, if it flops then my share statement can be a good souvenir.

The chief defender @aemathenge has taken sabbatical on matters FEP. He only posts on matters that touch on airports and presidential candidates (with vicious attacks on supporters of man UK).

If you need more info on FEP call their Hqs and you will be assisted. Kindly note that they have moved from Kilimani to Lavington.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
ChessMaster
#39 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:11:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/23/2009
Posts: 1,626
What would you want to know about a company to know its not a pyramid scheme?
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
BGL
#40 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:49:25 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,207
ChessMaster wrote:
What would you want to know about a company to know its not a pyramid scheme?


Can you write in clear English or Swahili.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.