Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jun 23, 2017
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
FOR SALE sign [8]
PSV taxi insurance [6]
Can Mileage of a Car be back clocked? [9]
PesaLink [31]
eBay payment using USD Credit card - NIC [7]
d9 clube Pozi or legit [8]
Leaking Plastic Tank [7]
mabati houses for rental [30]
A guide to imporing cars from Japan [294]
Hino Buses and Trucks [11]
Best public primary schools in Nairobi [7]
Orange Kenya revert to Telcom Kenya [1]
Fraudkenya [19]
KODI [266]
Domestic solar water heating [13]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

One-way glasses for windows.
madammary
#1 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:11:00 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 175
Location: Nairobi
How much do they cost and where do i buy them?
Wendz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:07:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/19/2008
Posts: 4,266
madammary wrote:
How much do they cost and where do i buy them?


And, pray, which ones are these? Car? home? office? factory? You have to give proper information if you want to get help in this site. otherwise, the thread will just die away.
a4architect.com
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:55:31 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 1,668
Location: nairobi
i thought this is just the normal glass then a window film is placed on one side?
http://www.securekenya.com/
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
jaggernaut
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:35:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/9/2008
Posts: 5,390
madammary wrote:
How much do they cost and where do i buy them?


I bought some from Essajee Glass Ltd hapo Lusaka rd Industrial area. The cost is about 180 bob per sq ft for one way glass. They have a variety. Call this guy Abdi 0734787610. He will deliver on site.
Ilikeyou
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:06:09 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2007
Posts: 152
Location: Nairobi
I bought some at some shop in Gikomba.
The shop is just below Remu DTM.
The building is neighbouring Coop Bank Gikomba.
1 roll for 6 by 6 ft cost 6k.
I gave them my measurement specification & they cut the various size pieces for me at no extra charge.
josiah33
#6 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:16:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,770
a4architect.com wrote:
i thought this is just the normal glass then a window film is placed on one side?
http://www.securekenya.com/

They may be normal glasses but i don't think the glasses in questions are the ones you are taking about. They sure do not have a window film placed on one side and if they do have a window film then it must be placed inside the glass. I stand to be corrected though.
a4architect.com
#7 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:46:14 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/4/2010
Posts: 1,668
Location: nairobi
@josiah33, check here

http://www.windowfilm.com/Objectives/privacy.html

http://www.sureguard.co....ndow-film/one-way-film/

Quote:
While the outside is brightly lit i.e. daylight anyone looking in from the outside will see a mirror since the image of the bright surroundings, the outside, is reflected by the mirror. People inside do not see their own reflections, instead they see THROUGH the window film, and can watch the people outside. The opposite is said when the lighting conditions change i.e. night fall. People can start to see in while those inside see a reflection. There are ‘tricks and tips’ that acheive full 24 hour one way…place lighting outside and point it to the filmed glass. Outside lighting should be approximately 40% brighter than any lighting inside BUT you will have to test and increase the outside lighting to get the effect you require.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
Foz00
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:44:26 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 295
Location: Nairobi
jaggernaut wrote:
madammary wrote:
How much do they cost and where do i buy them?


I bought some from Essajee Glass Ltd hapo Lusaka rd Industrial area. The cost is about 180 bob per sq ft for one way glass. They have a variety. Call this guy Abdi 0734787610. He will deliver on site.


Abdi is unreliable, made my order on Monday morning and agreed on afternoon delivery to site 21km from industrial area, for 2.5 days he is still enroute.
simonkabz
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:44:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2007
Posts: 8,325
Location: Cameroon
a4architect.com wrote:
@josiah33, check here

http://www.windowfilm.com/Objectives/privacy.html

http://www.sureguard.co....ndow-film/one-way-film/

Quote:
While the outside is brightly lit i.e. daylight anyone looking in from the outside will see a mirror since the image of the bright surroundings, the outside, is reflected by the mirror. People inside do not see their own reflections, instead they see THROUGH the window film, and can watch the people outside. The opposite is said when the lighting conditions change i.e. night fall. People can start to see in while those inside see a reflection. There are ‘tricks and tips’ that acheive full 24 hour one way…place lighting outside and point it to the filmed glass. Outside lighting should be approximately 40% brighter than any lighting inside BUT you will have to test and increase the outside lighting to get the effect you require.


Interesting.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Jitahidi
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:49:49 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/8/2008
Posts: 279
madammary wrote:
How much do they cost and where do i buy them?


Try Hebatullar Brothers, near Nakumatt Embakasi...if you have measurements take the measurements there they cut for you and its far much cheaper...infact you will just carry the pieces in a carton
jerry
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 3:21:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/29/2006
Posts: 2,561
simonkabz wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:
@josiah33, check here

http://www.windowfilm.com/Objectives/privacy.html

http://www.sureguard.co....ndow-film/one-way-film/

Quote:
While the outside is brightly lit i.e. daylight anyone looking in from the outside will see a mirror since the image of the bright surroundings, the outside, is reflected by the mirror. People inside do not see their own reflections, instead they see THROUGH the window film, and can watch the people outside. The opposite is said when the lighting conditions change i.e. night fall. People can start to see in while those inside see a reflection. There are ‘tricks and tips’ that acheive full 24 hour one way…place lighting outside and point it to the filmed glass. Outside lighting should be approximately 40% brighter than any lighting inside BUT you will have to test and increase the outside lighting to get the effect you require.


Interesting.

Technology (or is it science) is always interesting.
I made an order at Juma Kassam (Meru) around 2001 and he got them from Nbi over a weekend! A shop on Taveta rd off Accra should be stocking the same.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
murchr
#12 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2017 5:25:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 10,932
Does anyone know where i can get impact windows? Plus is there another way of achieving the one way glass effect without using film/tint?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
radio
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:48:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 1,904
murchr wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get impact windows? Plus is there another way of achieving the one way glass effect without using film/tint?


I dislike the film thing and would equally wish to know what is the alternative
Mtafiti
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:55:21 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/22/2014
Posts: 256
Location: Ndeiya
murchr wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get impact windows? Plus is there another way of achieving the one way glass effect without using film/tint?


Also interested. Any hints?
mikanjoroge
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:41:07 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/13/2016
Posts: 18
Location: kenya
Only problem with these kind of windows is the birds. They see their reflection and start pecking early in the morning.
majimaji
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 8:36:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 1,093
mikanjoroge wrote:
Only problem with these kind of windows is the birds. They see their reflection and start pecking early in the morning.


Humans act the same, they start preening and adjusting weavessmile
Thitifini
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:29:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 259
Location: Kenya
majimaji wrote:
mikanjoroge wrote:
Only problem with these kind of windows is the birds. They see their reflection and start pecking early in the morning.


Humans act the same, they start preening and adjusting weavessmile


Laughing out loudly

People say money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you had enough money, you can have a key made.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (8)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.