Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
UNAITAS [1122]
Urithi Housing Sacco [109]
Cytonn Investments [362]
stima investment cooperative [92]
Greenhouse Farming [13]
The best sacco to join [143]
85,000 Unaitas shares for sale [3]
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [379]
Kimisitu Sacco [16]
What is your experience with Suraya? [9]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [243]
onions Post Harvest Management [7]
How true is FEP?? [165]
SK Investments Co. still alive? [31]
Stima Sacco Scandal? [16]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What is your experience with Suraya?
amarula
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:22:16 AM

I am interested in purchasing the Lynx at Royale or the Lynx at Ngong Road. What is your experience with Suraya as developers. I have been down the nasty road of developers and I really do not want a repeat performance. Thank you.

I am also worried about the size of the house 2 bedrooms for 44 sq.m. and 56 sq.m - too small perhaps?. The cost ranges from 5.7 million to 6.9 m.

What other options do I have within that price range in an accessible location. Location is important because of access to good schools and hospitals. E.g. Kitengela would not work.
kayhara
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:33:31 AM

unless it's very very cheap a good 2 bed should be at least 150 sqm 3 bed 200 sqm, suraya houses are not known to be that spacious they are the kind of houses that limit you to a 32 inch tv due to lounge size.
BE MORE LIKE ME AND BE LESS LIKE YOU
webish
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:12:07 AM

amarula wrote:
I am interested in purchasing the Lynx at Royale or the Lynx at Ngong Road. What is your experience with Suraya as developers. I have been down the nasty road of developers and I really do not want a repeat performance. Thank you.

I am also worried about the size of the house 2 bedrooms for 44 sq.m. and 56 sq.m - too small perhaps?. The cost ranges from 5.7 million to 6.9 m.

What other options do I have within that price range in an accessible location. Location is important because of access to good schools and hospitals. E.g. Kitengela would not work.

I see them as "mass market development" especially on the projects you mentioned.
So expect smaller houses...

Unfortunately, my options to you would be out of your desired places, eg Syokimau.
Maybe you can mention areas that are "acceptable" to you, because, a place can be far yet accessible, and with "good" schools around..

Advice: Walk around, walk around even randomly. You will find interesting projects going on that you won't see doing advertisements on media. That's been my experience..

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Surething
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:37:32 PM

kayhara wrote:
unless it's very very cheap a good 2 bed should be at least 150 sqm 3 bed 200 sqm, suraya houses are not known to be that spacious they are the kind of houses that limit you to a 32 inch tv due to lounge size.

So true, the sizes listed are way too small.
Ryko
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:09:09 PM

Suraya noo.... they are damn small. Please take your time, spend days visiting several sites before you make a decision. Syokimau has lots of options
sparkly
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:20:28 PM

Ryko wrote:
Suraya noo.... they are damn small. Please take your time, spend days visiting several sites before you make a decision. Syokimau has lots of options

Suraya is a another Kenyan company that started with so much promise but now hangs in the balance. So sad.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Chaka
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:32:10 PM

The kadogo economy...
Ryko wrote:

sparkly
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:22:04 AM

Chaka wrote:
The kadogo economy...
Ryko wrote:

Too much competition in the Kadogo space right now. Suraya should have completed their kadogo units in time. As it is most buyers have pulled out.
Life is short. Live passionately.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#9 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 12:01:54 AM

This is not sensible at all, there is no way a 2 bedroom can be about 50 square meters.....remember this, 50 square meters is like a house that is 7 meters by 7 meters,,,,not sufficient even for a one bedroom:

Proof:

assuming 100% profit for the seller, it would mean the construction cost is half the value i.e. about 3 million.

= 3,000,000/50

= Kshs. 60,000 per square meter.........this is a exteremely high figure

Solution: Abort Mission