Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Apr 26, 2017
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Realities of Forex Investment [3672]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [1271]
Safaricom HY17 [100]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [7360]
Law Capping interest rates [1963]
directional forecast [1139]
BRITAM FY2016 [17]
KCB buy buy buy [721]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [2626]
The KenolKobil 2015 pendulum [1474]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1750]
Tatu City Latest [20]
Kenya Economy Watch [1421]
Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business [53]
Deacons FY16 disaster [16]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

34 Pages«<31323334>
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
Ericsson
#641 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:29:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,930
Location: NAIROBI
2012 wrote:
What's happening with Chase Bank? This matter has gone too silent.

No suitors to buy the bank
2012
#642 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:30:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 4,595
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
2012 wrote:
What's happening with Chase Bank? This matter has gone too silent.

No suitors to buy the bank


How safe are our deposits in banks if the Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation is unable to function because it is not fully nor well constituted?

I hear the Chase saga has stalled because of this whether by design or otherwise. But forget Chase, how safe are our deposits in banks knowing that this is an election year? Can the CS do the necessary urgently!

Kenya. The Wild Wild East, where anything goes.
Ni Mungu tu.
alma1
#643 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:33:31 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 1,323
Location: hapo
2012 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
2012 wrote:
What's happening with Chase Bank? This matter has gone too silent.

No suitors to buy the bank


How safe are our deposits in banks if the Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation is unable to function because it is not fully nor well constituted?

I hear the Chase saga has stalled because of this whether by design or otherwise. But forget Chase, how safe are our deposits in banks knowing that this is an election year? Can the CS do the necessary urgently!


Wewe wachana na chase bank. We now get lolipops at the door.Laughing out loudly
#nimenena
maka
#644 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:45:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
2012 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
2012 wrote:
What's happening with Chase Bank? This matter has gone too silent.

No suitors to buy the bank


How safe are our deposits in banks if the Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation is unable to function because it is not fully nor well constituted?

I hear the Chase saga has stalled because of this whether by design or otherwise. But forget Chase, how safe are our deposits in banks knowing that this is an election year? Can the CS do the necessary urgently!


As long as you have money in Kenya you can shaft people properly and get away with it...I am sure even the good Governor has realised that by now...
possunt quia posse videntur
Bigchick
#645 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:36:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 2,485
Location: At Large.
Today is 29th March 3017.We have 2 days to go to 31st March the date Chase Bank is to be handed over to the new owners.

I would have expected some flurry of activities by now.Any one with uhondo?

@Maka pick one for me.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
KulaRaha
#646 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:13:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 5,732
What exactly does KDIC do, apart from procrastinating?

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#647 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:57:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
Bigchick wrote:
Today is 29th March 3017.We have 2 days to go to 31st March the date Chase Bank is to be handed over to the new owners.

I would have expected some flurry of activities by now.Any one with uhondo?

@Maka pick one for me.


Haya umeona extension...hapo juu
possunt quia posse videntur
Bigchick
#648 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 11:35:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 2,485
Location: At Large.
Citizen digital says CBK has invited bids for interested buyers.To submit bids by 21st April.What could have happened to the interested parties from UAE??

What will happen if there arr no takers?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
maka
#649 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 1:07:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
Bigchick wrote:
Citizen digital says CBK has invited bids for interested buyers.To submit bids by 21st April.What could have happened to the interested parties from UAE??

What will happen if there arr no takers?


KCB messed up this whole thing bure kabisa....The Qatari's would have owned chase bank by now.
possunt quia posse videntur
2012
#650 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 5:22:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 4,595
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Citizen digital says CBK has invited bids for interested buyers.To submit bids by 21st April.What could have happened to the interested parties from UAE??

What will happen if there arr no takers?


KCB messed up this whole thing bure kabisa....The Qatari's would have owned chase bank by now.


It's not KCB that messed, they pulled out because the CBK Governor allowed the thieving Chase Directors back on the table instead of sending them to prison and the Finance CS failure to constitute the KDIC. There's more than meets the eye. The defrauded customers have formed a society to take matters under their own hands and ensure that they don't lose out the Kenyan way. I get shocked at how silent the government is on these matters.

Kenya. The Wild Wild East, where anything goes.
Ni Mungu tu.
obiero
#651 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 5:27:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,627
Location: nairobi
2012 wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Citizen digital says CBK has invited bids for interested buyers.To submit bids by 21st April.What could have happened to the interested parties from UAE??

What will happen if there arr no takers?


KCB messed up this whole thing bure kabisa....The Qatari's would have owned chase bank by now.


It's not KCB that messed, they pulled out because the CBK Governor allowed the thieving Chase Directors back on the table instead of sending them to prison and the Finance CS failure to constitute the KDIC. There's more than meets the eye. The defrauded customers have formed a society to take matters under their own hands and ensure that they don't lose out the Kenyan way. I get shocked at how silent the government is on these matters.

@2012 SOO TRUE.. In Kenya its easy for mshtakiwa kuwa mshtaki for a couple of exchanged notes.. Its sad what is happening to our country
maka
#652 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 5:35:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Citizen digital says CBK has invited bids for interested buyers.To submit bids by 21st April.What could have happened to the interested parties from UAE??

What will happen if there arr no takers?


KCB messed up this whole thing bure kabisa....The Qatari's would have owned chase bank by now.


It's not KCB that messed, they pulled out because the CBK Governor allowed the thieving Chase Directors back on the table instead of sending them to prison and the Finance CS failure to constitute the KDIC. There's more than meets the eye. The defrauded customers have formed a society to take matters under their own hands and ensure that they don't lose out the Kenyan way. I get shocked at how silent the government is on these matters.

@2012 SOO TRUE.. In Kenya its easy for mshtakiwa kuwa mshtaki for a couple of exchanged notes.. Its sad what is happening to our country


Jubilee is what is happening...Sad Kenya...smh
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#653 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 5:15:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#654 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 9:56:57 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,930
Location: NAIROBI
48 shareholders of Chase Bank write a protest letter to Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) asking to be part of the talks to sell the Bank.

the 48 Shareholders own about 20 per cent of Chase Bank
Bigchick
#655 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 12:18:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 2,485
Location: At Large.
For those who understand this buy off thing..please explain what will happen to the depositors funds?What about the loans?If one is stuck right now and and unable to pay the loans as earlier scheduled,can they negotiate with the Receiver Manager for extension of period?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
2012
#656 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 1:05:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 4,595
Location: Nairobi
Bigchick wrote:
For those who understand this buy off thing..please explain what will happen to the depositors funds?What about the loans?If one is stuck right now and and unable to pay the loans as earlier scheduled,can they negotiate with the Receiver Manager for extension of period?


Alaa.. People never stopped paying loans. Your loan account was to be serviced as usual.

The CBK reported it had forcefully seized properties worth Sh7.9 billion camouflaged as Islamic joint ventures by Mr Khan and Mr Kabui, and charged them to the bank, paving the way for the re-opening of Chase Bank after a three-week closure.
Prime assets
The prime assets confiscated included the Watermark Business Park in Karen, a car park at Chase Bank’s headquarters on Riverside Drive, 240 acres of land on Mombasa Road, a three-acre plot next to the German Embassy on Riverside Drive, and various posh properties in Dubai.
“These companies are owned by the chairman, over 90 per cent of the ownership of those companies was the chairman and 10 per cent was the group MD,” Fredrick Aloo, a partner at Deloitte & Touche in charge of auditing Chase Bank’s accounts.


What I don't understand is why these two thieves are not being arrested?!!!

Kenya. The Wild Wild East, where anything goes.
Ni Mungu tu.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#657 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 1:07:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/23/2008
Posts: 2,724
Bigchick wrote:
For those who understand this buy off thing..please explain what will happen to the depositors funds?What about the loans?If one is stuck right now and and unable to pay the loans as earlier scheduled,can they negotiate with the Receiver Manager for extension of period?


The buy-off thing has no impact on the rights of depositors or borrowers. Any investor who puts their money in the bank and wants to continue baking automatically moves to the back of the line behind the depositors when it comes to recovering their cash.

On borrowers, again no impact, you must continue servicing your loan, and yes you can negotiate with the receiver manager to restructure your loan.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Bigchick
#658 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 2:53:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 2,485
Location: At Large.
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
For those who understand this buy off thing..please explain what will happen to the depositors funds?What about the loans?If one is stuck right now and and unable to pay the loans as earlier scheduled,can they negotiate with the Receiver Manager for extension of period?


The buy-off thing has no impact on the rights of depositors or borrowers. Any investor who puts their money in the bank and wants to continue baking automatically moves to the back of the line behind the depositors when it comes to recovering their cash.

On borrowers, again no impact, you must continue servicing your loan, and yes you can negotiate with the receiver manager to restructure your loan.



Thanks Obi.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tandich
#659 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:58:22 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 34
KDIC goes after Chase Bank fraud masterminds

https://citizentv.co.ke/...raud-masterminds-163454/
maka
#660 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:19:40 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,647
Location: Nairobi
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
34 Pages«<31323334>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.