Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jan 20, 2017
NellyData
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
directional forecast [526]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [2412]
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy! [1080]
Kenya Economy Watch [1333]
UNEP / USAID and the Economy of Nairobi [8]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [6898]
Why is Africa poor in general compared to the West... [338]
Realities of Forex Investment [3584]
Eye on I&,M ... [59]
Atlas African Industries ltd HY16 [53]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [507]
Banque de Kigali [433]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1627]
KCB buy buy buy [537]
The KenolKobil 2015 pendulum [1332]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

mai mahiu plots
thegere
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:23:28 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/12/2014
Posts: 15
hi wazuans,
i understand some people are buying some plots at mai mahiu. what i know is that people are selling plots (both owners and land companies) at a place called lare, nyakinyua blocks.
who can shed some light on the huge peace of land owned by utheri wa lari group which was divided sometimes back in 1990s amongst the owners and they now have title deeds. also i hear that maasai claim that it is their land though they do not have titles. is it a good buy (the one at utheri wa lari) for speculative purposes?
sparkly
#2 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 7:03:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,038
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
thegere wrote:
hi wazuans,
i understand some people are buying some plots at mai mahiu. what i know is that people are selling plots (both owners and land companies) at a place called lare, nyakinyua blocks.
who can shed some light on the huge peace of land owned by utheri wa lari group which was divided sometimes back in 1990s amongst the owners and they now have title deeds. also i hear that maasai claim that it is their land though they do not have titles. is it a good buy (the one at utheri wa lari) for speculative purposes?


You have the information. Tell us if its a good buy.
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
~ Oprah Winfrey
shalishali
#3 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 12:18:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/15/2009
Posts: 128
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
thegere wrote:
hi wazuans,
i understand some people are buying some plots at mai mahiu. what i know is that people are selling plots (both owners and land companies) at a place called lare, nyakinyua blocks.
who can shed some light on the huge peace of land owned by utheri wa lari group which was divided sometimes back in 1990s amongst the owners and they now have title deeds. also i hear that maasai claim that it is their land though they do not have titles. is it a good buy (the one at utheri wa lari) for speculative purposes?


You have the information. Tell us if its a good buy.

You have already indicated there is potential for dispute-how then can it be a good buy?
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
quicksand
#4 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 1:17:00 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/5/2010
Posts: 1,710
Location: Nairobi
shalishali wrote:
sparkly wrote:
thegere wrote:
hi wazuans,
i understand some people are buying some plots at mai mahiu. what i know is that people are selling plots (both owners and land companies) at a place called lare, nyakinyua blocks.
who can shed some light on the huge peace of land owned by utheri wa lari group which was divided sometimes back in 1990s amongst the owners and they now have title deeds. also i hear that maasai claim that it is their land though they do not have titles. is it a good buy (the one at utheri wa lari) for speculative purposes?


You have the information. Tell us if its a good buy.

You have already indicated there is potential for dispute-how then can it be a good buy?

If the maasai were to be taken at their word, all of Nairobi is their land (and hence we should all move out) ....hii ancestral land claims? Nonsense. Tuwazees sell land and eat the dough, then circle back and join the wagon of the confused and start chanting 'ancestral land! ancestral land!', wanting the land back (without refunding the money of course) ...watu wachanuke,..if these folk don't smarten up real quick, the urbanisation juggernaut will crush them like bugs. In 30 years it will be one big conurbation from here to Kajiado, Thika, Machakos and Naivasha ..they will be pushed to the foot of Kilimanjaro while still chanting 'ancestral land!'
radio
#5 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 3:32:45 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 1,880
Utheri wa lari has an office in Kimende just next to member. Am sure they can provide you much more info.
thegere
#6 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 8:30:25 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/12/2014
Posts: 15
i was at mai mahiu last weekend and the information i gathered is that the greater southern by-pass will pass there.
i also called a certain surveyor who told me plots near satellite are going at around 450k per acre, interior plots (towards kenya pipeline station) at 300 per acre.
utheri wa lari is in nakuru county and most of the land owners come from kiambu and murang'a.
the issue with maasai's is that they claim that is their ancestral land. that land was owned by a mzungu who decided to sell it utheri wa lari company in 1970s. the company then decided to subdivide the land among its members. most of them have title deeds with them.
rumour has it that the govt will construct an inland container terminal somewhere in naivasha though i do not know the specific location.
Chaka
#7 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 9:00:52 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 1,615
@thegere,
How far is satellite from Suswa junction,is it near Ewaso Kedong..Najile areas?Do you know whether Ngong/Suswa road is motorable as is at the moment?
ahoo
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:53:00 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 2/20/2013
Posts: 47
thegere wrote:
i was at mai mahiu last weekend and the information i gathered is that the greater southern by-pass will pass there.
i also called a certain surveyor who told me plots near satellite are going at around 450k per acre, interior plots (towards kenya pipeline station) at 300 per acre.
utheri wa lari is in nakuru county and most of the land owners come from kiambu and murang'a.
the issue with maasai's is that they claim that is their ancestral land. that land was owned by a mzungu who decided to sell it utheri wa lari company in 1970s. the company then decided to subdivide the land among its members. most of them have title deeds with them.
rumour has it that the govt will construct an inland container terminal somewhere in naivasha though i do not know the specific location.


The depot is going to be opposite Oasis School towards the railway station.This is about 3 km off the highway and 6 km from Longonot town on the left,on your way to Naivasha from Maai Maahiu.It is also near the Longonot gates project Railway station entrance.I have some 3 acres there going for 6M as a block.Very ideal for subdividion,title ready.An eighth there currently goes for 350k and rising.Anyone interested can get in touch at lomajani at yahoo dot com

You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it fearlessly.
thegere
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:55:13 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/12/2014
Posts: 15
@chaka
am yet to travel past the satelite station towards suswa, but what i know is that the block of land am talking about is towards Ngong.
i talked to certain mzee who told me there was a rough road which connects the area to Ngong town, though he doesnt know whether it was tarmacked or not. he also told me from that from that place (the land is adjacent to kenya pipeline station) to nairobi is far near than mai mahiu-nairobi route.
it normally takes me around 1hr.15minutes by matatu from nyamakima to mai mahiu, so i tend to think if the govt decides to tarmack that road it will take less than a hour. i have some photos of he area, but i dont know how to upload them here





mmarto
#10 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 6:21:55 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/20/2010
Posts: 373
Location: nairobi
thegere wrote:
@chaka
am yet to travel past the satelite station towards suswa, but what i know is that the block of land am talking about is towards Ngong.
i talked to certain mzee who told me there was a rough road which connects the area to Ngong town, though he doesnt know whether it was tarmacked or not. he also told me from that from that place (the land is adjacent to kenya pipeline station) to nairobi is far near than mai mahiu-nairobi route.
it normally takes me around 1hr.15minutes by matatu from nyamakima to mai mahiu, so i tend to think if the govt decides to tarmack that road it will take less than a hour. i have some photos of he area, but i dont know how to upload them here


@thegere, do you still have the photos?
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
thegere
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:05:01 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/12/2014
Posts: 15
@mmarto, yeah i have some photos. in fact i know certain woman who has 7.75 acres and wants to sell. i am willing to take 2 acres, a friend of mine 2 acres, but now am yet to find someone who will take 3.75 acres.
Chaka
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:40:17 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 1,615
thegere wrote:
@mmarto, yeah i have some photos. in fact i know certain woman who has 7.75 acres and wants to sell. i am willing to take 2 acres, a friend of mine 2 acres, but now am yet to find someone who will take 3.75 acres.

@thegere,
Please email me details and photos...chakacrafts at gmail dot com
radio
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:02:28 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 1,880
I would love to know what is the going rate for land in this region... anyway?
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.