Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Dec 19, 2018
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Entitlement [3]
EPL 2018/2019 Season [51]
Demolition.com/ restoration of nairobi [81]
Happy Holidays and Blessed 2019 [2]
Getting into the garden of Eden [23]
Wahome Gakuru – Nyeri Governor [152]
What has your governor done for you? [599]
@Mugundaman [8]
Saitoti G (1975) Loop spaces and k-theory [21]
President Yoweri K Museveni philosophy of developm... [20]
Imenti House on Fire...!!!!!! [1]
@alphdoti the sheikh was right [22]
The joys of fasting and chanting [14]
Sonko sets a high bar for Governors [369]
Personal lifetime management and policy developmen... [3]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<333435
Crazy Nairobi traffic!!
KulaRaha
#681 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 8:36:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,357
Lolest! wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
What do people go to town to do anyways?


To meet other people who go to townsmile


I work outside the CBD and I sometimes take 6 months before stepping kwa hiyo CBD. All the services (supermarkets, banks, hospitals, java, pubs etc) were devolved to the suburbs and neighborhood malls so unless you are visiting a govt office, there is no reason to visit CBD. And to get to the other side of town you use the bypasses and link roads.


That's why I'm asking...I haven't been to town in months. If you're using public transport you need to be in town to catch connections, but why drive into town?

Because you work there or you need to shop


Work I understand but shop what? Everything is available in your hood, probably cheaper.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
masukuma
#682 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:45:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 12,944
Location: Nairobi
KulaRaha wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
What do people go to town to do anyways?


To meet other people who go to townsmile


I work outside the CBD and I sometimes take 6 months before stepping kwa hiyo CBD. All the services (supermarkets, banks, hospitals, java, pubs etc) were devolved to the suburbs and neighborhood malls so unless you are visiting a govt office, there is no reason to visit CBD. And to get to the other side of town you use the bypasses and link roads.


That's why I'm asking...I haven't been to town in months. If you're using public transport you need to be in town to catch connections, but why drive into town?

Because you work there or you need to shop


Work I understand but shop what? Everything is available in your hood, probably cheaper.

I agree with most of you guys... haven't been to CBD in months and when there I am just passing through but you need to realise we are the minority... the very very small number of people who have been that fortunate.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kaka2za
#683 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:06:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,266
Location: Gwitu
KulaRaha wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
What do people go to town to do anyways?


To meet other people who go to townsmile


I work outside the CBD and I sometimes take 6 months before stepping kwa hiyo CBD. All the services (supermarkets, banks, hospitals, java, pubs etc) were devolved to the suburbs and neighborhood malls so unless you are visiting a govt office, there is no reason to visit CBD. And to get to the other side of town you use the bypasses and link roads.


That's why I'm asking...I haven't been to town in months. If you're using public transport you need to be in town to catch connections, but why drive into town?

Because you work there or you need to shop


Work I understand but shop what? Everything is available in your hood, probably cheaper.


Those guys who sell fake batteries along Grogan street once told me that at least 100,000 people visit Nairobi for the 1st time on each day and they will therefore never fail to find a 'customer'
masukuma
#684 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:32:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 12,944
Location: Nairobi
kaka2za wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
What do people go to town to do anyways?


To meet other people who go to townsmile


I work outside the CBD and I sometimes take 6 months before stepping kwa hiyo CBD. All the services (supermarkets, banks, hospitals, java, pubs etc) were devolved to the suburbs and neighborhood malls so unless you are visiting a govt office, there is no reason to visit CBD. And to get to the other side of town you use the bypasses and link roads.


That's why I'm asking...I haven't been to town in months. If you're using public transport you need to be in town to catch connections, but why drive into town?

Because you work there or you need to shop


Work I understand but shop what? Everything is available in your hood, probably cheaper.


Those guys who sell fake batteries along Grogan street once told me that at least 100,000 people visit Nairobi for the 1st time on each day and they will therefore never fail to find a 'customer'

One day I was on Waiyaki way and we were discussing con jobs and I was wondering how some tricks still work and one guy asked me... do you see these buses coming into town? What do you think they are carrying? Fresh fodder!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
alma1
#685 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 12:32:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,201
Location: hapo
wukan wrote:
Sonko in his true colours smile smile

Quote:
Mathira MP Rigathi Gachagua accused Nairobi governor Mike Sonko of sabotaging the Bill by “bulldozing” MPs not to adopt its proposals.

“We all know what happened when the bill was in this House. The person who is behind the recent transport crisis in the city is the same person who sabotaged this Bill,” Gachagua said.

Macharia said modalities will be put in place to end Nairobi transport problems. “The crisis that was witnessed will not occur again because all stakeholders will converge for the best interests of Kenyans,” the CS said.
https://www.the-star.co....ort-in-nairobi_c1860760


Wukan people always forget that Sonko is a matatu owner. Somehow, they forget. Streamlining the industry is not to his best interest.

There is no way to fight traffic in Nairobi without other counties. Huo ni kuhadhaa raia.

That Authority shall be fought tooth and nail. Luckily for consumers, Moses Kuria supports it...

Did I just say I liked Moses Kuria? See what Sonkonomics can make you do?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
hardwood
#686 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 2:37:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,907
Also why should all those matatus and buses from upcountry come and park withing the city centre the whole day hapo accra, latema rd, river road, nyamakima, tea room etc. Those matatu stages on the outskirts that sonko has proposed should be used by those upcountry matatus and buses and leave the cbd to the nairobi matatus. If one wants to travel upcountry let them board a city matatu and be dropped kwa stage ya matatu za kwao huko outskirts.



kaka2za
#687 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 5:16:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,266
Location: Gwitu
hardwood wrote:
Also why should all those matatus and buses from upcountry come and park withing the city centre the whole day hapo accra, latema rd, river road, nyamakima, tea room etc. Those matatu stages on the outskirts that sonko has proposed should be used by those upcountry matatus and buses and leave the cbd to the nairobi matatus. If one wants to travel upcountry let them board a city matatu and be dropped kwa stage ya matatu za kwao huko outskirts.





Well said. Vehicles from Western should terminate at Kangemi,those from areas past Kenol at Githurai and Mombasa road at Belle vue.
In Tz no upcountry vehicle goes past Ubungo.
Tokyo
#688 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 4:15:12 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/9/2006
Posts: 1,367
Why is it so hard to build a simple commuter train?
work to prosper
murchr
#689 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 6:22:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 13,653
Tokyo wrote:
Why is it so hard to build a simple commuter train?


Exists but Kenyans would rather go by mat
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Lolest!
#690 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 7:48:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,195
Location: Kianjokoma
murchr wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Why is it so hard to build a simple commuter train?


Exists but Kenyans would rather go by mat

I've used the train a few times, I can tell you it's usually very full

It's 1 trip in the morning & one jioni only

Improvement of rail services by increasing trips and expanding rail services to unserved areas would greatly ease the traffic mess
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kayhara
#691 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 9:16:56 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 958
Lolest! wrote:
murchr wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Why is it so hard to build a simple commuter train?


Exists but Kenyans would rather go by mat

I've used the train a few times, I can tell you it's usually very full

It's 1 trip in the morning & one jioni only

Improvement of rail services by increasing trips and expanding rail services to unserved areas would greatly ease the traffic mess

I still wonder why we only have a morning and an evening train, I think a train every hour or two would make economic sense even for Kenya railways.
To Each His Own
kaka2za
#692 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:15:40 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,266
Location: Gwitu
kayhara wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
murchr wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Why is it so hard to build a simple commuter train?


Exists but Kenyans would rather go by mat

I've used the train a few times, I can tell you it's usually very full

It's 1 trip in the morning & one jioni only

Improvement of rail services by increasing trips and expanding rail services to unserved areas would greatly ease the traffic mess

I still wonder why we only have a morning and an evening train, I think a train every hour or two would make economic sense even for Kenya railways.


Almost everyone goes to work at 8 am and leaves at 5.pm regardless of the sector they work in.You will find Mats parked at Global roundabout during the day because very few travel after 10.am
madollar
#693 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:58:14 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 1,746
Great read by obbo going forward after Monday events very leaders will want to tinker with this industry.

"The matatus have now been revealed to be something more than vehicles driven my mad men — they are Nairobi’s most efficient distribution mechanism of its working population"


https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Nairobi-nightmare-not-crazy-matatus/1949942-4883068-t4balt/index.html
wukan
#694 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 12:15:32 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 902
madollar wrote:
Great read by obbo going forward after Monday events very leaders will want to tinker with this industry.

"The matatus have now been revealed to be something more than vehicles driven my mad men — they are Nairobi’s most efficient distribution mechanism of its working population"


https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Nairobi-nightmare-not-crazy-matatus/1949942-4883068-t4balt/index.html


This what they achieved in making you believe but actually if you remove the matatus let's say from 50 km from CBD Nairobi introduced a proper public transport system you will realize they are not an efficient distribution mechanism. There are enough reports on this done by experts gathering dust in some govt offices. You will realize that transport costs in Nairobi are much higher than more developed cities like Hong Kong
Lolest!
#695 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 3:56:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,195
Location: Kianjokoma
Quote:
“Nairobi is our international city… Tuwache kufanya siasa na hii maneno pia naona drill zinafanywa hata airport, kwa malls kuji prepare against disasters kwa hivyo hata nairobi nilikua nataka kujaribu tuone kama… na bado, tunajipanga na tukiwa tayari na ile mradi wa BRT, tayari lanes tumetengeneza… (I see safety drills carried out in airports and malls and so in Nairobi, I was just trying to see…)

The Governor warned that Nairobi residents must get used to walking to the city centre so that order is restored.

“Kutembea ni exercise na bado mtatembea tena. Tutachunga masilahi ya wale wamama wako na mimba, the physically challenged and the elderly. It is only one kilometer from railways to the CBD. Kama Governor, sitakubali laziness, mtatembea na mtatembea tena,” he vowed. (Walking is good exercise, we will just look after the pregnant, physically challenged and the elderly… As governor, I will not allow laziness, you will walk and will more some more.)

https://citizentv.co.ke/..._KuKdfGHYYKixZ8mnEggAel0
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
harrydre
#696 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 7:53:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 8,936
Location: Kanjo
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Also why should all those matatus and buses from upcountry come and park withing the city centre the whole day hapo accra, latema rd, river road, nyamakima, tea room etc. Those matatu stages on the outskirts that sonko has proposed should be used by those upcountry matatus and buses and leave the cbd to the nairobi matatus. If one wants to travel upcountry let them board a city matatu and be dropped kwa stage ya matatu za kwao huko outskirts.





Well said. Vehicles from Western should terminate at Kangemi,those from areas past Kenol at Githurai and Mombasa road at Belle vue.
In Tz no upcountry vehicle goes past Ubungo.


Metro Commuter train will need to be built first.

hardwood
#697 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 9:15:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,907
wukan wrote:
madollar wrote:
Great read by obbo going forward after Monday events very leaders will want to tinker with this industry.

"The matatus have now been revealed to be something more than vehicles driven my mad men — they are Nairobi’s most efficient distribution mechanism of its working population"


https://mobile.nation.co.ke/blogs/Nairobi-nightmare-not-crazy-matatus/1949942-4883068-t4balt/index.html


This what they achieved in making you believe but actually if you remove the matatus let's say from 50 km from CBD Nairobi introduced a proper public transport system you will realize they are not an efficient distribution mechanism. There are enough reports on this done by experts gathering dust in some govt offices. You will realize that transport costs in Nairobi are much higher than more developed cities like Hong Kong


The govt has no business engaging in business including maize, retail (uchumi), transport business etc. Even in London the UK govt contracts private operators of the london buses aka london matatus to run public transport in london. Our matatus are also privately owned and profit driven and therefore the owners MUST compete and make money to stay in business. This ensures that it is only the best service providers who survive in that sector. There is a time kenya had nyayo buses that were cash cows for the fat cats in govt. They ate all the money until they couldn't even afford to buy spares and tires to keep the buses on the road. We don't want such a scenario repeating itself.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
35 Pages«<333435
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.