Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Feb 21, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
The Bull has Arrived [430]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11657]
Nuts or migundas [3]
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond [438]
Banda Homes et al [78]
NBK and two other banks merges [22]
On fake stock trader Ally Khan Sachu [62]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2507]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [217]
My Picks for 2019 [27]
Longhorn HY 2019 results [7]
Centum Group in Partnership with Heri Homes Apartm... [26]
Consolidated Bank 5yr 4b bond [15]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [980]
River estate [68]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages«<10111213>
Best Money Market fund in Kenya
Ericsson
#221 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:45:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,048
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...0386-1ktnc8z/index.html

Equity Group’s share of the unit trust market more than halved last year as CIC Insurance tightened its grip on collective investment schemes.

Market regulator Capital Markets Authority (CMA) has disclosed that pooled funds managed by Equity Investment Bank Unit Scheme fell by a massive 57.48 per cent to Sh1.28 billion last December from Sh3.01 billion the year before.

The drop pushed the lender down to position 10 from sixth by market share, CMA said in the quarterly Statistical bulletin released Wednesday.
The country’s 16 collective investment schemes managed Sh57.22 billion pooled from retail investors at the end of 2017, a marginal rise of 2.20 per cent over Sh55.99 billion a year earlier.

Cash managed by CIC Unit Trust Scheme expanded by Sh2.24 billion to close the year at Sh15.4 billion, helping grow its share to 26.92 per cent.

CMA data for the second quarter of last year showed by the end of March, its unit trust scheme had Sh13.49 billion in funds under management, accounting for 24.2 per cent of the industry total of Sh55.8 billion.

The market share of CIC’s closest rival, British American Unit Trust Scheme, fell to 16.97 per cent from 19.60 per cent in 2016.

British American’s funds dropped by Sh1.48 billion or 13.23 per cent year-on-year to Sh9.71 billion.

Assets under the management of Old Mutual Unit Trust Scheme also dropped 7.03 per cent to Sh13.40 billion, reducing its market share to 13.4 per cent from 14.44 per cent in 2016.

ICEA Lion and CBA unit trust schemes grew their market share to 10.46 and 7.29 per cent, respectively, from 9.28 per cent and 5.22 per cent a year earlier.

ICEA scheme’s assets rose by 13.02 per cent to Sh10.46 billion, while CBA’s funds surged 39.93 per cent to Sh7.29 billion.

The top five unit trust schemes controlled 75.04 per cent of the market, a growth of 1.89 percentage points over 2016.

“The largest portion of the total assets under management was invested in securities issued by the government,” CMA said.
nashx
#222 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 2:01:12 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/28/2014
Posts: 169
Location: Nairobi
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/
No matter what, the broker always takes your 4.2%!!
winmak
#223 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 10:58:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 399
Location: Nakuru
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


Hey Nash, what are the percentage annualized return rates for the past 5 years? Does govt take WHT? what percentage?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Chaka
#224 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 3:54:12 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,053
How does one register in your blog so as to make comments?
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/

nashx
#225 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:26:06 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/28/2014
Posts: 169
Location: Nairobi
Chaka wrote:
How does one register in your blog so as to make comments?
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/money-market-funds-kenya/



Hi Chaka,

I hope you found the information valuable. I am trying to demystify Money Market Funds in Kenya.

If it is valuable to you, share it with your friends to help them too :)

PS: You can now be able to comment on the article and when you do, you also get subscribed to my FREE personal finance lessons. I am giving back my financial knowledge and Money Market Funds in Kenya are the introductory topic
No matter what, the broker always takes your 4.2%!!
nashx
#226 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:27:41 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/28/2014
Posts: 169
Location: Nairobi
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/money-market-funds-kenya/

No matter what, the broker always takes your 4.2%!!
kimanimsc
#227 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:44:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/4/2015
Posts: 224
Location: Kahno
winmak wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


Hey Nash, what are the percentage annualized return rates for the past 5 years? Does govt take WHT? what percentage?



Pesa+

WHT = 15%

Return rates (Net)

2016 = 11.8%
2017 = 8%
2018 = 6.7%
Chaka
#228 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:44:28 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,053
For one to comment,they need to log in..ie user name and password required..how does one obtain these?

nashx wrote:


Hi Chaka,

I hope you found the information valuable. I am trying to demystify Money Market Funds in Kenya.

If it is valuable to you, share it with your friends to help them too :)

PS: You can now be able to comment on the article and when you do, you also get subscribed to my FREE personal finance lessons. I am giving back my financial knowledge and Money Market Funds in Kenya are the introductory topic

nashx
#229 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:13:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/28/2014
Posts: 169
Location: Nairobi
Hi Chaka,

Use the updated link, you should be able to comment

https://nashthuo.com/money-market-funds-kenya/

Kind Regards,
No matter what, the broker always takes your 4.2%!!
winmak
#230 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:09:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 399
Location: Nakuru
kimanimsc wrote:
winmak wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


Hey Nash, what are the percentage annualized return rates for the past 5 years? Does govt take WHT? what percentage?



Pesa+

WHT = 15%

Return rates (Net)

2016 = 11.8%
2017 = 8%
2018 = 6.7%


6.7!!! Hujuma
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Bigchick
#231 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:44:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,495
Location: At Large.
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/



I have gone through the link.

My one comment is stick to your money market education and perfect it.

However do not bad mouth others.Balances in current accounts and education policies from insurance companies do have a role to play in the society and it is not your role to guide people against them.

Do not try to shine your light by dimming that of others.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
nashx
#232 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:37:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/28/2014
Posts: 169
Location: Nairobi
Bigchick wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/



I have gone through the link.

My one comment is stick to your money market education and perfect it.

However do not bad mouth others.Balances in current accounts and education policies from insurance companies do have a role to play in the society and it is not your role to guide people against them.

Do not try to shine your light by dimming that of others.


Thanks for your comment.However, the post is yet to address education policies and current accounts so you have judged it unfairly...my facebook post on the other hand does state that they are not the best ways to optimise savings/investing....and when I do get to write about it, it won't be advice but it will be sharing my personal views and in that article I will acknowledge the pros of education policies and current accounts as well as their cons too and leave the reader to make an informed decision :)
No matter what, the broker always takes your 4.2%!!
enyands
#233 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:55:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,278
Location: kenya
nashx wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/



I have gone through the link.

My one comment is stick to your money market education and perfect it.

However do not bad mouth others.Balances in current accounts and education policies from insurance companies do have a role to play in the society and it is not your role to guide people against them.

Do not try to shine your light by dimming that of others.


Thanks for your comment.However, the post is yet to address education policies and current accounts so you have judged it unfairly...my facebook post on the other hand does state that they are not the best ways to optimise savings/investing....and when I do get to write about it, it won't be advice but it will be sharing my personal views and in that article I will acknowledge the pros of education policies and current accounts as well as their cons too and leave the reader to make an informed decision :)


Your stuff is quit knowledgeable. Even though there could be other factors that can determine the desired expected results such as inflation, political stability and other factors . Having said that I have money market with ICEA and its a good amount . But I realized their rare is just 9%. Do you know any other that has better returns that this ?
Angelica _ann
#234 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:27:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,999
Insurance has its place in the economy, therefore must be worked on & adopted appropriately.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#235 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:27:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 25,879
Location: Masada
Angelica _ann wrote:
Insurance has its place in the economy, therefore must be worked on & adopted appropriately.


Yes mum.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#236 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:31:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/20/2015
Posts: 2,503
Location: Mombasa
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


The article is very simplistic and lacks merit to trend online. It serves average students like @Swenani @Angelica Ann and other virtual currency naysayers.
'A' students of cryptocurrency say big NO to MMF...hizo ni investment vehicles za wazee!
Just like energy that mines it, Bitcoin is never created nor destroyed. ...cryptography 101
XSK
#237 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:18:15 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 12/8/2009
Posts: 946
Location: Nairobi
Spikes wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


The article is very simplistic and lacks merit to trend online. It serves average students like @Swenani @Angelica Ann and other virtual currency naysayers.
'A' students of cryptocurrency say big NO to MMF...hizo ni investment vehicles za wazee!


MMF is not an investment! just somewhere to park cash whose use is not immediate or determined.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Spikes
#238 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:01:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/20/2015
Posts: 2,503
Location: Mombasa
XSK wrote:
Spikes wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


The article is very simplistic and lacks merit to trend online. It serves average students like @Swenani @Angelica Ann and other virtual currency naysayers.
'A' students of cryptocurrency say big NO to MMF...hizo ni investment vehicles za wazee!


MMF is not an investment! just somewhere to park cash whose use is not immediate or determined.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

What's an investment to you?
Just like energy that mines it, Bitcoin is never created nor destroyed. ...cryptography 101
Angelica _ann
#239 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:07:06 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,999
Spikes wrote:
XSK wrote:
Spikes wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


The article is very simplistic and lacks merit to trend online. It serves average students like @Swenani @Angelica Ann and other virtual currency naysayers.
'A' students of cryptocurrency say big NO to MMF...hizo ni investment vehicles za wazee!


MMF is not an investment! just somewhere to park cash whose use is not immediate or determined.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

What's an investment to you?


Sasa matusi why yawa, unanitusi na kasweet changu in the same sentence, madharau mno mno mno. Lakini isorite i forgive you coz i know what cryptos is doing to you. Na bado my fren!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#240 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:30:25 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,937
Location: Vacuum
Angelica _ann wrote:
Spikes wrote:
XSK wrote:
Spikes wrote:
nashx wrote:
https://nashthuo.com/moneymarketfundsinkenya/


The article is very simplistic and lacks merit to trend online. It serves average students like @Swenani @Angelica Ann and other virtual currency naysayers.
'A' students of cryptocurrency say big NO to MMF...hizo ni investment vehicles za wazee!


MMF is not an investment! just somewhere to park cash whose use is not immediate or determined.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

What's an investment to you?


Sasa matusi why yawa, unanitusi na kasweet changu in the same sentence, madharau mno mno mno. Lakini isorite i forgive you coz i know what cryptos is doing to you. Na bado my fren!!!!


Kapsa babez, his post is out of frustration and depression.We stand in solidarity with Spikes during this trying times hata kama anaongea matope

#wazuansforspikes#
Poverty is the root of all evil
Users browsing this topic
Guest (6)
13 Pages«<10111213>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.