Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, May 20, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
US - China tariffs war [54]
Stawi [2]
The biggest collapse in private-equity Abraaj Gro... [1]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [144]
Ban on used moter vehicle parts [11]
Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Kenya - Contac... [2]
RIP John Michuki [129]
Matungu killings [2]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [327]
POTUS TRUMP [1270]
KRA Raid [54]
Passport - Huduma Centre [85]
Switched at birth [3]
Do Wazuans Exercise? [904]
Reggae love songs mix [10]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<353637
Crazy Nairobi traffic!!
murchr
#721 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:25:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,382
Conquestador wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
Could someone kindly enlighten me why the Ministry of Transport has sudden interest in hawkers? Why is it giving instructions on road use in CBD? Where is the Governor in all this?

AS someone says... This is too jumbled up to be clean... I feel this is a cover show for something else... They know for sure it does not make any economic or administrative sense. They know it will fail... But they push it anyway.. Kuna mchezo inaendelea....


At 1.14 therein your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQgE2RaocMY


I really hope this is not what they are planning to do. Those bikes became a nuisance such that some cities banned them.

Those shop owners need to sue, when hawkers are out there , they cant sell since these people place stuff on their doors.

Another thing, seems like Gov is not on board with this one his silence is too loud. Why not have a workable hawkers market and hike the parking fees to 1000? or introduce toll cameras on each road entering or getting our of the CBD.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
limanika
#722 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 6:06:35 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,910
murchr wrote:
Conquestador wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
Could someone kindly enlighten me why the Ministry of Transport has sudden interest in hawkers? Why is it giving instructions on road use in CBD? Where is the Governor in all this?

AS someone says... This is too jumbled up to be clean... I feel this is a cover show for something else... They know for sure it does not make any economic or administrative sense. They know it will fail... But they push it anyway.. Kuna mchezo inaendelea....


At 1.14 therein your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQgE2RaocMY


I really hope this is not what they are planning to do. Those bikes became a nuisance such that some cities banned them.

Those shop owners need to sue, when hawkers are out there , they cant sell since these people place stuff on their doors.

Another thing, seems like Gov is not on board with this one his silence is too loud. Why not have a workable hawkers market and hike the parking fees to 1000? or introduce toll cameras on each road entering or getting our of the CBD.

The 'car free day' was to test waters on what can be done to 'create demand' for BRT. That said, ever since parking charges were lowered traffic jam has really worsened. How is this helping anybody??? Why lower parking charge instead of increasing???
hardwood
#723 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:12:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,664
President Macron says France to build CBD to JKIA commuter rail link by 2021.

https://www.standardmedi...ain-to-be-ready-by-2021

Chinese SGR company also undertaking commuter railway improvement which includes the Sh10 billion rehabilitation of four existing lines (Nairobi Central Station to Ruiru, Nairobi Central Station to Embakasi Village, Nairobi Central Station to Kikuyu, and Nairobi Central Station to Kitengela.) The investment also includes the acquisition of refurbished Diesel Multiple Units (DMU’s) as well as the building of a public transport network from Ruiru to Athi River.


Note: Seems there will be a new direct line from Ruiru to Athi river.







tinker
#724 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:57:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 337
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
President Macron says France to build CBD to JKIA commuter rail link by 2021.

https://www.standardmedi...ain-to-be-ready-by-2021

Chinese SGR company also undertaking commuter railway improvement which includes the Sh10 billion rehabilitation of four existing lines (Nairobi Central Station to Ruiru, Nairobi Central Station to Embakasi Village, Nairobi Central Station to Kikuyu, and Nairobi Central Station to Kitengela.) The investment also includes the acquisition of refurbished Diesel Multiple Units (DMU’s) as well as the building of a public transport network from Ruiru to Athi River.


Note: Seems there will be a new direct line from Ruiru to Athi river.








In Wazua, I believe the above information ought to be in 'New thread heading needed: SCANDALS' thread.
We need to raise our bars and start interrogating scandals starting from their inception, skimming, thieving, Kinoti's investigation and finally judiciary theatrics.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Thitifini
#725 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:48:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 535
Location: Kenya
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
President Macron says France to build CBD to JKIA commuter rail link by 2021.

https://www.standardmedi...ain-to-be-ready-by-2021

Chinese SGR company also undertaking commuter railway improvement which includes the Sh10 billion rehabilitation of four existing lines (Nairobi Central Station to Ruiru, Nairobi Central Station to Embakasi Village, Nairobi Central Station to Kikuyu, and Nairobi Central Station to Kitengela.) The investment also includes the acquisition of refurbished Diesel Multiple Units (DMU’s) as well as the building of a public transport network from Ruiru to Athi River.


Note: Seems there will be a new direct line from Ruiru to Athi river.








In Wazua, I believe the above information ought to be in 'New thread heading needed: SCANDALS' thread.
We need to raise our bars and start interrogating scandals starting from their inception, skimming, thieving, Kinoti's investigation and finally judiciary theatrics.

smile

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Users browsing this topic
Guest
37 Pages«<353637
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.