Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Dec 14, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Jumia IPO and Short Seller Criticism [13]
With Oil in Turkana, Why Are We Still Importing It... [18]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1305]
Uchumi - A value play? [445]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14135]
forex investment [10]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [3]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [493]
KenGen HY 2019 [320]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [154]
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond [277]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [206]
Kenya Economy Watch [2397]
Carbacid HY19 [26]
Banks Stealing IP? [3]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

6 Pages«<456
Safaricom....Collymore Successor Yes Kenyan Can
Kusadikika
#101 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 6:22:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,632
Safaricom might be the next KPLC. Sharks are swimming in.

https://www.nation.co.ke...7076-126dqll/index.html

The moment they insist on nationality that becomes politics and in politics nothing is off limits. Someone will stand up in a funeral and say, "Hata mlisikia Michael Joseph juzi akitudharau sisi waafrika" kidogo kidogo Michael Joseph is forced to resign. Then ghafla bin vuu a vulture is installed as CEO.
limanika
#102 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 8:52:11 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,983
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan
kawi254
#103 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:22:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 352
Location: Nairobi
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.
Cde Monomotapa
#104 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:47:53 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 5,963
Is it to be glad that Kenyans give a iota about governance (better). RIP.
limanika
#105 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:50:18 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,983
kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.

Its the same thing. TZ were insisting their national should take over but then we were busy lecturing them to pick our own based on merit. Now when it comes to Kenya we're doing exactly same thing TZ was doing. Why not just advertise. Let everyone apply then pick on merit even its someone from Papua new Guinea
Kusadikika
#106 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 11:03:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,632
Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
VituVingiSana
#107 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:43:00 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,585
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.
Learn to walk before running. Firms like Vodafone often rotate their rising stars so they gain experience before they get the top job.

Do you give your kid keys to a powerful motorcycle before she learns how to handle a bicycle on her own?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#108 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:46:20 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,585
Location: Nairobi
Kusadikika wrote:
Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
Applause Applause Applause Wise words. We have seen it happen on many occasions. I don't have many Saf but Saf affects so many of the other listed firms.

From KCB and Equity (banks) to KQ and Total (sales/payments).
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
young
#109 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 12:21:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
DELETED
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#110 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 12:23:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#111 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 1:37:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
https://www.standardmedi...gwa-because-of-his-tribe
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
obiero
#112 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:18:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
young wrote:
My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.


Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Ericsson
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:24:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,737
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.


Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK


Sylvia as CEO that will be the end of safaricom
whiteowl
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:19:06 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/16/2014
Posts: 1,375
Location: Bohemian Grove
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.


Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK


Sylvia as CEO that will be the end of safaricom


If one day you wake up and find out she is the CEO, sell all your shares,run and don't look back.
murchr
#115 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 10:06:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,010
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.


Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK


Sylvia as CEO that will be the end of safaricom


If one day you wake up and find out she is the CEO, sell all your shares,run and don't look back.



Male chauvinism
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<456
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.