Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Dec 14, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
With Oil in Turkana, Why Are We Still Importing It... [19]
Jumia IPO and Short Seller Criticism [13]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1305]
Uchumi - A value play? [445]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14135]
forex investment [10]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [3]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [493]
KenGen HY 2019 [320]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [154]
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond [277]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [206]
Kenya Economy Watch [2397]
Carbacid HY19 [26]
Banks Stealing IP? [3]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

22 Pages«<1213141516>»
Why dustbowl is the future
MugundaMan
#261 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 7:22:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 2,000
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
nairobby wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
@MugundaPerson could help here. What is wrong with this DC people renting out houses at such throw away prices. Some of those houses are at least worth over 8M. In Kilimani they can get 60k minimum for an investment worth that, kitengele 35k?

LINK: https://mobile.twitter.c...tus/1118140206597726208


1. Kitengela is really far.
2. Someone responded to that tweet and said he did cost management for this project and is the reason they are able to charge 35k and still turn a profit.


Kitengela is a mere 38km from Nairobi CBD.
Well within the 40km radius that is the secret to investing in real estate in Kenya today.
And Kitengela also has the MOST room to expand.
Add that SGR cuts right through DC and so shall the Expressway from MSA.
Add that the face of Kenya lives there in no other way except perhaps in Rongai and Ngong which just happen to also be in DC.
Jameni what more do people need to be told to see DC is the future?


**Destination 2k posts and it's curtains!****Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya. Join us investing here or perish!!****I know you miss me but I'm NEVER coming back Laughing out loudly** shalom
Lolest!
#262 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 8:55:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,783
Location: Kianjokoma
Quote:
It has also emerged that houses worth hundreds of millions of shillings might be demolished in all satellite towns in Kajiado after buyers were duped into purchasing urban centre plots owned by other people.

Most of these business and residential homeowners were allocated town plots already sold or issued to other people.

Several people have been occupying land without sale agreements or allotment letters. Other pieces of land have multiple allotment letters with different people paying different sums of money to different entities for the same land.

Some plots are being claimed by more than three people, all of whom have been paying land rates to the county government.

An ongoing Kajiado plots validation exercise has opened a can of worms, revealing that land brokers have been fleecing unsuspecting buyers in an intricate web of corruption.

The exercise is meant to identify genuine plot owners in all satellite towns.

With no official register indicating owners of the plots under the county jurisdiction, county land officers have been carrying out the exercise manually under heavy police presence.

Each plot owners is required to produce ownership documents.

https://www.google.com/a...-asAMP-edfw40/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MugundaMan
#263 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:13:52 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 2,000
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
It has also emerged that houses worth hundreds of millions of shillings might be demolished in all satellite towns in Kajiado after buyers were duped into purchasing urban centre plots owned by other people.

Most of these business and residential homeowners were allocated town plots already sold or issued to other people.

Several people have been occupying land without sale agreements or allotment letters. Other pieces of land have multiple allotment letters with different people paying different sums of money to different entities for the same land.

Some plots are being claimed by more than three people, all of whom have been paying land rates to the county government.

An ongoing Kajiado plots validation exercise has opened a can of worms, revealing that land brokers have been fleecing unsuspecting buyers in an intricate web of corruption.

The exercise is meant to identify genuine plot owners in all satellite towns.

With no official register indicating owners of the plots under the county jurisdiction, county land officers have been carrying out the exercise manually under heavy police presence.

Each plot owners is required to produce ownership documents.

https://www.google.com/a...asAMP-edfw40/index.html



Misleading article. Namanga is not a satellite town. Namanga also has a looooong history of fraudulent land deals. Then every sane person in this Kiinya knows by now not to buy a plot that does not have genuine title, upon which one has done due diligence via a search and other methods. Buying a plot which has sijui allotment letter, company share certificate etc is a recipe for tears and heartache and massive losses of investment in the future.
**Destination 2k posts and it's curtains!****Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya. Join us investing here or perish!!****I know you miss me but I'm NEVER coming back Laughing out loudly** shalom
murchr
#264 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:54:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,013
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
MugundaMan
#265 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:25:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 2,000
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
murchr wrote:
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Are you still upset because I stung you deep on the Nairobi Rains thread? Laughing out loudly

Pole papa, I am a stickler for facts and your facts just did not add up.

And its ok to sting back but please sting with substance not with pablum not worth responding to that boosts your flagging ego on the internet but accomplishes zero Laughing out loudly .
**Destination 2k posts and it's curtains!****Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya. Join us investing here or perish!!****I know you miss me but I'm NEVER coming back Laughing out loudly** shalom
murchr
#266 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:14:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,013
MugundaMan wrote:
murchr wrote:
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Are you still upset because I stung you deep on the Nairobi Rains thread? Laughing out loudly

Pole papa, I am a stickler for facts and your facts just did not add up.

And its ok to sting back but please sting with substance not with pablum not worth responding to that boosts your flagging ego on the internet but accomplishes zero Laughing out loudly .


Ati stung? I now believe there's some foolishness going on.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#267 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:05:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
murchr wrote:
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.


Wacha nicheke Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#268 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:46:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 2,000
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.


Wacha nicheke Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



Someone is experiencing some serious "male PMS" that is leading to hallucinations and emotional outbursts. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I suggest you let him be. Atapoa nywee in a couple of days.
**Destination 2k posts and it's curtains!****Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya. Join us investing here or perish!!****I know you miss me but I'm NEVER coming back Laughing out loudly** shalom
murchr
#269 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:48:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,013
MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
I don't know why but Mugundaman sounds extremely naive in matters property. He comes of as some kid who's just bought his 1st 50x100 in Kitengela. And there's also a possibility that he and hardwood are one and the same person. If am right! Kijana you must be overly excited about life.


Wacha nicheke Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



Someone is experiencing some serious "male PMS" that is leading to hallucinations and emotional outbursts. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I suggest you let him be. Atapoa nywee in a couple of days.


It must be alot of work having conversations with yourself.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
MugundaMan
#270 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:08:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 2,000
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
What more do Kenyans want to be told jameni? The tusupuu has spoken! If you have not got the memo yet, shauri ni yako na yako tu. Dustbowl is the future of Kenya for the wise ones. Rokota maploti, mabiashara, ma-apartments, ma-maisonettes hapo before you get locked out forever!





Kitengela, Juja dominate city satellite towns’ land sale in Q2



https://www.nation.co.ke...sNTwh5QMZtWDU9CaHsE3CfE

Quote:
Realtor, HassConsult’s Second Quarter Land Price Index report shows Kitengela controlled a 19.1 percent market share of the properties on sale followed by Ruiru at15.1 percent, Thika 9.4 percent with Ongata Rongai and Ngong tying at 7.9 percent.
**Destination 2k posts and it's curtains!****Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya. Join us investing here or perish!!****I know you miss me but I'm NEVER coming back Laughing out loudly** shalom
sparkly
#271 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:47:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,421
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
What more do Kenyans want to be told jameni? The tusupuu has spoken! If you have not got the memo yet, shauri ni yako na yako tu. Dustbowl is the future of Kenya for the wise ones. Rokota maploti, mabiashara, ma-apartments, ma-maisonettes hapo before you get locked out forever!





Kitengela, Juja dominate city satellite towns’ land sale in Q2



https://www.nation.co.ke...sNTwh5QMZtWDU9CaHsE3CfE

Quote:
Realtor, HassConsult’s Second Quarter Land Price Index report shows Kitengela controlled a 19.1 percent market share of the properties on sale followed by Ruiru at15.1 percent, Thika 9.4 percent with Ongata Rongai and Ngong tying at 7.9 percent.


Wonder why her employer bought Home Afrika shares instead of plots in DC.


https://www.google.com/a...asAMP-mbm8h0/index.html



Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#272 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:13:14 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,995
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
What more do Kenyans want to be told jameni? The tusupuu has spoken! If you have not got the memo yet, shauri ni yako na yako tu. Dustbowl is the future of Kenya for the wise ones. Rokota maploti, mabiashara, ma-apartments, ma-maisonettes hapo before you get locked out forever!





Kitengela, Juja dominate city satellite towns’ land sale in Q2



https://www.nation.co.ke...sNTwh5QMZtWDU9CaHsE3CfE

Quote:
Realtor, HassConsult’s Second Quarter Land Price Index report shows Kitengela controlled a 19.1 percent market share of the properties on sale followed by Ruiru at15.1 percent, Thika 9.4 percent with Ongata Rongai and Ngong tying at 7.9 percent.


Wonder why her employer bought Home Afrika shares instead of plots in DC.


https://www.google.com/a...asAMP-mbm8h0/index.html





Properties on sale smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#273 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:18:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
What more do Kenyans want to be told jameni? The tusupuu has spoken! If you have not got the memo yet, shauri ni yako na yako tu. Dustbowl is the future of Kenya for the wise ones. Rokota maploti, mabiashara, ma-apartments, ma-maisonettes hapo before you get locked out forever!





Kitengela, Juja dominate city satellite towns’ land sale in Q2



https://www.nation.co.ke...sNTwh5QMZtWDU9CaHsE3CfE

Quote:
Realtor, HassConsult’s Second Quarter Land Price Index report shows Kitengela controlled a 19.1 percent market share of the properties on sale followed by Ruiru at15.1 percent, Thika 9.4 percent with Ongata Rongai and Ngong tying at 7.9 percent.


Wonder why her employer bought Home Afrika shares instead of plots in DC.


https://www.google.com/a...asAMP-mbm8h0/index.html





Properties on sale smile

Properties for purchase
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
vin
#274 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 4:42:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/22/2007
Posts: 336
Hata kama dust bowl ni bibi yako umezidi. Is the only place you know or it is that you are the only investor there?Give people a break
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
hardwood
#275 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 6:05:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
vin wrote:
Hata kama dust bowl ni bibi yako umezidi. Is the only place you know or it is that you are the only investor there?Give people a break


An investor needs to have passion in his holdings. Unaonanga obiero na KQ. Let investors be.

Businessdaily wrote:
Sh1 million invested in buying land in Nairobi’s satellite towns a decade ago is now worth Sh8.81 million compared to Sh2.29 million invested in property (Nairobi’s suburb), Sh2.64 million (bonds), Sh1.35 million (savings) and a paltry Sh490,000 in equities,” said Hassconsult.
NewMoney
#276 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 6:53:39 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/1/2019
Posts: 111
Location: Nairobi
Businessdaily wrote:
Sh1 million invested in buying land in Nairobi’s satellite towns a decade ago is now worth Sh8.81 million compared to Sh2.29 million invested in property (Nairobi’s suburb), Sh2.64 million (bonds), Sh1.35 million (savings) and a paltry Sh490,000 in equities,” said Hassconsult.



What people are ignoring here is the fact that the real estate gains quoted above happened between 2009 and 2011, at least over 60% of it, latest by 2013. Ask anyone who bought a DC plot in the last 5 years what they have gained over those years, it will be less than 10% per year. I wouldn't brag about that 8 fold growth in 10 years (23% per year) since it is impractical... only happens once in a century or something.

I think today is a great opportunity for both stocks and real estate. Because both of them have been down/flat for quite some time now, stocks have been down for even longer despite the good economic growth going around, so it is undeniable that there is an upside correction in the offing.
doubletap
#277 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 8:49:23 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/17/2014
Posts: 111
Location: Wherethewindblows
Think the whole idea of buying a plot to build in an area with no facilities, far from your primary source of income is just a bad choice when you think that the time you spend commuting, schooling for your kids, security, access to amenities etc.

Think what needs to happen huko dustbowl is good developments 5,000 homes plus with shops, schools all the basics, done all over instead of quarter plots that cost a whole deal to develop.

So rent for 60k max would you be saving ama am looking at it all wrong? Off-course owning a house as an investment if your renting it out cash in
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
hardwood
#278 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:08:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
doubletap wrote:
Think the whole idea of buying a plot to build in an area with no facilities, far from your primary source of income is just a bad choice when you think that the time you spend commuting, schooling for your kids, security, access to amenities etc.

Think what needs to happen huko dustbowl is good developments 5,000 homes plus with shops, schools all the basics, done all over instead of quarter plots that cost a whole deal to develop.

So rent for 60k max would you be saving ama am looking at it all wrong? Off-course owning a house as an investment if your renting it out cash in


Let them transform DC one person at a time. Note that DC has malls, top banks, hospitals (branches of Aga Khan, Mater, Nairobi women etc), good schools, fibre internet etc. Also not everyone works at CBD, some work huko JKIA, companies, banks and institutions huko Mbs road and DC. DC may not have a sewer system yet but there's also no sewer in karen or runda and one makes do with a septic tank. For piped water you connect from kajiado water, EPZ or local boreholes.

https://biashara.co.ke/a...sonette-sale-kitengela/



doubletap
#279 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:03:40 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/17/2014
Posts: 111
Location: Wherethewindblows
hardwood wrote:
doubletap wrote:
Think the whole idea of buying a plot to build in an area with no facilities, far from your primary source of income is just a bad choice when you think that the time you spend commuting, schooling for your kids, security, access to amenities etc.

Think what needs to happen huko dustbowl is good developments 5,000 homes plus with shops, schools all the basics, done all over instead of quarter plots that cost a whole deal to develop.

So rent for 60k max would you be saving ama am looking at it all wrong? Off-course owning a house as an investment if your renting it out cash in


Let them transform DC one person at a time. Note that DC has malls, top banks, hospitals (branches of Aga Khan, Mater, Nairobi women etc), good schools, fibre internet etc. Also not everyone works at CBD, some work huko JKIA, companies, banks and institutions huko Mbs road and DC. DC may not have a sewer system yet but there's also no sewer in karen or runda and one makes do with a septic tank. For piped water you connect from kajiado water, EPZ or local boreholes.

https://biashara.co.ke/a...sonette-sale-kitengela/





Buying that 30m house is not good business(IMHO) if you plan to live in it as a family home. If i had the money would rent in Nairobi for 100k a month for 25years heck would pay two years in advance and invest the rest where i made the first 30m...

All depends on what your looking for...



You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
Gathige
#280 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:30:18 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,098
doubletap wrote:
hardwood wrote:
doubletap wrote:
Think the whole idea of buying a plot to build in an area with no facilities, far from your primary source of income is just a bad choice when you think that the time you spend commuting, schooling for your kids, security, access to amenities etc.

Think what needs to happen huko dustbowl is good developments 5,000 homes plus with shops, schools all the basics, done all over instead of quarter plots that cost a whole deal to develop.

So rent for 60k max would you be saving ama am looking at it all wrong? Off-course owning a house as an investment if your renting it out cash in


Let them transform DC one person at a time. Note that DC has malls, top banks, hospitals (branches of Aga Khan, Mater, Nairobi women etc), good schools, fibre internet etc. Also not everyone works at CBD, some work huko JKIA, companies, banks and institutions huko Mbs road and DC. DC may not have a sewer system yet but there's also no sewer in karen or runda and one makes do with a septic tank. For piped water you connect from kajiado water, EPZ or local boreholes.

https://biashara.co.ke/a...sonette-sale-kitengela/





Buying that 30m house is not good business(IMHO) if you plan to live in it as a family home. If i had the money would rent in Nairobi for 100k a month for 25years heck would pay two years in advance and invest the rest where i made the first 30m...

All depends on what your looking for...





Traditional economics was premised on the fact that individuals make rational decisions after evaluating the costs and benefits of each decision. However, it has been proven that human beings tend to make decisions based on the best at-the-moment appeal over the longer-term benefits. In this housing case, you are right in not buying and renting, and the person buying a house for 150 M in Kihingo and living in it as both are happy with their decisions.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
22 Pages«<1213141516>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.