Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Sep 18, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenGen HY 2019 [163]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [72]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1932]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [65]
Coop Bank 2019 [21]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13771]
AGMs Corner [20]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [64]
Kenya Economy Watch [2220]
Candidates for Recovery Board [13]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1127]
Crown Paints FY18 [10]
Bamburi SELL, ARM HOLD [29]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2692]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [423]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages12>
Longhorn HY 2019 results
Ebenyo
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:40:02 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,702
Location: Kitale
revenue kshs 697,565,000 up 73%
net profit kshs 68,831 up 52%
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:27:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,954
Location: nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
revenue kshs 697,565,000 up 73%
net profit kshs 68,831 up 52%

A chemist shop in town makes more
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
hardwood
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:52:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,328
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
So each month they made a profit of about 5k, which is less than what a house girl makes over the same period.
S.Mutaga III
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:59:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 812
It's 68.8 million. That's over 11 million in net profit per month. I don't think there are many chemists if any that make over 11 million NET profit per month. Also, Longhorn typically makes most of its money in the second half i.e Jan-June due to the nature of its business. I wont be surprised if the net profit surpasses 200 million in FY.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Ebenyo
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:23:13 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,702
Location: Kitale
hardwood wrote:
So each month they made a profit of about 5k, which is less than what a house girl makes over the same period.


im sorry for the error.Its kshs 68,831,000
Towards the goal of financial freedom
tom_boy
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:27:00 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 707
Hardly a blip on the share price
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:27:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
tom_boy wrote:
Hardly a blip on the share price


https://www.businessdail...990430-3qdomr/index.html
littledove
#8 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 8:35:55 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 722
Location: sky
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Longhorn-takes-Sh900m-loans-at-16pc-interest/4003102-5262122-dogjfrz/index.html
Longhorn Publishers has taken bank loans amounting to Sh896.5 million at an average interest rate of 16 percent, significantly above the maximum annual lending rate of 13 percent for commercial bank loans.

It was not immediately clear why the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm is incurring finance costs above the legal requirement.
..............
The loan is secured by the company (Longhorn) vehicles and attracts interest at 15.75 percent. The loan tenor is 60 months,” Centum said of the SBM loan.

The StanChart loan has an interest of 14 percent, is secured by the publisher’s buildings and matures in 12 months. The loan is for working capital.

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#9 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 11:08:41 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Longhorn-takes-Sh900m-loans-at-16pc-interest/4003102-5262122-dogjfrz/index.html
Longhorn Publishers has taken bank loans amounting to Sh896.5 million at an average interest rate of 16 percent, significantly above the maximum annual lending rate of 13 percent for commercial bank loans.

It was not immediately clear why the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm is incurring finance costs above the legal requirement.
..............
The loan is secured by the company (Longhorn) vehicles and attracts interest at 15.75 percent. The loan tenor is 60 months,” Centum said of the SBM loan.

The StanChart loan has an interest of 14 percent, is secured by the publisher’s buildings and matures in 12 months. The loan is for working capital.


James Mworia@MworiaJ
Longhorns borrowing is Kshs 364mm at an average interest rate of 14%.
Mastermind
#10 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 12:35:14 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,595
Location: Langley
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Longhorn-takes-Sh900m-loans-at-16pc-interest/4003102-5262122-dogjfrz/index.html
Longhorn Publishers has taken bank loans amounting to Sh896.5 million at an average interest rate of 16 percent, significantly above the maximum annual lending rate of 13 percent for commercial bank loans.

It was not immediately clear why the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm is incurring finance costs above the legal requirement.
..............
The loan is secured by the company (Longhorn) vehicles and attracts interest at 15.75 percent. The loan tenor is 60 months,” Centum said of the SBM loan.

The StanChart loan has an interest of 14 percent, is secured by the publisher’s buildings and matures in 12 months. The loan is for working capital.


James Mworia@MworiaJ
Longhorns borrowing is Kshs 364mm at an average interest rate of 14%.


If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 12:37:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Longhorn-takes-Sh900m-loans-at-16pc-interest/4003102-5262122-dogjfrz/index.html
Longhorn Publishers has taken bank loans amounting to Sh896.5 million at an average interest rate of 16 percent, significantly above the maximum annual lending rate of 13 percent for commercial bank loans.

It was not immediately clear why the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm is incurring finance costs above the legal requirement.
..............
The loan is secured by the company (Longhorn) vehicles and attracts interest at 15.75 percent. The loan tenor is 60 months,” Centum said of the SBM loan.

The StanChart loan has an interest of 14 percent, is secured by the publisher’s buildings and matures in 12 months. The loan is for working capital.


James Mworia@MworiaJ
Longhorns borrowing is Kshs 364mm at an average interest rate of 14%.




Business daily at it's best
Mastermind
#12 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 12:55:51 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,595
Location: Langley
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 1:05:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth
Mastermind
#14 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 2:35:27 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,595
Location: Langley
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Ericsson
#15 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 3:27:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!


So Mworia was lying
Mastermind
#16 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 4:00:20 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,595
Location: Langley
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!


So Mworia was lying


Let him show us what we are missing.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Ericsson
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:33:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,227
Location: NAIROBI
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!


So Mworia was lying


Let him show us what we are missing.

@vvs would say he has skin in the game
VituVingiSana
#18 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2019 12:22:25 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,288
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!


So Mworia was lying
Longhorns borrowing is Kshs 364mm at an average interest rate of 14%.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#19 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2019 12:28:38 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,288
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
@Ericsson, They are right. Check the annual report for Centum Plc https://centum.co.ke/ima..._Annual_Report_FY19.pdf pg 223. What are we (Business daily and yours truly) missing?

Between James Mworia and Business Daily who is saying the truth




Here we go!


So Mworia was lying


Let him show us what we are missing.

@vvs would say he has skin in the game
Mworia has 5mn+ shares. Almost 0.75% shareholding. Significant money in Centum.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
BKB
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:49:17 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/14/2015
Posts: 14
Location: KYN
2:49 EAT

Shares traded: 105K
Share price: Ksh 5.54
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.