Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [874]
What has your governor done for you? [696]
Why I reject the BBI [176]
Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke [64]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2215]
Likoni Ferry tragedy.... [79]
Nairobi Rains [322]
Plastic ban [6]
Penalty for corruption in Kenya [14]
Eliud Kipchoge. This man! [156]
West pokot landslides [3]
Greta's tears and plea dethrones false science [13]
Billionaires shouldn't exist [42]
SGR Progress thus far [1381]
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist [205]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages«<234
Likoni Ferry tragedy....
kawi254
#61 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 2:47:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 350
Location: Nairobi
There are reports(rumours) of several cars being down there in the channel.

Could it be before social media in the years past some cars sunk and were never reported and forgotten?
Lolest!
#62 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 6:11:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,778
Location: Kianjokoma
2012 wrote:
Kenya is a country where one tragedy or disaster is canceled out or replaced by another. That's our consolation.

In the very recent times, we've had the Cohen murder which was canceled out by the The Precious Talent school kids tragedy which was canceled out by the ferry incident which is about to be canceled by the Kakamega collapsed building...

d'oh! same with scandals
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 8:43:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,986
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 9:35:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
murchr wrote:
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.


So what is the tribe of the ferry employees?
murchr
#65 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 10:45:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,986
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.


So what is the tribe of the ferry employees?


No one from "bara" can head Kenya Ports or Kenya Ferry Services go figure why.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
obiero
#66 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 10:27:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
2012 wrote:
Kenya is a country where one tragedy or disaster is canceled out or replaced by another. That's our consolation.

In the very recent times, we've had the Cohen murder which was canceled out by the The Precious Talent school kids tragedy which was canceled out by the ferry incident which is about to be canceled by the Kakamega collapsed building...

Walai hio ni ukweli mtupu
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Queen
#67 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 10:54:39 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 180
Location: Britain
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.


So what is the tribe of the ferry employees?


No one from "bara" can head Kenya Ports or Kenya Ferry Services go figure why.


The last time I checked the KPA CEO was from bara.
2012
#68 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 11:49:03 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,564
Location: Nairobi

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Lolest!
#69 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 12:48:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,778
Location: Kianjokoma
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.


So what is the tribe of the ferry employees?


No one from "bara" can head Kenya Ports or Kenya Ferry Services go figure why.


The last time I checked the KPA CEO was from bara.

On the flipside, what about KDB, KCC, KTDA...ever headed by waPwani?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#70 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 4:00:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,986
Lolest! wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
You will start employing people according to their expertise and not tribe.


So what is the tribe of the ferry employees?


No one from "bara" can head Kenya Ports or Kenya Ferry Services go figure why.


The last time I checked the KPA CEO was from bara.

On the flipside, what about KDB, KCC, KTDA...ever headed by waPwani?


Expertise not tribe. I don't care who heads KDB K whaat have you not. My tribe is not a measure of intelligence
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#71 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 4:39:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,986
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#72 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:40:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
Yaani he made the claim even before the car and family were recovered? That was fast. That car should be thoroughly inspected to determine the cause of the accident.

"As plans to retrieve a vehicle that plunged into the Indian Ocean in the likoni channel in Mombasa were underway, Mr.Wambua was busy working to secure the insurance payouts for his car, it has emerged" Today's Daily Nation, Page 7

Mastermind
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:46:37 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 1,618
Location: Langley
hardwood wrote:
Yaani he made the claim even before the car and family were recovered? That was fast. That car should be thoroughly inspected to determine the cause of the accident.

"As plans to retrieve a vehicle that plunged into the Indian Ocean in the likoni channel in Mombasa were underway, Mr.Wambua was busy working to secure the insurance payouts for his car, it has emerged" Today's Daily Nation, Page 7



You and Daily Nation didn't get it.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
essyk
#74 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:11:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 11/15/2011
Posts: 4,442
Entire board of Kenya Ferry sent packing by the president.
ok what the hell were they waiting for anyway?

Any Retired Octogenerian in the house?

apply apply apply.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
2012
#75 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:39:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,564
Location: Nairobi
2012 wrote:
So, expect the automatic solution to every tragedy in Kenya. Fire/suspend the MD and team, call in the DCI to do nothing... and there! all problems solved.


This serekali is too predictable.

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
hardwood
#76 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 10:29:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,553
Location: Rodi Kopany, Homa Bay
harrydre
#77 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:10:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 9,076
Location: Kanjo
hardwood wrote:


kenya shida tupu!
newfarer
#78 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:34:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,355
Location: Uganda
essyk wrote:
Entire board of Kenya Ferry sent packing by the president.
ok what the hell were they waiting for anyway?

Any Retired Octogenerian in the house?

apply apply apply.

guka wa bijoti
punda amecheka
murchr
#79 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2019 6:39:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,986


Ati mli sema ile kelele ya last time ilisaidia aje?

Breaking wrote:


statement from Kenya Ferry
"It is with sadness that we would like to confirm that at around 4.20AM on the mainland side of the channel, a motorist driving a saloon car whose registration number plate has not yet been established right away after purchasing ticket drove off to the ramps with high speed to the ocean even after being flagged by our ramp controllers to slow down and stop.

The occupants in the car have not yet been established.The Kenya Ferry Services rescue boat responded immediatetely, together with Kenya Navy, Kenya police and other multi agencies.

The recovery operations is under way. Our heart, thoughts and prayers goes to the family and friends of the lost lives. We will keep updated on the progress of the recovery."
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.