Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Nov 17, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14062]
Stanlib Fahari FY18 [57]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [483]
CIC Insurance 2019 [39]
BRITAM 2019 [7]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [190]
Kenya Economy Watch [2323]
KenGen HY 2019 [279]
Madness at the NSE [1936]
Coop Bank 2019 [52]
Scangroup [5]
Law Capping interest rates [2981]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3201]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [118]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2068]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages<12
Embakasi Ranching-Ruai plots
shalishali
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:42:55 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/15/2009
Posts: 142
Location: Nairobi
madammary wrote:
josiah33 wrote:
Where exactly is block 136 in ruai embakasi ranch.

i read in businessdaily sometimes back about a block 136 in ruai-embakasi ranch being Government land and i also wonder where exactly block 136 is.

I don't know where block 136 is but i do know that a new sanitary landfill(read dumpsite) is proposed by Nairobi city council in Ruai location. An Environmental impact assessment has been done and the report can be downloaded from NEMA website. The location, according to the report, is between Nrb river and Embakasi Ranching unfortunately no site plan or clear map is included.However,one of the major conclusions of the report is that land ownership issue must be resolved before project commences though land is deemed owned by NCC(200 acres).Therefore there could be an issue with Embakasi ranching, my thoughts.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
Wendz
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:48:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/19/2008
Posts: 4,268
maina20 wrote:
josiah33 wrote:
They are not keen on issuing titles because once they issue them they have no control anymore. It would mean their manipulations and hold on the land would come to an end and that's what scares them.

Sad Sad Sad its a time bomb.....imagine they literally pocket transfer fees.. eti stamp duty. thats why they cant issue titles. otherwise GK will take the taxes. my worry is, with the new katiba and a new gava in future, things might turn like syokimau..... and u will be issued with a lease cert with millions of outstanding rates on top. or those guys can take loans with the original deed and auctioneers will come calling...Sad Sad Sad ..


You couldn't put it any better.... I was enticed to "good property investment opportunities" by a friend of mine but when i listened to the whole story, i developed cold feet instantly.... It could be genuine but i still do not mind missing out on the "opportunities".... This is one company that still leaves me wondering where people get the confidence to invest and re-invest in land the company is handling. You mention Embakasi Ranch and i will break my legs running away irrespective of how irresistible the deal may sound.
josiah33
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:14:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
shalishali wrote:
madammary wrote:
josiah33 wrote:
Where exactly is block 136 in ruai embakasi ranch.

i read in businessdaily sometimes back about a block 136 in ruai-embakasi ranch being Government land and i also wonder where exactly block 136 is.

I don't know where block 136 is but i do know that a new sanitary landfill(read dumpsite) is proposed by Nairobi city council in Ruai location. An Environmental impact assessment has been done and the report can be downloaded from NEMA website. The location, according to the report, is between Nrb river and Embakasi Ranching unfortunately no site plan or clear map is included.However,one of the major conclusions of the report is that land ownership issue must be resolved before project commences though land is deemed owned by NCC(200 acres).Therefore there could be an issue with Embakasi ranching, my thoughts.

does this imply that u believe block 136 could be this city council land?
shalishali
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:36:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/15/2009
Posts: 142
Location: Nairobi
josiah33 wrote:
shalishali wrote:
madammary wrote:
josiah33 wrote:
Where exactly is block 136 in ruai embakasi ranch.

i read in businessdaily sometimes back about a block 136 in ruai-embakasi ranch being Government land and i also wonder where exactly block 136 is.

I don't know where block 136 is but i do know that a new sanitary landfill(read dumpsite) is proposed by Nairobi city council in Ruai location. An Environmental impact assessment has been done and the report can be downloaded from NEMA website. The location, according to the report, is between Nrb river and Embakasi Ranching unfortunately no site plan or clear map is included.However,one of the major conclusions of the report is that land ownership issue must be resolved before project commences though land is deemed owned by NCC(200 acres).Therefore there could be an issue with Embakasi ranching, my thoughts.

does this imply that u believe block 136 could be this city council land?

@Josiah33, i really do not know where block 136 is ,so the proposed site could be far from this block, no map in the report to verify this.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
freiks
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:25:04 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,700
I know some surveyor who managed to computerize all the nairobi and mombasa cadastral plans, am trying to see whether i can access that data and if i do i will be sure to give you guys the exact location of that block
And by the way he used the same data to allocate himself a bypass land but when gava came calling he lost handsomely. More than 50m worth of his investment went to the drains
Life is an endless adventure
tassia
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:40:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/25/2011
Posts: 368
Location: Nairobi
I know someone with land on the said block 136. In fact, insiders say that block 136 is by far the largest piece of land owned by Embakasi Ranching. I was talking to someone and I understand it covers the area next to NCC Sewage works and all the way towards kilimambogo but starts about a kilometer from the main Ruai Junction as you go to the NCC sewage. But as you approach kamulu, it cuts the Kangundo Road and covers a potion of the upper side and from here both in the lower and upper sides, it borders Kamulu.

The issue was that the government acquired this land for Embakasi Ranching from Mkoloni (I do not know what this process was called) It is said that Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd was supposed to pay back the government but never paid. I would not be surprised and especially because Embakasi Ranching has been run by Politicians since 1976...or earlier (not sure about the year.)

Someone said that a few people have titles on the block but I am not sure.

As a student Accountant many years ago, I remember reading through audited reports of Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd. For many years, the Auditor issued a qualified report. If I can remember well, there were issues to do with some titles not presented to the auditor and also the issue of NCC rates.

I spoke to someone who was confident that even if that was the case, the investments were too huge for the government to chase away people. The syokimau issue should be an eye opener.
Mtublack
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:49:56 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/18/2009
Posts: 174
freiks wrote:
I know some surveyor who managed to computerize all the nairobi and mombasa cadastral plans, am trying to see whether i can access that data and if i do i will be sure to give you guys the exact location of that block
And by the way he used the same data to allocate himself a bypass land but when gava came calling he lost handsomely. More than 50m worth of his investment went to the drains



and he is an MPig, phew

The 50 million investment was pocket change he was able to build confidence to potential buyers and hike the plot prices being upmarket area.


Some you win some you lose
josiah33
#28 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 7:44:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
tassia wrote:
I know someone with land on the said block 136. In fact, insiders say that block 136 is by far the largest piece of land owned by Embakasi Ranching. I was talking to someone and I understand it covers the area next to NCC Sewage works and all the way towards kilimambogo but starts about a kilometer from the main Ruai Junction as you go to the NCC sewage. But as you approach kamulu, it cuts the Kangundo Road and covers a potion of the upper side and from here both in the lower and upper sides, it borders Kamulu.

The issue was that the government acquired this land for Embakasi Ranching from Mkoloni (I do not know what this process was called) It is said that Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd was supposed to pay back the government but never paid. I would not be surprised and especially because Embakasi Ranching has been run by Politicians since 1976...or earlier (not sure about the year.)

Someone said that a few people have titles on the block but I am not sure.

As a student Accountant many years ago, I remember reading through audited reports of Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd. For many years, the Auditor issued a qualified report. If I can remember well, there were issues to do with some titles not presented to the auditor and also the issue of NCC rates.

I spoke to someone who was confident that even if that was the case, the investments were too huge for the government to chase away people. The syokimau issue should be an eye opener.

does it cover all the lower area before the ruai junction?
josiah33
#29 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 7:46:52 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
tassia wrote:
I know someone with land on the said block 136. In fact, insiders say that block 136 is by far the largest piece of land owned by Embakasi Ranching. I was talking to someone and I understand it covers the area next to NCC Sewage works and all the way towards kilimambogo but starts about a kilometer from the main Ruai Junction as you go to the NCC sewage. But as you approach kamulu, it cuts the Kangundo Road and covers a potion of the upper side and from here both in the lower and upper sides, it borders Kamulu.

The issue was that the government acquired this land for Embakasi Ranching from Mkoloni (I do not know what this process was called) It is said that Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd was supposed to pay back the government but never paid. I would not be surprised and especially because Embakasi Ranching has been run by Politicians since 1976...or earlier (not sure about the year.)

Someone said that a few people have titles on the block but I am not sure.

As a student Accountant many years ago, I remember reading through audited reports of Embakasi Ranching Company Ltd. For many years, the Auditor issued a qualified report. If I can remember well, there were issues to do with some titles not presented to the auditor and also the issue of NCC rates.

I spoke to someone who was confident that even if that was the case, the investments were too huge for the government to chase away people. The syokimau issue should be an eye opener.

does it cover all the lower area before the ruai junction?
josiah33
#30 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:06:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
If block 136 is really Government land then there's not much hope of people owning plots on the said block getting titles. Given that it's the largest parcel in embakasi ranch then majority of the plot owners will never get title deeds and there is the threat of a syokimau there too. How on earth would the ranching company go on and subdivide land they have not paid for and therefore do not possess a title for and why would the Government just watch as people put their money in the drain?
madammary
#31 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:37:48 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 175
Location: Nairobi
majimaji wrote:

@ Madammary, please name names. It can save people from being swindled around the Sewage plant.

i don't know the guys who are selling land their but they are telling the people buying that they have authority from Orengo. am not sure if all this are all lies they are feeding people to dupe them.
Ndaragwa
#32 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:27:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/12/2011
Posts: 108
madammary wrote:
majimaji wrote:

@ Madammary, please name names. It can save people from being swindled around the Sewage plant.

i don't know the guys who are selling land their but they are telling the people buying that they have authority from Orengo. am not sure if all this are all lies they are feeding people to dupe them.


If the authority to sell is from an individual - then you should shy away from such land deals. There should be formal process that is independent of office holder! What happens when the individual is out of office??
madammary
#33 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:19:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 175
Location: Nairobi
Ndaragwa wrote:
madammary wrote:
majimaji wrote:

@ Madammary, please name names. It can save people from being swindled around the Sewage plant.

i don't know the guys who are selling land their but they are telling the people buying that they have authority from Orengo. am not sure if all this are all lies they are feeding people to dupe them.


If the authority to sell is from an individual - then you should shy away from such land deals. There should be formal process that is independent of office holder! What happens when the individual is out of office??

i just wonder what will happen too.
MKAMBA
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:20:57 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 11/1/2006
Posts: 24
majimaji wrote:

@ Madammary, please name names. It can save people from being swindled around the Sewage plant.

i don't know the guys who are selling land their but they are telling the people buying that they have authority from Orengo. am not sure if all this are all lies they are feeding people to dupe them.
goog observation
MKAMBA
#35 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:23:15 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 11/1/2006
Posts: 24
madammary wrote:
Ndaragwa wrote:
madammary wrote:
majimaji wrote:

@ Madammary, please name names. It can save people from being swindled around the Sewage plant.

i don't know the guys who are selling land their but they are telling the people buying that they have authority from Orengo. am not sure if all this are all lies they are feeding people to dupe them.


If the authority to sell is from an individual - then you should shy away from such land deals. There should be formal process that is independent of office holder! What happens when the individual is out of office??

i just wonder what will happen too.

kikoll
Nairobiguy
#36 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 4:07:25 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 9/28/2011
Posts: 5
Location: Nairobi
shonagal wrote:
There is a kamzee there who's name is Mwangi Thuita who thinks Embakasi ranch is his personal property and the mother title(s)belongs to him. To him the shareholders do not deserve individual titles and they live in houses built in their plots at his own mercy. They have no real claims to the plots they've built in, as what they have are share certificates, which Mwangi Thuita seems to think are not proof that a certain plot with a certain plot number as indicated in the certificate belongs to a shareholder. A share just mean you could be allocated a plot anywhere after your plot has been given to someone else(double, triple allocation etc). He also believes that once you've bought land in Ruai you should guard it the way you would guard a rice paddy against birds eating the rice or put some structure to stake your claim and show that you really own the land.
He is the Chairman and this are some of his qualifications:
1.Former Stooge and Sycophant of the late Muhuri Muchiri(Former Embakasi MP).
2.Illiterate
3.Self appointed Kikuyu elder.
4. Small time Mafioso
....AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE.



Why is the government sitting an waiting for this thing called Embakasi Ranching to explode?? I think this will be worse than Mbo-i-kamiti, there shall be bloodshed in Embakasi soon.

Embakasi Ranching Company and the land it owns remains one of independent Kenya’s most explosive property crises in the past three decades. Embakasi Ranching Kenya’s most explosive property crises in the past three decades .
Jitahidi
#37 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 9:30:46 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/8/2008
Posts: 288
Is Embakasi Ranching Company still conning people? I have seen this discussion here for years and from the reviews they look terrible.. Someone told me he is buying their land in Ruai I was in shock...I felt like its pata potea...like throwing money away...
I warned him but he didn't seem keen to listen
Am
#38 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 11:42:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/21/2012
Posts: 1,739
Jitahidi wrote:
Is Embakasi Ranching Company still conning people? I have seen this discussion here for years and from the reviews they look terrible.. Someone told me he is buying their land in Ruai I was in shock...I felt like its pata potea...like throwing money away...
I warned him but he didn't seem keen to listen


I would not accept FREE LAND ruai..and I repeat repeat Free!!!!!!!!!!
I almost bought thin air and learnt a lesson.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
josiah33
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:41:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
What's really happening in Ruai right now with regard to the ongoing shareholder verification and issuance of leases to plot owners? Is it a repeat of the ownership verification done last year or is it confirmation of plot owners on the list with the Lands office for those to be issued with leases? There is still talk of plot owners coughing up Ksh.20,000 per plot as charges for site visit. I thought that was over when the verification process was done last year. Anyone on the know?
josiah33
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:43:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 1/27/2011
Posts: 1,777
I really regret being in association with Embakasi Ranching Company even if indirectly.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.