Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14243]
Kenya Economy Watch [2448]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [201]
Carbacid HY19 [29]
KenGen HY 2019 [359]
Bamburi Cement 2019 [14]
2020 Watch List - Buy/Sell [13]
Amana Capital 'drinks clients money water' [12]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [171]
Banque de Kigali [463]
You never know who's swimming naked until the tide... [28]
Why dustbowl is the future [436]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [214]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2808]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1315]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

123 Pages«<120121122123>
Kenya Economy Watch
maka
#2421 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 10:07:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,281
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.


Ineptitude...
possunt quia posse videntur
cyruskulei
#2422 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 1:56:25 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2010
Posts: 205
Location: kenya
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.



We have a government on place focused only on political development and civil servants focused on more bribes and trips .
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

murchr
#2423 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 9:43:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,096
cyruskulei wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.



We have a government on place focused only on political development and civil servants focused on more bribes and trips .


The police has been deployed to shoot to kill as many as possible, in the process, driving them more inland.....

Who's "brilliant" idea was this?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
newfarer
#2424 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 7:08:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,394
Location: Uganda
murchr wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.



We have a government on place focused only on political development and civil servants focused on more bribes and trips .


The police has been deployed to shoot to kill as many as possible, in the process, driving them more inland.....

Who's "brilliant" idea was this?

To shoot locusts ama?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
punda amecheka
littledove
#2425 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 8:22:10 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 750
Location: sky
newfarer wrote:
murchr wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.



We have a government on place focused only on political development and civil servants focused on more bribes and trips .


The police has been deployed to shoot to kill as many as possible, in the process, driving them more inland.....

Who's "brilliant" idea was this?

To shoot locusts ama?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly and that gives somebody a tender to buy as many bullets and tear gas canisters as possible.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ebenyo
#2426 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 8:24:19 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,773
Location: Kitale
kawi254 wrote:
A locust invasion was flagged months ago by FAO in Ethiopia then Somalia and now is in Northern Kenya. Why is GoK seemingly unbothered & unprepared with this oncoming train smash?

Interestingly in June 2019 The Desert Locusts Control Organisation for East Africa was spraying Quelea birds wrecking havoc on Narok wheat farms.



They have concluded that the economy of Northern kenya will not be affected.
But they rushed to Narok rescue because of wheat.
When the situation becomes dire in Northern kenya,then they will start fundraising for relief efforts.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#2427 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2020 10:27:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,851
Location: NAIROBI
mnandii
#2428 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2020 10:01:41 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,882
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2019/02/04/kenyan-tycoon-manu-chandaria-to-lose-company-over-60-million-debt/


The economy is bed-ridden

Quote:
Kaluworks Limited, a manufacturer of aluminum cookware and roofing sheets that is wholly owned by Manu Chandaria’s Comcraft Group, is facing auction over a $60 million debt owed to a consortium of Kenyan banks.


Quote:
Over the last few weeks, some of Kenya’s leading banks and financial institutions have published notices in Kenyan newspapers announcing the auction of Kaluwork’s assets over its non-performing loans. Some of the banks Kaluworks is indebted to include I&M Bank, NIC Bank and Bank of Baroda. The banks have instructed auctioneers and debt collectors to auction off multi-million dollar properties including residential and commercial complexes owned by Kaluworks, which had been used to guarantee loans for Kaluworks after the firm failed to honor its obligations.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
maka
#2429 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2020 10:30:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,281
Location: Nairobi
https://www.nation.co.ke...7982-v9ifkmz/index.html

Tyre distributor Sameer Africa will from February 1 start laying off 52 employees as it struggles to survive, deepening the job crisis in Kenya’s corporate scene.

The firm has continued to struggle even after its change of strategy in 2016 when it stopped local manufacturing of its key tyre brand Yana and opted to outsource to Asia.
possunt quia posse videntur
McGill
#2430 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2020 4:23:35 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/1/2019
Posts: 19
mnandii wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2019/02/04/kenyan-tycoon-manu-chandaria-to-lose-company-over-60-million-debt/


The economy is bed-ridden

Quote:
Kaluworks Limited, a manufacturer of aluminum cookware and roofing sheets that is wholly owned by Manu Chandaria’s Comcraft Group, is facing auction over a $60 million debt owed to a consortium of Kenyan banks.


Quote:
Over the last few weeks, some of Kenya’s leading banks and financial institutions have published notices in Kenyan newspapers announcing the auction of Kaluwork’s assets over its non-performing loans. Some of the banks Kaluworks is indebted to include I&M Bank, NIC Bank and Bank of Baroda. The banks have instructed auctioneers and debt collectors to auction off multi-million dollar properties including residential and commercial complexes owned by Kaluworks, which had been used to guarantee loans for Kaluworks after the firm failed to honor its obligations.


What happened to Kaluworks?
Ericsson
#2431 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:20:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,851
Location: NAIROBI
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists
FUNKY
#2432 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:39:33 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,577
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


I doubt figures for Ethiopia!
Swenani
#2433 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:43:29 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 13,073
Location: Vacuum
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#2434 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:04:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,092
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#2435 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:15:03 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 13,073
Location: Vacuum
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#2436 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:46:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,096
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village




The morden traveller doesn't necessarily want to see animals. It's a pity historical sites in Kenya are not sold by KTB.

France gets about 90m tourists in a year, a number which is more than their population...because of a building and events like tour de France
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Angelica _ann
#2437 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:02:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,092
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village




The morden traveller doesn't necessarily want to see animals. It's a pity historical sites in Kenya are not sold by KTB.

France gets about 90m tourists in a year, a number which is more than their population...because of a building and events like tour de France


Thanks .......true ...... learning. smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#2438 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:17:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,851
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village




The morden traveller doesn't necessarily want to see animals. It's a pity historical sites in Kenya are not sold by KTB.

France gets about 90m tourists in a year, a number which is more than their population...because of a building and events like tour de France


Thanks .......true ...... learning. smile


Kenya we sell animals and the beach to tourists
Swenani
#2439 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:55:11 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 13,073
Location: Vacuum
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village




The morden traveller doesn't necessarily want to see animals. It's a pity historical sites in Kenya are not sold by KTB.

France gets about 90m tourists in a year, a number which is more than their population...because of a building and events like tour de France


Thanks .......true ...... learning. smile


I can organise and mobilise for private learning lessons for you mademoiselle AA
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
VituVingiSana
#2440 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 1:37:50 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,634
Location: Nairobi
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
In 1990, Kenya with 814,000 tourists significantly led Dubai (450,000) and Ethiopia (64,000).

In 2018:
Kenya earns $1.55bn from 2m tourists
Dubai earns $18.7bn from 16m tourists
Ethiopia earns $7.4bn from 1.4m tourists


These stats tell us that we attract students and backpakers as tourists


What tourists attraction are there in Ethiopia (that beats Kenya), asking for a friend?


1.Lucy
2. lalibela sewn rock churches
3. Gondar
4.Erta Ale
5. Blue nile falls
6. Girls
7. Shashamane village

Laughing out loudly Applause smile
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
123 Pages«<120121122123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.