Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Mar 29, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Coronavirus [658]
Snake up the rod [6]
One word uttered most everyday, everywhere in Keny... [42]
Life after Covid-19 [23]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson [69]
Kenny Rogers: Country Music Legend [21]
Curfew [5]
Why I reject the BBI [419]
Journalist &, Blogger Dennis Itumbi arrested [196]
Murder mysteries :Michael Maingi Kyengo , and ... [15]
POTUS TRUMP [1398]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [467]
Ruto should name his running mate [29]
Zimbabwe COUP - Mugabe ARRESTED [105]
Hosni Mubarak, adios [8]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kipsigis military technology
tycho
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:18:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,706
Location: Nairobi
The war between the Kipsigis (Msingi wa Kiswahili Darasa la 4smile ) and the Luo ended when one Luanda Magere had his shadow speared.

If the Kenyan Defence forces, or even the Americans ever accessed this technology then the al Shabaab would have already been defeated.

We know from the narrative that Luanda Magere did not protect his shadow. What does this mean? Perhaps he had grown too complacent to care?

In any case, this story has much more than we have cared to appreciate. But History has to be rewritten in order to accommodate non-Eurocentric narratives, and the African perspective or version can only be investigated and written by us.

AlphDoti
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:52:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 6,217
Location: Kenya
tycho wrote:
The war between the Kipsigis (Msingi wa Kiswahili Darasa la 4smile ) and the Luo ended when one Luanda Magere had his shadow speared.

If the Kenyan Defence forces, or even the Americans ever accessed this technology then the al Shabaab would have already been defeated.

We know from the narrative that Luanda Magere did not protect his shadow. What does this mean? Perhaps he had grown too complacent to care?

In any case, this story has much more than we have cared to appreciate. But History has to be rewritten in order to accommodate non-Eurocentric narratives, and the African perspective or version can only be investigated and written by us.

You are misleading, or you don't know. It was not the Kipsigis. Refer to your history notes properly. Let me give you a tip: which community gave the most beautiful girl as gift to Luanda Magere to marry?
AlphDoti
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:02:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 6,217
Location: Kenya
Quote:
The Nandi leaders concluded that they would give Lwanda Magere a beautiful woman from there clan to marry. They selected the most beautiful girl and sent her to Lwanda.

One day it happened that Lwanda Magere fell sick and because his first wife was away, his second wife from the Kalenjin community had to find medicine for him. Lwanda instructed her to cut his shadow with a knife and instill the medicine.

She was surprised when she saw the shadow bleeding. During the night, she secretly left Lwanda's home and went back to her community where she was received with joy. She narrated to them that Lwanda's shadow had flesh and was the point of his weakness...

The Kalenjins broke into war with Luos... When Lwanda tried to escape, one of the Nandi warriors remembered that Lwanda had powers in his shadow, he went to a hill, threw a spear into Lwanda's shadow. He fell down, died and his body turned into a smooth stone.

tycho
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:24:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,706
Location: Nairobi
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
The war between the Kipsigis (Msingi wa Kiswahili Darasa la 4smile ) and the Luo ended when one Luanda Magere had his shadow speared.

If the Kenyan Defence forces, or even the Americans ever accessed this technology then the al Shabaab would have already been defeated.

We know from the narrative that Luanda Magere did not protect his shadow. What does this mean? Perhaps he had grown too complacent to care?

In any case, this story has much more than we have cared to appreciate. But History has to be rewritten in order to accommodate non-Eurocentric narratives, and the African perspective or version can only be investigated and written by us.

You are misleading, or you don't know. It was not the Kipsigis. Refer to your history notes properly. Let me give you a tip: which community gave the most beautiful girl as gift to Luanda Magere to marry?


At the moment you can see the source I citedsmile I am aware of a version about the Nandi and one about the Kipsigis.

But the main idea is how either the Kipsigis or Nandi knew about the 'Shadow'. Tell me about this shadow...
radiomast
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:52:37 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/15/2018
Posts: 340
tycho wrote:
The war between the Kipsigis (Msingi wa Kiswahili Darasa la 4smile ) and the Luo ended when one Luanda Magere had his shadow speared.

If the Kenyan Defence forces, or even the Americans ever accessed this technology then the al Shabaab would have already been defeated.

We know from the narrative that Luanda Magere did not protect his shadow. What does this mean? Perhaps he had grown too complacent to care?

In any case, this story has much more than we have cared to appreciate. But History has to be rewritten in order to accommodate non-Eurocentric narratives, and the African perspective or version can only be investigated and written by us.




Lakini Al Shabaab attacks KDF on moonless nights when there are no Shadows. How will they spear the shadow if they can't see it?

If there is any technology that would help fight Al Shabaab, it is that of Sakawa the famous seer from Abagusii. He could help foretell all attacks.
tycho
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:06:14 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,706
Location: Nairobi
Quote:

Lakini Al Shabaab attacks KDF on moonless nights when there are no Shadows. How will they spear the shadow if they can't see it?

If there is any technology that would help fight Al Shabaab, it is that of Sakawa the famous seer from Abagusii. He could help foretell all attacks.


I am sure the Abagusii seer can do more.

But in this case the 'shadow' or 'Sheuti' in ancient Khemet was a part of the structure of a person. It still is part of a human's structure.

Carl Jung mentions the 'shadow' but it is likely he was appropriating an aspect of it.

I suspect there is something we are not told in the narrative of Magere. The story may also involve the use if magick.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.