Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Aug 5, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3597]
Realities of Forex Investment [3923]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1236]
VituVingiSana's MIGHTY road to wealth. Take notes! [91]
Madness at the NSE [2310]
KenGen HY 2019 [557]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2198]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [397]
Alternative hypothesis:Only idiots make money on N... [45]
411 on dividend and AGM [906]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [243]
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018 [80]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [132]
Eye on I&,M ... [148]
Pertinent Question: Private Equity vs Public Equit... [5]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<6566676869>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
maka
#1321 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 4:19:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,341
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.



smile

Maybe we wait for that 150Bn roads bond they want to issue


The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.


Everyone thought it was a local IFB....Sad Sad Sad

Chasing lower/cheaper rates....


Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.



Trust me it can be done at a go... Have you seen the 5 and 10 year results? They have absorbed like 64Bn.....150Bn at a good rate will be gobbled up.... Primary auction then tap sale.... Simple.....
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1322 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 4:44:28 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 17
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.



smile

Maybe we wait for that 150Bn roads bond they want to issue


The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.


Everyone thought it was a local IFB....Sad Sad Sad

Chasing lower/cheaper rates....


Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.

As per the RFP by KRB to the transaction advisors and legal arrangers, it will be issued in tranches over a four (financial) year period starting 2019/2020
Angelica _ann
#1323 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:31:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,642
Esstiko wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.



smile

Maybe we wait for that 150Bn roads bond they want to issue


The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.


Everyone thought it was a local IFB....Sad Sad Sad

Chasing lower/cheaper rates....


Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.

As per the RFP by KRB to the transaction advisors and legal arrangers, it will be issued in tranches over a four (financial) year period starting 2019/2020


Kshs. 150B over 4 years is very small amount for 'locals', surely why all the shenanigans of arrangers. This government is totally lost.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#1324 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:13:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,341
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.



smile

Maybe we wait for that 150Bn roads bond they want to issue


The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.


Everyone thought it was a local IFB....Sad Sad Sad

Chasing lower/cheaper rates....


Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.

As per the RFP by KRB to the transaction advisors and legal arrangers, it will be issued in tranches over a four (financial) year period starting 2019/2020


Kshs. 150B over 4 years is very small amount for 'locals', surely why all the shenanigans of arrangers. This government is totally lost.



Must be sub 10%....
possunt quia posse videntur
MatataMingi
#1325 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:52:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 355
Location: Where everyone knows you
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.
Taurrus
#1326 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 5:55:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/25/2015
Posts: 826
Location: Kite
MatataMingi wrote:
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.

Real good news!Applause
tandich
#1327 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:39:23 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 178
MatataMingi wrote:
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.


Do you mind sharing the email text here?
Esstiko
#1328 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 7:21:02 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 17
Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.

Impunity
#1329 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:28:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,267
Location: Masada
Esstiko wrote:
Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.



Can one drop the application letter/form by email?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Taurrus
#1330 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:47:25 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/25/2015
Posts: 826
Location: Kite
Esstiko wrote:
Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.



Anyone already registered? is it linked to banking/Mpesa system?
Monk
#1331 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:19:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2009
Posts: 174
Has CBK started posting the 15% withholding Tax (WHT) on iTax? If not, and you declare interest earned from T/bills on your annual Income Tax return, how do you claim the WHT as a tax credit?
Taurrus
#1332 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:59:54 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/25/2015
Posts: 826
Location: Kite
Monk wrote:
Has CBK started posting the 15% withholding Tax (WHT) on iTax? If not, and you declare interest earned from T/bills on your annual Income Tax return, how do you claim the WHT as a tax credit?

Someone please help, need to know too.
Chaka
#1333 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:18:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,114
maka
#1334 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:46:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,341
Location: Nairobi
Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html




Good progress .... I will give it a try just as I did with G- Kuze by Genghis which is crap TBH... Let's see how this goes.
possunt quia posse videntur
Chaka
#1335 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:19:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,114
maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html




Good progress .... I will give it a try just as I did with G- Kuze by Genghis which is crap TBH... Let's see how this goes.


Do report back how it pans out..
maka
#1336 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:55:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,341
Location: Nairobi
Chaka wrote:
maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html




Good progress .... I will give it a try just as I did with G- Kuze by Genghis which is crap TBH... Let's see how this goes.


Do report back how it pans out..


Sawa... Asked them some question on Social media whoever is handling this is clueless. Zero.
possunt quia posse videntur
Aguytrying
#1337 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:29:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,032
Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html



What do the gurus prefer, invest directly with CBK or through this stanchart bank / app?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
amorphous
#1338 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:31:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 353
Location: planet earth
I registered for TMD
Very easy process. Do not waste your time printing and filling the form like I did. The real form is 3 pages long, not the single page they post online, so just go to CBK and fill it there. Does not take more than 10 minutes.
Within 3 hours I had received a text saying I'm registered.
Using their USSD I set my PIN and logged in.
Yes, you are able to see bonds and bills on offer.Have not traded any yet.
They send you nifty little alerts whenever each coupon payment hits your account (but as expected...the alerts come hours later in the evening, not realtime.) Those alerts only say bond FXD blah blah blah has paid a coupon to account with digits ending XYXZ.
You can also check your total portfolio balance.
And query a particular bond or bill you own.
Overall this is a wonderful service. CBK finally left the dark ages. Now they should link it to secondary trading eg I assume the SC service some of you are talking about above. You still need to go through an outside party to trade your bills or bonds.
Good luck to all.
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#1339 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:36:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 353
Location: planet earth
Taurrus wrote:
Monk wrote:
Has CBK started posting the 15% withholding Tax (WHT) on iTax? If not, and you declare interest earned from T/bills on your annual Income Tax return, how do you claim the WHT as a tax credit?

Someone please help, need to know too.


As with anything here dealing with KRA, it is hard to tell.
Technically the withholding tax is supposed to be a final tax. Especially if you are a non-resident.
My advice. Always get a TCC whether or not you file your bond income. That way you are covered each year if they lete nyoko nyoko.
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
Chaka
#1340 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:24:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,114
maka wrote:


Sawa... Asked them some question on Social media whoever is handling this is clueless. Zero.

What was the question( if you don't mind)?I could try get an answer via a pal working at Stanchart...
Users browsing this topic
Guest (23)
71 Pages«<6566676869>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.