Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Feb 23, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenGen HY 2019 [424]
Tesla stock [26]
Kenya Economy Watch [2485]
Madness at the NSE [2000]
Bamburi Cement 2019 [45]
Centum 2019/2020 [59]
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018 [52]
BAT FY19 [12]
LONGHORN HY 2019 [3]
Realities of Forex Investment [3845]
Carbacid Investments HY2020 [7]
Sanlam Kenya [5]
Eveready EA FY17 [79]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [236]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [41]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

125 Pages«<122123124125>
Kenya Economy Watch
Ericsson
#2461 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:31:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson
#2462 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2020 5:26:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson
#2463 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 12:07:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson
#2464 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 6:05:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann
#2465 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:49:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,187
Ericsson wrote:
https://twitter.com/Kenyafinomics/status/1227017314337464322


This will be paid, pesa iko!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
newfarer
#2466 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:18:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,410
Location: Uganda
newfarer
#2467 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:20:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,410
Location: Uganda
newfarer wrote:
https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/49636-popular-media-house-fires-all-staff-closes-down?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=MS&utm_campaign=EXCLUSIVE:+Mass+Firings+at+Popular+Radio+Station+Leaves+2+Presenters&fbclid=IwAR2lUUWFTLQdJli3QClIpVDtqtcOKKZ-8JpTP_fZmm8mM0e0HZ90_5vwsJs


BBI this BBI that the economy is crumbling.
punda amecheka
Angelica _ann
#2468 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:09:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,187
newfarer wrote:
newfarer wrote:
https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/49636-popular-media-house-fires-all-staff-closes-down?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=MS&utm_campaign=EXCLUSIVE:+Mass+Firings+at+Popular+Radio+Station+Leaves+2+Presenters&fbclid=IwAR2lUUWFTLQdJli3QClIpVDtqtcOKKZ-8JpTP_fZmm8mM0e0HZ90_5vwsJs


BBI this BBI that the economy is crumbling.


Don't blame BBI on matters economy, hiyo ni ya Jubilee and tuko pamoja gang. BBI kelele/manenos started around November last year.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#2469 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:14:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
newfarer wrote:
newfarer wrote:
https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/49636-popular-media-house-fires-all-staff-closes-down?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=MS&utm_campaign=EXCLUSIVE:+Mass+Firings+at+Popular+Radio+Station+Leaves+2+Presenters&fbclid=IwAR2lUUWFTLQdJli3QClIpVDtqtcOKKZ-8JpTP_fZmm8mM0e0HZ90_5vwsJs


BBI this BBI that the economy is crumbling.


Don't blame BBI on matters economy, hiyo ni ya Jubilee and tuko pamoja gang. BBI kelele/manenos started around November last year.

BBI is about expanded eating
VituVingiSana
#2470 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:23:58 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,716
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
newfarer wrote:
newfarer wrote:
https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/49636-popular-media-house-fires-all-staff-closes-down?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=MS&utm_campaign=EXCLUSIVE:+Mass+Firings+at+Popular+Radio+Station+Leaves+2+Presenters&fbclid=IwAR2lUUWFTLQdJli3QClIpVDtqtcOKKZ-8JpTP_fZmm8mM0e0HZ90_5vwsJs


BBI this BBI that the economy is crumbling.


Don't blame BBI on matters economy, hiyo ni ya Jubilee and tuko pamoja gang. BBI kelele/manenos started around November last year.

BBI is about expanded eating
For a select group. The rest of will be given bread, soda and water at Kasarani.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#2471 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:26:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,568
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson
#2472 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 6:18:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
murchr
#2473 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 8:38:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,214
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#2474 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 8:43:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil
murchr
#2475 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 9:24:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,214
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#2476 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 9:30:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?

Oil trading is normally on futures.
The current retail prices been set are based on the international oil prices in November 2019
murchr
#2477 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 10:59:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,214
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?

Oil trading is normally on futures.
The current retail prices been set are based on the international oil prices in November 2019


Wacha mchezo wewe, internationally prices at the pump are going down. We seem to be the ones on the inverse


"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#2478 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 4:45:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?

Oil trading is normally on futures.
The current retail prices been set are based on the international oil prices in November 2019


Wacha mchezo wewe, internationally prices at the pump are going down. We seem to be the ones on the inverse



@Murchr
Read my two statements again highlighted in blue.
Oil trading is on futures orders.The current pump prices are reflective of the price of brent crude in November.
Check the link below for the behaviour of oil prices in November 2019;
https://countryeconomy.c...erials/brent?dr=2019-11

The current international prices you are saying are going down will be reflected locally in pump prices in May 2020.
The lag is usually 90 days.
murchr
#2479 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 5:03:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,214
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?

Oil trading is normally on futures.
The current retail prices been set are based on the international oil prices in November 2019


Wacha mchezo wewe, internationally prices at the pump are going down. We seem to be the ones on the inverse



@Murchr
Read my two statements again highlighted in blue.
Oil trading is on futures orders.The current pump prices are reflective of the price of brent crude in November.
Check the link below for the behaviour of oil prices in November 2019;
https://countryeconomy.c...erials/brent?dr=2019-11

The current international prices you are saying are going down will be reflected locally in pump prices in May 2020.
The lag is usually 90 days.



Nov 2019 the price of oil was lower than the previous months but you are still paying more. Another thing the shilling has been strong since then.

According to your hypothesis when will Kenyans get releaved at the pump? Keep in mind the price difference in the last year has been about $10 and the $ to kes has been about the same ranges.

Can someone else help me understand this mazematic?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#2480 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:56:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,019
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why is the price of petrol going up yet the shilling is strong?

Kenya pipeline charges went up.
International price of oil



International oil prices are flat. The shilling is stronger against the dollar. So back to my question, why are Kenyans being forced to pay more at the pump?

Oil trading is normally on futures.
The current retail prices been set are based on the international oil prices in November 2019


Wacha mchezo wewe, internationally prices at the pump are going down. We seem to be the ones on the inverse



@Murchr
Read my two statements again highlighted in blue.
Oil trading is on futures orders.The current pump prices are reflective of the price of brent crude in November.
Check the link below for the behaviour of oil prices in November 2019;
https://countryeconomy.c...erials/brent?dr=2019-11

The current international prices you are saying are going down will be reflected locally in pump prices in May 2020.
The lag is usually 90 days.



Nov 2019 the price of oil was lower than the previous months but you are still paying more. Another thing the shilling has been strong since then.

According to your hypothesis when will Kenyans get releaved at the pump? Keep in mind the price difference in the last year has been about $10 and the $ to kes has been about the same ranges.

Can someone else help me understand this mazematic?

Refer to this too;
https://www.pd.co.ke/bus...-to-raise-tariff-24859/

Since January prices were lower,let's wait and see April
Users browsing this topic
Guest (5)
125 Pages«<122123124125>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.