Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Investors Lounge [5394]
KCB buy buy buy [1160]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14804]
Equity Bank 2020 [30]
411 on dividend and AGM [825]
Online NSE stock trading [115]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [97]
directional forecast [1947]
Why dustbowl is the future [441]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1201]
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financ... [337]
KenGen HY 2019 [483]
Brokarage fees. [19]
Stanlib Fahari FY18 [79]
Equity Bank 2019 [41]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

741 Pages«<715716717718719>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#14321 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:40:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,673
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
Allan confirmed.... Obiero post the memo.

Wait
www.winda.co.ke
obiero
#14322 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:01:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,673
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:
borderline genius ? taken with a large pinch of salt coming from a KQ addict like you

Research a little about the schooling of the man.. Not everything African is bad. Even Kibaki was a borderline genius going by his grades



schooling is mostly about exams..anyone well prepared can pass an exam. our african schools are about memorising correct answers to exam questions and regurgitating in the exam hall. let no fancy sounding schools fool you

This is the problem in Africa. We always try to bring down anyone who's doing better than us


'Doing better than us' How? Everybody is endowed differently in terms of gifts and talents...And I don't think Nguze and his predecessor Naikuni were gifted or talented in transforming KQ... They were just nepotism/cronyism appointees by the state. About schooling and qualifications, a number of Kenyans can outshine most crooks heading big corporations .
You can't tell us these crooks including your buddy Alex Mbugua are more educated than us Wazuans!


Well said. Just connections. He is the brother of a Royal family Bank CEO. Well connected to the Royal family and hence facilitate deals for the investment firm.

Naikuni was selected to the defunct RVR board to facilitate money laundering through SPVs. I mentioned it in this forum. Airtel board - gave them a contract while he was in KQ for some mobile services - @maka shed more light on what service Airtel was to offer KQ - you mentioned a while in here.

Royalty nothing! He worked for his accomplishments.. We can't all be CEOs.. Next we will state here that Allan the Jambojet CEO got hired erroneously by GE.. Let's just blog in peace and accept our status in life


@Obiero You have me baffled. I thought you are a man of the world who sometimes likes to play devils advocate. This time you sound naive...no offense.

@Monk naivety is the juice of kings, for no one knows everything

We welcome Allan the turnaround CEO
www.winda.co.ke
ArrestedDev
#14323 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:52:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 862
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
Allan confirmed.... Obiero post the memo.


Instituted any tangible changes since he started on the role or just to protect ‘our interests’?
VituVingiSana
#14324 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:09:24 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Allan confirmed.... Obiero post the memo.

Instituted any tangible changes since he started on the role or just to protect ‘our interests’?
Freebies ya Obiero? Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#14325 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 11:26:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,377
Location: NAIROBI
mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
42 billion in the air. I speak in code


Codes never work anymore! Shareholders are ripped off,you being one of them.


Watch and learn

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Approaching take off
737 MAX with MCAS! Laughing out loudly Applause

Wewe Wacha! Treasury has allocated the funds and release shall be in next few weeks

is the allocation meant for nationalization or just to stabilize operation?


Stabilize operation
Nationalization unless they buy out the minority shareholders and then defer payment for KQLC

42 Billion for stabilization? d'oh!
KQLC deserves to be paid off given they were coerced into the Debt:Equity exchange.. Wengine wapambane na hali wake.

I've heard of 5B that will be from government in form of convertible debt to support working capital. Not 42B.

Boom
and ksh.5bn it is
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=medium
VituVingiSana
#14326 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 12:15:39 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#14327 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 5:30:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,377
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.

Money is for;
Completing scheduled engine overhaul programme on E190 embraer fleet
Fund general working capital requirement
VituVingiSana
#14328 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 8:05:58 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.

Money is for;
Completing scheduled engine overhaul programme on E190 embraer fleet
Fund general working capital requirement
Yaani, those E190s aren't generating enough to pay for the engine overhauls? And the "general WC" requirement is as good as saying that it will be used to cover losses.

That 5bn loan will be "converted" in equity in a negative equity firm. Taxpayers are being hosed down.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#14329 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 11:08:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,673
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.

Money is for;
Completing scheduled engine overhaul programme on E190 embraer fleet
Fund general working capital requirement
Yaani, those E190s aren't generating enough to pay for the engine overhauls? And the "general WC" requirement is as good as saying that it will be used to cover losses.

That 5bn loan will be "converted" in equity in a negative equity firm. Taxpayers are being hosed down.

Exercise caution in dealing with KQ shares
www.winda.co.ke
VituVingiSana
#14330 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 11:36:24 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.

Money is for;
Completing scheduled engine overhaul programme on E190 embraer fleet
Fund general working capital requirement
Yaani, those E190s aren't generating enough to pay for the engine overhauls? And the "general WC" requirement is as good as saying that it will be used to cover losses.

That 5bn loan will be "converted" in equity in a negative equity firm. Taxpayers are being hosed down.

Exercise caution in dealing with KQ shares
You should help out KQ by lending it lots of money Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#14331 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:17:58 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,712
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What the heck?
Another 5bn?
Waste of money.

Money is for;
Completing scheduled engine overhaul programme on E190 embraer fleet
Fund general working capital requirement
Yaani, those E190s aren't generating enough to pay for the engine overhauls? And the "general WC" requirement is as good as saying that it will be used to cover losses.

That 5bn loan will be "converted" in equity in a negative equity firm. Taxpayers are being hosed down.

Exercise caution in dealing with KQ shares
You should help out KQ by lending it lots of money Laughing out loudly


Bottomless pit Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
passiveinvestor
#14332 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:52:04 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/8/2006
Posts: 103
Ebenyo wrote:
Going by KQ latest audited numbers I wonder how Gok will pay shareholders kshs 8 per share.

KQ assets-kshs 136,634,000,000

kq debts-kshs 139,127,000,000

kq shareholders funds-kshs (2,493,000,000)

This means every KQ shareholder is holding a worthless share worth kshs -0.4
Even the current market price of kshs 2 is indeed a premium.

So how does Gok buy a company worth negative 0.4 per share for kshs 8 per share? or which metrics will be used?
Gok will have to fork out kshs 45 billion to buy kq shareholders at kshs 8 per share.This will be a huge generous offe

Thanks for asking a basic question that no-one has been able to answer. With the new KES5Bn injection approved on Friday, 28th Feb and a weekend of silence, so no chance to trade, Shareholders will be wiped out on Monday. Especially if it convertible debt with a strike price.
KQ is now a govt. parastatal.
Ericsson
#14333 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:28:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,377
Location: NAIROBI
passiveinvestor wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Going by KQ latest audited numbers I wonder how Gok will pay shareholders kshs 8 per share.

KQ assets-kshs 136,634,000,000

kq debts-kshs 139,127,000,000

kq shareholders funds-kshs (2,493,000,000)

This means every KQ shareholder is holding a worthless share worth kshs -0.4
Even the current market price of kshs 2 is indeed a premium.

So how does Gok buy a company worth negative 0.4 per share for kshs 8 per share? or which metrics will be used?
Gok will have to fork out kshs 45 billion to buy kq shareholders at kshs 8 per share.This will be a huge generous offe

Thanks for asking a basic question that no-one has been able to answer. With the new KES5Bn injection approved on Friday, 28th Feb and a weekend of silence, so no chance to trade, Shareholders will be wiped out on Monday. Especially if it convertible debt with a strike price.
KQ is now a govt. parastatal.

@Obiero say something as concerning the above
passiveinvestor
#14334 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:53:09 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/8/2006
Posts: 103
the deal wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Nationalization to kick off on December 20th



Source?

Citizen news yesterday


https://www.businessdail...49562-5wj445/index.html

The Treasury has announced plans to buy out Air France-KLM, local banks and more than 80, 000 individual shareholders from Kenya Airways and delist the national carrier from the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)

Transport Principal Secretary Esther Koimett told Parliament on Thursday that the buyout plan comes after the House voted in July to nationalise Kenya Airways to save it from mounting debts.

The Transport ministry is working with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to hire a technical expert to conduct a fresh valuation and buying price.


Good news...hope this expert remembers us...
@the Deal, these "experts'" mandate is to do their employer's bidding. If they are hired by the Government, their job is to do whatever it takes to facilitate:
1. The goal of implementing State Control
2. The goal of keeping planes in the air
Neither of this has ANYTHING to do with Shareholders.
- Debt holders can attach planes, cut off fuel supplies, etc
- Employees can strike
- One class of employees, Pilots, can cripple an airline instantly via wildcat strikes.
- Shareholders can complain on message boards and run to court. (They can't ask the courts to stop flights, or fire management without further destroying the company)
Shareholders are now irrelevant from a stakeholder perspective.
Not critiquing anyone who holds the shares (and I don't). Just placing things in sharp relief.



VituVingiSana
#14335 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 11:30:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
passiveinvestor wrote:
the deal wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Nationalization to kick off on December 20th



Source?

Citizen news yesterday


https://www.businessdail...49562-5wj445/index.html

The Treasury has announced plans to buy out Air France-KLM, local banks and more than 80, 000 individual shareholders from Kenya Airways and delist the national carrier from the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)

Transport Principal Secretary Esther Koimett told Parliament on Thursday that the buyout plan comes after the House voted in July to nationalise Kenya Airways to save it from mounting debts.

The Transport ministry is working with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to hire a technical expert to conduct a fresh valuation and buying price.


Good news...hope this expert remembers us...
@the Deal, these "experts'" mandate is to do their employer's bidding. If they are hired by the Government, their job is to do whatever it takes to facilitate:
1. The goal of implementing State Control
2. The goal of keeping planes in the air
Neither of this has ANYTHING to do with Shareholders.
- Debt holders can attach planes, cut off fuel supplies, etc
- Employees can strike
- One class of employees, Pilots, can cripple an airline instantly via wildcat strikes.
- Shareholders can complain on message boards and run to court. (They can't ask the courts to stop flights, or fire management without further destroying the company)
Shareholders are now irrelevant from a stakeholder perspective.
Not critiquing anyone who holds the shares (and I don't). Just placing things in sharp relief.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#14336 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:59:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,673
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
passiveinvestor wrote:
the deal wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Nationalization to kick off on December 20th



Source?

Citizen news yesterday


https://www.businessdail...49562-5wj445/index.html

The Treasury has announced plans to buy out Air France-KLM, local banks and more than 80, 000 individual shareholders from Kenya Airways and delist the national carrier from the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)

Transport Principal Secretary Esther Koimett told Parliament on Thursday that the buyout plan comes after the House voted in July to nationalise Kenya Airways to save it from mounting debts.

The Transport ministry is working with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to hire a technical expert to conduct a fresh valuation and buying price.


Good news...hope this expert remembers us...
@the Deal, these "experts'" mandate is to do their employer's bidding. If they are hired by the Government, their job is to do whatever it takes to facilitate:
1. The goal of implementing State Control
2. The goal of keeping planes in the air
Neither of this has ANYTHING to do with Shareholders.
- Debt holders can attach planes, cut off fuel supplies, etc
- Employees can strike
- One class of employees, Pilots, can cripple an airline instantly via wildcat strikes.
- Shareholders can complain on message boards and run to court. (They can't ask the courts to stop flights, or fire management without further destroying the company)
Shareholders are now irrelevant from a stakeholder perspective.
Not critiquing anyone who holds the shares (and I don't). Just placing things in sharp relief.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

80,000 shareholders may not be as irrelevant as imagined
www.winda.co.ke
VituVingiSana
#14337 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 10:16:02 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
passiveinvestor wrote:
the deal wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Nationalization to kick off on December 20th



Source?

Citizen news yesterday


https://www.businessdail...49562-5wj445/index.html

The Treasury has announced plans to buy out Air France-KLM, local banks and more than 80, 000 individual shareholders from Kenya Airways and delist the national carrier from the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)

Transport Principal Secretary Esther Koimett told Parliament on Thursday that the buyout plan comes after the House voted in July to nationalise Kenya Airways to save it from mounting debts.

The Transport ministry is working with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to hire a technical expert to conduct a fresh valuation and buying price.


Good news...hope this expert remembers us...
@the Deal, these "experts'" mandate is to do their employer's bidding. If they are hired by the Government, their job is to do whatever it takes to facilitate:
1. The goal of implementing State Control
2. The goal of keeping planes in the air
Neither of this has ANYTHING to do with Shareholders.
- Debt holders can attach planes, cut off fuel supplies, etc
- Employees can strike
- One class of employees, Pilots, can cripple an airline instantly via wildcat strikes.
- Shareholders can complain on message boards and run to court. (They can't ask the courts to stop flights, or fire management without further destroying the company)
Shareholders are now irrelevant from a stakeholder perspective.
Not critiquing anyone who holds the shares (and I don't). Just placing things in sharp relief.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

80,000 shareholders may not be as irrelevant as imagined
The % of shareholding aka votes counts. Kelele ya chura does not.

BUT we will "Watch and Learn" Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#14338 Posted : Sunday, March 01, 2020 11:56:51 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,965
Location: Nairobi
https://www.businessdail...474460-lahnbm/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
nairobby
#14339 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2020 9:04:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/18/2019
Posts: 175
Location: kenya
passiveinvestor wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Going by KQ latest audited numbers I wonder how Gok will pay shareholders kshs 8 per share.

KQ assets-kshs 136,634,000,000

kq debts-kshs 139,127,000,000

kq shareholders funds-kshs (2,493,000,000)

This means every KQ shareholder is holding a worthless share worth kshs -0.4
Even the current market price of kshs 2 is indeed a premium.

So how does Gok buy a company worth negative 0.4 per share for kshs 8 per share? or which metrics will be used?
Gok will have to fork out kshs 45 billion to buy kq shareholders at kshs 8 per share.This will be a huge generous offe

Thanks for asking a basic question that no-one has been able to answer. With the new KES5Bn injection approved on Friday, 28th Feb and a weekend of silence, so no chance to trade, Shareholders will be wiped out on Monday. Especially if it convertible debt with a strike price.
KQ is now a govt. parastatal.


If the banks are getting bought out at 8.25 there's a chance @obiero and his mates will also be bought out at the same price since all shares rank pari passu.

Wouldn't it be complicated to buy out different shareholders with the same class of shares at different price points?

This is a gamble of a lifetime however, we'll be here to monitor some people's blood pressure Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
nairobby
#14340 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2020 9:07:47 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/18/2019
Posts: 175
Location: kenya
passiveinvestor wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Going by KQ latest audited numbers I wonder how Gok will pay shareholders kshs 8 per share.

KQ assets-kshs 136,634,000,000

kq debts-kshs 139,127,000,000

kq shareholders funds-kshs (2,493,000,000)

This means every KQ shareholder is holding a worthless share worth kshs -0.4
Even the current market price of kshs 2 is indeed a premium.

So how does Gok buy a company worth negative 0.4 per share for kshs 8 per share? or which metrics will be used?
Gok will have to fork out kshs 45 billion to buy kq shareholders at kshs 8 per share.This will be a huge generous offe

Thanks for asking a basic question that no-one has been able to answer. With the new KES5Bn injection approved on Friday, 28th Feb and a weekend of silence, so no chance to trade, Shareholders will be wiped out on Monday. Especially if it convertible debt with a strike price.
KQ is now a govt. parastatal.


If the banks are getting bought out at 8.25 there's a chance @obiero and his mates will also be bought out at the same price since all shares rank pari passu.

Wouldn't it be complicated to buy out different shareholders with the same class of shares at different price points?

This is a gamble of a lifetime however, we'll be here to monitor some people's blood pressure Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
741 Pages«<715716717718719>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.