Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020
Investor
Weโ€™re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Centum 2019/2020 [107]
Umeme shareholders [2]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14452]
First World Markets Shenanigans [131]
Madness at the NSE [2225]
411 on dividend and AGM [780]
Actionable Intelligence [7]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2138]
East African Cables [55]
Thoughts on TPS Serena [131]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [453]
Building an apartment complex. Too good to be true... [32]
Flame Tree Group 2019 [27]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3371]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2824]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<8910
Bear 2015 Wish List
sparkly
#181 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 9:29:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,660
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FLAME TREE, time to buy is now smile


A question to @Aguy, @VVS and @Angelica_ann....why flame tree? What are you seeing that i am not seeing? d'oh!

I see value. Not an easy path for FTGH to follow.
Relatively low PER and high PB. I am waiting for 1H results.


Odds of making a fortune by buying into newly listed micro Caps are firmly stacked against the minority shareholder.

Speaking from experience in Access Kenya, Olympia, Eveready.

@vvs i see you were bitten but not yet shy.
Life is short. Live passionately.
ARAP CHARLES
#182 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:22:40 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/30/2016
Posts: 217
Location: Talai
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85


Applause Applause Applause YOU WISH LIST IS SIMPLY SECOND TO NONE. ALMOST 100% ACHIEVED NA BADO!! PROPHET Aguytrying Na hii story Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall BADO! IT IS EXACTLY 1YEAR 21 DAYS.. WHEN YOU NAILED THIS!
Watch and Listen and Live
murchr
#183 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:29:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,331
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85


Applause Applause Applause YOU WISH LIST IS SIMPLY SECOND TO NONE. ALMOST 100% ACHIEVED NA BADO!! PROPHET Aguytrying Na hii story Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall BADO! IT IS EXACTLY 1YEAR 21 DAYS.. WHEN YOU NAILED THIS!


Thing is he will still not buy, but revise them downwards
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Aguytrying
#184 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:35:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
murchr wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85


Applause Applause Applause YOU WISH LIST IS SIMPLY SECOND TO NONE. ALMOST 100% ACHIEVED NA BADO!! PROPHET Aguytrying Na hii story Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall BADO! IT IS EXACTLY 1YEAR 21 DAYS.. WHEN YOU NAILED THIS!


Thing is he will still not buy, but revise them downwards


Haha. Everything has changed with this interest rate cap. But for non financials it's game on.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Aguytrying
#185 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 10:58:56 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
I think we need a new thread.

"interest rate cap wishlist" ๐Ÿ˜ lol
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Fyatu
#186 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:32:04 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,705
Location: Nakuru
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Aguytrying
#187 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:52:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
Fyatu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85



Spoilt for choice now so many good stocks in range. Actively buying this whole year.

Nation, is in range I didn't think that one would reach that price. Dtb thanks to rate cap
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#188 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:14:17 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,660
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Aguytrying wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7

EQUITY 4.63 25-33
KCB 5.63 30-40
NIC 7.07 38-49
NSE 2.13 12-15
DTB 21.92 120-154
HFCK 2.75 15-20

JUBILEE 48 264-340
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE)
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely)
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE)
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE)
ARM 3.01 30-45
BAT 42.55 300-450
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7
BOC 11.76 65-85



Spoilt for choice now so many good stocks in range. Actively buying this whole year.

Nation, is in range I didn't think that one would reach that price. Dtb thanks to rate cap


Some of the prices are just too good to be true
Life is short. Live passionately.
lochaz-index
#189 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:48:55 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,092
sparkly wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
sparkly wrote:
moneydust wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Afroblk wrote:
I'm loving the bear...but it's not gonna last long...and so...one of my bond matured and here's how I'm re-investing the proceeds and take advantage of the bear starting tomorrow until I get all shares as planned, hopefully by 15 Oct. I'll be adding three new counters to my portfolio i.e. Centum, ARM and HFCK. I already have significant KQ and Britam but will be adding some more to average down.

Entry point (9/29/15-10/15/15)

KQ-18,000 @5.5
Britam-8,800 @17
HFCK-6,500 @23
ARM-6000 @42
Centum-5,700 @52

My target exit point is on or around 15 Sep 16 (1 yr from today) and targeting the following returns;

KQ-@9.00
Britam-@36
HFCK-@55
ARM-@92
Centum-@85

As you can see, if all plays and goes well of which I think most companies will do well 1&2 Qtrs then I'm looking at aprx 100% return in profits (Ksh0.9M) calculation based on ex div. I've factored in 100k in est broker fees.

I'll revisit this thread in Aug-Sep 2016 when I'm offloading.

Good Luck!


I sincerely hope you have aligned your investment strategy to your risk appetite.

Exit prices of Britam,HFCK,ARM and Centum appear grossly optimistic within a one year time frame and given the current market mood.



Me thinks so too. We need at least 3 years before the current market mood returns.


I finally managed to complete my buys for the year, now waiting for harvesting time! Good luck amigos!



Now as then, I think your newly acquired portfolio is going to get decimated. Notice the -% change in prices since the first time you posted your target entry prices. If you can take a hit/shaving-high risk appetite-of about 50%, then by all means carry on. However, if you are easily frazzled by losses reconsider...the next one year might be very nasty.


A very aggressive portfolio IMO esp with shares that do not pay a dividend. Positive gains in Centum, HF, KK might be weighed down by ARM, KQ, Longhorn resulting in a Zero-sum gain.

One year later, Mr. market says:
KQ @6
Britam @10
HF @11
ARM @24
Centum @36
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Fyatu
#190 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:32:11 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,705
Location: Nakuru
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Aguytrying
#191 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:15:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
Fyatu wrote:
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce


Buy buy buy. A defining moment for stocks investors
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
beesknees
#192 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 12:59:05 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 12/27/2013
Posts: 7
Location: Nairobi
Aguytrying wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce


Buy buy buy. A defining moment for stocks investors


@Aguytrying, do you believe the market has bottomed out or do you expect further downtrend?
Aguytrying
#193 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 2:18:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,031
beesknees wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce


Buy buy buy. A defining moment for stocks investors


@Aguytrying, do you believe the market has bottomed out or do you expect further downtrend?


Been away for some time.

The whole point of this was to avoid guess work on bottoming or not bottoming out!

The list helped me buy so many shares cheaply. I hope it helped others. Avoid bottom fishing is the message. put your eyes on value ONLY.

I note that pan africa, FTGH and nation is still in range for would be buyers.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mamilli
#194 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 10:25:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/6/2015
Posts: 219
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FLAME TREE, time to buy is now smile


A question to @Aguy, @VVS and @Angelica_ann....why flame tree? What are you seeing that i am not seeing? d'oh!

I see value. Not an easy path for FTGH to follow.
Relatively low PER and high PB. I am waiting for 1H results.


Odds of making a fortune by buying into newly listed micro Caps are firmly stacked against the minority shareholder.

Speaking from experience in Access Kenya, Olympia, Eveready.

@vvs i see you were bitten but not yet shy.


@sparkly,do you still hold the same view or FTGH could be an outlier here?
Stacking sats....
obiero
#195 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:14:42 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,509
Location: nairobi
mamilli wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FLAME TREE, time to buy is now smile


A question to @Aguy, @VVS and @Angelica_ann....why flame tree? What are you seeing that i am not seeing? d'oh!

I see value. Not an easy path for FTGH to follow.
Relatively low PER and high PB. I am waiting for 1H results.


Odds of making a fortune by buying into newly listed micro Caps are firmly stacked against the minority shareholder.

Speaking from experience in Access Kenya, Olympia, Eveready.

@vvs i see you were bitten but not yet shy.


@sparkly,do you still hold the same view or FTGH could be an outlier here?

A good company but takataka stock similar to City Trust in its former state.. Only the majority owners really know what direction to take the stock.. Others will be observers
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
mamilli
#196 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:34:32 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/6/2015
Posts: 219
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
mamilli wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FLAME TREE, time to buy is now smile


A question to @Aguy, @VVS and @Angelica_ann....why flame tree? What are you seeing that i am not seeing? d'oh!

I see value. Not an easy path for FTGH to follow.
Relatively low PER and high PB. I am waiting for 1H results.


Odds of making a fortune by buying into newly listed micro Caps are firmly stacked against the minority shareholder.

Speaking from experience in Access Kenya, Olympia, Eveready.

@vvs i see you were bitten but not yet shy.


@sparkly,do you still hold the same view or FTGH could be an outlier here?

A good company but takataka stock similar to City Trust in its former state.. Only the majority owners really know what direction to take the stock.. Others will be observers


Roger that elder.
Stacking sats....
VituVingiSana
#197 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:52:54 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,883
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
mamilli wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FLAME TREE, time to buy is now smile


A question to @Aguy, @VVS and @Angelica_ann....why flame tree? What are you seeing that i am not seeing? d'oh!

I see value. Not an easy path for FTGH to follow.
Relatively low PER and high PB. I am waiting for 1H results.


Odds of making a fortune by buying into newly listed micro Caps are firmly stacked against the minority shareholder.

Speaking from experience in Access Kenya, Olympia, Eveready.

@vvs i see you were bitten but not yet shy.


@sparkly,do you still hold the same view or FTGH could be an outlier here?

A good company but takataka stock similar to City Trust in its former state.. Only the majority owners really know what direction to take the stock.. Others will be observers

I am NOT comparing FTGH to City Trust since CT was merely holding firm for I&M shares. Those who saw the light did well since buying CT was like buying (unlisted) I&M shares at a discount.

FTGH is not Centum or Berkshire but is starting to pick up disparate firms in different sectors. Will it work? [I am conflicted but I do own some shares though it is NOT a core investment for me.]
A strategy could be similar to Centum/Berkshire which involves buying BUSINESSES that can grow without the need for intense managerial input from FTGH.

FTGH had a "food division" which acquired Chirag Foods. There are probably issues regarding Nakumatt & Uchumi just like many other manufacturers.
Beauty Division: There was an existing line [Zoe] but acquiring Suzie means going upmarket. I plan to visit one of the in-mall shops. I think there's one at Two Rivers.
Plastic Tanks: The original business. Commoditized but needed as Kenya develops.
Polyplay: Seems similar to the tanks business as far as manufacturing is concerned BUT very different in concept and marketing.

Can FTGH restructure, nurture, grow and then sell these businesses [like Centum] or convert them into cash-cows [like Berkshire]?

Any investor in this firm has to watch it carefully. It may pay off BUT manufacturing is a TOUGH business in Kenya.

Warren Buffett - โ€œI try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.โ€
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mamilli
#198 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:35:45 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/6/2015
Posts: 219
Location: Nairobi
Aguytrying wrote:
beesknees wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce


Buy buy buy. A defining moment for stocks investors


@Aguytrying, do you believe the market has bottomed out or do you expect further downtrend?


Been away for some time.

The whole point of this was to avoid guess work on bottoming or not bottoming out!

The list helped me buy so many shares cheaply. I hope it helped others. Avoid bottom fishing is the message. put your eyes on value ONLY.

I note that pan africa, FTGH and nation is still in range for would be buyers.


Well,a clarion call was made,few heeded.Only 20% of the of the above counters overshot the lower end of the range.However its still not too late.
Stacking sats....
sparkly
#199 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 4:56:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,660
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
mamilli wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
beesknees wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 MARCH 16 2017 prices

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 27.75
KCB 5.63 30-40 29.25
NIC 7.07 38-49 22.75
NSE 2.13 12-15 11.20
DTB 21.92 120-154 107
HFCK 2.75 15-20 11.40

JUBILEE 48 264-340 485
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 27.75

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 17.55
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 85
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS)

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 147
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 12.85
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 218
ARM 3.01 30-45 19.20
BAT 42.55 300-450 858.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 42.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 4.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 81.00
DEACONS 3.85



............but money is scarce


Buy buy buy. A defining moment for stocks investors


@Aguytrying, do you believe the market has bottomed out or do you expect further downtrend?


Been away for some time.

The whole point of this was to avoid guess work on bottoming or not bottoming out!

The list helped me buy so many shares cheaply. I hope it helped others. Avoid bottom fishing is the message. put your eyes on value ONLY.

I note that pan africa, FTGH and nation is still in range for would be buyers.


Well,a clarion call was made,few heeded.Only 20% of the of the above counters overshot the lower end of the range.However its still not too late.


Those were the prices in Year 2 BC (Before Corona). Kwa ground vitu ni moto Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
10 Pages«<8910
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.