Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Centum 2019/2020 [107]
Umeme shareholders [2]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14452]
First World Markets Shenanigans [131]
Madness at the NSE [2225]
411 on dividend and AGM [780]
Actionable Intelligence [7]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2138]
East African Cables [55]
Thoughts on TPS Serena [131]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [453]
Building an apartment complex. Too good to be true... [32]
Flame Tree Group 2019 [27]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3371]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2824]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

268 Pages«<266267268
Investors Lounge
slick
#5341 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 11:06:30 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/1/2017
Posts: 175
[quote=lochaz-index]Shocking data from China. Global recession full steam ahead. Survivors will be few and far in between.
Quote:
Chinese Retail Sales crashed 20.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop on record and four times worse than the -4.0% expectation

Chinese Industrial Production collapsed 13.5% YTD YOY - the first annual drop on record and more than four times worse than the -3.0% expectation

Fixed Asset Investment plunged 24.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop and more than twelve times worse than the expected 2.% contraction.

And to go with those stunning numbers, Property Investment puked 16.3% YTD YoY and the Surveyed Jobless Rate exploded to a record 6.2%.

https://www.zerohedge.co...massively-more-expected[/quote]

Its obvious that Chinese economic numbers are far worse than they advertise.They always cook numbers like GDP,employment,inflation,Covid-19 infection and death rates etc.Not that Western countries dont do the same.US also notorious in this regard.If a guy has 3 part time jobs ie. a nurse during morning hours,a waiter during afternoon hours,bar tender in evening hours the US Bureau of Labour Statistics counts that as 3 jobs.If you have not been looking for a job for 6 months,they dont count you as unemployed.With such shenanigans,they can claim unemployment rate is less than 4%.For inflation,they dont count food,fuel and rent as part of the inflation bread basket in the Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) thus can brag that inflation is just about 2% (while in reality inflation is over 5% if you include food and energy).Even corrupt Kenya has food and fuel in its inflation basket.Such "Low" inflation figures gives the Fed cover to lower rates and print more money claiming there is no inflation.US GDP growth is normally between 2-2.5% Year over Year but US deficits are about 4-5% YoY so practically all US growth is debt financed mostly by Fed money printing.US debt grows faster than GDP hence the debt to GDP ratio of 105%.Total nonsense.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
lochaz-index
#5342 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:38:30 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,092
lochaz-index wrote:
Shocking data from China. Global recession full steam ahead. Survivors will be few and far in between.
Quote:
Chinese Retail Sales crashed 20.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop on record and four times worse than the -4.0% expectation

Chinese Industrial Production collapsed 13.5% YTD YOY - the first annual drop on record and more than four times worse than the -3.0% expectation

Fixed Asset Investment plunged 24.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop and more than twelve times worse than the expected 2.% contraction.

And to go with those stunning numbers, Property Investment puked 16.3% YTD YoY and the Surveyed Jobless Rate exploded to a record 6.2%.

https://www.zerohedge.co...massively-more-expected


Quote:
We are downgrading our forecast for China’s 2020 growth. Our previous forecast for the year was growth at 5.2%. Our new forecast is 1.4%. That includes a 11% contraction in the first quater.”

Quote:
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley economists joined the rush on Wall Street to declare that the coronavirus has triggered a global recession, with the debate now focusing on its likely length and depth.

A day after President Donald Trump conceded the U.S. slump alone is set to be “a bad one,” economists threw away their forecasts that the world could avoid tumbling into recession for the first time since the financial crisis.

https://www.bloomberg.co...ase-case?srnd=markets-vp
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mnandii
#5343 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:07:35 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
DJIA


Expecting a surprising relief rally in the DOW soon. Target 22,000 to 23,000. It should be fully erased thereafter.

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#5344 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:11:24 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
lochaz-index wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Shocking data from China. Global recession full steam ahead. Survivors will be few and far in between.
Quote:
Chinese Retail Sales crashed 20.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop on record and four times worse than the -4.0% expectation

Chinese Industrial Production collapsed 13.5% YTD YOY - the first annual drop on record and more than four times worse than the -3.0% expectation

Fixed Asset Investment plunged 24.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop and more than twelve times worse than the expected 2.% contraction.

And to go with those stunning numbers, Property Investment puked 16.3% YTD YoY and the Surveyed Jobless Rate exploded to a record 6.2%.

https://www.zerohedge.co...massively-more-expected


Quote:
We are downgrading our forecast for China’s 2020 growth. Our previous forecast for the year was growth at 5.2%. Our new forecast is 1.4%. That includes a 11% contraction in the first quater.”

Quote:
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley economists joined the rush on Wall Street to declare that the coronavirus has triggered a global recession, with the debate now focusing on its likely length and depth.

A day after President Donald Trump conceded the U.S. slump alone is set to be “a bad one,” economists threw away their forecasts that the world could avoid tumbling into recession for the first time since the financial crisis.

https://www.bloomberg.co...se-case?srnd=markets-vp


China is going to surprise these fundamentalists. China has bottomed. The corvid virus outbreak is a perfect socionomic indication that the worst is past. Same with Hong Kong. The riots signalled a bottom in their markets. Expect rallies in their markets ahead
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
lochaz-index
#5345 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:48:07 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,092
mnandii wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Shocking data from China. Global recession full steam ahead. Survivors will be few and far in between.
Quote:
Chinese Retail Sales crashed 20.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop on record and four times worse than the -4.0% expectation

Chinese Industrial Production collapsed 13.5% YTD YOY - the first annual drop on record and more than four times worse than the -3.0% expectation

Fixed Asset Investment plunged 24.5% YTD YoY - the first annual drop and more than twelve times worse than the expected 2.% contraction.

And to go with those stunning numbers, Property Investment puked 16.3% YTD YoY and the Surveyed Jobless Rate exploded to a record 6.2%.

https://www.zerohedge.co...massively-more-expected


Quote:
We are downgrading our forecast for China’s 2020 growth. Our previous forecast for the year was growth at 5.2%. Our new forecast is 1.4%. That includes a 11% contraction in the first quater.”

Quote:
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley economists joined the rush on Wall Street to declare that the coronavirus has triggered a global recession, with the debate now focusing on its likely length and depth.

A day after President Donald Trump conceded the U.S. slump alone is set to be “a bad one,” economists threw away their forecasts that the world could avoid tumbling into recession for the first time since the financial crisis.

https://www.bloomberg.co...se-case?srnd=markets-vp


China is going to surprise these fundamentalists. China has bottomed. The corvid virus outbreak is a perfect socionomic indication that the worst is past. Same with Hong Kong. The riots signalled a bottom in their markets. Expect rallies in their markets ahead

Agreed. Currently scouting for positions there.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mnandii
#5346 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:01:30 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
mnandii wrote:
DJIA


Expecting a surprising relief rally in the DOW soon. Target 22,000 to 23,000. It should be fully erased thereafter.


Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#5347 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:04:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
mnandii wrote:
DJIA


Expecting a surprising relief rally in the DOW soon. Target 22,000 to 23,000. It should be fully erased thereafter.


Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#5348 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:06:34 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964


Fundamentalists are late to the party, as always. I posted on a bull run to the DOW on Sunday, we now have our rally which is likely completing before the DOW resumes its downward trajectory to levels below 18,000. Fundies are claiming the rally is as a result of the agreed fiscal stimulus! Alas! After, the rally...
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
VituVingiSana
#5349 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:45:57 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,883
Location: Nairobi
mnandii wrote:


Fundamentalists are late to the party, as always. I posted on a bull run to the DOW on Sunday, we now have our rally which is likely completing before the DOW resumes its downward trajectory to levels below 18,000. Fundies are claiming the rally is as a result of the agreed fiscal stimulus! Alas! After, the rally...

I do not know where you get your definition of fundamentalists Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Lakini, it is all good. smile

The mantra I like is “Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” by Warren Buffett
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mnandii
#5350 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 8:13:04 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
VituVingiSana wrote:
mnandii wrote:


Fundamentalists are late to the party, as always. I posted on a bull run to the DOW on Sunday, we now have our rally which is likely completing before the DOW resumes its downward trajectory to levels below 18,000. Fundies are claiming the rally is as a result of the agreed fiscal stimulus! Alas! After, the rally...

I do not know where you get your definition of fundamentalists Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Lakini, it is all good. smile

The mantra I like is “Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” by Warren Buffett

smile
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#5351 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 8:16:58 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2006
Posts: 1,964
They are confused. Can't tell whether DOW is back to bull market or not.

Next week they'll be fully on the bullmarket badwagon.

Quote:
The Dow’s 21% surge in 3 days puts it back in a bull market — here’s why the coronavirus crisis makes it feel utterly bearish

The bull market is dead, long live the bull market.

By some accounts, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +6.37% just entered a new bull-market phase, killing the 11-day-old bear market. To some market participants that notion may, indeed, feel like a lot of bull.

It may be somewhat disingenuous to refer to the recent moves of a frenetic market as genuinely bullish, coming after the carnage that has been wrought at least partly by the coronavirus outbreak that appears certain to ravage the U.S. economy over the next several weeks and months — at least temporarily.




Marketwatch Article
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
268 Pages«<266267268
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.