Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Town house vs Plot [1]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1203]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14831]
Ruaka, apartment for sale [6]
411 on dividend and AGM [834]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3490]
Why dustbowl is the future [445]
kahawa sukari or membley? [35]
Realities of Forex Investment [3876]
Banque de Kigali [469]
First World Markets Shenanigans [207]
Rate Kingdom Securities [74]
Eye on I&,M ... [138]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2186]
Kenya Economy Watch [2521]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

70 Pages«<686970
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Ebenyo
#1381 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:07:12 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,816
Location: Kitale
amorphous wrote:
AndyC wrote:
amorphous wrote:
cbk wamechelewo leo? No interest payment yet and 5pm is fast approaching! Anyone received theirs already today?


Received mines few minutes to 1800hrs.


Received my at 9.10pm which means it must be a bank issue not an issue with CBK as RTGS does not operate that late aama? I bank with SC. What a relief, I thought CBK was about to default on its domestic debt Laughing out loudly



They will never default.Unless the country goes into civil war or we are attacked by strong army like USA.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
amorphous
#1382 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:04:33 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 102
Location: planet earth
Ebenyo wrote:
amorphous wrote:
AndyC wrote:
amorphous wrote:
cbk wamechelewo leo? No interest payment yet and 5pm is fast approaching! Anyone received theirs already today?


Received mines few minutes to 1800hrs.


Received my at 9.10pm which means it must be a bank issue not an issue with CBK as RTGS does not operate that late aama? I bank with SC. What a relief, I thought CBK was about to default on its domestic debt Laughing out loudly



They will never default.Unless the country goes into civil war or we are attacked by strong army like USA.


Let's hope so brother. With covid you just never know. I'm pretty sure either Lamu Port or Msa port will go to China in the coming couple of years and GOK will of course blame it on covid. How do you give tax cuts to everybody, cause mass unemployment and then expect to pay those commercial loans to China. Uphill task if you ask me.
winmak
#1383 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:10:07 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 492
Location: Nakuru
amorphous wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
amorphous wrote:
AndyC wrote:
amorphous wrote:
cbk wamechelewo leo? No interest payment yet and 5pm is fast approaching! Anyone received theirs already today?


Received mines few minutes to 1800hrs.


Received my at 9.10pm which means it must be a bank issue not an issue with CBK as RTGS does not operate that late aama? I bank with SC. What a relief, I thought CBK was about to default on its domestic debt Laughing out loudly



They will never default.Unless the country goes into civil war or we are attacked by strong army like USA.


Let's hope so brother. With covid you just never know. I'm pretty sure either Lamu Port or Msa port will go to China in the coming couple of years and GOK will of course blame it on covid. How do you give tax cuts to everybody, cause mass unemployment and then expect to pay those commercial loans to China. Uphill task if you ask me.


Don’t we have a ‘force majeure’ clause for the China loans? Coz covid is clearly one of those
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#1384 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 9:01:44 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,969
Location: Nairobi
winmak wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
amorphous wrote:
AndyC wrote:
amorphous wrote:
cbk wamechelewo leo? No interest payment yet and 5pm is fast approaching! Anyone received theirs already today?


Received mines few minutes to 1800hrs.


Received my at 9.10pm which means it must be a bank issue not an issue with CBK as RTGS does not operate that late aama? I bank with SC. What a relief, I thought CBK was about to default on its domestic debt Laughing out loudly



They will never default.Unless the country goes into civil war or we are attacked by strong army like USA.


Let's hope so brother. With covid you just never know. I'm pretty sure either Lamu Port or Msa port will go to China in the coming couple of years and GOK will of course blame it on covid. How do you give tax cuts to everybody, cause mass unemployment and then expect to pay those commercial loans to China. Uphill task if you ask me.


Don’t we have a ‘force majeure’ clause for the China loans? Coz covid is clearly one of those
Not unless the kickbacks had a "force majeure" clause too.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
amorphous
#1385 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 11:17:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 102
Location: planet earth
winmak wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
amorphous wrote:
AndyC wrote:
amorphous wrote:
cbk wamechelewo leo? No interest payment yet and 5pm is fast approaching! Anyone received theirs already today?


Received mines few minutes to 1800hrs.


Received my at 9.10pm which means it must be a bank issue not an issue with CBK as RTGS does not operate that late aama? I bank with SC. What a relief, I thought CBK was about to default on its domestic debt Laughing out loudly



They will never default.Unless the country goes into civil war or we are attacked by strong army like USA.


Let's hope so brother. With covid you just never know. I'm pretty sure either Lamu Port or Msa port will go to China in the coming couple of years and GOK will of course blame it on covid. How do you give tax cuts to everybody, cause mass unemployment and then expect to pay those commercial loans to China. Uphill task if you ask me.


Don’t we have a ‘force majeure’ clause for the China loans? Coz covid is clearly one of those



Interesting angle. Some British lawyers argue this would not work on most international contracts without extreme specifics on the contracts allowing so;
https://www.cnbc.com/202...protect-businesses.html
And remember our contracts with them have never been made public so I would not be surprised if no such clause iko humo humo.
ibsi
#1386 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 7:14:30 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/7/2010
Posts: 37
Location: Nairobi
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y
Trust in God and endure patiently.
Impunity
#1387 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 3:02:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 26,242
Location: Masada
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Esstiko
#1388 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:34:33 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 17
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Na hii njaa ya Corona
ibsi
#1389 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2020 12:50:43 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/7/2010
Posts: 37
Location: Nairobi
Esstiko wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Na hii njaa ya Corona


With Corona, you save a lot. It is everyone's hope to outlive this epidemic to enjoy the fruits of investment. I have come to discover that with discipline in investment, you'll only use your brain and fingers and figures will be trickling into your account. You just relax and let money work for you.😆
Trust in God and endure patiently.
amorphous
#1390 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2020 7:39:18 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 102
Location: planet earth
ibsi wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Na hii njaa ya Corona


With Corona, you save a lot. It is everyone's hope to outlive this epidemic to enjoy the fruits of investment. I have come to discover that with discipline in investment, you'll only use your brain and fingers and figures will be trickling into your account. You just relax and let money work for you.😆


You are ahead of the curve, brother. This is the mystery most human beings waste their whole lives never understanding.

An employee (even a CEO) trades time for money, which is a losers game. Sadly 99% of humanity is traped here or (wittingly or unwittingly) aspires to be trapped here. I would venture that 95% of Wazuans are here. Trading time for money means the chance of scaling up is next to zero. No matter how much you produce, mshahara ni ile ile (heavily taxed!) Only the top CEOs are able to get ahead but they are just a handful and it took some 30 years to get to where they are.

A self employed business owner stuck in his/her small tu shop or business or farm is an employee on steroids because they are trading even more of their time for money! They get in first and leave last. But their advantage over an employee is that their upside depends on their effort, talent and interpersonal skills. They will 9 times out of ten make more than most employees due to this but barely so. His/her business however is not scalable without drastic investments/changes so they usually remain here for life.

A true, conventional business owner has broken free from trading time for money trap that 99.99% of humanity grinds souls and teeth to. He is able to leverage OPM and OPL (Other people's money and other people's labour) to mint big. An example would be Chris Kirubi. All his businesses are run by professional manager. When he was ailing in US they were still running shwaaaa and people were listening to Capital FM nywee without missing a beat. He does not trade time for money, but he actively checks on his businesses and perhaps makes active decisions, attends board meetings and so on. That's where the power lies - not trading time for money.

A 100% investor is even a notch higher than Kirubi. Not because he has more money (he probably doesn't) but trades time for money at the 0% level. These are the guys you see riding their bikes at 9am on Uhuru Highway nywaaaa heading to Aberdares or who knows where while others are rushing to their slavery gigs. Or taking a plane to go to Ethiopia fuaaa just to taste the coffee there for the weekend. Least taxed, no activist involvement whatsoever, 100% control of their time and income increasing at an increasing rate despite it all. Less than 0.00001% of humanity ever gets to this stage nor can they because they have been trained in the schools to be zombies who do not question why life is designed the way it is and why a paycheck of crumbs is dangled before them as the ultimate prize in life.

Ujumbe ndio huo huo tek et or leave et
jawgey
#1391 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2020 9:03:24 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/13/2014
Posts: 359
Location: Sydney, Australia
amorphous wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Na hii njaa ya Corona


With Corona, you save a lot. It is everyone's hope to outlive this epidemic to enjoy the fruits of investment. I have come to discover that with discipline in investment, you'll only use your brain and fingers and figures will be trickling into your account. You just relax and let money work for you.😆


You are ahead of the curve, brother. This is the mystery most human beings waste their whole lives never understanding.

An employee (even a CEO) trades time for money, which is a losers game. Sadly 99% of humanity is traped here or (wittingly or unwittingly) aspires to be trapped here. I would venture that 95% of Wazuans are here. Trading time for money means the chance of scaling up is next to zero. No matter how much you produce, mshahara ni ile ile (heavily taxed!) Only the top CEOs are able to get ahead but they are just a handful and it took some 30 years to get to where they are.

A self employed business owner stuck in his/her small tu shop or business or farm is an employee on steroids because they are trading even more of their time for money! They get in first and leave last. But their advantage over an employee is that their upside depends on their effort, talent and interpersonal skills. They will 9 times out of ten make more than most employees due to this but barely so. His/her business however is not scalable without drastic investments/changes so they usually remain here for life.

A true, conventional business owner has broken free from trading time for money trap that 99.99% of humanity grinds souls and teeth to. He is able to leverage OPM and OPL (Other people's money and other people's labour) to mint big. An example would be Chris Kirubi. All his businesses are run by professional manager. When he was ailing in US they were still running shwaaaa and people were listening to Capital FM nywee without missing a beat. He does not trade time for money, but he actively checks on his businesses and perhaps makes active decisions, attends board meetings and so on. That's where the power lies - not trading time for money.

A 100% investor is even a notch higher than Kirubi. Not because he has more money (he probably doesn't) but trades time for money at the 0% level. These are the guys you see riding their bikes at 9am on Uhuru Highway nywaaaa heading to Aberdares or who knows where while others are rushing to their slavery gigs. Or taking a plane to go to Ethiopia fuaaa just to taste the coffee there for the weekend. Least taxed, no activist involvement whatsoever, 100% control of their time and income increasing at an increasing rate despite it all. Less than 0.00001% of humanity ever gets to this stage nor can they because they have been trained in the schools to be zombies who do not question why life is designed the way it is and why a paycheck of crumbs is dangled before them as the ultimate prize in life.

Ujumbe ndio huo huo tek et or leave et


Clearly you have read a lot of financial books (including Rich dad poor dad). You should have mentioned the likes of Warren Buffet in your analysis just to encourage 'wanahisa' to keep going. Not everybody is wired for business.
Seeing is believing
amorphous
#1392 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2020 7:39:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 102
Location: planet earth
jawgey wrote:
amorphous wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Still waiting for mine.


It was timely today y


smile smile

it so sweet once it hit your emaciated account.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Na hii njaa ya Corona


With Corona, you save a lot. It is everyone's hope to outlive this epidemic to enjoy the fruits of investment. I have come to discover that with discipline in investment, you'll only use your brain and fingers and figures will be trickling into your account. You just relax and let money work for you.😆


You are ahead of the curve, brother. This is the mystery most human beings waste their whole lives never understanding.

An employee (even a CEO) trades time for money, which is a losers game. Sadly 99% of humanity is traped here or (wittingly or unwittingly) aspires to be trapped here. I would venture that 95% of Wazuans are here. Trading time for money means the chance of scaling up is next to zero. No matter how much you produce, mshahara ni ile ile (heavily taxed!) Only the top CEOs are able to get ahead but they are just a handful and it took some 30 years to get to where they are.

A self employed business owner stuck in his/her small tu shop or business or farm is an employee on steroids because they are trading even more of their time for money! They get in first and leave last. But their advantage over an employee is that their upside depends on their effort, talent and interpersonal skills. They will 9 times out of ten make more than most employees due to this but barely so. His/her business however is not scalable without drastic investments/changes so they usually remain here for life.

A true, conventional business owner has broken free from trading time for money trap that 99.99% of humanity grinds souls and teeth to. He is able to leverage OPM and OPL (Other people's money and other people's labour) to mint big. An example would be Chris Kirubi. All his businesses are run by professional manager. When he was ailing in US they were still running shwaaaa and people were listening to Capital FM nywee without missing a beat. He does not trade time for money, but he actively checks on his businesses and perhaps makes active decisions, attends board meetings and so on. That's where the power lies - not trading time for money.

A 100% investor is even a notch higher than Kirubi. Not because he has more money (he probably doesn't) but trades time for money at the 0% level. These are the guys you see riding their bikes at 9am on Uhuru Highway nywaaaa heading to Aberdares or who knows where while others are rushing to their slavery gigs. Or taking a plane to go to Ethiopia fuaaa just to taste the coffee there for the weekend. Least taxed, no activist involvement whatsoever, 100% control of their time and income increasing at an increasing rate despite it all. Less than 0.00001% of humanity ever gets to this stage nor can they because they have been trained in the schools to be zombies who do not question why life is designed the way it is and why a paycheck of crumbs is dangled before them as the ultimate prize in life.

Ujumbe ndio huo huo tek et or leave et


Clearly you have read a lot of financial books (including Rich dad poor dad). You should have mentioned the likes of Warren Buffet in your analysis just to encourage 'wanahisa' to keep going. Not everybody is wired for business.


Wanahisa are even more sooper-ndoomed than plain employees because they have zero control over both time and their investment. As you know the I in Kiyosaki's CFQ stands for INSIDE investor meaning a guy like Kirubi, who controls Centum, investing in Centum hisa. Joe blow sitting in his creaky office chair staring beady-eyed at his screen trading KCB ako na control ngani? None!
Bree
#1393 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 1:10:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/17/2008
Posts: 477
Location: Old Trafford
Am getting IFB1/2020 at 11.05% , is it a good deal or there’re better rates out there. (Newbie in bonds seeking advice).

Thanks
AndyC
#1394 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 7:42:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 131
[quote=Bree]Am getting IFB1/2020 at 11.05% , is it a good deal or there’re better rates out there. (Newbie in bonds seeking advice).

Thanks[/quote

It's 10.2% for six years.Not bad under the circumstances.
Ericsson
#1395 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 7:12:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,393
Location: NAIROBI
Treasury is swapping the 364-day bill due in June with six year tax free bond
Angelica _ann
#1396 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 7:39:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,462
Ericsson wrote:
Treasury is swapping the 364-day bill due in June with six year tax free bond


Do they seek your consent to do this?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
ibsi
#1397 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:54:18 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/7/2010
Posts: 37
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Treasury is swapping the 364-day bill due in June with six year tax free bond


Do they seek your consent to do this?

It is true
Trust in God and endure patiently.
MatataMingi
#1398 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:49:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 354
Location: Where everyone knows you
Sorry,
They are not swapping the 2236/364 T Bill for the IFB.
Somehow, the new bond is only available to holders on the maturing T Bill,
I wonder why?
Bree
#1399 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 12:30:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/17/2008
Posts: 477
Location: Old Trafford
AndyC wrote:
[quote=Bree]Am getting IFB1/2020 at 11.05% , is it a good deal or there’re better rates out there. (Newbie in bonds seeking advice).

Thanks[/quote

It's 10.2% for six years.Not bad under the circumstances.


Okay great. I’ll give it a shot
Users browsing this topic
Guest
70 Pages«<686970
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.