Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15015]
VituVingiSana's MIGHTY road to wealth. Take notes! [65]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3521]
Building an Apartment Block [8]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [274]
Online NSE stock trading [124]
WPP ScanGroup Plc FY 2019 [23]
Coop Bank 2019 [108]
Why dustbowl is the future [562]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1209]
Realities of Forex Investment [3911]
Uchumi - A value play? [520]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [502]
Equity Bank 2020 [42]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [371]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages«<596061
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
nairobby
#1201 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:19:41 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/18/2019
Posts: 180
Location: kenya
babashuge wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Dear Sir,

RE:AGENCY TO SELL VARIOUS LAND PARCELS ON BEHALF OF BRITAM
We are pleased to engage you to sell 3 parcels of land on behalf of Britam as follows;
1.LR NO 209/6267 located in Upper Hill.The land measures approx. 2.3 acres and the reserve price is Kes.600mn per acre

2.LR NO 12648/93 located in Lukenya along Mombasa Rd.The land measures approx. 172 acres and the reserve price is Kes.11 million per acre

3.LR 18048/49/50 located in Mlolongo,along Mombasa rd.The land measures approx. 25 acres and reserve price is Kes.46 million per acre

4.Britam Center LR NO 209/10520 located in Upper Hill Nairobi.Land size approx. 1.6 acre,fully developed with an office block,the reserve price is kes.2.24bn

5.Olive Garden Plot LR NO 209/380/8 located in Hurlingham,Rose Avenue off Arwings Kodhek Rd.Land approx. 0.6 acres,reserve price kes.280m

6.Ngong Land LR NO Ngong/Ngong/46 located in Ngong town measuring approximately 21 acres.The reserve price is kes.1 billion

NB/The commission payable will be 3% of the sale value.

Kindly confirm your acceptance of this appointment by responding to this letter.We look forward to hearing from you soonest.

Yours faithfully
Britam properties Ltd

Raphael Mwito
AG. General Manager

https://i0.wp.com/www.ka...tam.png?w=560&ssl=1[/quote]



They say 3 parcels for sale but have 6 listed... hoping this isn't how they do their accounts..


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Beler
#1202 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:02:31 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/15/2019
Posts: 31
I dont see a problem for potential buyer when company is listed. Actually, stock market is a good place to raise money for business. However, if you are buying company which is in deep trouble, then this might be really huge problem, regardless if company is listed or not
rwitre
#1203 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 10:30:05 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 433
Location: Nairobi
I remember chasing this candy at 30 bob a piece a while back

Then deep pockets sinking in billions for a huge chunk at 15

Today morning it's at 6.6

Markets can be brutal
nairobby
#1204 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 7:47:31 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/18/2019
Posts: 180
Location: kenya
mawinder wrote:
Even if the share takes a beating I am in this bus till 2019.I have missed many buses due to carelessness but I will not alight from this one!!!!!!!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#1205 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 8:04:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,596
rwitre wrote:
I remember chasing this candy at 30 bob a piece a while back

Then deep pockets sinking in billions for a huge chunk at 15

Today morning it's at 6.6

Markets can be brutal


Na bado, wait for Jubilee to be through with us Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1206 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 9:26:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,763
Location: nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
I remember chasing this candy at 30 bob a piece a while back

Then deep pockets sinking in billions for a huge chunk at 15

Today morning it's at 6.6

Markets can be brutal


Na bado, wait for Jubilee to be through with us Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

This was a trap
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
kmucheke
#1207 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:29:06 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 41
Dear Shareholder, The Britam Holdings Plc AGM will be held on 29th June 2020 at 11.00am. Please register to participate in the AGM by dialing *483*802# and following the various prompts. Please note that registration will close on 26th June 2020 at 11.00 am.
Kusadikika
#1208 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:43:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,666
What is the occupancy rate of the tower?

I remember sometime back I read somewhere a Britam official was quoted as saying with a lot of maringo that they did not want just any kind of tenant. The place was high class and they were looking for for sophisticated tenants. As economic times get worse itafika wakati someone will say bora tenant like the desperate bora bwana when a lady gets to 35.
Queen
#1209 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:35:35 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 325
Location: Britain
rwitre wrote:
Deep pockets taking advantage of bear to mop up and increae their holdings.

a.k.a averaging down kamikaze style Laughing out loudly

Quote:
AfricInvest has increased its stake at Britam Holdings to 16.26 per cent, after acquiring 49.3 million shares worth Ksh450 million.

Last year, the private equity firm bought 360.8 million new shares from the underwriter at Ksh5.7 billion.

The aggressive buying spree means that AfricInvest’s total investment at Britam stands at Ksh6.2 billion.


Meaning when bull run returns there'll be less liquidity (since they are unlikely to sell) and faster price appreciation.


#Post 1186 of 10th January, 2019.

Considering the current price of 6.60/= per share and doing some simple calculations, it is obvious that some few paper billions have hitherto been lost by AfricInvest. Those who thought that it is only rookies who lose money at the bourse should think twice. This huge paper loss by AfricInvest proves that NSE can easily make billionaires shed premium tears too. The NSE is truly and surely not for the faint-hearted. A lesson learnt.
winmak
#1210 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:42:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 499
Location: Nakuru
Queen wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Deep pockets taking advantage of bear to mop up and increae their holdings.

a.k.a averaging down kamikaze style Laughing out loudly

Quote:
AfricInvest has increased its stake at Britam Holdings to 16.26 per cent, after acquiring 49.3 million shares worth Ksh450 million.

Last year, the private equity firm bought 360.8 million new shares from the underwriter at Ksh5.7 billion.

The aggressive buying spree means that AfricInvest’s total investment at Britam stands at Ksh6.2 billion.


Meaning when bull run returns there'll be less liquidity (since they are unlikely to sell) and faster price appreciation.


Considering the current price of 6.60/= per share and doing some simple calculations, it is obvious that some few paper billions have hitherto been lost by AfricInvest. Those who thought that it is only rookies who lose money at the bourse should think twice. This huge paper loss by AfricInvest proves that NSE can easily make billionaires shed premium tears too. The NSE is truly and surely not for the faint-hearted. A lesson learnt.


But Africinvest are large faceless corporations that don’t feel pain of loss paper or otherwise
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Queen
#1211 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:14:58 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 325
Location: Britain
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Deep pockets taking advantage of bear to mop up and increae their holdings.

a.k.a averaging down kamikaze style Laughing out loudly

Quote:
AfricInvest has increased its stake at Britam Holdings to 16.26 per cent, after acquiring 49.3 million shares worth Ksh450 million.

Last year, the private equity firm bought 360.8 million new shares from the underwriter at Ksh5.7 billion.

The aggressive buying spree means that AfricInvest’s total investment at Britam stands at Ksh6.2 billion.


Meaning when bull run returns there'll be less liquidity (since they are unlikely to sell) and faster price appreciation.


Considering the current price of 6.60/= per share and doing some simple calculations, it is obvious that some few paper billions have hitherto been lost by AfricInvest. Those who thought that it is only rookies who lose money at the bourse should think twice. This huge paper loss by AfricInvest proves that NSE can easily make billionaires shed premium tears too. The NSE is truly and surely not for the faint-hearted. A lesson learnt.


But Africinvest are large faceless corporations that don’t feel pain of loss paper or otherwise


They are not so faceless.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
61 Pages«<596061
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.