Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Mar 7, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24% [98]
Why dustbowl is the future [737]
Stanbic Holdings FY2021 - FY2025 [2]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [526]
Stanbic 2019 [25]
Carbacid Investments FY 2020 [32]
Liberty Kenya Holdings 2021-2025 [1]
Superior Homes to list on NSE Gems counter [8]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [610]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2280]
411 on dividend and AGM [988]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [573]
EQUITY vs KCB [276]
KCB buy buy buy [1347]
Equity Bank 2020 [97]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

BAT 2020 and beyond
Ericsson
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:07:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,403
Location: NAIROBI
Half year results are out.
Interim dividend @ksh.3.50 per share
Profit after tax at sh.2.679bn compared to sh.2.528bn in 2019

https://mobile.twitter.c...3408582361456641/photo/1
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:09:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,821
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Queen
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:09:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 442
Location: Britain
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?
winmak
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:16:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 528
Location: Nakuru
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:32:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,821
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:32:39 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,414
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.
That pays a sweet dividend and doesn't have the drama of local firms. I like such firms over cons like HAFR and Tranny.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:49:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,945
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.


BAT Kenya was founded in 1907 and has been listed for 51 years since 1969. The company may be controlled from Europe but it is has been around for longer than all of us.
Life is short. Live passionately.
watesh
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:03:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 863
Location: Kenya
[quote=Ericsson]Half year results are out.
Interim dividend @ksh.3.50 per share
Profit after tax at sh.2.679bn compared to sh.2.528bn in 2019

https://mobile.twitter.c...408582361456641/photo/1[/quote]

I see this as a good result despite it being the peak of covid fear and all the border challenges. Things should be going up from now...I can park some money here till I see how bad the banks are burnt.
kmucheke
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 4:05:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 235
Blow for BAT as Health CS Kagwe declares Lyft illegal

Quote:
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has declared the registration of nicotine pouches, including BAT's popular product Lyft, illegal and wants them deregistered.

The ban follows intense lobbying by parents and anti-tobacco groups to have the Ministry of Health ban Lyft.

The Kenya Tobacco Control Alliance (Ketca) had raised concerns that Lyft is easily accessible and being abused by minors.

"A product that is highly addictive, which poses health risks, should not be sold freely. We want the nicotine product heavily taxed and regulated, just as we handle other tobacco products," said Ketca chairman Joel Gitali.

BAT announced early this year that it would build a Sh2.5 billion factory in Nairobi to produce the nicotine pouches.

However, BAT Kenya Head of Corporate Affairs Caroline Mavuti has indicated in a recent interview with Nation that Lyft is a tobacco-free modern oral nicotine pouch.

“It is made from high-quality ingredients, including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, water, eucalyptus and pine tree fibres, flavouring and sweeteners,” said Ms Mavuti.


sparkly
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2020 4:57:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,945
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
kmucheke wrote:
Blow for BAT as Health CS Kagwe declares Lyft illegal

Quote:
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has declared the registration of nicotine pouches, including BAT's popular product Lyft, illegal and wants them deregistered.

The ban follows intense lobbying by parents and anti-tobacco groups to have the Ministry of Health ban Lyft.

The Kenya Tobacco Control Alliance (Ketca) had raised concerns that Lyft is easily accessible and being abused by minors.

"A product that is highly addictive, which poses health risks, should not be sold freely. We want the nicotine product heavily taxed and regulated, just as we handle other tobacco products," said Ketca chairman Joel Gitali.

BAT announced early this year that it would build a Sh2.5 billion factory in Nairobi to produce the nicotine pouches.

However, BAT Kenya Head of Corporate Affairs Caroline Mavuti has indicated in a recent interview with Nation that Lyft is a tobacco-free modern oral nicotine pouch.

“It is made from high-quality ingredients, including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, water, eucalyptus and pine tree fibres, flavouring and sweeteners,” said Ms Mavuti.




The tobacco lobby is very strong $$$
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:21:56 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,414
Location: Nairobi
https://www.businessdail...icotine-pouches-2719520 BAT sees a future through the smoke on nicotine pouches
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kmucheke
#12 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 9:11:56 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 235
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/bat-sees-a-future-through-the-smoke-on-nicotine-pouches-2719520 BAT sees a future through the smoke on nicotine pouches


It will be interesting to see how the will ward off the resistance from the Ministry of Health and the anti-tobacco lobby groups.
Balaa
#13 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2020 8:37:08 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 175
Location: Kinshasa

MD resignation
https://mobile.twitter.c...5821155073187840/photo/1
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Ericsson
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:45:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,403
Location: NAIROBI
Final dividend ksh.41.5 per share.
Total dividend for FY2020 ksh.45 per share
Book closure 16 April 2021

https://mobile.twitter.c...399105373380608/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...ormat=jpg&name=small
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:24:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,945
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
[quote=Ericsson]Final dividend ksh.41.5 per share.
Total dividend for FY2020 ksh.45 per share
Book closure 16 April 2021

https://mobile.twitter.c...399105373380608/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=small[/quote]

Before tax DY at 10.6% based on my Average price of KShs 425. No regrets at all. Wapi mjamaa wa "NSE is a Casino, sell now!"
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:25:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,821
[quote=Ericsson]Final dividend ksh.41.5 per share.
Total dividend for FY2020 ksh.45 per share
Book closure 16 April 2021

https://mobile.twitter.c...399105373380608/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=small[/quote]

Applause Applause Applause
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#17 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 6:44:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,916
Location: Kitale
sparkly wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Final dividend ksh.41.5 per share.
Total dividend for FY2020 ksh.45 per share
Book closure 16 April 2021

https://mobile.twitter.c...399105373380608/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=small[/quote]

Before tax DY at 10.6% based on my Average price of KShs 425. No regrets at all. Wapi mjamaa wa "NSE is a Casino, sell now!"



Huyo jamaa ni mtu wa sportpesa.Akae huko kabisa.NSE is not gambling.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
babashuge
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 7:07:10 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/4/2019
Posts: 66
Location: Nairobi
I think I need to quit smoking, and buy BAT shares instead.
Angelica _ann
#19 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 9:01:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,821
Thanks to @CNN whose comments drew my interest to this share in 2010. Tumemumunya dividends hapa which has repaid the initial purchase price of the shares.

Keep smoking smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Monk
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 10:27:55 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2009
Posts: 216
Angelica _ann wrote:
Thanks to @CNN whose comments drew my interest to this share in 2010. Tumemumunya dividends hapa which has repaid the initial purchase price of the shares.

Keep smoking smile


Wow! You are living my dream :) And to think that when it recently fell to Ksh 300, I thought about wading in then grew cold feet.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.