Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Carbacid Investments FY 2020 [4]
KCB buy buy buy [1286]
CIC Insurance 2019 [128]
Realities of Trading Bitcoin etc [1]
Why dustbowl is the future [712]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [314]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1282]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2858]
JUBILEE HOLDINGS [54]
411 on dividend and AGM [969]
Mansa-X Fund by SIB. Anyone who has invested with ... [20]
Estimated 71 Billion Barrels... [1184]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2260]
Kenya Economy Watch [2567]
Equity Bank 2020 [81]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

BAT 2020 and beyond
Ericsson
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:07:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,102
Location: NAIROBI
Half year results are out.
Interim dividend @ksh.3.50 per share
Profit after tax at sh.2.679bn compared to sh.2.528bn in 2019

https://mobile.twitter.c...3408582361456641/photo/1
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:09:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,714
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Queen
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:09:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 425
Location: Britain
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?
winmak
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:16:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 520
Location: Nakuru
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:32:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,714
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:32:39 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.
That pays a sweet dividend and doesn't have the drama of local firms. I like such firms over cons like HAFR and Tranny.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:49:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,905
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Wachana ha hii share pris smile.

The say they leave Kenya ama NSE, am doomed coz am a chair smoker smile


What do you mean by leaving?


Haha CHAIR... nice one


This is a mzungu controlled company that can wake up one day and decide that they are leaving Kenya, Africa, de-list and minority shareholders has no say.

So let us enjoy while it lasts.


BAT Kenya was founded in 1907 and has been listed for 51 years since 1969. The company may be controlled from Europe but it is has been around for longer than all of us.
Life is short. Live passionately.
watesh
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:03:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 849
Location: Kenya
[quote=Ericsson]Half year results are out.
Interim dividend @ksh.3.50 per share
Profit after tax at sh.2.679bn compared to sh.2.528bn in 2019

https://mobile.twitter.c...408582361456641/photo/1[/quote]

I see this as a good result despite it being the peak of covid fear and all the border challenges. Things should be going up from now...I can park some money here till I see how bad the banks are burnt.
kmucheke
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 4:05:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 227
Blow for BAT as Health CS Kagwe declares Lyft illegal

Quote:
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has declared the registration of nicotine pouches, including BAT's popular product Lyft, illegal and wants them deregistered.

The ban follows intense lobbying by parents and anti-tobacco groups to have the Ministry of Health ban Lyft.

The Kenya Tobacco Control Alliance (Ketca) had raised concerns that Lyft is easily accessible and being abused by minors.

"A product that is highly addictive, which poses health risks, should not be sold freely. We want the nicotine product heavily taxed and regulated, just as we handle other tobacco products," said Ketca chairman Joel Gitali.

BAT announced early this year that it would build a Sh2.5 billion factory in Nairobi to produce the nicotine pouches.

However, BAT Kenya Head of Corporate Affairs Caroline Mavuti has indicated in a recent interview with Nation that Lyft is a tobacco-free modern oral nicotine pouch.

“It is made from high-quality ingredients, including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, water, eucalyptus and pine tree fibres, flavouring and sweeteners,” said Ms Mavuti.


sparkly
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2020 4:57:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,905
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
kmucheke wrote:
Blow for BAT as Health CS Kagwe declares Lyft illegal

Quote:
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has declared the registration of nicotine pouches, including BAT's popular product Lyft, illegal and wants them deregistered.

The ban follows intense lobbying by parents and anti-tobacco groups to have the Ministry of Health ban Lyft.

The Kenya Tobacco Control Alliance (Ketca) had raised concerns that Lyft is easily accessible and being abused by minors.

"A product that is highly addictive, which poses health risks, should not be sold freely. We want the nicotine product heavily taxed and regulated, just as we handle other tobacco products," said Ketca chairman Joel Gitali.

BAT announced early this year that it would build a Sh2.5 billion factory in Nairobi to produce the nicotine pouches.

However, BAT Kenya Head of Corporate Affairs Caroline Mavuti has indicated in a recent interview with Nation that Lyft is a tobacco-free modern oral nicotine pouch.

“It is made from high-quality ingredients, including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, water, eucalyptus and pine tree fibres, flavouring and sweeteners,” said Ms Mavuti.




The tobacco lobby is very strong $$$
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:21:56 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
https://www.businessdail...icotine-pouches-2719520 BAT sees a future through the smoke on nicotine pouches
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kmucheke
#12 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 9:11:56 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 227
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/bat-sees-a-future-through-the-smoke-on-nicotine-pouches-2719520 BAT sees a future through the smoke on nicotine pouches


It will be interesting to see how the will ward off the resistance from the Ministry of Health and the anti-tobacco lobby groups.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.