Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jan 19, 2021
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
PORK William Kipchirchir Samoei Arap Ruto [43]
POTUS JOE BIDEN [17]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [678]
NAIROBI GOVERNATOR [14]
Coronavirus [2733]
Bobi Wine vs Museveni [50]
Climate change happening under our noses [28]
Voluntary Exit Program (VEP) [16]
Maraga exit [3]
Drunkard should be kicked out of wazua, YES or NO.... [45]
POTUS TRUMP [1738]
words most misused/abused in Kenya [149]
Ndunduri gwa Kiongo [59]
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [1017]
How to Make Money [15]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Voluntary Exit Program (VEP)
maka
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:43:40 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,375
Location: Nairobi

Good morning fellow Wazuans

It has been ages since I made a post here I hope everyone is ok.

I need your help on this one smile Someone is considering taking VER. This is the status of the said person;

(1) Turns 50 in March this year thus can drawdown 100% of their PF. Total sum net of tax 13,500,000.

(2) offer given by the company comes to another 4,400,000.

(3) Has one sacco loan of 600,000.

(4) No mortgage, no kids (zero school fees).

(5) Lives in a rental house (30K rent) ... Has a house near Nairobi that is liveable and can be moved into at anytime. The person can also farm vegetables on the parcel of 2.5 acres.

(6) Owns 2 acres of land valued at 6m, and another 1/8th valued at 800k thereabout.

(7) Has fixed income securities that generate 112,000 PA. This is till 2023 when the principal amount will be reimbursed.

(8) In terms of work there is very little room for upward progress in the next 10 years although it is 2 positions away from Director level ( a lot of corporate politics is in play here so this might ever happen).

Should the said person keep working or take the offer.

Asanteni smile
possunt quia posse videntur
wukan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 10:49:49 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,506
Tell him to keep working. He does not have sufficient activity outside work like kids, biashara to keep him occupied. He will be kaput in 10 years. Instead ask him to use the next 10 years while working to learn farming and some hobby to keep him active in retirement.
sqft
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 11:31:59 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 906
Location: Kenya
I can see that you have decided to ditch the sinking KQ ship. Nice move or you sink with it.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
maka
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 11:44:19 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,375
Location: Nairobi
sqft wrote:
I can see that you have decided to ditch the sinking KQ ship. Nice move or you sink with it.



Wewe jibu swali....Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Acha siasa.

possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 12:42:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,490
How many months current net salo does the 4.4M cover?

Does he want to find another job or pursue other interests?

Is the employer stable enough to keep him employed for another 10 years?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 1:31:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,375
Location: Nairobi
KulaRaha wrote:
How many months current net salo does the 4.4M cover?

Does he want to find another job or pursue other interests?

Is the employer stable enough to keep him employed for another 10 years?


(i) Covers 27.5 months
(ii) Another job is not out of the picture. Excellent experience and papers. Yes other activities will be pursued.
(iii) The employer is no where near stable....smile
possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:30:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,490
maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
How many months current net salo does the 4.4M cover?

Does he want to find another job or pursue other interests?

Is the employer stable enough to keep him employed for another 10 years?


(i) Covers 27.5 months
(ii) Another job is not out of the picture. Excellent experience and papers. Yes other activities will be pursued.
(iii) The employer is no where near stable....smile


The payout gives him 2 years breathing space to find another job. If employer is not stable, then perhaps its not a bad idea to exit. However, given current conditions, another job may not be so easy to land.

PF should not be considered as that is the real backup post retirement, and I think becomes tax free after the age of 65.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:19:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,375
Location: Nairobi
KulaRaha wrote:
maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
How many months current net salo does the 4.4M cover?

Does he want to find another job or pursue other interests?

Is the employer stable enough to keep him employed for another 10 years?


(i) Covers 27.5 months
(ii) Another job is not out of the picture. Excellent experience and papers. Yes other activities will be pursued.
(iii) The employer is no where near stable....smile


The payout gives him 2 years breathing space to find another job. If employer is not stable, then perhaps its not a bad idea to exit. However, given current conditions, another job may not be so easy to land.

PF should not be considered as that is the real backup post retirement, and I think becomes tax free after the age of 65.


Thanks...Here is an interesting side... The said company has allowed the employees to stop their side of contribution towards the PF because of reduced pay... So for the better part of 2020 it is the employers side that has been remitted... This will continue for a while (I think 2-3 years).

Current pay is down 50% that will also be that way for a while.... What incentive is there to keep on working?

possunt quia posse videntur
Bigchick
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:25:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 4,051
Location: At Large.
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
newfarer
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:45:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,501
Location: Uganda
maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
How many months current net salo does the 4.4M cover?

Does he want to find another job or pursue other interests?

Is the employer stable enough to keep him employed for another 10 years?


(i) Covers 27.5 months
(ii) Another job is not out of the picture. Excellent experience and papers. Yes other activities will be pursued.
(iii) The employer is no where near stable....smile

Let him take courage and run with the 4.4m
Use a quarter of the PF to start a small hustle and fix the balance annually as he monitors the small business growth.
punda amecheka
maka
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:54:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,375
Location: Nairobi
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.



possunt quia posse videntur
Thitifini
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 4:09:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 663
Location: Kenya
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.





Keep the job for the time being as we watch what will happen to the economy. Things might get very tough in the next 2-3years.

Within that time, you can keep your eyes open for a side hustle and use the time to do serious market research.

50% salo is better than what I've seen people go through in the last couple of months.

P.S. keep the whole PF as retirement security as @AA says. Use the other incomes for the plots and mjengo....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
KulaRaha
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 9:08:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,490
Thitifini wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.





Keep the job for the time being as we watch what will happen to the economy. Things might get very tough in the next 2-3years.

Within that time, you can keep your eyes open for a side hustle and use the time to do serious market research.

50% salo is better than what I've seen people go through in the last couple of months.

P.S. keep the whole PF as retirement security as @AA says. Use the other incomes for the plots and mjengo....


Agreed. This corona thing has wrecked havoc in most industries.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Angelica _ann
#14 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 8:16:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,792
KulaRaha wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.





Keep the job for the time being as we watch what will happen to the economy. Things might get very tough in the next 2-3years.

Within that time, you can keep your eyes open for a side hustle and use the time to do serious market research.

50% salo is better than what I've seen people go through in the last couple of months.

P.S. keep the whole PF as retirement security as @AA says. Use the other incomes for the plots and mjengo....


Agreed. This corona thing has wrecked havoc in most industries.


The employer here is definitely KQ, and we all know how it is going to end in another 2/3 years for this individual; retrenchment.

Take the money. Utajipanga!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
KulaRaha
#15 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 11:59:49 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,490
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.





Keep the job for the time being as we watch what will happen to the economy. Things might get very tough in the next 2-3years.

Within that time, you can keep your eyes open for a side hustle and use the time to do serious market research.

50% salo is better than what I've seen people go through in the last couple of months.

P.S. keep the whole PF as retirement security as @AA says. Use the other incomes for the plots and mjengo....


Agreed. This corona thing has wrecked havoc in most industries.


The employer here is definitely KQ, and we all know how it is going to end in another 2/3 years for this individual; retrenchment.

Take the money. Utajipanga!!!


If he is retrenched, he will still get paid.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Bigchick
#16 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 1:26:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 4,051
Location: At Large.
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
At 50 take your money and go.Look for another job even if its paying less.Meanwhile learn or start something new to push you past retirement.

Take your PF and fix it where it earn you 10% and above.

A company that is going through VER has no room for guys who are 50years.


Asante..

I hadn't even finished with the problems;

(i) The 50% salary was supposed to be deferred till things get better this ended in Dec 2020 which itself is an illegality. So going forward salary will be between 50 - 70% depending on the financial health of the firm and zero deferred pay.

(ii) No payment towards PF.

(iii) Workload is almost the same.





Keep the job for the time being as we watch what will happen to the economy. Things might get very tough in the next 2-3years.

Within that time, you can keep your eyes open for a side hustle and use the time to do serious market research.

50% salo is better than what I've seen people go through in the last couple of months.

P.S. keep the whole PF as retirement security as @AA says. Use the other incomes for the plots and mjengo....


Agreed. This corona thing has wrecked havoc in most industries.


The employer here is definitely KQ, and we all know how it is going to end in another 2/3 years for this individual; retrenchment.

Take the money. Utajipanga!!!


If he is retrenched, he will still get paid.



Retrentchment or redundancy terms are not good compared to VER.

There is also an emotional cost to it.It will only be human to ask why me and not the other.....then it will slowly dawn on you that beyond the company woes you are among the "old and tired" they want to get rid off.New employers will always check on reason for leaving last employer and retrenchment will not be a plus for you.

I still insist you leave now with the VER with your spirits high.


Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.