Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Feb 25, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24% [88]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [377]
Acorn D-REIT and I-REIT [1]
Carbacid Investments FY 2020 [26]
Stanbic 2019 [21]
BAT 2020 and beyond [20]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [604]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1367]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [59]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [572]
Express Kenya FY18 [13]
KenGen HY 2019 [670]
DogeCoin: Does it have a future? [8]
STOCKS TO BUY by yaserbigchair [193]
KCB buy buy buy [1344]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

31 Pages«<293031
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive)
Ebenyo
#601 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 4:43:51 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,914
Location: Kitale
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Reinsurance has put a tender for sale of Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu.
Reserve price Ksh.1 billion
Applause Applause Applause Sell and pay a dividend Applause Are there buyers at that price in this market?


The rich Indians from Kisumu or government though the process may take time to conclude.

Part of the proceeds may also be used to put up their new commercial building (twin towers) in Upper Hill
There are many rich Luos who can buy it. Applause

Using the proceeds to build a new commercial building in Upper Hill, in the near future, would be STUPID and CRIMINAL. Shame on you

The proceeds should be invested in the stock market if the prices remain low. The best is to pay out a dividend. Next best is a share buyback.



https://www.businessdail...insurance-plaza-3299332

@vvs.
There you have it;
""The reason (for sale) is strategic reinvestment," Kenya Re chief executive Jadiah Mwaraniah said in response to the Business Daily queries without divulging further details."

They will not use the proceeds to payout a dividend and highly unlikely stocks.



The main shareholder(GOK) with 60%,is in distress of cash for referendum,budget 2021/2022 and general election 2022.They could be pushing to get this cash.
They pushed safaricom to declare an interim dividend.

https://www.businessdail...rastatals-money-3296618
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#602 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 5:44:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Reinsurance has put a tender for sale of Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu.
Reserve price Ksh.1 billion
Applause Applause Applause Sell and pay a dividend Applause Are there buyers at that price in this market?


The rich Indians from Kisumu or government though the process may take time to conclude.

Part of the proceeds may also be used to put up their new commercial building (twin towers) in Upper Hill
There are many rich Luos who can buy it. Applause

Using the proceeds to build a new commercial building in Upper Hill, in the near future, would be STUPID and CRIMINAL. Shame on you

The proceeds should be invested in the stock market if the prices remain low. The best is to pay out a dividend. Next best is a share buyback.



https://www.businessdail...insurance-plaza-3299332

@vvs.
There you have it;
""The reason (for sale) is strategic reinvestment," Kenya Re chief executive Jadiah Mwaraniah said in response to the Business Daily queries without divulging further details."

They will not use the proceeds to payout a dividend and highly unlikely stocks.



The main shareholder(GOK) with 60%,is in distress of cash for referendum,budget 2021/2022 and general election 2022.They could be pushing to get this cash.
They pushed safaricom to declare an interim dividend.

https://www.businessdail...rastatals-money-3296618

Can't rely on this since they ain't sure they will get a buyer.
Safaricom is a different case since it doesn't have financial regulatory compliances
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#603 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 9:06:16 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,395
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Reinsurance has put a tender for sale of Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu.
Reserve price Ksh.1 billion
Applause Applause Applause Sell and pay a dividend Applause Are there buyers at that price in this market?


The rich Indians from Kisumu or government though the process may take time to conclude.

Part of the proceeds may also be used to put up their new commercial building (twin towers) in Upper Hill
There are many rich Luos who can buy it. Applause

Using the proceeds to build a new commercial building in Upper Hill, in the near future, would be STUPID and CRIMINAL. Shame on you

The proceeds should be invested in the stock market if the prices remain low. The best is to pay out a dividend. Next best is a share buyback.



https://www.businessdail...insurance-plaza-3299332

@vvs.
There you have it;
""The reason (for sale) is strategic reinvestment," Kenya Re chief executive Jadiah Mwaraniah said in response to the Business Daily queries without divulging further details."

They will not use the proceeds to payout a dividend and highly unlikely stocks.



The main shareholder(GOK) with 60%,is in distress of cash for referendum,budget 2021/2022 and general election 2022.They could be pushing to get this cash.
They pushed safaricom to declare an interim dividend.

https://www.businessdail...rastatals-money-3296618

Can't rely on this since they ain't sure they will get a buyer.
Safaricom is a different case since it doesn't have financial regulatory compliances

Kenya Re is over-capitalized for the size of its business.
It is earning low returns on its cash (deposits, T-Bills).
The sale of the property is a matter for 2021.
The dividend is for FY2020.

BUT the IRA can block a dividend.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#604 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 12:23:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,372
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Reinsurance has put a tender for sale of Reinsurance Plaza Kisumu.
Reserve price Ksh.1 billion
Applause Applause Applause Sell and pay a dividend Applause Are there buyers at that price in this market?


The rich Indians from Kisumu or government though the process may take time to conclude.

Part of the proceeds may also be used to put up their new commercial building (twin towers) in Upper Hill
There are many rich Luos who can buy it. Applause

Using the proceeds to build a new commercial building in Upper Hill, in the near future, would be STUPID and CRIMINAL. Shame on you

The proceeds should be invested in the stock market if the prices remain low. The best is to pay out a dividend. Next best is a share buyback.



https://www.businessdail...insurance-plaza-3299332

@vvs.
There you have it;
""The reason (for sale) is strategic reinvestment," Kenya Re chief executive Jadiah Mwaraniah said in response to the Business Daily queries without divulging further details."

They will not use the proceeds to payout a dividend and highly unlikely stocks.



The main shareholder(GOK) with 60%,is in distress of cash for referendum,budget 2021/2022 and general election 2022.They could be pushing to get this cash.
They pushed safaricom to declare an interim dividend.

https://www.businessdail...rastatals-money-3296618

Can't rely on this since they ain't sure they will get a buyer.
Safaricom is a different case since it doesn't have financial regulatory compliances

Kenya Re is over-capitalized for the size of its business.
It is earning low returns on its cash (deposits, T-Bills).
The sale of the property is a matter for 2021.
The dividend is for FY2020.

BUT the IRA can block a dividend.



Proceeds is for strategic reinvestment meaning.
What is this strategic investment they want to pursue that they can't use the available cash?
Is is acquisition of a stake in a reinsurer?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Users browsing this topic
Guest (7)
31 Pages«<293031
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.