Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jan 20, 2017
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Airtel quitting?? [34]
Am selling my plot at Katani [18]
Car hire [3]
Tea Bags [21]
3d printing and I [8]
A guide to imporing cars from Japan [281]
Rich vs. Poor [12]
Kenya Power frequent Outtages [7]
Any good schools along kambu road? [56]
Bankers I need consultation [16]
Selling Prado 95 Series [8]
One-way glasses for windows. [13]
Zuku fibre review [81]
VW Toureg [26]
Amazon Online Buying [36]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
Tyre Center - The good, the bad and the ugly
bird_man
#101 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:59:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/2/2006
Posts: 1,158
Location: Nairobi
How are the Pirelli P1 195/65 R15?Need to replace my Yokohamas which I have used for 3yrs without a single puncture.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
mukoya
#102 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:41:41 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/3/2007
Posts: 43
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint
Impunity
#103 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 11:24:21 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 24,769
Location: Masada
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


How to tell Genuine from Shaina?
Portfolio: KQ 6,200
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

ZZE123
#104 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:30:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/21/2008
Posts: 2,253
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint

I am opting to buy BF Goodrich instead of Pirelli but the difference is 10K per tyreBrick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
ZZE123
#105 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:32:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/21/2008
Posts: 2,253
Impunity wrote:
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


How to tell Genuine from Shaina?

I thought they were all USA Made???
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Julie
#106 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 10:52:49 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/2/2006
Posts: 448
Hi All,

Am looking for quieter tyres that will reduce cabin noise while on tarmac.
Currently on Michelin Primacy 205/55R16 91V
bird_man
#107 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:58:50 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/2/2006
Posts: 1,158
Location: Nairobi
Anyone used Falken Japan?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
vky
#108 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:05:50 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/17/2010
Posts: 518
Julie wrote:
Hi All,

Am looking for quieter tyres that will reduce cabin noise while on tarmac.
Currently on Michelin Primacy 205/55R16 91V


I have the same size tyres, used to have some barum tyres but changed to Michelin pilot sport 3, car now accelerates and handles better plus cabin noise reduced significantly compared to when I had the barum tyres
mugo2of3
#109 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:38:35 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/22/2014
Posts: 70
35% off at Kingsway on Michellin or BF Goodrich . . .

Anyone with some information on the cost of a pair of either ??
Impunity
#110 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:47:30 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 24,769
Location: Masada
ZZE123 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


How to tell Genuine from Shaina?

I thought they were all USA Made???


Naaahh.
You cant afford a tire made in USA and shipped to Kenia.All these tires you see here are “manufactured under license" from Shaina and Malaysia...including Firestone,BF Goodrich,Dunlop,Goodyear,Bridgestone etal.
Portfolio: KQ 6,200
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

TPK
#111 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 7:11:21 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/17/2011
Posts: 126
Location: Nairobi
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


Seconded. I bought a set(265/65R17) at Kingsway last year for 119k. I thought they were overpriced but when you drive around you know this is not just any other tyre.

I have driven 4*4 fitted with Michelin and Bridgestone Dueler but for me, it will be BF Goodrich, any time.

As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big
sitaki.kujulikana
#112 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 1:02:23 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/25/2012
Posts: 1,452
TPK wrote:
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


Seconded. I bought a set(265/65R17) at Kingsway last year for 119k. I thought they were overpriced but when you drive around you know this is not just any other tyre.

I have driven 4*4 fitted with Michelin and Bridgestone Dueler but for me, it will be BF Goodrich, any time.


119k or 19k
Ngogoyo
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 1:40:36 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/22/2011
Posts: 432
Location: House
215/55/R17 PIRELLI 14K, 215/45/R17 PIRELLI 14K, 215/45/R17 MARSHAL 11K, 215/45/R17 ACHILLES 9500 (AUTO EXPRESS)

215/55/R17 KUMHO 14K, 215/45/R17 KUMHO 14K (KINGSWAY)
Njung'e
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:35:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/7/2007
Posts: 11,173
Location: Nairobi
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
TPK wrote:
mukoya wrote:
guys the best Tyers world over are BF Goodrich's they never disappoint


Seconded. I bought a set(265/65R17) at Kingsway last year for 119k. I thought they were overpriced but when you drive around you know this is not just any other tyre.

I have driven 4*4 fitted with Michelin and Bridgestone Dueler but for me, it will be BF Goodrich, any time.


119k or 19k


That could be the price. I have an invoice from Tyre express for a set of 4-Seasons size 225/55 R16 for 98K
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Aguytrying
#115 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:10:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 4,959
Im looking to buy tyres soon. Just read the whole thread.

1.My main concerns are tyres that can handle the rough roads of this country, though i live in Nairobi and rarely off road. Roads are generally bad and potholes.

2. Handling, performance and breaking. im looking for size 225/45 R17 or 205/55 R16

3. durability. wear. at least 40,000 kms which for me is about 3 years.

any suggestions thanks.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Forester
#116 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:20:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/7/2010
Posts: 471
Location: Epicentre - Ngamia 1
Aguytrying wrote:
Im looking to buy tyres soon. Just read the whole thread.

1.My main concerns are tyres that can handle the rough roads of this country, though i live in Nairobi and rarely off road. Roads are generally bad and potholes.

2. Handling, performance and breaking. im looking for size 225/45 R17 or 205/55 R16

3. durability. wear. at least 40,000 kms which for me is about 3 years.

any suggestions thanks.


Rough roads and that tyre size are parallel so forget it! Look for a higher profile >50.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
K22
#117 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 8:06:58 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/12/2008
Posts: 424
Location: illobi
Any reviews for Achilles Desert Hawk AT (225/65/17)? Yana tyre center have a very good offer, buy 3 get 1 free d'oh!

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
smitha
#118 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:14:33 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/10/2013
Posts: 36
Anyone know of the current prices for 195/65/15 tyres?
Ngogoyo
#119 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:35:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/22/2011
Posts: 432
Location: House
smitha wrote:
Anyone know of the current prices for 195/65/15 tyres?


am sure we have a supplier or agent for some of these tyre centres here in Wazua

Why don't they post a list of prices for various sizes/types
enyands
#120 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:41:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,206
Location: kenya
Ngogoyo wrote:
smitha wrote:
Anyone know of the current prices for 195/65/15 tyres?


am sure we have a supplier or agent for some of these tyre centres here in Wazua

Why don't they post a list of prices for various sizes/types


Hata mimi Natafuta 195h/65/17R
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
7 Pages«<4567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.