Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Jul 18, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2659]
Transcentury vs Kenya Power [58]
KCB and NBK material announcement [163]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [323]
SGR officially dead. What next? [107]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13264]
Sunset Boulevard vs Everest Park [48]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [37]
Bitcoin: Best app to use for transactions [7]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [249]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1116]
411 on dividend and AGM [681]
Safaricom, Equity Bank Ethiopian Connection [43]
Mobile Loans Ponzi [184]
UAP OLD Mutual FY2018 Loss of ksh.480mn [12]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
1/4 Acre for Sale - Nkoroi
wukan
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:39:44 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,126
FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

If one doesn't know something, it is okay not to comment.


They were demanding USD 300,000/=d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Ok...let me hold my peace
hardwood
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:19:07 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,920
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

If one doesn't know something, it is okay not to comment.


They were demanding USD 300,000/=d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Ok...let me hold my peace


Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House construction cost 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence or razor wire 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids/SQ 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 55m. Thus each person should have been paid about 55m before demolition.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
Angelica _ann
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:46:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,547
hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

If one doesn't know something, it is okay not to comment.


They were demanding USD 300,000/=d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Ok...let me hold my peace


Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House value 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50.5m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 56m. Thus each person should have been paid about 56m before demolition.



Plus emotional adjustment, forced change of environment, inconvenience etc. The compensation value of the forced acquisition should be beyond the commercial value of the land plus structures therein.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,077
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

If one doesn't know something, it is okay not to comment.


They were demanding USD 300,000/=d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Ok...let me hold my peace


Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House value 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50.5m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 56m. Thus each person should have been paid about 56m before demolition.



Plus emotional adjustment, forced change of environment, inconvenience etc. The compensation value of the forced acquisition should be beyond the commercial value of the land plus structures therein.



True... I have a few friends affected...One decided to take the cash and moved... (interestingly he had moved into the area not so long ago) ...The others stayed put...Very sad state of affairs...
possunt quia posse videntur
wukan
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:05 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,126
ooops didn't realize this was a dustbowl neighborhood whatsapp group until I say this thread. Mea culpaPray

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=36547
hardwood
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:32:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,920
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
wukan wrote:
ooops didn't realize this was a dustbowl neighborhood whatsapp group until I say this thread. Mea culpaPray



Just stick to kirinyaga road bedsitter matters. Hii maneno ya nkoroi is beyond your capacity.
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.