Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Banks Stealing IP? [2]
Safaricom MALI. [30]
KenGen HY 2019 [312]
Centum half year result 2019/2020 [41]
Uchumi - A value play? [441]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1301]
Coop Bank 2019 [68]
ARM Cement HY18 [159]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14123]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [142]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2094]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [116]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [203]
East African Cables [39]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2039]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

66 Pages«<63646566>
Treasury Bills and Bonds
AndyC
#1281 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:16:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 125
Another 'market rate determined'treasury bond on sale.
maka
#1282 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:30:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,247
Location: Nairobi
AndyC wrote:
Another 'market rate determined'treasury bond on sale.


What happened to the Google group? I can be posting the weekly implied yields that can help you guys gauge where to get in during the primaries....
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1283 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:41:03 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 9
C. Rate @12.28% Pray
AndyC
#1284 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:00:19 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 125
Esstiko wrote:
C. Rate @12.28% Pray


A net of 11.052%

The hunger is real yet they keep rates low!
https://www.businessdail...356414-4ot5ux/index.html
Ericsson
#1285 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 1:32:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
T-Bill rates SOAR on interest rate cap removal amidst HEAVY underperformance:

91-day from 6.680% last auction to 7.131% (92.86% performance)

182-day from 7.774% last auction to 8.215% (38.48% performance)

364-day from 9.784% last auction to 9.804% (59.23% performance)
passiveinvestor
#1286 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 10:18:23 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/8/2006
Posts: 84
Ericsson wrote:
T-Bill rates SOAR on interest rate cap removal amidst HEAVY underperformance:

91-day from 6.680% last auction to 7.131% (92.86% performance)

182-day from 7.774% last auction to 8.215% (38.48% performance)

364-day from 9.784% last auction to 9.804% (59.23% performance)

very disturbing....especially the underperformance. The market is signalling a major increase in medium to longer term rates. Even the 10 yr. was at 77% performance, 12.3% coupon.
watesh
#1287 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 10:57:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 760
Location: Kenya
passiveinvestor wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
T-Bill rates SOAR on interest rate cap removal amidst HEAVY underperformance:

91-day from 6.680% last auction to 7.131% (92.86% performance)

182-day from 7.774% last auction to 8.215% (38.48% performance)

364-day from 9.784% last auction to 9.804% (59.23% performance)

very disturbing....especially the underperformance. The market is signalling a major increase in medium to longer term rates. Even the 10 yr. was at 77% performance, 12.3% coupon.


Banks are not participating as much as they used to since they can get a higher return elsewhere
MatataMingi
#1288 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 4:52:43 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 345
Location: Where everyone knows you
Investors don't seem too interested in longer term Bonds.

CBK should offer a 2 or 3 year Bond.
It would be oversubscribed.
Ericsson
#1289 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 6:27:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
MatataMingi wrote:
Investors don't seem too interested in longer term Bonds.

CBK should offer a 2 or 3 year Bond.
It would be oversubscribed.

Nobody is thinking long term for the Kenyan economy apart from Gok
maka
#1290 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 8:48:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,247
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Investors don't seem too interested in longer term Bonds.

CBK should offer a 2 or 3 year Bond.
It would be oversubscribed.

Nobody is thinking long term for the Kenyan economy apart from Gok


The problem is that the average tenor of the existing bonds is too short creating pressure on repayments.... Last time I checked it was like 4.56 yrs... I would love if they opened SDB 1/2011/30 one of my favorite papers...Then you get it at a sweet discount that's proper money when you trade it....
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1291 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:05:49 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 9
AndyC wrote:
[quote=Esstiko]C. Rate @12.28% Pray


A net of 11.052%

The hunger is real yet they keep rates low!
https://www.businessdail...56414-4ot5ux/index.html[/quote]

Is this supposed to be the Dec issue?
maka
#1292 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:24:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,247
Location: Nairobi
Esstiko wrote:
AndyC wrote:
[quote=Esstiko]C. Rate @12.28% Pray


A net of 11.052%

The hunger is real yet they keep rates low!
https://www.businessdail...56414-4ot5ux/index.html[/quote]

Is this supposed to be the Dec issue?


We will still have another issue....
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1293 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 1:53:18 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 9
Shame on you Five years (:
MatataMingi
#1294 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2019 3:01:49 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 345
Location: Where everyone knows you
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks
slick
#1295 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 11:01:46 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/1/2017
Posts: 31
We should be grateful that Bond yields in Kenya are still positive.

Bond yields in Europe and Japan are negative.Its such a joke.17 trillion of global bonds are in negative territory ie 1/4 of the global bond market.US bonds not doing much better with US 10 Year treasury note yielding a paltry 1.7%
maka
#1296 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 11:33:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,247
Location: Nairobi
MatataMingi wrote:
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks



Thereabout;

1/2009/15 .... 1773 days to maturity with a coupon of 12.50% is trading at 11.1375%

1/2010/15 .... 1927 days to maturity with a coupon of 10.25% is trading at 11.1813%
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1297 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 6:15:26 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 6/5/2019
Posts: 9
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks



Thereabout;

1/2009/15 .... 1773 days to maturity with a coupon of 12.50% is trading at 11.1375%

1/2010/15 .... 1927 days to maturity with a coupon of 10.25% is trading at

11.1813%


Where can one follow these statistics? @Maka?
maka
#1298 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 6:26:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,247
Location: Nairobi
Esstiko wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks



Thereabout;

1/2009/15 .... 1773 days to maturity with a coupon of 12.50% is trading at 11.1375%

1/2010/15 .... 1927 days to maturity with a coupon of 10.25% is trading at

11.1813%


Where can one follow these statistics? @Maka?



Ask NSE to be sending you week end implied yields or your broker...Ama weka email I will be forwarding to you...smile
possunt quia posse videntur
passiveinvestor
#1299 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 9:21:00 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/8/2006
Posts: 84
MatataMingi wrote:
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks

the last 364 days was undersubscribed. I expect 12%
Angelica _ann
#1300 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 10:19:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,980
passiveinvestor wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
So,we have a 5 year bond in December !!
Considering that the 364 days T.Bill is already approaching 10%,
I think this is likely to have a coupon rate of about 11.5%.
Any thoughts from the board Gurus ???
Thanks

the last 364 days was undersubscribed. I expect 12%


Not with Opus Dei in-charge. Let us compare notes after. Rate will be below 11.5%
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Users browsing this topic
Guest
66 Pages«<63646566>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.