Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Dec 15, 2017
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Do we have any pilot in Wazua? [11]
Resignation Notice While on Leave [6]
Food Truck Business [15]
Cytonn Investments [445]
Selling Unaitas Shares [37]
Urithi Housing Sacco [129]
KUSCO Housing Fund [22]
stima investment cooperative [96]
What is your experience with Suraya? [17]
Driving Licence Renewal After 7 Years [2]
Looking for a sacco to join [33]
Kenya USA Diaspora Sacco [2]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [44]
Kimisitu Sacco [20]
Agribusiness: Gated Farming [7]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<171819
Safaricom Investment Cooperative
murchr
#361 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 9:21:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
Mainat wrote:
Time is a precious commodity these days. Haven't been able to follow penny stocks for a while. Moved to fx after successfully playing the GBP down. It's actually fun because you don't have to rely on a broker.
Would advise you try especially now that Drump's presidency will almost increase currency vol for the foreseeable future.

murchr wrote:
Mainat wrote:
@pirate, thanks. what about safaricom


@Mainat, I know you follow the money religiously so am abit shocked you aint in these buses. smile Anyway, what's you quick money penny stock this 1/4? 2016 has not been very kind.




Asante!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#362 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:21:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/15/2015
Posts: 726
Mainat wrote:
Time is a precious commodity these days. Haven't been able to follow penny stocks for a while. Moved to fx after successfully playing the GBP down. It's actually fun because you don't have to rely on a broker.
Would advise you try especially now that Drump's presidency will almost increase currency vol for the foreseeable future.

murchr wrote:
Mainat wrote:
@pirate, thanks. what about safaricom


@Mainat, I know you follow the money religiously so am abit shocked you aint in these buses. smile Anyway, what's you quick money penny stock this 1/4? 2016 has not been very kind.




uh? come again ...
tinker
#363 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:46:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 171
Location: Nairobi
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Pirate
#364 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:15:24 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 75
tinker wrote:
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.


Might be tricky to get the information , unless you attend and ask at the AGM .
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
murchr
#365 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2017 5:36:41 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
Admin & Personel expenses almost doubled. Yawa as much as team building is important doubling the cost YoY is too much.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
enyands
#366 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:08:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,243
Location: kenya
Pirate wrote:
tinker wrote:
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.


Might be tricky to get the information , unless you attend and ask at the AGM .


OK it's good they have released they statement on time . Now being a layman I can't understand all those jugons stated there . All I'm looking for is profit after tax 2015=? And 2016=?.

Looking for PAT is like looking for needle in a haystack.

Pirate summarize for me please:what's the % profit they made and also how much dividends is being proposed.
patrazi
#367 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 8:47:22 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/18/2012
Posts: 76
enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
tinker wrote:
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.


Might be tricky to get the information , unless you attend and ask at the AGM .


OK it's good they have released they statement on time . Now being a layman I can't understand all those jugons stated there . All I'm looking for is profit after tax 2015=? And 2016=?.

Looking for PAT is like looking for needle in a haystack.

Pirate summarize for me please:what's the % profit they made and also how much dividends is being proposed.

Proposed rebates 21% as compared to last year's 25%.
enyands
#368 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:43:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,243
Location: kenya
patrazi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
tinker wrote:
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.


Might be tricky to get the information , unless you attend and ask at the AGM .


OK it's good they have released they statement on time . Now being a layman I can't understand all those jugons stated there . All I'm looking for is profit after tax 2015=? And 2016=?.

Looking for PAT is like looking for needle in a haystack.

Pirate summarize for me please:what's the % profit they made and also how much dividends is being proposed.

Proposed rebates 21% as compared to last year's 25%.

.thanks
BGL
#369 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:47:12 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,171
The AGM is next Saturday 25.02.2017 @Pride center Westlands next to Graafins College.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
BGL
#370 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:52:57 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,171
BGL will be there.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
Pirate
#371 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 9:21:57 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 75
enyands wrote:
patrazi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
tinker wrote:
As I was going through their released 2016 audited accounts,
I saw "Kiserian Shopping Mall/ Apartments" in land Held for
housing section. Being a resident of Kiserian, I was interested to know exactly where this property is located in Kiserian.
Any one in the know, please share.


Might be tricky to get the information , unless you attend and ask at the AGM .


OK it's good they have released they statement on time . Now being a layman I can't understand all those jugons stated there . All I'm looking for is profit after tax 2015=? And 2016=?.

Looking for PAT is like looking for needle in a haystack.

Pirate summarize for me please:what's the % profit they made and also how much dividends is being proposed.

Proposed rebates 21% as compared to last year's 25%.

.thanks


Slight correction: PAT 2015/16 were 29% and 25% respectively. The Rebates were 25% and 21% respectively
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
murchr
#372 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:14:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
BGL wrote:
BGL will be there.


How's the going?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
eco
#373 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 4:42:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/17/2011
Posts: 229
Share price moves to KES 525 (being 21%*435), up from 435 in 2016.

New individual Members application fee increased from KES 10,000 to 20,000

Groups Membership application’s fee increased from KES 30,000 to 50,000 and minimum shares of 300 per group.
murchr
#374 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 5:50:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
tinker
#375 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:17:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 171
Location: Nairobi
murchr wrote:
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?


This project'Top Farm' was discontinued.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
murchr
#376 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:22:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
tinker wrote:
murchr wrote:
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?


This project'Top Farm' was discontinued.


Oh really? Any reasons given? Was the farm sold?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Pirate
#377 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:57:34 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 75
murchr wrote:
tinker wrote:
murchr wrote:
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?


This project'Top Farm' was discontinued.


Oh really? Any reasons given? Was the farm sold?


They were doing french beans and had signed a contract with some company for export. Turns out farming wasn,t easy and made a loss of 3m. They have taken a step back from farming to re-assess and restratergize
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
murchr
#378 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 5:23:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 11,861
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
tinker wrote:
murchr wrote:
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?


This project'Top Farm' was discontinued.


Oh really? Any reasons given? Was the farm sold?


They were doing french beans and had signed a contract with some company for export. Turns out farming wasn,t easy and made a loss of 3m. They have taken a step back from farming to re-assess and restratergize


Thanks Pirate!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
yosie14
#379 Posted : Saturday, March 04, 2017 11:35:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/17/2013
Posts: 116
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
tinker wrote:
murchr wrote:
I never hear much about Top Farm, what are they growing/keeping?


This project'Top Farm' was discontinued.


Oh really? Any reasons given? Was the farm sold?


They were doing french beans and had signed a contract with some company for export. Turns out farming wasn,t easy and made a loss of 3m. They have taken a step back from farming to re-assess and restratergize


Haha, farming is not for the fainthearted! I pity guys who buy plot in the middle of nowhere in the promise that they will get greenhouse farming done for them@ the comfort of their homes.
KCB,NMG,PAFR
josimar
#380 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 12:08:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2010
Posts: 242

Is there anyone who has visited or purchased their plot site of Adbreeze Kimuka ? Wanted to hear views of the vicinity.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
19 Pages«<171819
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.