Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Aug 25, 2019
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Holidays in Mombasa [5]
stima investment cooperative [135]
Cytonn Investments [633]
Urithi Housing Sacco [184]
Being a professional trader takes time [1]
A new source of Forex Learning [1]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [275]
investment group !!! [1]
Stock Market in Uganda [3]
investor from Poland - a request for help and info... [4]
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [406]
How true is FEP?? [183]
Retirement schemes fund managers audit [3]
What is your experience with Suraya? [26]
Land Layby Kenya Limited [4]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

60 Pages123>»
UNAITAS
BGL
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:37:09 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,207
Adopted from the star newspaper

Muramati renamed, set to roll out countrywide

Muramati Savings and Credit Co-operatives yesterday changed its identity to Unaitas as part of its re-branding in readiness for countrywide expansion and planned listing at the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The 19 year old SACCO had its operations concentrated in Central province with its base in Murang'a town. Outside the central region, Muramati has outlets in Nairobi and Kajiado having grown from a membership of less than 4,000 to more than 140,000 and an asset base in excess of Sh2.8 billion by 2011.

The SACCO Chief executive Tony Mwangi said their objectives include listing at the Nairobi Securities Exchange and spreading their operations to as many African countries as possible. He said they have invested Sh200 million in land around the Konza ICT city with the hope reaping maximum benefits when the city is fully developed. He said they are also drafting their own credit reference books to informally share with banks before a framework to include SACCOs and microfinance institutions in the credit referencing scope is formulated.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
mkeiyd
#2 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 5:07:26 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 1,182
I saw the re-branded [if that's what it is] and i must say i was worried a lil' bit fearing the worst.
Thanks for the info above.
hobbit
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:02:03 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/25/2011
Posts: 88
Wise steps taken as long as the management is well focused...
youcan'tstopusnow
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:18:33 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
BGL, where can I get the financial reports of this company? I can't seem to find it on the company website.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Horton
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:38:39 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,445
Location: Nairobi
.
youcan'tstopusnow
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 1:13:25 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
Oh, I already saw your answer in a related thread. Thanks.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Horton
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:19:29 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,445
Location: Nairobi
Hey. Proud owner of muramati.....sorry..... Unaitas shares:)
Hunderwear
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:59:01 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/14/2011
Posts: 639
Horton wrote:
Hey. Proud owner of muramati.....sorry..... Unaitas shares:)



Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause =d

Welcome brother lets build home grown enterprises and take kenya to where it belongs.Please invite your friends also
essyk
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:33:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 11/15/2011
Posts: 4,429
I am following suit.
I never knew it existed but after checking their website and understanding it well? I' d rather hv my money there than in a bank growing moulds.

Am also doing aware with my safcom shares and deposit in unaitas.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Kenyan Oracle
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:02:59 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 151
Mimi niko ndani. Just joined. I was quite impressed with their strategies & the new look. They've opened a branch in Kasarani & soon Nakuru. Don't want to be left out in the next Equity or CIC. Have a feeling this is gonna be BIG.
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
Hunderwear
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:47:35 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/14/2011
Posts: 639


I am following suit.
I never knew it existed but after checking their website and understanding it well? I' d rather hv my money there than in a bank growing moulds.

Am also doing aware with my safcom shares and deposit in unaitas

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
Mimi niko ndani. Just joined. I was quite impressed with their strategies & the new look. They've opened a branch in Kasarani & soon Nakuru. Don't want to be left out in the next Equity or CIC. Have a feeling this is gonna be BIG.


Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Welcome!!!!
bird_man
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:52:57 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/2/2006
Posts: 1,202
Location: Nairobi
But when are they listing or when might share prices on OTC move up?No need to put your 10sh in there now for the next 4yrs if it will still be 10sh!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
gatoho
#13 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 4:54:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/1/2010
Posts: 504
Location: kandara, Murang'a
bird_man wrote:
But when are they listing or when might share prices on OTC move up?No need to put your 10sh in there now for the next 4yrs if it will still be 10sh!



Ngonja ngonja Huumiza matumbo, You still have 9% divindeds which in IMO is not too shabby instead of playing Brinkmanship


They are on twirra too @unaitas
Foresight..
King G
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:31:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2012
Posts: 3,855
Location: Othumo
I have dealt with Mwangi before, bright nice chap. I hope he creates wealth!
Thieves
popat
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:39:01 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/2/2009
Posts: 299
Location: kenya
My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.
t-godd
#16 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 6:37:24 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/14/2010
Posts: 28
Location: Limuru
popat wrote:
My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.


Problem is when they hit the OTC, prices might be much higher than they currently are. I just wish the company would be more open to investors and potential investors in terms of financial reports. @BGL, you had previously intimated that you are able to obtain information from the inner circle if you need it. Were you successful?
L-TOWNS OWN SINCE '90
BGL
#17 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 6:50:52 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/11/2009
Posts: 1,207
t-godd wrote:
popat wrote:
My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.


Problem is when they hit the OTC, prices might be much higher than they currently are. I just wish the company would be more open to investors and potential investors in terms of financial reports. @BGL, you had previously intimated that you are able to obtain information from the inner circle if you need it. Were you successful?


No! unfortunately.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
t-godd
#18 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 7:30:28 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/14/2010
Posts: 28
Location: Limuru
BGL wrote:
t-godd wrote:
popat wrote:
My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.


Problem is when they hit the OTC, prices might be much higher than they currently are. I just wish the company would be more open to investors and potential investors in terms of financial reports. @BGL, you had previously intimated that you are able to obtain information from the inner circle if you need it. Were you successful?


No! unfortunately.


Okay. Thank you for replying.
L-TOWNS OWN SINCE '90
georgegop
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:49:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/30/2010
Posts: 182
Location: Migingo
CMA approves Unaitas Sacco’s share offer http://www.businessdaily...62/-/5mqb9l/-/index.html
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
eco
#20 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 11:27:08 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/17/2011
Posts: 229
[quote=georgegop]CMA approves Unaitas Sacco’s share offer http://www.businessdaily...2/-/5mqb9l/-/index.html[/quote]

Time to board this bus at 10 bob. With CMA watching, UNAITAS can now sell shares and expand further, then lock the register a while later and go to OTC to unlock the value. A Bank in the making indeed.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
60 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.