Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Apr 24, 2017
NellyData
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1747]
Deacons FY16 disaster [16]
Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business [52]
Law Capping interest rates [1960]
Centum [246]
Barclays NewGold ETF [3]
Safaricom HY17 [78]
How the Stock Market Works :- Dummies Edition. [6]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [1269]
directional forecast [1124]
HFCK DOSSIER....implications to investors... [32]
Tatu City Latest [16]
Equity Bank FY 2016 results [64]
The KenolKobil 2015 pendulum [1472]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [154]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages<1234>»
Kenya Economy Watch
youcan'tstopusnow
#21 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 12:24:38 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
mwekez@ji wrote:
Kenya, Rwanda race for middle-income status



Kenya and Rwanda are the only East African countries expected to reach middle-income status by 2025, financial consulting firm Ernst & Young has predicted.

The E&Y projection is based on Kenya’s high foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows, infrastructure development and a diversified economy which has set a basis for rapid growth.

Surprised they don't think UG will make it, mafuta and all. But I think the growth rates they are using are very conservative.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#22 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 12:27:54 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
Inflation numbers to be released today, sio?
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
mwekez@ji
#23 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 1:33:03 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Kenya, Rwanda race for middle-income status



Kenya and Rwanda are the only East African countries expected to reach middle-income status by 2025, financial consulting firm Ernst & Young has predicted.

The E&Y projection is based on Kenya’s high foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows, infrastructure development and a diversified economy which has set a basis for rapid growth.

Surprised they don't think UG will make it, mafuta and all. But I think the growth rates they are using are very conservative.


Yeah, those growth rates are very conservative .... Wondering about UG but then M7 come to mind
youcan'tstopusnow
#24 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 6:13:17 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Inflation numbers to be released today, sio?

Kenya's inflation rate fell to 4.05 percent in the year to May from 4.14 percent a month before, confounding expectations of a rise and opening the way for lower interest rates to support the economy.
http://news.yahoo.com/ke...4-05-pct-105135508.html
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
mwekez@ji
#25 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 9:52:42 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Inflation numbers to be released today, sio?

Kenya's inflation rate fell to 4.05 percent in the year to May from 4.14 percent a month before, confounding expectations of a rise and opening the way for lower interest rates to support the economy. http://news.yahoo.com/kenya-inf...-4-05-pct-105135508.html


... and the month on month inflation now stands at a low 0.17% smile http://www.knbs.or.ke/cpi/cpi052013.pdf
youcan'tstopusnow
#26 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 11:04:43 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Kenya, Rwanda race for middle-income status



Kenya and Rwanda are the only East African countries expected to reach middle-income status by 2025, financial consulting firm Ernst & Young has predicted.

The E&Y projection is based on Kenya’s high foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows, infrastructure development and a diversified economy which has set a basis for rapid growth.

Surprised they don't think UG will make it, mafuta and all. But I think the growth rates they are using are very conservative.


Yeah, those growth rates are very conservative .... Wondering about UG but then M7 come to mind


Uganda's government can expect to earn $50 billion on behalf of its 35 million strong population from reserves already discovered over the lifetime of the fields, Tullow said - almost three years' worth of its $17 billion gross domestic product (GDP).
http://uk.mobile.reuters...0EA47I20130531?irpc=932
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
mwekez@ji
#27 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 10:41:39 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
Tullow’s Sh600m tax to Treasury signals oil windfall >>> http://www.businessdailyafrica....28/-/ev8o1h/-/index.html
mwekez@ji
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:20:30 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
Kenya central bank sees credit growth gathering pace

Kenya's central bank expects commercial lending rates to fall and the pace of private sector credit growth to pick up this year as the economy rebounds from an election-related slowdown, its governor said on Tuesday.

An aggressive tightening of monetary policy to tackle rampant inflation that began in mid-2011, and a slowdown in economic activity ahead of the presidential vote in March saw annual credit growth fall to about 12 per cent in February from 35 per cent in late 2011.

After the poll's disputed outcome was settled peacefully in court and not violently on the streets as happened five years ago, the government now expects economic growth to accelerate to 6 per cent this year from 4.6 per cent last.
hisah
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:23:10 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
mwekez@ji wrote:
Kenya central bank sees credit growth gathering pace

Kenya's central bank expects commercial lending rates to fall and the pace of private sector credit growth to pick up this year as the economy rebounds from an election-related slowdown, its governor said on Tuesday.

An aggressive tightening of monetary policy to tackle rampant inflation that began in mid-2011, and a slowdown in economic activity ahead of the presidential vote in March saw annual credit growth fall to about 12 per cent in February from 35 per cent in late 2011.

After the poll's disputed outcome was settled peacefully in court and not violently on the streets as happened five years ago, the government now expects economic growth to accelerate to 6 per cent this year from 4.6 per cent last.

More liquidity flood gates smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mwekez@ji
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:29:31 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
hisah wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Kenya central bank sees credit growth gathering pace

Kenya's central bank expects commercial lending rates to fall and the pace of private sector credit growth to pick up this year as the economy rebounds from an election-related slowdown, its governor said on Tuesday.

An aggressive tightening of monetary policy to tackle rampant inflation that began in mid-2011, and a slowdown in economic activity ahead of the presidential vote in March saw annual credit growth fall to about 12 per cent in February from 35 per cent in late 2011.

After the poll's disputed outcome was settled peacefully in court and not violently on the streets as happened five years ago, the government now expects economic growth to accelerate to 6 per cent this year from 4.6 per cent last.

More liquidity flood gates smile


Very good for the NSE bulls smile
hisah
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:28:34 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
WB says strong KES bad for KE econ - http://www.businessdaily...1/-/8fpm7l/-/index.html

What a nonsense article.

Devaluation of a net importing nation currency will not solve the current account deficit issue. Realigning the fiscal policies that will balance out the current sectoral econ imbalances will do the trick. Boost manufacturing & agri-econ esp SMEs through special economic zones. Then let the magic work itself out.

Foreign inflows are propping up KES... Seriously? Foreign inflows acting like CBK? Is GoK supposed to tell the foreign investors to take their funds elsewhere?!

Btw what are distribution stats for the BD paper? Any sales figures for the last 3 - 5yrs? Trying to see the readership growth or decline.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
murchr
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:38:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 10,691
hisah wrote:
WB says strong KES bad for KE econ - http://www.businessdaily...1/-/8fpm7l/-/index.html

What a nonsense article.

Devaluation of a net importing nation currency will not solve the current account deficit issue. Realigning the fiscal policies that will balance out the current sectoral econ imbalances will do the trick. Boost manufacturing & agri-econ esp SMEs through special economic zones. Then let the magic work itself out.

Foreign inflows are propping up KES... Seriously? Foreign inflows acting like CBK? Is GoK supposed to tell the foreign investors to take their funds elsewhere?!

Btw what are distribution stats for the BD paper? Any sales figures for the last 3 - 5yrs? Trying to see the readership growth or decline.


These reporters seem to not have anything to write these days. The articles are bogus little or no research in them.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
symbols
#33 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 4:19:11 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2013
Posts: 2,552
Still not convinced.Seems we are still trying to figure out the game and instead of charting our own path.
hisah
#34 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 1:23:08 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
Stratlink Africa downgrades KE political risk rating - http://www.businessdaily.../-/m3oy5gz/-/index.html

Good for the econ, but would take their NSE bull bias for now with a pinch of salt. That bias is signalling toppishness in the short term...

http://www.businessdaily...4/-/m3oy5gz/-/index.html
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mwekez@ji
#35 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 10:04:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
hisah wrote:
Stratlink Africa downgrades KE political risk rating - http://www.businessdailyafrica..../-/m3oy5gz/-/index.html

Good for the econ, but would take their NSE bull bias for now with a pinch of salt. That bias is signalling toppishness in the short term...



@hisah, derisking of Kenya calls for an NSE bull. I like how they put it:

“We now expect to see the index rise and stay above the 5,100 point mark in the next few weeks,” said Stratlink.

hisah
#36 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 11:49:31 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
mwekez@ji wrote:
hisah wrote:
Stratlink Africa downgrades KE political risk rating - http://www.businessdailyafrica..../-/m3oy5gz/-/index.html

Good for the econ, but would take their NSE bull bias for now with a pinch of salt. That bias is signalling toppishness in the short term...



@hisah, derisking of Kenya calls for an NSE bull. I like how they put it:

“We now expect to see the index rise and stay above the 5,100 point mark in the next few weeks,” said Stratlink.


That is the toppish statement I was talking about. 5000 has failed to crack on 4 attempts this year. Should this 5th attempt fail with all that volume and that tight triangle compression between 4860 - 5000, the selloff will shock the bulls.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
youcan'tstopusnow
#37 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 3:23:05 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 6,779
Location: Black Africa
Cortec Mining Kenya Ltd is set to build a factory in
Mrima Hill in Kwale County for processing of niobium and other rare earths, bringing the Sh12.8 billion project closer to realisation.
The deposit is
considered world class and ranks amongst the top six in the world.
The government has elevated mining from a departmental office to a full ministry, underlining the prospects of the industry.
http://www.businessdaily...-/158j4v2z/-/index.html
Mining will no doubt be a key sector.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
hisah
#38 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 3:42:18 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
CBK wrote:
This week the Central Bank of Kenya offered 91-day Treasury Bills for a total of Kshs. 2 Billion. The total number of bids received was 180 amounting to Kshs 4.74 Billion, representing a subscription of 237%. Total bids accepted amounted to Kshs. 4.74 Billion. The market weighted average rate was 5.424%, and the weighted average of accepted bids which will be applied for non-competitive bids was 5.424% down from 6.721% in the previous auction.


Down by 129bps.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mwekez@ji
#39 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 5:47:08 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,013
hisah wrote:
CBK wrote:
This week the Central Bank of Kenya offered 91-day Treasury Bills for a total of Kshs. 2 Billion. The total number of bids received was 180 amounting to Kshs 4.74 Billion, representing a subscription of 237%. Total bids accepted amounted to Kshs. 4.74 Billion. The market weighted average rate was 5.424%, and the weighted average of accepted bids which will be applied for non-competitive bids was 5.424% down from 6.721% in the previous auction.


Down by 129bps.


Down to 5.424% smile

Good consolation for NSE bulls now that global markets are looking bad
hisah
#40 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:20:17 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,823
Price down yet the oil shortage looms as KPRL and OMC faceoff... The politricks will be clear soon.

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
71 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.