Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jan 21, 2018
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [688]
Raila's Inauguration 12.12.2017 [204]
POTUS TRUMP [717]
SGR Progress thus far [1079]
What is FGM really ? [14]
KNH is not for the faint hearted [88]
Brayan Laboso [5]
",Shitholes ofthe world [6]
Politics of Water in Nairobi [30]
2017/18 English Premier League [80]
Kweli dunia ni mviringo [9]
AMERICA FEDERAL GOVT SHUTDOWN [1]
Other religious discourse [669]
Tom Mboya , Luthuli and Ronald Ngala streets too ... [11]
Disband NTSA immediately! [47]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
religion demystified
hamburglar
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 6:31:11 AM

Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Let people believe what their convictions are, in the fullness of time all will be revealed.
My Logic reasoning
1. God + believe = Heaven gain
2. No God + Believe = Loss for everyone
3. No God + No belief = Loss for everyone
4. God + No belief = Loss for those who don't believe.

Conclusion: I would rather believe on what does not exist than disbelief and find out i was wrong

Pascal's Wager? it's a pretty good thought process....
except when you realize 'God' is your 'God' and that title is not exactly some other person's 'God' - right?

now look outside yourself to someone in another belief system:
a Hindu in Nepal:
Logic reasoning
1. (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + believe = Nirvana gain
2. No (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + Believe = Loss for everyone
3. No (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + No belief = Loss for everyone
4. (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + No belief = Loss for those who don't believe.

To him - the Wager works - right? Let's match the best outcomes (1 and 4)

1) God + believe = (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + believe = Heaven gain
4) God + No belief = (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + No belief = Loss for those who don't believe.

so... we can deduce that God = (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin). we just picked 2 out of the around 4,200 CONFIDENT religions. how does that math play out?

My neighbor calls his God Mungu, the other Enkai while another Allah. Just like some will call you Ma-Kales, ma-thokoma etc does it change who you are?

2 questions
1) is your God synonymous with Vishnu? i.e. is Vishnu ( or Thor or Jupiter or Zeus) God?
2) is are acts of obedience towards/belief to Vishnu ( or Thor or Jupiter or Zeus) the same acts of obedience towards/belief towards God?

When describing a cow, those viewing it from the mouth might say 'If produces interesting liquids and solids' probably referring to the saliva and food crumbs. Those from the side might even go as far as 'One can even pet it' probably referring to the sweat. Bot fresh and dried. Those viewing it from the anus (And no I'm not saying this is where you choose to be) might not find te oter two people to be very amusing! Same cow.

Conjecture. You choose to argue on semantics. But when viewed in totality, God is God. He is who He is.

I look at an Indian and I see myself. A man with nose, a skin and hair like me. Never mind the genetic differences. Same thing when I look at a European and/or Hispanic. I can then conclude that the God that created them, is the same God that created me. That is what matters

Is this god that created you the same one that created mosquitoes? Well Mukiri, let Mr. God know that those little suckers are killing people unabated to the tune of 3 million folks a year with over 80% of those being kids. For such a miraculous man, how could he not see this coming? He must have f***ed up when he created mosquitoes and now doesn't want to uncreate them coz he is evil. I guess he enjoys seeing kids die a painful death every day inflicted by his masterful creation which he so carefully designed and even decided to throw in a whistling ability for his beloved mosquitoes. What is the whistling for, to let you know that death is imminent? What a douchebag, who does that? Lol.

Oh. And what the f*** did he create snakes for too? Exactly what was he thinking? Was he like "today am going to create some ugly reptiles and fill them with enough venom to kill dozens of men with one bite, it's going to be awesome, high fives for everybody, the first round is on me tonight". Really? Later that evening when akina Abraham and Moses were having a drink at their local, they must have been like, "what the f*** was that long venomous thing that the old man just created? Did you see when he created that one that can stand on its belly and spit venom into people's eyes? Goodness gracious, I think that old fart has definitely lost his mind."

This god guy has a very diabolical mind. I don't think he is well upstairs, he might be a few fries short of a happy meal. Lol.
Mukiri
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:08:15 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Let people believe what their convictions are, in the fullness of time all will be revealed.
My Logic reasoning

Conclusion: I would rather believe on what does not exist than disbelief and find out i was wrong

except when you realize 'God' is your 'God' and that title is not exactly some other person's 'God' - right?

a Hindu in Nepal:
Logic reasoning

4) God + No belief = (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin) + No belief = Loss for those who don't believe.

so... we can deduce that God = (Vishnu + Shiva + Brahmin). we just picked 2 out of the around 4,200 CONFIDENT religions. how does that math play out?

My neighbor calls his God Mungu, the other Enkai while another Allah. Just like some will call you Ma-Kales, ma-thokoma etc does it change who you are?

2 questions
1) is your God synonymous with Vishnu? i.e. is Vishnu ( or Thor or Jupiter or Zeus) God?
2) is are acts of obedience towards/belief to Vishnu ( or Thor or Jupiter or Zeus) the same acts of obedience towards/belief towards God?

When describing a cow, those viewing it from the mouth might say 'If produces interesting liquids and solids' probably referring to the saliva and food crumbs. Those from the side might even go as far as 'One can even pet it' probably referring to the sweat. Bot fresh and dried. Those viewing it from the anus (And no I'm not saying this is where you choose to be) might not find te oter two people to be very amusing! Same cow.

Conjecture. You choose to argue on semantics. But when viewed in totality, God is God. He is who He is.

I look at an Indian and I see myself. A man with nose, a skin and hair like me. Never mind the genetic differences. Same thing when I look at a European and/or Hispanic. I can then conclude that the God that created them, is the same God that created me. That is what matters

Is this god that created you the same one that created mosquitoes? Well Mukiri, let Mr. God know that those little suckers are killing people unabated to the tune of 3 million folks a year with over 80% of those being kids. For such a miraculous man, how could he not see this coming? He must have f***ed up when he created mosquitoes and now doesn't want to uncreate them coz he is evil. I guess he enjoys seeing kids die a painful death every day inflicted by his masterful creation which he so carefully designed and even decided to throw in a whistling ability for his beloved mosquitoes. What is the whistling for, to let you know that death is imminent? What a douchebag, who does that? Lol.

Oh. And what the f*** did he create snakes for too? Exactly what was he thinking? Was he like "today am going to create some ugly reptiles and fill them with enough venom to kill dozens of men with one bite, it's going to be awesome, high fives for everybody, the first round is on me tonight". Really? Later that evening when akina Abraham and Moses were having a drink at their local, they must have been like, "what the f*** was that long venomous thing that the old man just created? Did you see when he created that one that can stand on its belly and spit venom into people's eyes? Goodness gracious, I think that old fart has definitely lost his mind."

This god guy has a very diabolical mind. I don't think he is well upstairs, he might be a few fries short of a happy meal. Lol.

Funny man. Was all that, a cry of 'I don't want to die'?

hehehe.. Death is inevitable, my fren. Pass that on to the cow or goat you feast on next. Or the pesky mosquito you are talking about, when you swat it.

Most religious folk embrace death. Take for instance we Bible followers... It is written John 14:1-6 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.” “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

The Bible even goes as far as to say this in Matthew 16:25 'For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.'
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great ~ Mark Twain
hamburglar
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:53:58 PM

Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
My Logic reasoning

a Hindu in Nepal:
Logic reasoning

2 questions

Funny man. Was all that, a cry of 'I don't want to die'?

hehehe.. Death is inevitable, my fren. Pass that on to the cow or goat you feast on next. Or the pesky mosquito you are talking about, when you swat it.

Most religious folk embrace death. Take for instance we Bible followers... It is written John 14:1-6 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.” “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

The Bible even goes as far as to say this in Matthew 16:25 'For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.'

Huh? d'oh! d'oh!