Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jul 23, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
IRAN v/s ISRAEL+USA WAR. [56]
Rotich Arrested. [65]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson [2]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [912]
BREXIT [219]
Piped cooking gas coming to a kitchen near you [18]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2163]
Punguza Mizigo Bill [30]
Where do they go? [5]
Nyama ya supermarket [60]
Weed! [122]
Car wash [6]
Future in Retail [8]
The glory of living with less [6]
The horror of Househelps. [8]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Name wrongly listed in Credit Reference Bureau
mjuaji wa stocks
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:00:46 PM

Dear Wazuans;

Just found out that i am listed in CRB.

The story goes that my details were wrongly forwarded by a certain fellow from my bank H/Q.

He did this by circulating a list of clients and instructing all branches to fill a particular column only and not the rest

The outcome was that even good customers whose loans were never defualted were forwarded by mistake.

This was in 2012

I approached another bank for some cash and this is when i discovered.

I have talked to my current bankers and they did advice it will be done in 5days - today is the deadline.

The new bankers are telling me t get 2 letters - one from my current bankers and another from crb - both stamped and signed -

Why this and anybody ever had this experience?

How does one go about?

What implications are there?

Thank you
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

maka
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:38:49 PM

If your name was wrongly forwarded the bank that did that should follow up on the matter...CRB are just following instructions from the bank...
possunt quia posse videntur
Msa Liti
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:40:12 PM

It happened to me with HELB and mind you am almost done with the loan.
What I did was to go there and have them write a letter to the CRB to delete my name.
HELB fwds a list to their CRB every morning so mine was done the following day.
I believe a similar process will follow for your bank. Talk to them. I donno whether CRBs issue letters but HELB gave me a copy.
There was no implication like, say, being charged more by the other bank.
King G
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:50:59 PM

Msa Liti wrote:
It happened to me with HELB and mind you am almost done with the loan.
What I did was to go there and have them write a letter to the CRB to delete my name.
HELB fwds a list to their CRB every morning so mine was done the following day.
I believe a similar process will follow for your bank. Talk to them. I donno whether CRBs issue letters but HELB gave me a copy.
There was no implication like, say, being charged more by the other bank.

So even me my name is there, how do i confirm that? But then again i have been getting loans from some mortgage company without stress ...what is.
Thieves
mjuaji wa stocks
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:54:33 PM

ok - it seems there will be no negative implications then!

I will revert back and let you know the outcome

At the moment am only annoyed by their pace of sorting it out

Cheers!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

CLK
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:37:05 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
Dear Wazuans;

Just found out that i am listed in CRB.

The story goes that my details were wrongly forwarded by a certain fellow from my bank H/Q.

He did this by circulating a list of clients and instructing all branches to fill a particular column only and not the rest

The outcome was that even good customers whose loans were never defualted were forwarded by mistake.

This was in 2012

I approached another bank for some cash and this is when i discovered.

I have talked to my current bankers and they did advice it will be done in 5days - today is the deadline.

The new bankers are telling me t get 2 letters - one from my current bankers and another from crb - both stamped and signed -

Why this and anybody ever had this experience?

How does one go about?

What implications are there?

Thank you

Sue!!
chemos
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:27:55 PM

Mjuaji..

Hebu make sure CRB deletes ur name completely from their list of defaulters and not just update their records that you have cleared ur loan.
If they only update their records stating that you have cleared ur loan then ur name will still be huko CRB for a period of 7 years and anytime u want to get a loan and the financial institution checks with CRB they will find ur name under defaulters who have cleared their debts. (this hurts ur credit rating in that utaonekana ur capable of poteaing with cash).

So like ur saying if your name was forwarded kimakosa make sure u insist they delete your records huko CRB completely and not just update the issue as cleared loan.

After they issue you with clearance certificate you can wait a week or so and then go to CRB again and ask for ur CRB status/records. This will confirm kama walitoa jina yako kabisa ama they just updated.

Thank me later... walinisumbua sana but ukikaa ngumu things will be ok. Hakuna kitu mbaya kama jina yako ikiwa huko... all banks will just think ur a potential defaulter hata kama umelipa deni zako...
washiku
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:36:10 PM

Kwani what is the process of sending someone's name to CRB? Isnt the bank supposed to inform the defaulter first? Either via sms, letter or sth?
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:01:34 PM

Wewe lipa madeni... smile

Anyway on a serious note, I heard that guys with HELB loans are top on the list?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
washiku
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:28:57 PM

murchr
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:26:12 PM

Who owns Transunion and Metropol?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
2Czar
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:38:07 PM

So what now ? You can't take any loans or something like that ? You really need to get it sorted it out or all that will accumulate itself like snowball and that's really it. How do you really want to solve this ? I am not sure anyway. Please make sense.