Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jul 19, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Where to stay in Lamu [14]
The money trail!!! [3]
10th Anniversary Mbuzi [68]
Hello Honorable Wazuans [5]
Punguza Mizigo Bill [13]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [158]
Esther Arunga's son dead...Pole! [145]
Nyama ya supermarket [37]
POTUS TRUMP [1351]
Kiambu County Accounts!! [61]
Nimeshikwo alcoblow..... [23]
Nairobi's Skyline [35]
Shocking! Kidero has stashed Ksh 1B in his account... [83]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2160]
Ken Okoth,MP Kibra..It shall be well [33]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages<1234>»
Just How Big the Universe is
masukuma
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:18:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
check up the meaning of the term 'sentience quotient'. human beings are SQ13. the reason we may have never made contact with others is because they may be to high on SQ and are not interested in us at all. in much the same way you would not try and make contact with a planet full of plants


Robert A. Freitas Jr wrote:
At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach in our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?


I agree, somewhat.

I am sure there are other 'heavenly' intelligences out there. In far better conditions than we are. With higher mental abilities and capacities. Unimaginable to the human mind.

Earth, or solar system, is in sort of a 'quarantine'. Lock-down.

That's for sure.

its possible that the 'observable universe' is a petri dish and we are the subjects of a gigantic experiment... WHO KNOWS!!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:31:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
check up the meaning of the term 'sentience quotient'. human beings are SQ13. the reason we may have never made contact with others is because they may be to high on SQ and are not interested in us at all. in much the same way you would not try and make contact with a planet full of plants


Robert A. Freitas Jr wrote:
At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach in our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?


I agree, somewhat.

I am sure there are other 'heavenly' intelligences out there. In far better conditions than we are. With higher mental abilities and capacities. Unimaginable to the human mind.

Earth, or solar system, is in sort of a 'quarantine'. Lock-down.

That's for sure.

I guess this is what has been postulated in sci-fi productions like star trek via ideas like the 'prime directive' - for those the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with it
Quote:
the Star Trek Prime Directive (PD) is a non-interference policy that applies to civilizations who have yet to develop the capacity for warp speed. The policy dictates that there be no interference with the natural development of any primitive society. No pre-warp culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or alien races, nor should the United Federation of Planets improve or change in any way the natural course of such a society, even if that change is well-intentioned and kept completely secret.


the idea is not far from plausibility as history has proven again and again that whenever mankind interferes with a less developed civilization, no matter how well intentioned that interference may be, the results are invariably disastrous.


but again - these are just our SQ13 minds at work - the truth may be astounding and unbearable
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Caramba
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:06:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/27/2010
Posts: 266
Location: Nairobi
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:
watched the presentation > MIND BLOWN!!!

Can't help but wonder:
- Are we the only planet with life forms?
- What if there are other planets with much much more superior beings than us out there?what do they even look like.
- Or.... maybe we are the most intelligent life form out there,but that just sounds like wishful thinking.
- And... @mukiri-if God created the heavens and the earth.... who created the other planets??Remember just a few centuries ago the church could not accept that the world was round let alone that we have other planets out there



That question, is what Fermi also asked - aka The Fermi paradox

Quote:
The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist.
However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.


I was postulating the same this morning and came to a conclusion that we are possibly looking at it all wrongly. Let me explain. In order for CARBON BASED LIFEFORMS LIKE US or like what is around us to exist in the way we exist we need to have a planet revolving around a star somewhere in a circumstellar habitable zone aka the goldilocks zone i.e. where its neither too hot or too cold. Water has to be liquid and thus given a few billion years its plausible that life can find its way. HOWEVER! who said that 'life' has to be carbon based?

who says that 'life' must require liquid water? the very base of life here is genetic (dna, rna) complex combinations of hydrogen, carbon, oxygen, nitrogen and phosphorus. who says that its not possible to have a different type of 'dna' that constitutes of different things? perhaps there is life elsewhere - not carbon based life forms. its possible that their goldilocks region is where nitogen is liquid or methene is liquid or some other thing.
we could have some other kind of life form a silicon based life form, a germanium based life form.
secondly, just because the billions of years of evolution created sentient lifeform like us - who says that redoing the same elsewhere would give the same? during the Hadean period - life was created and destoryed over and over again. if one of those cycles would have survived would it have ended up being as we know it?

.


@Magreens, hats off for a thought-provoking post.

Even here on earth, life has been found to exist in the ultra-hot lavas spewing from volcanos.
Pedes
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:16:31 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/30/2013
Posts: 652
Reminds me of the movie Prometheus. Scientist and a rich guy who venture out to space to try and see if they can meet and greet higher SQ's, some of them even referred to them as humans' maker.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
limanika
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:35:34 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,924
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.
masukuma
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:12:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
limanika wrote:
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.

While I belong to your school of thought but in order to keep this a nice discussion (no religious and hamburglar theories) lets keep it futuristic and present. theories of origin huleta maneno sana. let's appreciate our universe without passions flaring up all over - the important thing is that WE ARE HERE and its awesome.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:58:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,596
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
check up the meaning of the term 'sentience quotient'. human beings are SQ13. the reason we may have never made contact with others is because they may be to high on SQ and are not interested in us at all. in much the same way you would not try and make contact with a planet full of plants


Robert A. Freitas Jr wrote:
At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach in our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?


I agree, somewhat.

I am sure there are other 'heavenly' intelligences out there. In far better conditions than we are. With higher mental abilities and capacities. Unimaginable to the human mind.

Earth, or solar system, is in sort of a 'quarantine'. Lock-down.

That's for sure.

its possible that the 'observable universe' is a petri dish and we are the subjects of a gigantic experiment... WHO KNOWS!!!


My thinking exactly and its possible that disease and what we call harsh weather conditions are just a way of doing away with our "archaic" bodies for a more superior gene.

There's an ideology that has been floating around that various discoveries have been brought about by some "outside" intervention. Eg Most of what we assume to be inspiration could have been communicated by some other being. Those who believe this go as far as to quote the likes of Davinci and Einstein. Otherwise what explains davinci's obsession of writing using mirrors and tearing up dead bodies to draw the anatomy of man?

I must say am suprised this thread is still here at this hour
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
masukuma
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:19:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
check up the meaning of the term 'sentience quotient'. human beings are SQ13. the reason we may have never made contact with others is because they may be to high on SQ and are not interested in us at all. in much the same way you would not try and make contact with a planet full of plants


Robert A. Freitas Jr wrote:
At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach in our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?


I agree, somewhat.

I am sure there are other 'heavenly' intelligences out there. In far better conditions than we are. With higher mental abilities and capacities. Unimaginable to the human mind.

Earth, or solar system, is in sort of a 'quarantine'. Lock-down.

That's for sure.

its possible that the 'observable universe' is a petri dish and we are the subjects of a gigantic experiment... WHO KNOWS!!!


My thinking exactly and its possible that disease and what we call harsh weather conditions are just a way of doing away with our "archaic" bodies for a more superior gene.

There's an ideology that has been floating around that various discoveries have been brought about by some "outside" intervention. Eg Most of what we assume to be inspiration could have been communicated by some other being. Those who believe this go as far as to quote the likes of Davinci and Einstein. Otherwise what explains davinci's obsession of writing using mirrors and tearing up dead bodies to draw the anatomy of man?

I must say am suprised this thread is still here at this hour

interesting! that 'our' ideas may actually not be ours. consider this - ever since human beings left that now dry lake south of rongai those many thousand of years ago. we just had many many inventions following each other in the last 10k years each decreasing the space between each other. perhaps the ideology in itself is an idea from 'above' just like everything else.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:27:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
on a lighter note
http://www.theonion.com/...to-somed,35179/?ref=auto
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:47:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,596
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
check up the meaning of the term 'sentience quotient'. human beings are SQ13. the reason we may have never made contact with others is because they may be to high on SQ and are not interested in us at all. in much the same way you would not try and make contact with a planet full of plants


Robert A. Freitas Jr wrote:
At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach in our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?


I agree, somewhat.

I am sure there are other 'heavenly' intelligences out there. In far better conditions than we are. With higher mental abilities and capacities. Unimaginable to the human mind.

Earth, or solar system, is in sort of a 'quarantine'. Lock-down.

That's for sure.

its possible that the 'observable universe' is a petri dish and we are the subjects of a gigantic experiment... WHO KNOWS!!!


My thinking exactly and its possible that disease and what we call harsh weather conditions are just a way of doing away with our "archaic" bodies for a more superior gene.

There's an ideology that has been floating around that various discoveries have been brought about by some "outside" intervention. Eg Most of what we assume to be inspiration could have been communicated by some other being. Those who believe this go as far as to quote the likes of Davinci and Einstein. Otherwise what explains davinci's obsession of writing using mirrors and tearing up dead bodies to draw the anatomy of man?

I must say am suprised this thread is still here at this hour

interesting! that 'our' ideas may actually not be ours. consider this - ever since human beings left that now dry lake south of rongai those many thousand of years ago. we just had many many inventions following each other in the last 10k years each decreasing the space between each other. perhaps the ideology in itself is an idea from 'above' just like everything else.


Ahem. One wonders what inspires ideas such as artificial insemination. Think about it, what was that first guy who cross bred some plant or animal with another thinking? And alas, he comes up with a breed that is not prone to disease etc...give it a thought
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Muriel
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:37:07 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/19/2009
Posts: 3,142
masukuma wrote:
limanika wrote:
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.

While I belong to your school of thought but in order to keep this a nice discussion (no religious and hamburglar theories) lets keep it futuristic and present. theories of origin huleta maneno sana. let's appreciate our universe without passions flaring up all over - the important thing is that WE ARE HERE and its awesome.


lol!

Anyway, I agree with all the above. With that we are 'experiments', in a 'petri dish' too. We are supposed to 'prove' something whether or not it is true or false.

I also believe that earth is going to be invaded by certain 'aliens' who will take away some, not all, humans with them (and I hope to be one of them) while they destroy all the rest and leave dead bodies and destruction all over the earth in their wake.

Oh, and no 'superhero' will save earth unlike in the movies! Exciting times are ahead, friends!
masukuma
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:43:26 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
limanika wrote:
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.

While I belong to your school of thought but in order to keep this a nice discussion (no religious and hamburglar theories) lets keep it futuristic and present. theories of origin huleta maneno sana. let's appreciate our universe without passions flaring up all over - the important thing is that WE ARE HERE and its awesome.


lol!

Anyway, I agree with all the above. With that we are 'experiments', in a 'petri dish' too. We are supposed to 'prove' something whether or not it is true or false.

I also believe that earth is going to be invaded by certain 'aliens' who will take away some, not all, humans with them (and I hope to be one of them) while they destroy all the rest and leave dead bodies and destruction all over the earth in their wake.

Oh, and no 'superhero' will save earth unlike in the movies! Exciting times are ahead, friends!

how? why? its probable
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Pedes
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:06:15 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/30/2013
Posts: 652
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
limanika wrote:
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.

While I belong to your school of thought but in order to keep this a nice discussion (no religious and hamburglar theories) lets keep it futuristic and present. theories of origin huleta maneno sana. let's appreciate our universe without passions flaring up all over - the important thing is that WE ARE HERE and its awesome.


lol!

Anyway, I agree with all the above. With that we are 'experiments', in a 'petri dish' too. We are supposed to 'prove' something whether or not it is true or false.

I also believe that earth is going to be invaded by certain 'aliens' who will take away some, not all, humans with them (and I hope to be one of them) while they destroy all the rest and leave dead bodies and destruction all over the earth in their wake.

Oh, and no 'superhero' will save earth unlike in the movies! Exciting times are ahead, friends!

how? why? its probable


The same way an ant has no quarrel with a boot that steps on it.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
masukuma
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:56:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Pedes wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Muriel wrote:
masukuma wrote:
limanika wrote:
I want to postulate a theory - Anything created by another being can never rise to the same level of knowledge as the creator. A car or computer will never rise to the same level as the human brain. So, as long as man is under the sun, he will never have answers to some of these questions.
Let me add that I believe in theory of creation as told in the Bible. I hold that the universe (planets, stars etc) were the subject of the first creation billions of years before man came into the scene. We are rightly not given the details.
Then at some point, the Almighty decided to create life – plants, animals and man (Read Genesis). Again we are rightly not given some of the details.
In retrospect, I would believe, at the point of the ‘second’ creation, various planets were considered to host life (in the proposed form that was under consideration). Once the earth was chosen, it must be that some pre-existing conditions on earth somewhat influenced the form that life would take on earth. That’s why there is seamless interaction between the human body and environment – consider how all the different body organs were designed to function seamlessly to make a complete you. Consider all the body systems. This could not have been an accident.
Let’s assume another planet such as mars was chosen to host life. In that case, then the human body would have been created to adapt, survive and thrive in that environment.
We are not here by accident
Now, consider that, in order to survive on earth, the following has to be in place:
.Planet earth has to be in the habitable zone relative to the sun. Not too close to the sun and not too far away. So much so, no other planet in the solar system is habitable.
.Planet earth has to be shielded from meteorites from out there by other bigger planets – e.g. Jupiter.
.Planet earth must have plenty of water – without which life is impossible
.The atmospheric pressure on earth must just be right for the human body – consider that astronauts who stay in the international space station for long come with their ‘eyeballs popping out’
.Planet earth must have numerous minerals in place – consider all the elements in the periodic table which make life meaningful
Man is therefore a masterpiece, the product from a master designer. There are questions we will never be able to answer as long as we are under the sun and this is OK in my view. We do not know why the creator, decided not to disclose some of this information to His Creatures. I hold that this is what was/is right in His wisdom. As such, man is left to wonder, explore and discover – one thing at a time. I hold that this non-disclosure, and resulting curiosity, is not accidental- it has its place in the overall master plan. Sorry if I digressed.

While I belong to your school of thought but in order to keep this a nice discussion (no religious and hamburglar theories) lets keep it futuristic and present. theories of origin huleta maneno sana. let's appreciate our universe without passions flaring up all over - the important thing is that WE ARE HERE and its awesome.


lol!

Anyway, I agree with all the above. With that we are 'experiments', in a 'petri dish' too. We are supposed to 'prove' something whether or not it is true or false.

I also believe that earth is going to be invaded by certain 'aliens' who will take away some, not all, humans with them (and I hope to be one of them) while they destroy all the rest and leave dead bodies and destruction all over the earth in their wake.

Oh, and no 'superhero' will save earth unlike in the movies! Exciting times are ahead, friends!

how? why? its probable


The same way an ant has no quarrel with a boot that steps on it.

hahaha.... 'ant - boot' i know that reference!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Wakanyugi
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:02:01 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/3/2007
Posts: 1,537
murchr wrote:


And the universe is still expanding, just imagine...


What would really boil your noodle is the following fact: YOU created all of it, and you continue to do so every minute.

No, not religion.

Scientific fact, LINK


"If the Explicate is but a “projection” of the Implicate, then we—our physical selves, and indeed all of physical reality—are a “projection” of our true, unfiltered consciousness. One that we all play a hand in creating, whether we know it or not..."
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
masukuma
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:38:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:


And the universe is still expanding, just imagine...


What would really boil your noodle is the following fact: YOU created all of it, and you continue to do so every minute.

No, not religion.

Scientific fact, LINK


"If the Explicate is but a “projection” of the Implicate, then we—our physical selves, and indeed all of physical reality—are a “projection” of our true, unfiltered consciousness. One that we all play a hand in creating, whether we know it or not..."

the Big Bang, expansion, contraction (big Crunch), collapse, Big Bang again may have happened over and over again and that I may have written this exact statement over and over again as I shall again in a couple of billion years...... all these are our SQL13 brains postulating - its like a plant trying to unravel the secrets of the universe (multiverse) e.t.c.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:35:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,596
For those who'd like to watch a space launch



The Russian is a no nonsense guy, the American well no big deal, the Briton is over excited

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:36:51 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/15/2015
Posts: 817



the created can never fully understand The Creator.maybe if you start from there you can answer this question.
T-Bag
#39 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:07:46 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/25/2008
Posts: 411
The universe is teeming with life but not necessarily life as we know it.Thank "God" someone is asking these questions! Lol! I am not mad after all, I have had similar awakening but could not explain to any one coz people are more occupied with daily bread and breeding.
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
masukuma
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 12:23:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,185
Location: Nairobi
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:



the created can never fully understand The Creator.maybe if you start from there you can answer this question.

what's your point of reference while making such a sweeping statement?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
17 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.