Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Dec 14, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [941]
Brilliant advertisements [135]
BREXIT [236]
Parent left 15yr old daughter in PS overnight [2]
Why I reject the BBI [206]
New NYS Scandal [318]
Nairobi Rains [324]
Black Jews AKA lost tribes of Israel [98]
Waiguru’s buys ball pens at Sh8,700 each!!!!!!!!!!... [324]
Narok maasai mara university ponyoka na mamilioni [28]
Okoth Obado Case [481]
Shocking Jubilee secret MEGA projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [128]
This one -is it Real ama ni sponsored scam [2]
POTUS TRUMP [1386]
Where is @Alma? [46]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

7 Pages«<567
Passport - Huduma Centre
mv_ufanisi
#121 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:42:16 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 550
I'm also in the same situation with the passport applications. It's been atleast a month and when you inquire what's going on you are told that your passport application is far behind in the queue.
Now when I finally went there I'm being asked for a facilitation fee of 10,000 KES to move things faster. And basically it's like "You know how things work in Kenya ..."
As much as we are told that Dr Matiang'i is a performer, I really miss the days of Kajwang' at immigration where you would get your passport in a couple of days.
The Immigration Officers have such a big sense of entitlement on citizens money that they are deliberately delaying a lot of passports so that desperate Kenyans can pay them off. There's no much difference between kupigwa ngeta and this kind of theft.
This kind of corruption in public services creates a huge negative spiral. If I as a tax paying citizen have to endure this kind of theft and inefficiency at government services, what's my incentive to pay taxes? Also how safe is the country when the people with the responsibility of registering citizens are so corrupt that they will scam ordinary citizens? Will they not register terrorists and such as long as they get their 10,000 KES here.
That immigration department is in need of a major clean up. Whereas in the past during Kajwang's days you left feeling a strong sense of hope and patriotism, now you are left in desperation wondering where our country is headed. Dr. Matiang'i needs to clean up this mess and give Kenyans a service level agreement which is something like a passport should not take more than a week to be issued once applied for.
Inefficiency breeds corruption. If a passport is taking more than a week to be issued, it opens the doors for corrupt officers to steal from Kenyans what should be their right as citizens to good service.
Mukiri
#122 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:37:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,214
Amores wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Renewing my expired passport from Mombasa has proven to be a very unpleasant experience. I applied one and a half month ago and whenever i go there to collect i am taken round in circles. The immigration officer in-charge asked me to look for the guy i handed my file which i found to be quite irregular. To cut a long story short, they want me to bribe them to expedite processing my passport. I have resisted and will not give them hata ndururu. If they like they can stay with that passport. Shenji kabisa.

Na ifikie Matiang'i na DCI Kinoti.

@Fyatu, did you finally get your passport?



No i did not. I left my documents with passport control Mombasa when it became clear that the immigration officials were hell bent to extort a bribe from me to the tune of a staggering kshs. 5000. I told them to their face that they can stay with their passport and had to regrettably forfeit international travel this year.(sipendagi ujinga)

My policy is never, ever bribe gok officials to get a service. I will go there to collect next year , if it is not ready by next year i will escalate to H.E. Uhuru/Matiang'i himself via wazua and other avenues

If you find someone who can 'motivate' these bribe seekers into doing their work, please share. I'm already dreading making my application in Mombasa, even before doing so... sijui I get a Senor Police/Anti corruption officer to be my recommender?smile



Shame on you. We are the same people who say Kenya is corrupt, then turn around an perpetuate it.

Shame on you for not reading and/or understanding and the an(and?) English corruption!

Proverbs 19:21
tinker
#123 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:11:48 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 379
Location: Nairobi
mv_ufanisi wrote:
I'm also in the same situation with the passport applications. It's been atleast a month and when you inquire what's going on you are told that your passport application is far behind in the queue.
Now when I finally went there I'm being asked for a facilitation fee of 10,000 KES to move things faster. And basically it's like "You know how things work in Kenya ..."
As much as we are told that Dr Matiang'i is a performer, I really miss the days of Kajwang' at immigration where you would get your passport in a couple of days.
The Immigration Officers have such a big sense of entitlement on citizens money that they are deliberately delaying a lot of passports so that desperate Kenyans can pay them off. There's no much difference between kupigwa ngeta and this kind of theft.
This kind of corruption in public services creates a huge negative spiral. If I as a tax paying citizen have to endure this kind of theft and inefficiency at government services, what's my incentive to pay taxes? Also how safe is the country when the people with the responsibility of registering citizens are so corrupt that they will scam ordinary citizens? Will they not register terrorists and such as long as they get their 10,000 KES here.
That immigration department is in need of a major clean up. Whereas in the past during Kajwang's days you left feeling a strong sense of hope and patriotism, now you are left in desperation wondering where our country is headed. Dr. Matiang'i needs to clean up this mess and give Kenyans a service level agreement which is something like a passport should not take more than a week to be issued once applied for.
Inefficiency breeds corruption. If a passport is taking more than a week to be issued, it opens the doors for corrupt officers to steal from Kenyans what should be their right as citizens to good service.



Since Year 2005 until year 2018, I used to put on Kenya (Maasai) wrist band because it kept me Kenyan all the time including when I was out of our borders.
After my experience @ Nyayo house mid last year, I took off the wrist band and I said never to wear it up until Dr. Matiangi and his immigration cohorts stop ignoring the plight of Kenyans seeking for new or renewal of old passport.

Hon. Koigi Wa Wamwere never shaved for decades in protest. I won't be patriotic- in protest.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Amores
#124 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:44:12 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/25/2011
Posts: 2,062
Location: Nrb
Mukiri wrote:
Amores wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Renewing my expired passport from Mombasa has proven to be a very unpleasant experience. I applied one and a half month ago and whenever i go there to collect i am taken round in circles. The immigration officer in-charge asked me to look for the guy i handed my file which i found to be quite irregular. To cut a long story short, they want me to bribe them to expedite processing my passport. I have resisted and will not give them hata ndururu. If they like they can stay with that passport. Shenji kabisa.

Na ifikie Matiang'i na DCI Kinoti.

@Fyatu, did you finally get your passport?



No i did not. I left my documents with passport control Mombasa when it became clear that the immigration officials were hell bent to extort a bribe from me to the tune of a staggering kshs. 5000. I told them to their face that they can stay with their passport and had to regrettably forfeit international travel this year.(sipendagi ujinga)

My policy is never, ever bribe gok officials to get a service. I will go there to collect next year , if it is not ready by next year i will escalate to H.E. Uhuru/Matiang'i himself via wazua and other avenues

If you find someone who can 'motivate' these bribe seekers into doing their work, please share. I'm already dreading making my application in Mombasa, even before doing so... sijui I get a Senor Police/Anti corruption officer to be my recommender?smile



Shame on you. We are the same people who say Kenya is corrupt, then turn around an perpetuate it.

Shame on you for not reading and/or understanding and the an(and?) English corruption!


Can you translated for me? Ilikuja na meli
It is silly to pick on a typo in order to make no point :)
I am happy
Amores
#125 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:51:10 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/25/2011
Posts: 2,062
Location: Nrb
tinker wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
I'm also in the same situation with the passport applications. It's been atleast a month and when you inquire what's going on you are told that your passport application is far behind in the queue.
Now when I finally went there I'm being asked for a facilitation fee of 10,000 KES to move things faster. And basically it's like "You know how things work in Kenya ..."
As much as we are told that Dr Matiang'i is a performer, I really miss the days of Kajwang' at immigration where you would get your passport in a couple of days.
The Immigration Officers have such a big sense of entitlement on citizens money that they are deliberately delaying a lot of passports so that desperate Kenyans can pay them off. There's no much difference between kupigwa ngeta and this kind of theft.
This kind of corruption in public services creates a huge negative spiral. If I as a tax paying citizen have to endure this kind of theft and inefficiency at government services, what's my incentive to pay taxes? Also how safe is the country when the people with the responsibility of registering citizens are so corrupt that they will scam ordinary citizens? Will they not register terrorists and such as long as they get their 10,000 KES here.
That immigration department is in need of a major clean up. Whereas in the past during Kajwang's days you left feeling a strong sense of hope and patriotism, now you are left in desperation wondering where our country is headed. Dr. Matiang'i needs to clean up this mess and give Kenyans a service level agreement which is something like a passport should not take more than a week to be issued once applied for.
Inefficiency breeds corruption. If a passport is taking more than a week to be issued, it opens the doors for corrupt officers to steal from Kenyans what should be their right as citizens to good service.



Since Year 2005 until year 2018, I used to put on Kenya (Maasai) wrist band because it kept me Kenyan all the time including when I was out of our borders.
After my experience @ Nyayo house mid last year, I took off the wrist band and I said never to wear it up until Dr. Matiangi and his immigration cohorts stop ignoring the plight of Kenyans seeking for new or renewal of old passport.

Hon. Koigi Wa Wamwere never shaved for decades in protest. I won't be patriotic- in protest.


To be honest, I have not experienced any issue with passport renewals; this is not to downplay the experience of other people who didn't have a pleasant experience.

When I went there last month, i thought they were doing a good job; to start earl, serve people, quickly and to try and enforce the appointment system ....



I am happy
Ngogoyo
#126 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:13:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/22/2011
Posts: 558
Location: House
Amores wrote:
Old passport
Printout of online application form
3 copies of the payment receipt
Print out copy of appointment date
Photo copy f last 4 pages
Original and copy of ID
Recommenders ID copy signed ( any Kenyan citizen will do )
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs







Thanks Amores

Anyone who knows if any of the documents need to be certified? Mine is old passport renewal to new epassport.
murchr
#127 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 7:31:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,010
If you want to know how badly the immigration department is doing....the number that they have listed on e-citizen for visa enquiries belongs to some jamaa about town. A friend has been trying to get the status of his single entry visa with no help since the person picking seems to be on some street. I called that number today and was amazed, the guy told me he's been getting calls from people asking him about visa and he cant understand what the F*CK is going on. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly We are so messed up.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
mv_ufanisi
#128 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:59:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 550
How long is the new epassport application supposed to take?

It's been more than 3 months since I submitted mine and its still supposedly at approval stage even though I have a previous passport.

Is this the norm? Dr. Matiang'i department of immigration is really a fail. I still remember walking into that same place when Kajwang was there and getting a renewal passport in a record 2 days.

Sasa it seems that I have to go there to pay someone for something which should be a birthright and to a government I have been failthfully paying taxes all my working life.

I will resist paying anyone until next year March and try to shame them by contacting higher ups.

This goes beyond corruption to violence with robbery.
Ngogoyo
#129 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:08:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/22/2011
Posts: 558
Location: House
mv_ufanisi wrote:
How long is the new epassport application supposed to take?

It's been more than 3 months since I submitted mine and its still supposedly at approval stage even though I have a previous passport.

Is this the norm? Dr. Matiang'i department of immigration is really a fail. I still remember walking into that same place when Kajwang was there and getting a renewal passport in a record 2 days.

Sasa it seems that I have to go there to pay someone for something which should be a birthright and to a government I have been failthfully paying taxes all my working life.

I will resist paying anyone until next year March and try to shame them by contacting higher ups.

This goes beyond corruption to violence with robbery.


Strange, very strange for it to delay that much.

I applied for mine without any drama (Replacing old passport) and within 2 weeks it was ready for collection.

Drama and video. I booked an appointment to collect but when i went to collect, it couldn't be found. I spent the whole damn day there having them search (11am-5pm) aSad nd was told to come another day to check why they cant find it. I wasn't alone on this but another 20 or so people's passports that day couldn't be found despite being texted its ready and then booking appointment for collection.

Its like these guys delay, hind or do whatever they have to do to ensure that some applicants seek 'internal' help at a fee

I saw on some alert that a desk to address these issues has been set up on the ground floor. I will pay them a visit but can travel on old one since its still valid but has a visa for a country that currently only recognizes e-passport in case i need to travel there, i need the new one too!.

mv_ufanisi
#130 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:47:38 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 550
Ngogoyo wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
How long is the new epassport application supposed to take?

It's been more than 3 months since I submitted mine and its still supposedly at approval stage even though I have a previous passport.

Is this the norm? Dr. Matiang'i department of immigration is really a fail. I still remember walking into that same place when Kajwang was there and getting a renewal passport in a record 2 days.

Sasa it seems that I have to go there to pay someone for something which should be a birthright and to a government I have been failthfully paying taxes all my working life.

I will resist paying anyone until next year March and try to shame them by contacting higher ups.

This goes beyond corruption to violence with robbery.


Strange, very strange for it to delay that much.

I applied for mine without any drama (Replacing old passport) and within 2 weeks it was ready for collection.

Drama and video. I booked an appointment to collect but when i went to collect, it couldn't be found. I spent the whole damn day there having them search (11am-5pm) aSad nd was told to come another day to check why they cant find it. I wasn't alone on this but another 20 or so people's passports that day couldn't be found despite being texted its ready and then booking appointment for collection.

Its like these guys delay, hind or do whatever they have to do to ensure that some applicants seek 'internal' help at a fee

I saw on some alert that a desk to address these issues has been set up on the ground floor. I will pay them a visit but can travel on old one since its still valid but has a visa for a country that currently only recognizes e-passport in case i need to travel there, i need the new one too!.



Thanks for the heads up. I will follow up with the higher ups and complain about the 3 month delay. Luckily for me I happen to know some higher ups there but always try to follow the normal line. This government is a proper fail. We stopped hearing about citizen services and trying to make citizen's lives easier.
It's no wonder some of our people are taking crazy risks like that Paul Manyasi guy. All due to the incompetence and laziness of government. Sometimes you want to give up and move out, except that you realize that the government doesn't belong to anyone except us citizens. We have to find a way to clean up the system before it destroys us.
I didn't vote for this government but even if I did it wouldn't have mattered. I wonder how things happened during Kibaki's time that immigration was being run smoothly.
There's a bunch of young guys there at Immigration who have come in with the attitude of "It's our turn to eat". They are the ones who are effing up the system.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<567
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.