Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Mar 30, 2017
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KCB buy buy buy [647]
Fraudulent transfer of title [17]
Family Bank? [59]
Investment in Holy Family Basilica Parking [10]
Carbacid HY17 [8]
New Gold ETF Listing [20]
Unga HY 2016-2017 over 59% drop in profits [28]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1739]
TOTAL FY2016 [12]
Kenya Re HY16 [100]
Realities of Forex Investment [3660]
Kakuzi FY16 [5]
directional forecast [965]
Law Capping interest rates [1930]
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy! [1133]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<12131415>
Now Imperial Bank under receivership for 12 months
sparkly
#261 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 11:28:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,217
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#262 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:18:07 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,556
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.


arent you supposed to declare such?did he?
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#263 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:39:39 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,217
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.


arent you supposed to declare such?did he?


I don't get your question
Life is short. Live passionately.
mkenyan
#264 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:57:34 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/1/2009
Posts: 1,497
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.

in a business/corporate world it is common for the head of a regulatory authority to receive such favours from those he should be regulating?

the above notwithstanding there is that park of abdulmalek having his cards charged for the so called 'small favours'. in your view that is not enough to raise issues of integrity?
kryptonite
#265 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:11:08 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/1/2010
Posts: 262
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.



Hehe, Elder has your account been hacked or are you just being a devil's advocate?

Clear conflict of interest.

The harder you work, the luckier you get
sparkly
#266 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:14:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,217
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.

in a business/corporate world it is common for the head of a regulatory authority to receive such favours from those he should be regulating?

the above notwithstanding there is that park of abdulmalek having his cards charged for the so called 'small favours'. in your view that is not enough to raise issues of integrity?


No. In my view that is not enough to raise integrity issues. But on the other hand the "gift" was material, then issues of integrity would arise.


I bet even the CBK officers who went to audit IBL were offered tea and lunch by the bank. Does that mean they were compromised?

The reality is that we live in a world where soft lobbying, gifting, sending Christmas cards etc are common place.

Personally in my line of work, I deal a lot with regulatory guys. I try to know them well and in fact I have coffee/ drinks with some of them once in a while. Some of them are longtime friends from way back.

Do you see integrity issues here?
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#267 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:55:31 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,556
Location: Nairobi
14. Gifts or benefits in kind
(1) A gift or donation given to a State officer on a public or official occasion shall
be treated as a gift or donation to the State.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a State officer may receive a gift given to
the State officer in an official capacity, provided that—
(a) the gift is within the ordinary bounds of propriety, a usual expression
of courtesy or protocol and within the ordinary standards of hospitality;
(b) the gift is not monetary; and
(c) the gift does not exceed such value as may be prescribed by the
Commission in the regulations.
(3) Without limiting the generality of subsection (2), a State officer shall not—
(a) accept or solicit gifts, hospitality or other benefits from a person who—
(i) has an interest that may be achieved by the carrying out or not
carrying out of the State officer’s duties;
(ii) carries on regulated activities with respect to which the State
officer’s organisation has a role; or
(iii) has a contractual or legal relationship with the State officer’s
organisation;
(b) accept gifts of jewellery or other gifts comprising of precious metal or
stones ivory or any other animal part protected under the Convention
on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and
Flora; or
(c) any other type of gift specified by the Commission in the regulations.
CAP. 182
Leadership and Integrity
[Rev. 2015]
[Issue 1] L17-10
(4) A State officer shall not receive a gift which is given with the intention of
compromising the integrity, objectivity or impartiality of the State officer.
(5) Subject to subsection (2), a State officer who receives a gift or donation
shall declare the gift or donation to the Commission and the public entity which the
State officer represents.
(6) Every public entity shall keep a register of—
(a) gifts received by a State officer serving in the public entity; and
(b) gifts given by the public entity to other State officers.
(7) The Commission shall make and publicize regulations regarding receipt and
disposal of gifts under this section.
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#268 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:08:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,844
Location: NAIROBI
The former governor left alot of rot in the banking sector that the current governor will have a hard time trying to clear.
The guy was corrupt and there was a reason why the post couldn't go to Jacinta Mwatela.
On top of that add the currency printing tender of De La Rue.
quicksand
#269 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:42:44 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/5/2010
Posts: 1,759
Location: Nairobi
majimaji wrote:

Can we expect EACC to do nothing?


Yes.
kryptonite
#270 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:08:03 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/1/2010
Posts: 262
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.

in a business/corporate world it is common for the head of a regulatory authority to receive such favours from those he should be regulating?

the above notwithstanding there is that park of abdulmalek having his cards charged for the so called 'small favours'. in your view that is not enough to raise issues of integrity?


No. In my view that is not enough to raise integrity issues. But on the other hand the "gift" was material, then issues of integrity would arise.


I bet even the CBK officers who went to audit IBL were offered tea and lunch by the bank. Does that mean they were compromised?

The reality is that we live in a world where soft lobbying, gifting, sending Christmas cards etc are common place.

Personally in my line of work, I deal a lot with regulatory guys. I try to know them well and in fact I have coffee/ drinks with some of them once in a while. Some of them are longtime friends from way back.

Do you see integrity issues here?


C'mon now, you can't compare tea and lunch to a trip to Thailand. The governor should have avoided such situations.
The harder you work, the luckier you get
sparkly
#271 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:16:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,217
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
@Maka ok i surrenda smile
Life is short. Live passionately.
Appz
#272 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:48:54 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 12/18/2015
Posts: 6
How the Ex-CBK Governor's wife got involved.........

http://www.businessdaily...8/-/y1homoz/-/index.html
DBLyon
#273 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:56:36 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/28/2014
Posts: 149
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.


arent you supposed to declare such?did he?


I don't get your question


This here (insert the finger-pointing-up emoticon) is the problem in Kenya.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
DBLyon
#274 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:02:17 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/28/2014
Posts: 149
Location: Nairobi
kryptonite wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wa! wa! even Mr & Mrs Prof...



Sad Sad Sad

In Kenya anyone can be bought or soldsmile


I don't see any problem when the Governor's wife takes a spa recommendation from a banker, or the fact that the banker pays for the spa.

This is immaterial.

Some people fail to live fully coz of failure to find the disconnect between real life and ideal living. If you find your young man receiving presents from your neighbours wierdo girl do not just say it is a valentines gift. Inaweza kuwa bidii uko juu. Utajua SAA ngapi na uko busy pia.Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


It is implied that Governor Ndungu's wife got a Thai spa recommendation from Abdulmalek . She went with Governor Ndungu and another.
IMO such courtesies and small favours are common in the business/ corporate world. I do not think a Thai spa recommendation in itself is sufficient to influence the governor.

in a business/corporate world it is common for the head of a regulatory authority to receive such favours from those he should be regulating?

the above notwithstanding there is that park of abdulmalek having his cards charged for the so called 'small favours'. in your view that is not enough to raise issues of integrity?


No. In my view that is not enough to raise integrity issues. But on the other hand the "gift" was material, then issues of integrity would arise.


I bet even the CBK officers who went to audit IBL were offered tea and lunch by the bank. Does that mean they were compromised?

The reality is that we live in a world where soft lobbying, gifting, sending Christmas cards etc are common place.

Personally in my line of work, I deal a lot with regulatory guys. I try to know them well and in fact I have coffee/ drinks with some of them once in a while. Some of them are longtime friends from way back.

Do you see integrity issues here?


C'mon now, you can't compare tea and lunch to a trip to Thailand. The governor should have avoided such situations.


A fully paid, blank-cheque-like treat at an exclusive spa? Really...tea and a foreign spa are worlds apart. Even worse, in my opinion, is the fact that the Governor's Missus was involved. How much more intimate does it get? By the time you have introduced your spouse to the fella and they are on direct-correspondence terms?
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Bachuma Gate
#275 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:37:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 266
majimaji wrote:

Can we expect EACC to do nothing?


YES "our turn to eat"

But seriously situtamalizwe kwa hii nchi. Where do we run to.

A judge is bribed by a politician. A CBK cop covers for a CS. A Supermarket CEO is its top supplier and pays himself first. A sugar company CEO covers for a former CEO. He also kulas the sugar company. A bank CEO kulas depositors money. A governors' wife ...... whooooi

Bandito economy
DOH
Bachuma Gate
#276 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:28:48 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 266
And waooooh

Now Waiguru claims in an affidavit it was Ruto, Rotich, Duale, Farouk and Murkomen who are behind the 800m theft at NYS.

Afro cinema
DOH
maka
#277 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:22:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,556
Location: Nairobi
Bachuma Gate wrote:
majimaji wrote:

Can we expect EACC to do nothing?


YES "our turn to eat"

But seriously situtamalizwe kwa hii nchi. Where do we run to.

A judge is bribed by a politician. A CBK cop covers for a CS. A Supermarket CEO is its top supplier and pays himself first. A sugar company CEO covers for a former CEO. He also kulas the sugar company. A bank CEO kulas depositors money. A governors' wife ...... whooooi

Bandito economy


Too bright for our own good....
possunt quia posse videntur
enyands
#278 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:00:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,225
Location: kenya
Bachuma Gate wrote:
majimaji wrote:

Can we expect EACC to do nothing?


YES "our turn to eat"

But seriously situtamalizwe kwa hii nchi. Where do we run to.

A judge is bribed by a politician. A CBK cop covers for a CS. A Supermarket CEO is its top supplier and pays himself first. A sugar company CEO covers for a former CEO. He also kulas the sugar company. A bank CEO kulas depositors money. A governors' wife ...... whooooi

Bandito economy



Reminds me mwalimu Julius nyerere, kenya is Man eat man society.didn't know by then what it means but now it does.
enyands
#279 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:16:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/25/2014
Posts: 2,225
Location: kenya
Pesa Nane wrote:
enyands wrote:
Don't quote me but I'm meant to understand from a friend working at the watchdog somewhere that there is a bigger shocker on the way on one of banks . I like this Njoroge guy . I'm worried about him stepping on big boys shoes hence his safety . Iv always said we need someone with a different culture to run some institutions. Njoroge has been installed with "outside kenya culture" of doing things . maybe it's because the tempo hasn't been corrupted but I hope he will keep the tempo he got from his previous employer .we need such leaders but not leaders who ask him why he isn't married .

Shame on you Shame on you KE is not a banana republic


8c do you remember sometime last year I made some comments about I fear this guy and you mentioned that Kenya isn't a banana republic .Now my sources tell me both leaders in opposition and ruling mpigs have ganged and said he has to go and quit. They can't have someone who won't allow them to do business as usuall. It's coming in the papers .The sad thing is that they will make sure he goes . Wasted kenyan talent being told to go to street because he is just doing his job.Shafting continues ......
streetwise
#280 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:38:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/23/2011
Posts: 1,736
Location: Nairobi
What letter does the name of the bank start with ?.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
15 Pages«<12131415>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.