Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Cytonn Investments [1013]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [99]
SK Investments Co. still alive? [34]
UNAITAS [1228]
Banks Loans adjustments after rates drop [2]
Amana Capital [12]
Urithi Housing Sacco [188]
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [414]
Ekeza savings and credit Sacco [66]
Supermarket Supplies [10]
Safaricom investment - query [12]
Pacific Realty ----Daily Nation pages 2&,3 9th ... [5]
stima investment cooperative [140]
Quick credit [2]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [276]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

51 Pages«<48495051>
Cytonn Investments
tony stark
#981 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 4:53:29 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/8/2008
Posts: 900
@horton my humble advice to you is stop engaging. This thread and PK and Queen are trolls. Investments on Wazua are unfortunately are seen as spectator sports. Most people are fans in the stand telling players in the field how to win.

The best way to get premium tears is to follow advice from fans in the stand when you are on the field trying to score some profit.

Wachana
Horton
#982 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:01:10 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,553
Location: Nairobi
tony stark wrote:
@horton my humble advice to you is stop engaging. This thread and PK and Queen are trolls. Investments on Wazua are unfortunately are seen as spectator sports. Most people are fans in the stand telling players in the field how to win.

The best way to get premium tears is to follow advice from fans in the stand when you are on the field trying to score some profit.

Wachana


Understood sir. Good day thanks for your wisdom
paulkimani
#983 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 3:13:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
Ten fresh complaints were lodged today at the CMA for over kshs 50m.

Kshs 50 million. JUST TODAY.

CMA has also received claims of over Kshs 100 million lost to this scheme. That does not include the previous suits filed by other investors

https://kenyanwallstreet.com/cytonn-hit-by-fresh-claims-amounting-to-ksh-55-5-million/
paulkimani
#984 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 3:48:16 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
Ten fresh complaints were lodged today at the CMA.
Claims for over KShs 55 million.

The ten fresh complaints, lodged at the CMA have claims ranging from KSh 303,678.00 to KSh 30.6 Million.

This comes after other investors sued Cytonn earlier in the month.

CMA state in an affidavit filed at the High Court that it has ALSO received fresh complaints amounting to KSh 100 Million on Cytonns failure to meet contractual obligations owed to investors.

https://kenyanwallstreet.com/cytonn-hit-by-fresh-claims-amounting-to-ksh-55-5-million/

With compliments from the “troll” :)




tony stark wrote:
@horton my humble advice to you is stop engaging. This thread and PK and Queen are trolls. Investments on Wazua are unfortunately are seen as spectator sports. Most people are fans in the stand telling players in the field how to win.

The best way to get premium tears is to follow advice from fans in the stand when you are on the field trying to score some profit.

Wachana

Queen
#985 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:25:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 425
Location: Britain
tony stark wrote:
@horton my humble advice to you is stop engaging. This thread and PK and Queen are trolls. Investments on Wazua are unfortunately are seen as spectator sports. Most people are fans in the stand telling players in the field how to win.

The best way to get premium tears is to follow advice from fans in the stand when you are on the field trying to score some profit.

Wachana


Kumbe in these streets niliitwa TROLL, isorait!
obiero
#986 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:14:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,851
Location: nairobi
Pole to anyone invested in Cytonn.. Dunia huwa hivyo
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
paulkimani
#987 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 3:09:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.
itz
#988 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 4:57:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2009
Posts: 348
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks
VituVingiSana
#989 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 1:58:51 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
aemathenge
#990 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 12:01:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,356
Location: Kerugoya
Quote:
Out of 4,000 investors, about 13 of them were unhappy and approached CMA, and that is the letter that is making rounds in the news,” Cytonn said in an earlier statement.

In recent weeks, Cytonn Investment Chief Executive Officer Edwin Dande has torn into the CMA, accusing the regulator of running a backward capital markets regulatory regime.


Source Link: https://citizentv.co.ke/...ttle-with-cytonn-349434/
paulkimani
#991 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2020 2:19:36 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
I would check which lawyer / firm filed the suit on behalf of the investors and get in touch with them. They will welcome more investors joining the suit. Alternatively contact CMA and ask them to provide information or put in your complaint with them. Good luck, all the best.

itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


itz
#992 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 5:04:11 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2009
Posts: 348
paulkimani wrote:
I would check which lawyer / firm filed the suit on behalf of the investors and get in touch with them. They will welcome more investors joining the suit. Alternatively contact CMA and ask them to provide information or put in your complaint with them. Good luck, all the best.

itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks




thanks
itz
#993 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 5:07:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2009
Posts: 348
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?



no they don't. They were offering to sell their units to current investors who wanted to convert their cash into real estate at their current selling prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.
VituVingiSana
#994 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 9:01:26 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
itz wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?


no they don't. They were offering to sell their units to current investors who wanted to convert their cash into real estate at their current selling prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I assume you find the "current" selling prices to be on the high side.

What I do not understand is why are there so many new residential buildings coming up, in Nairobi, despite the glut.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
paulkimani
#995 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 12:41:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?


no they don't. They were offering to sell their units to current investors who wanted to convert their cash into real estate at their current selling prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I assume you find the "current" selling prices to be on the high side.

What I do not understand is why are there so many new residential buildings coming up, in Nairobi, despite the glut.


Money cleaning/ (laundering). Real estate is an easy way to clean big amounts - - especially after they rid the old 1000 shilling notes - convenient way to dispose of all the under the mattress cash.
VituVingiSana
#996 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:09:28 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
paulkimani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?


no they don't. They were offering to sell their units to current investors who wanted to convert their cash into real estate at their current selling prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I assume you find the "current" selling prices to be on the high side.

What I do not understand is why are there so many new residential buildings coming up, in Nairobi, despite the glut.


Money cleaning/ (laundering). Real estate is an easy way to clean big amounts - - especially after they rid the old 1000 shilling notes - convenient way to dispose of all the under the mattress cash.
Those 1000s are useless. Who in their right mind will accept them?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#997 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:09:26 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,102
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
itz wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
In new filings made on October 27, CMA received fresh complaints from investors bringing the cumulative outstanding claims to Ksh.222.8 million.


@paulkimani how can we be part of these claims/complaints.Do you have any contacts for any of the investor groups that want to file complaints or already have? thanks


@PK make sure you do not meet Cytonnaires in real life! Laughing out loudly

I have reading up on Acorn and Centum. Their models have similarities and differences from Cytonn but seem to more grounded in "equity" vs pure debt.

Centum has a bond that allows the bondholders to buy properties (at a slight discount, I think) which is somewhat similar to Cytonn.

Question: Does Cytonn offer a discount to those in their Fund/Scheme?


no they don't. They were offering to sell their units to current investors who wanted to convert their cash into real estate at their current selling prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I assume you find the "current" selling prices to be on the high side.

What I do not understand is why are there so many new residential buildings coming up, in Nairobi, despite the glut.


Money cleaning/ (laundering). Real estate is an easy way to clean big amounts - - especially after they rid the old 1000 shilling notes - convenient way to dispose of all the under the mattress cash.
Those 1000s are useless. Who in their right mind will accept them?


Paulkimani knows something we don't know about the 1000s notes
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
paulkimani
#998 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:16:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
Government announces deadline to convert old notes.

Person X has 50 million kshs (in old 1000 notes) under the bed - perhaps a few under the table deals. He can’t change the money because his salary and taxes won’t match his wealth with the under the table deals.

No law says you can’t pay construction companies with physical cash.

Before the deadline, person X hires a construction company and use that 50 million for advanced payment of the construction.

Now it’s up to the construction company, who obtained the money legally to change the old 1000. This won’t raise a red flag.

But what do I know.
VituVingiSana
#999 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 8:00:35 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,314
Location: Nairobi
paulkimani wrote:
Government announces deadline to convert old notes.

Person X has 50 million kshs (in old 1000 notes) under the bed - perhaps a few under the table deals. He can’t change the money because his salary and taxes won’t match his wealth with the under the table deals.

No law says you can’t pay construction companies with physical cash.

Before the deadline, person X hires a construction company and use that 50 million for advanced payment of the construction.

Now it’s up to the construction company, who obtained the money legally to change the old 1000. This won’t raise a red flag.

But what do I know.
That deadline passed about a year ago!
I understand the context about the buildings that were bring built in 2019 but I am talking about today (Nov 2020).
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
paulkimani
#1000 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 10:10:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/19/2016
Posts: 132
Even I am talking about today.

LITERALLY what Cytonn do.
They sell off - plan which is JUST a concept. No physical building yet.

You pay them cash before the building has started construction or when it is just beginning. A promise of a cheaper price is given if bought before construction begins.

X gives money in 2019 before new notes

Building begins construction in Nov 2020. Voila you've also cleaned your dirty money. But what do I know.

"Cytonn. Cleaning your money since 2015."
Users browsing this topic
Guest (11)
51 Pages«<48495051>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.