Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Feb 26, 2017
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy! [1107]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [7142]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [1711]
directional forecast [707]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [2556]
Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss [592]
Future of Safaricom - break up due to dominance! [97]
Coop Bank - Stocksmaster's 1st Play 2013 [655]
KPLC HY17 [10]
IMH Rwanda faction [1]
Unga HY 2016-2017 over 59% drop in profits [16]
Kengen FY16 [223]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [596]
Interference of Average security buying price Aler... [10]
CFC Stanbic FY16 [4]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Kenya Re HY16
obiero
#61 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 1:18:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,318
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...03790-sk2cg3/index.html[/quote]
Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed


UAP is bleeding money.The South African I.e old mutual were conned big time.
SANLAM the South Africans are imposing their way of doing business and really trying to adapt to Kenyan way.

Britam the game being played by Wairegi, Munga and Mbaru.
The only stable insurance company is ICEALION

@Ericsson truer words are yet to be written. Kenya Re has it good for now since the law calls for a mandatory re-insure on collected premiums. That institution doesn't generate any ideas, it's like a tax agency in my view.. I held the share for over 5 years and indeed it gave dividend plus gain in share price, but they are not aggressive enough to create meaningful income generation to anyone's stock portfolio
mlennyma
#62 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 1:31:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,344
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...03790-sk2cg3/index.html[/quote]
Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed

I have britam and cic and now eying k-re to close the insurance stocks chapter,i however hate the 5 years election fears setback on our market


Choose one between britam and CIC.
Going into both is messing up yourself

Cic is the main,for britam it's something I can comfortably lose
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#63 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 2:07:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...03790-sk2cg3/index.html[/quote]
Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed


UAP is bleeding money.The South African I.e old mutual were conned big time.
SANLAM the South Africans are imposing their way of doing business and really trying to adapt to Kenyan way.

Britam the game being played by Wairegi, Munga and Mbaru.
The only stable insurance company is ICEALION

@Ericsson truer words are yet to be written. Kenya Re has it good for now since the law calls for a mandatory re-insure on collected premiums. That institution doesn't generate any ideas, it's like a tax agency in my view.. I held the share for over 5 years and indeed it gave dividend plus gain in share price, but they are not aggressive enough to create meaningful income generation to anyone's stock portfolio


The mandatory re-insure is 20% but kenya re controls about 40% of the total insurance mkt.
This means insurance companies have confidence in it that's why they give them thr extra 20%.

I wonder if the same model can be done on the domestic air route to eliminate kq monopoly
obiero
#64 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 2:45:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,318
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...03790-sk2cg3/index.html[/quote]
Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed


UAP is bleeding money.The South African I.e old mutual were conned big time.
SANLAM the South Africans are imposing their way of doing business and really trying to adapt to Kenyan way.

Britam the game being played by Wairegi, Munga and Mbaru.
The only stable insurance company is ICEALION

@Ericsson truer words are yet to be written. Kenya Re has it good for now since the law calls for a mandatory re-insure on collected premiums. That institution doesn't generate any ideas, it's like a tax agency in my view.. I held the share for over 5 years and indeed it gave dividend plus gain in share price, but they are not aggressive enough to create meaningful income generation to anyone's stock portfolio


The mandatory re-insure is 20% but kenya re controls about 40% of the total insurance mkt.
This means insurance companies have confidence in it that's why they give them thr extra 20%.

I wonder if the same model can be done on the domestic air route to eliminate kq monopoly

http://www.businessdaily...596-1080j6lz/index.html
The additional 20% is patriotic.. If it was a private entity, I doubt it would muster even 10%.. KenyaRe strength lies in its massive real estate and that alone.. KQ always welcomes competition but they keep folding as seen most recently by Easyjet
Ericsson
#65 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 4:29:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
@Obiero
Emirates and Qatar airways were denied licences for the Nairobi-Mombasa route coz it will lead to death of kq domestically on that route.
Imagine if the two had licenses and were operating over the festive season.
With the treatment passengers received from Jambo jet a subsidiary of kq such news would have been unheard of.
I am yet to hear any of the local insurance companies issue complaint about kenya re.
Ericsson
#66 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 4:31:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
Easy jet was a briefcase company.
Don't talk about it.
Let's talk about airlines not briefcase companies
sparkly
#67 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 5:16:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,151
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Why does KQ keep on showing up on Ken Re thread?
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 1:44:41 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 12,916
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Why does KQ keep on showing up on Ken Re thread?

Someone wants gullible investors to think just coz both have Kenya in their names, they are both healthy & profitable firms!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 2:34:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,318
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Why does KQ keep on showing up on Ken Re thread?

Someone wants gullible investors to think just coz both have Kenya in their names, they are both healthy & profitable firms!

Imagine that is sad
Ericsson
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 5:46:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50
obiero
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 5:52:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,318
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50

Hongera to the investors who caught this one on the low..
sparkly
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 8:29:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,151
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50

Hongera to the investors who caught this one on the low..


Na bado, we shall alight at 36-40 Inshallah
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#73 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 10:26:15 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 12,916
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50

Hongera to the investors who caught this one on the low..

Some of us were insulted for buying/holding KenRe but eventually quality/cream rises to the top. Profits, per the MD, are expected to be +17% over 2015.

In view of new business and high T-Bill and T-Bonds we can expect 2017>2016 caveat emptor with tube elections.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#74 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 10:20:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50

Hongera to the investors who caught this one on the low..

Some of us were insulted for buying/holding KenRe but eventually quality/cream rises to the top. Profits, per the MD, are expected to be +17% over 2015.

In view of new business and high T-Bill and T-Bonds we can expect 2017>2016 caveat emptor with tube elections.


By the end of this year we should be clocking 30 plus and beyond with caveat on the elections
sparkly
#75 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2017 9:10:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,151
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re today hit an all time high of 24.50

Hongera to the investors who caught this one on the low..

Some of us were insulted for buying/holding KenRe but eventually quality/cream rises to the top. Profits, per the MD, are expected to be +17% over 2015.

In view of new business and high T-Bill and T-Bonds we can expect 2017>2016 caveat emptor with tube elections.


By the end of this year we should be clocking 30 plus and beyond with caveat on the elections


Amen.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#76 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2017 10:28:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
2017 has started on a good note.
Already up by 25 cents to 22.75 with a very muscular pull towards 23 with the bear running haywire in the mkt.
Closing price on 30 December 2016 was 22.50
Ericsson
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:19:07 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 2,680
Location: NAIROBI
Significant supply at 25
sparkly
#78 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 2:16:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,151
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
Significant supply at 25


25 trade yet to print
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#79 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 1:51:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 5,318
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Significant supply at 25


25 trade yet to print

Now at 21. Kenre goes to Nepal and reinsures over 10 companies in the same market against earthquakes! BOOM an earthquake happened and KES 450m needs to be paid up. Intelligent management??
sparkly
#80 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:01:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,151
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Significant supply at 25


25 trade yet to print

Now at 21. Kenre goes to Nepal and reinsures over 10 companies in the same market against earthquakes! BOOM an earthquake happened and KES 450m needs to be paid up. Intelligent management??


You can add JKIA fire. One company's business is reinsurance. It reinsurance a risk and actually pays when risk materialises. Another company's business is flying but it can't fly. Management think they can make money by selling plots and operating matatus.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.