Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Jul 9, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
E-commerce in Kenya [15]
too many road accidents [385]
Coronavirus [2169]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [1569]
Descendants of Slaves Kidnapped from Kenya [35]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2245]
SGR Progress thus far [1389]
Ngong road forest evictions [1]
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [12]
K24 invades Citizen &, KTN [222]
America spring :Anti police demos [37]
Mpig Waluke Sentencing [43]
Burundi Kamenuka [116]
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya? [85]
Chief Justice David Maraga... [97]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya?
murchr
#61 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 7:58:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
BD wrote:
A Tanzanian court on Thursday began hearing a case against two co-founders of a whistleblower website who are charged with obstructing justice by refusing to reveal the identities of users who post details of suspected corrupt officials.

Prosecutors charged Micke William and Maxence Melo Mubyazi, owners of the Jamiiforums site, under the Cybercrimes Act.

Several people have been charged under the law, which came into effect in 2015, and it is viewed by rights groups and the opposition as part of efforts by President John Magufuli’s government to limit liberties such as freedom of expression.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#62 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 5:44:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
Now where will Tanzanian's congregate to gossip Kenyans?



"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#63 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:01:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
kaka2za
#64 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:50:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,947
Location: Gwitu
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Gathige
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:03:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,153
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Bigchick
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 7:54:41 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,982
Location: At Large.
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



Liwe liwalo......

Time to pick up from there,start to grow our own.

What are we lacking amoungst the eequired inputs?Where can they be sourced?

Watu waanze kujitegemea.Nyeri farmers shall no longer cry vitunguu via TZ vimeharibu soko.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
kaka2za
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:40:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,947
Location: Gwitu
Bigchick wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



Liwe liwalo......

Time to pick up from there,start to grow our own.

What are we lacking amoungst the eequired inputs?Where can they be sourced?

Watu waanze kujitegemea.Nyeri farmers shall no longer cry vitunguu via TZ vimeharibu soko.


The Nyeri farmer is smallholder and the output is small.Only about 40% of land in Kenya is arable and a good portion is owned by bwenyenyes who either leave it idle or the grow flowers. Moreover, cost of production is very high in Kenya. A Ugandan friend was shocked when I informed that farmers in Kenya use manure and costly fertilizer.

From my experience, Kenya is among the best African country to live in when you have money but the least favorable to the poor.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Queen
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:19:52 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 325
Location: Britain
kaka2za wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



Liwe liwalo......

Time to pick up from there,start to grow our own.

What are we lacking amoungst the eequired inputs?Where can they be sourced?

Watu waanze kujitegemea.Nyeri farmers shall no longer cry vitunguu via TZ vimeharibu soko.


The Nyeri farmer is smallholder and the output is small.Only about 40% of land in Kenya is arable and a good portion is owned by bwenyenyes who either leave it idle or the grow flowers. Moreover, cost of production is very high in Kenya. A Ugandan friend was shocked when I informed that farmers in Kenya use manure and costly fertilizer.

From my experience, Kenya is among the best African country to live in when you have money but the least favorable to the poor.


Your last statement describes Mombasa town perfectly. Mombasa is the best town to live in when one has money but the least favourable when you are a hustler (the proper hustler, wacha wale mahustler wana more than one chopper).
masukuma
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:24:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,520
Location: Nairobi
I am surprised on how people think... if I have chicken and I usually sell to a restaurant - I don't refuse to sell it to the restaurant... because... MIMI NDIO NAWALISHA! Kwani ni msaada? Si ninapata pesa? ama? The people who breed chicken want a Market coz they cannot eat all their chicken just to spite the customer.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#70 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:04:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



It's about time we supported the Kenyan farmer even if that kitunguu or orange costs 5/- more, money circulating in the economy is good for everyone.


Changamoto ni kwa yule ame poteza soko. Oranges are available in Ukambani, we just haven't explored that potential to the fullest. Somalia is the largest exporter of live cattle, we can explore that market too kwani?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Gathige
#71 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:11:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,153
Bigchick wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



Liwe liwalo......

Time to pick up from there,start to grow our own.

What are we lacking amoungst the eequired inputs?Where can they be sourced?

Watu waanze kujitegemea.Nyeri farmers shall no longer cry vitunguu via TZ vimeharibu soko.



@BigC, Its not that easy. Market forces always wins in economic scenarios. The TZ border will soon be opened. Kijeketile Reborn will soon realize his people have tonnes upon tonnes of onions and other farm supplies and his farmers will start crying Serikali Saidia. His will then open the borders in the pretext of EAC Cooperations and Hola the Nyeri farmer with his few sacks of onions will have to content with the tarders with tones of cheap onions from TZ.


Secondly, dont be surpriused to hear the onions are now coming from Uganda. Traders will buy from TZ, move them trough UG and back to KE. Its very difficult to manipulate markets in this era
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Gathige
#72 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:17:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,153
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



It's about time we supported the Kenyan farmer even if that kitunguu or orange costs 5/- more, money circulating in the economy is good for everyone.


Changamoto ni kwa yule ame poteza soko. Oranges are available in Ukambani, we just haven't explored that potential to the fullest. Somalia is the largest exporter of live cattle, we can explore that market too kwani?


@Murchr

TZ has a very favourable land tenure system. There is ample of land available for large scale farming unlike of very demarcated smallholder agriculture. TZ land mass is huge and very productive. Labour costs in TZ are so low evan casual labourers in KE from TZ earn what their civil servants earn. This make their cost of production very low unlike in KE.


For the live cattle market, the production zone has to be certified a disease free zone, which majority of the KE patroral areas are not, hence the live export market is a challenge
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
murchr
#73 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:35:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
Gathige wrote:
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



It's about time we supported the Kenyan farmer even if that kitunguu or orange costs 5/- more, money circulating in the economy is good for everyone.


Changamoto ni kwa yule ame poteza soko. Oranges are available in Ukambani, we just haven't explored that potential to the fullest. Somalia is the largest exporter of live cattle, we can explore that market too kwani?


@Murchr

TZ has a very favourable land tenure system. There is ample of land available for large scale farming unlike of very demarcated smallholder agriculture. TZ land mass is huge and very productive. Labour costs in TZ are so low evan casual labourers in KE from TZ earn what their civil servants earn. This make their cost of production very low unlike in KE.


For the live cattle market, the production zone has to be certified a disease free zone, which majority of the KE patroral areas are not, hence the live export market is a challenge


That production narrative is the half lies people have always been told about China and are now realizing that they can do it by themselves. Who are these large scale farmers in Tanzania? Most land in Tz is not in use the serengeti its self is close to 1/4 of the country. I know onions come from the district that borders loitoktok, the farm produce in Kenya sells at the same price as the Tanzanian produce the only difference is that it is at a small profit excluding the challenges he incurs from taking his food to the market.

Look, a broker will dash to TZ, thoroughly exploit that poor farmer by buying very cheaply, then bring that food to Nrb/Msa and flood the market, matching the local farmer's price. At the end of the day, he gets more than the farmer even with transportation costs being involved.

About Somalia, they are the largest exporters of live cattle in the world, don't you think they are certified? And why cant this be replicated in N.Eastern? Ama sisi tume kubali hatuwezi?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Gathige
#74 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:39:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,153
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



It's about time we supported the Kenyan farmer even if that kitunguu or orange costs 5/- more, money circulating in the economy is good for everyone.


Changamoto ni kwa yule ame poteza soko. Oranges are available in Ukambani, we just haven't explored that potential to the fullest. Somalia is the largest exporter of live cattle, we can explore that market too kwani?


@Murchr

TZ has a very favourable land tenure system. There is ample of land available for large scale farming unlike of very demarcated smallholder agriculture. TZ land mass is huge and very productive. Labour costs in TZ are so low evan casual labourers in KE from TZ earn what their civil servants earn. This make their cost of production very low unlike in KE.


For the live cattle market, the production zone has to be certified a disease free zone, which majority of the KE patroral areas are not, hence the live export market is a challenge


That production narrative is the half lies people have always been told about China and are now realizing that they can do it by themselves. Who are these large scale farmers in Tanzania? Most land in Tz is not in use the serengeti its self is close to 1/4 of the country. I know onions come from the district that borders loitoktok, the farm produce in Kenya sells at the same price as the Tanzanian produce the only difference is that it is at a small profit excluding the challenges he incurs from taking his food to the market.

Look, a broker will dash to TZ, thoroughly exploit that poor farmer by buying very cheaply, then bring that food to Nrb/Msa and flood the market, matching the local farmer's price. At the end of the day, he gets more than the farmer even with transportation costs being involved.

About Somalia, they are the largest exporters of live cattle in the world, don't you think they are certified? And why cant this be replicated in N.Eastern? Ama sisi tume kubali hatuwezi?



@Murchr, Over the past 1 yr, i have practically tested doing the farming on the KE side of Kilimanjaro and below is the comparative in reality,

i. In KE to do seasonal farming, one has to lease land for from Kshs 5k-50k per acre depending on the infastructure available, most water. In TZ its free for locals, so leasing costs in TZ IS Nil as compared to KE side costs. The alternative to leasing is buying but doesnt make much busines sense.
ii. Inputs on the TZ side is practically a dumping ground for pestcides, and very cheap. On the KE side, the inputs are damn expesive, but well controlled for health reasons.
iii. The topography on the KE side for strange reasons, is a flooding zone for Kilimanjaro waters. Last year, KE farmers on the Kili side lost almost 100% due to floods.


All factors constant, production on the TZ side is much favourable than on the KE side.


"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
murchr
#75 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:53:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
Gathige wrote:
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
murchr wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



It's about time we supported the Kenyan farmer even if that kitunguu or orange costs 5/- more, money circulating in the economy is good for everyone.


Changamoto ni kwa yule ame poteza soko. Oranges are available in Ukambani, we just haven't explored that potential to the fullest. Somalia is the largest exporter of live cattle, we can explore that market too kwani?


@Murchr

TZ has a very favourable land tenure system. There is ample of land available for large scale farming unlike of very demarcated smallholder agriculture. TZ land mass is huge and very productive. Labour costs in TZ are so low evan casual labourers in KE from TZ earn what their civil servants earn. This make their cost of production very low unlike in KE.


For the live cattle market, the production zone has to be certified a disease free zone, which majority of the KE patroral areas are not, hence the live export market is a challenge


That production narrative is the half lies people have always been told about China and are now realizing that they can do it by themselves. Who are these large scale farmers in Tanzania? Most land in Tz is not in use the serengeti its self is close to 1/4 of the country. I know onions come from the district that borders loitoktok, the farm produce in Kenya sells at the same price as the Tanzanian produce the only difference is that it is at a small profit excluding the challenges he incurs from taking his food to the market.

Look, a broker will dash to TZ, thoroughly exploit that poor farmer by buying very cheaply, then bring that food to Nrb/Msa and flood the market, matching the local farmer's price. At the end of the day, he gets more than the farmer even with transportation costs being involved.

About Somalia, they are the largest exporters of live cattle in the world, don't you think they are certified? And why cant this be replicated in N.Eastern? Ama sisi tume kubali hatuwezi?



@Murchr, Over the past 1 yr, i have practically tested doing the farming on the KE side of Kilimanjaro and below is the comparative in reality,

i. In KE to do seasonal farming, one has to lease land for from Kshs 5k-50k per acre depending on the infastructure available, most water. In TZ its free for locals, so leasing costs in TZ IS Nil as compared to KE side costs. The alternative to leasing is buying but doesnt make much busines sense.
ii. Inputs on the TZ side is practically a dumping ground for pestcides, and very cheap. On the KE side, the inputs are damn expesive, but well controlled for health reasons.
iii. The topography on the KE side for strange reasons, is a flooding zone for Kilimanjaro waters. Last year, KE farmers on the Kili side lost almost 100% due to floods.


All factors constant, production on the TZ side is much favourable than on the KE side.




Where is this where you have no access to nolturesh water? People in Loitokitok divert this water to their farms and their production costs are relatively very cheap...the water flows all the way to Sultan/Emali hence the reason why people are rushing to farm there.
Anyway, being that you were a commuter farmer, you may have been taken advantage of. Pole


I also farm as a hobby, manure and Thuricide is what you need for vegges. TRY it
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Bigchick
#76 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 7:21:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,982
Location: At Large.
Gathige wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


Onions and oranges.
Kenya is most financially robust in the region but least food secure.



And meat. TZ is the major source of live animals for slaughtering from which the meat inthe KE market comes from.



Liwe liwalo......

Time to pick up from there,start to grow our own.

What are we lacking amoungst the eequired inputs?Where can they be sourced?

Watu waanze kujitegemea.Nyeri farmers shall no longer cry vitunguu via TZ vimeharibu soko.



@BigC, Its not that easy. Market forces always wins in economic scenarios. The TZ border will soon be opened. Kijeketile Reborn will soon realize his people have tonnes upon tonnes of onions and other farm supplies and his farmers will start crying Serikali Saidia. His will then open the borders in the pretext of EAC Cooperations and Hola the Nyeri farmer with his few sacks of onions will have to content with the tarders with tones of cheap onions from TZ.


Secondly, dont be surpriused to hear the onions are now coming from Uganda. Traders will buy from TZ, move them trough UG and back to KE. Its very difficult to manipulate markets in this era




True as this may be,when push comes to shove we move on.We should not beg but rather sieze the opportunity to start growing or using that route of UG.

Maskini jeuri ni sisi.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
whiteowl
#77 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:32:05 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/16/2014
Posts: 1,418
Location: Bohemian Grove
murchr wrote:
Who is winning this war battle of the dwarfs?

What food items do we import from Tanzania that they feel like they can thump their bony chests?

Magufuli - "Wengine wana funga mipaka ila sisi ndio tunawalisha"

Munya - "Tuta angalia hio mwanya ambayo itatokea alafu tujaribu kuijaza, kama mkulima wa hapa hataweza basi tuna majirani wengi. Yule ambaye anaumia ni yule ambaye ana soko hapa".


In Kenya everything is overtaxed with little to no structural support so any output ends up being expensive than imports from neighbouring countries. The market always wins and consumers will always choose the lowest priced commodities where basic goods are concerned. And please let's stop these appeals of " promoting local products" .Nobody will buy an expensive product with a cheaper similar quality product available.
masukuma
#78 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:49:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,520
Location: Nairobi
Wamesikizana...


but someone decided to PUNish Uhuru
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2020 5:19:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 15,606
This is good for the Kenyan farmer.

This is the amount of mockery we receive when we cant even copy and paste what Joseph of the bible did.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
masukuma
#80 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2020 6:41:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,520
Location: Nairobi
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.