Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Aug 18, 2017
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
NASA MOVES TO THE SUPREME COURT [135]
Sonko sets a high bar for Governors [20]
Next ODM leader after Raila [61]
2017 Election results [1532]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [1946]
Political parties in Kenya [8]
Lift The Ban!!! [5]
2017/18 English Premier League [17]
Kingwa Kamencu is back!!! [183]
Now Daily Nation and others free. [31]
Fact: Larry Madowo is the best TV journalist [148]
Alfred mutua : Maendeleo chap chap [41]
It's never that serious... [7]
Biopolitics of the ungrieved [12]
POTUS TRUMP [672]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages<12345>»
Inchi Ya Majambazi
murchr
#41 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 5:51:48 PM

githundi wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
@Masukuma, on occasion you pick the wrong side of a position then die with it.

Ngunyi was contracted by NYS at an agreed fee, he performed the services and was overpaid, he decided to keep quiet about it pretending that he had not noticed. Yes he is a thief.

Its like a shop keeper who does not call you back when you forget to collect your change while he is holding it. Mwizi.

Its definitely not same as someone you don't know making a deposit to your bank account or Mpesa account.

P.S. I have called once to return some misrouted Mpesa.

yes... it's not his job to send back money! ukiwacha change kwa duka don't blame the shopkeeper for your mistake. this world is full of people who think because they are good that everyone else should be like them. mwizi huiba... do your job well and don't be careless expecting others to do it for you and being unhappy or even condemn them for not . human beings have lapses but don't walk around like society owes you squat! kila mtu alijileta Nairobi boss.... if it's theft - can you send them to the cops for it? will they be jailed because they were overpaid? NO! of course not!! so it's not theft - you just are offended and equate it to theft but you know it's not.

Those who sit watching what payments are getting into their accounts have very little to do. Well maybe its the salary syndrome. If you expect money from various sources keeping up with extra payments is a tall order. Why is no one blaming the one who wrote the 2 checks?

@Muchr, it's like a case of a person who gives a bribe and the one who takes the bribe, who is not to blame?

A bribe is different. The giver and taker are in it together.

This is a case where a merchant wrote an invoice for services offered and a payment was made. Then the payer made another payment later...with no request. Why? Against what invoice was this payer making his payment. We cant give excuses for incompetence. How many more "mistakes" of this nature have been made? Were it not for the audit, would we know?

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#42 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:37:35 PM

People miss the point of all this discussion.... YOU ARE NOT COMPELLED TO DO ANYTHING FOR RANDOM STRANGERS and THE STRANGERS SHOULD NOT EXPECT YOU TO DO THAT. Pesa ikiingia - correct your mistake.... piga simu and appeal to my good side. I am not a public body my actions are strictly to my benefit unless i (not you) choose otherwise. For the bribe - the bribe taker has a job that has been entrusted to him and is paid for it and they chose not to do it and uses that as an opportunity to get some more money <--- I never understand why they even arrest the bribe giver.
https://migunamiguna.com/ MAke Nairobi Great Again #MANGA #TeamMigunaMiguna #DrainNairobiSwamp 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪
Taurrus
#43 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:46:42 PM

What disturbs me most is NOT the double payment BUT Mutahi in his own wisdom has come OUT clearly to say that he doesn't KNOW how he got the JOB/TENDER in the first place!
Was it a random selection and if so why? Any precedent?
sitaki.kujulikana
#44 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:03:38 PM

Taurrus wrote:
What disturbs me most is NOT the double payment BUT Mutahi in his own wisdom has come OUT clearly to say that he doesn't KNOW how he got the JOB/TENDER in the first place!

I agree, aside form the issue of someone depositing money in your account smile and whether you should go out of your way to locate and return or the one who made the mistake should kindly request the same, I never thought gunyi would be in the position he is in,

But you would be surprised by the people who do government hustles, some I thought were respectable business guys who use capital to create value, lakini wapi guys just quote for some crazy services to government and get paid crazy sums,

binadamu ni nguo
masukuma
#45 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:54:42 PM

Taurrus wrote:

you know... ukiambiwa ukuje ufanye kazi - utaanza kuuliza kama wengine walipatiwa nafasi ya kufanya hiyo job? yeye hana makosa.... makosa ni ya yule aliye muitia job. he/she has the explanation to do. Safaricom does not ask people who walk into it's door steps to give them money if they have assessed all the market options and are sure that they are making the right choice. the show up and put money on your face - you take it... ulianzisha kampuni kupata pesa sio kufanya serikali ifuate sheria zake.
https://migunamiguna.com/ MAke Nairobi Great Again #MANGA #TeamMigunaMiguna #DrainNairobiSwamp 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪
Alba
#46 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:34:02 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
@Masukuma, on occasion you pick the wrong side of a position then die with it.

Ngunyi was contracted by NYS at an agreed fee, he performed the services and was overpaid, he decided to keep quiet about it pretending that he had not noticed. Yes he is a thief.

Its like a shop keeper who does not call you back when you forget to collect your change while he is holding it. Mwizi.

Its definitely not same as someone you don't know making a deposit to your bank account or Mpesa account.

P.S. I have called once to return some misrouted Mpesa.

Why are you saying "On occassion"
Masukuma almost always picks the wrong side of issues then becomes stubborn about it and defends it with some very twisted logic.

I mean everyone hear knows Mutahi Ngunyi is a thief. In a civilized society, this should not even be debatable. But too many people are overwhelmed by tribal sycophancy such that they refuse to think logically.
Taurrus
#47 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:34:20 PM

masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

you know... ukiambiwa ukuje ufanye kazi - utaanza kuuliza kama wengine walipatiwa nafasi ya kufanya hiyo job? yeye hana makosa.... makosa ni ya yule aliye muitia job. he/she has the explanation to do. Safaricom does not ask people who walk into it's door steps to give them money if they have assessed all the market options and are sure that they are making the right choice. the show up and put money on your face - you take it... ulianzisha kampuni kupata pesa sio kufanya serikali ifuate sheria zake.

Good! so in this case he is NOT part and parcel of whatever this is since I have no name for it[Theft..,kutuma mpesa kwa wrong number, lipa na mpesa kwa wrong till or kuweka pesa kwa wallet..].
Now I ask is holding stolen property/money and being part of a scam NOT a punishable crime?
masukuma
#48 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 9:08:58 PM

Taurrus wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Good! so in this case he is NOT part and parcel of whatever this is since I have no name for it[Theft..,kutuma mpesa kwa wrong number, lipa na mpesa kwa wrong till or kuweka pesa kwa wallet..].
Now I ask is holding stolen property/money and being part of a scam NOT a punishable crime?

Handling stolen property/cash is a crime - he did not handle it. They procured a service from him. He quoted, received a purchase order, he delivered goods. got sign off. Someone thought the snake oil he was selling was worth 18m (or whatever money it was). There is no theft in that case - you just need to draw a dotted line between the procuring officer who signed the contract procuring the service and Ngunyi and back. Bila hiyo - being approached to solve a problem is not a crime. Charging for the said services is not a crime. Someone deciding to send money to his account is not a crime on his part. it's a private company and he is a private individual. is it immoral (could be)... is it illegal? NO! the only case that can be raised against a supplier is if he did not deliver what he was contracted to deliver. if he promised X and delivered Y and got paid for X - then he is in trouble for misrepresentation.
murchr
#49 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:27:21 PM

Taurrus wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

You have to prove that I stole that money this is the legal definition of stealing

"Theft, in law, a general term covering a variety of specific types of stealing, including the crimes of larceny, robbery, and burglary. Theft is defined as the physical removal of an object that is capable of being stolen without the consent of the owner and with the intention of depriving the owner of it permanently."
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#50 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:44:31 PM

Strange that no one is talking about Angela Angwenyi's >300m payment. Sad that everyone is fixated on Mutahi's paltry 12m. Sad that no one is mentioning that parliament has stopped payment of >200m to her after she was paid 90m. Strange that hii ya Ngunyi 12m is all we are interested about. At least Mutahi was paid 90m to reform NYS, hii >300m ya Angwenyi was for what? The noise regarding Prof Mutahi Ngunyi ni ukabila ama nini?

http://nairobinews.natio...o-queen-angela-angwenyi/
hardwood
#51 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 10:59:15 PM

Prof Mutahi's Constancy House has many clients all over Africa and beyond and when clients deposit money in his account we shouldnt blame him. How can we blame a person who wired back the excess 12 m? While we are silent when Angela Angwenyi is demanding "the balance" of 212m from her >300m suspicious contract?
Taurrus
#52 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:07:57 PM

[quote=hardwood]Strange that no one is talking about Angela Angwenyi's >300m payment. Sad that everyone is fixated on Mutahi's paltry 12m. Sad that no one is mentioning that parliament has stopped payment of >200m to her after she was paid 90m. Strange that hii ya Ngunyi 12m is all we are interested about. At least Mutahi was paid 90m to reform NYS, hii >300m ya Angwenyi was for what? The noise regarding Prof Mutahi Ngunyi ni ukabila ama nini?

http://nairobinews.natio...-queen-angela-angwenyi/[/quote]
The point in this thread is NOT focus on individuals,he just happens to be one of the pieces in armature chase.
You know what? in some countries the moment he confirmed that he is not aware of how he got engaged leave alone being overpaid he could be heading to a long time in coolers!
But here nothing the incharge will soon head a county! Majambazi [80 million in a gunny bag as pet cash in somebodies office!Sad ]
masukuma
#53 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:11:09 PM

Taurrus wrote:

The point in this thread is NOT focus on individuals,he just happens to be one of the pieces in armature chase.
You know what? in some countries the moment he confirmed that he is not aware of how he got engaged leave alone being overpaid he could be heading to a long time in coolers!
But here nothing the incharge will soon head a county! Majambazi [80 million in a gunny bag as pet cash in somebodies office!Sad ]

He knows how he was engaged - he was approached to provide a service.
murchr
#54 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:13:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Just like Safcom was approached to install security cameras.
hardwood
#55 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:25:14 PM

Taurrus wrote:
[quote=hardwood]Strange that no one is talking about Angela Angwenyi's >300m payment. Sad that everyone is fixated on Mutahi's paltry 12m. Sad that no one is mentioning that parliament has stopped payment of >200m to her after she was paid 90m. Strange that hii ya Ngunyi 12m is all we are interested about. At least Mutahi was paid 90m to reform NYS, hii >300m ya Angwenyi was for what? The noise regarding Prof Mutahi Ngunyi ni ukabila ama nini?

http://nairobinews.natio...-queen-angela-angwenyi/[/quote]

I am also a professional. Does this mean that whenever someone hires my services i have to ask "maswali mingi kama ya clinic" before I can accept the job offer? Scrutinizing and evaluating the client before I take up the assignment shouldn't be my job. All that matters is I do the job and get paid. As Prof Mutahi Ngunyi stated, his job was to deliver on the terms of his contract of reforming NYS, not fighting corruption in NYS. After all he was an outsider, a private Kenyan contracted by govt.
hardwood
#56 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:44:56 PM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Exactly. Even me if I was a large corporate I would talk to the the very best, the "grand mullah" to sort my case. Or if I was involved in a fatal accident I would engage top criminal lawyer Cliff Ombeta. When you want to get to notch professional service you go for the "toppest"notch professionals in their fields: Mullah, Ngunyi, Ombeta etc. You do not advertise for services and pick the lowest bidder who will most likely be recently graduated miserably inexperienced greenhorns. I go for top notch service.

A top notch professional like Prof Ngunyi shouldn't be crucified just because clients sought his services bypassing the lesser mortals in his area of expertise.
masukuma
#57 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:21:18 AM

I do consulting as well - when approached to do anything I don't start asking the guys who have just called me if they have talked to fulani wa fulani. Or if they have followed procedure in selecting - ni watu wazima... wanajua kazi yao. I do the task - get my money na ninaruka nje.
Taurrus
#58 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:26:14 AM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

This one i can understand since the gov has got some stake in safcom and no real money exchanged hands.
The young man here puts it right!
https://www.youtube.com/...dYU&feature=youtu.be
Taurrus
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2016 9:21:15 AM

Okay! lets just say hiyo ni pesa tuu na siya mama ya mtu!
What about foreigners of all sorts in our country?
Now and then you hear of a group of 20 30 etc of Ethiopians arrested in a house in the city or being transported in Police lorries to NBI.

And the Notorious...

"The arrest of a deported Nigerian drug baron in Nairobi this week is a terrible indictment of our security agencies.

It shows that the security system is defective and terribly compromised.

This is not the first time the man, Emmanuel Peter Enobemhe, finds himself in the country after deportation; he has been arrested twice before and expelled. But he still finds his way back."
What about the Somali of Somalia who are hard to identify?
This is akin of one taking home foreigners hadi bedroom!

http://www.nation.co.ke/...00948-fbt7lb/index.html

Taurrus
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2016 10:50:48 PM

Kenya Airways paid consultancy firm McKinsey and Company a staggering Sh2.3 billion in six months at a time the airline is struggling to remain afloat. Invoices seen by The Standard on Saturday show that the consultancy firm, which is helping the airline implement its restructuring plan, has been drawing about Sh43 million every week Sad since March this year as weekly fees. This has emerged as one of the most expensive consultancy bills in Kenya's corporate scene, even as management continues to defend itself against concerns that it may not be getting value for money.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia...rm-sh2-3b-in-six-months

http://www.standardmedia...irm-sh2-3b-in-six-months