Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Apr 30, 2017
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Weekly debates by an Atheist [155]
Transgender!! [63]
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [369]
NASA :Whats the game plan. [308]
Robert Alai arrested over Twitter remark [215]
Party primaries drama election 2017 [549]
Fake: Opinion polls 2017 [18]
Uhuru versus Raila 2017 [377]
Ni Ngapi...Tulipe? [9]
Boniface Mwangi Retires!!! [110]
What are the safeguards... [8]
JonahKabz - Wellcome back [17]
Kenya ready for take off [266]
Interesting Candidates... [23]
High Court orders MCAs be paid Sh4.8 billion salar... [1]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<1213141516>
IEBC showdown today!!!!!!!!
masukuma
#261 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:20:09 AM

tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:
Clearly explained here by our very own

http://www.nation.co.ke/...11576-o6bblz/index.html

Well written Masukush. Were you limited in words?

Thanks. Yes, opinion pieces have a word count limit - so my flowery style of explaining stuff had to be replaced by a much more targeted language.

Is it possible for you to give us an argument/explanation for the 'opposing view'?

Yes - they are right to be concerned. Any substantial fraud happens At the polling station - forget everything you heard in 2007 ati at KICC. Polling station is everything. I get it that they want verification by electronic means, it's the best way - my proposal is for those few whose fingerprints cannot be extracted is to "identify" them electronically then manually verify them with checks and balances to ensure transparency at the highest level. Everything else can be made to procedurally. we must also let the IEBC do it's job...
https://migunamiguna.com/ MAke Nairobi Great Again #MANGA #TeamMigunaMiguna #DrainNairobiSwamp πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
FRM2011
#262 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:34:00 AM

masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:

Thanks. Yes, opinion pieces have a word count limit - so my flowery style of explaining stuff had to be replaced by a much more targeted language.

Is it possible for you to give us an argument/explanation for the 'opposing view'?

Yes - they are right to be concerned. Any substantial fraud happens At the polling station - forget everything you heard in 2007 ati at KICC. Polling station is everything. I get it that they want verification by electronic means, it's the best way - my proposal is for those few whose fingerprints cannot be extracted is to "identify" them electronically then manually verify them with checks and balances to ensure transparency at the highest level. Everything else can be made to procedurally. we must also let the IEBC do it's job...

Great stuff @masukuma. Most of us just want a smooth election and live goes on. We really don't care who wins. But IEBC holds the trump card here. No more than ever, it may be important to reach out to cord for their input. If cord guys are convinced there is sufficient goodwill and genuineness at IEBC, that would reduse the tension and anxiety towards election day.

Ngalaka
#263 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:06:39 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:

Great stuff @masukuma. Most of us just want a smooth election and live goes on. We really don't care who wins. But IEBC holds the trump card here. No more than ever, it may be important to reach out to cord for their input. If cord guys are convinced there is sufficient goodwill and genuineness at IEBC, that would reduse the tension and anxiety towards election day.

That is assuming that they are genuinely interested in smooth and fair elections.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Ngalaka
#264 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:11:10 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
So, Mama mboga's fingerprint will not be recognised by the EVID but the BVR will not have a problem registering her ?

there are 3 types of people

1) people who the IEBC does not have biometrics for due to loss of data during registration - machines crash e.t.c. and cannot recover e.t.c..
2) people who they could not collect fingerprints for in the beginning - the 4-4-2 scanners could not just extract fingerprints from them.

for 1 and 2 see this list http://www.iebc.or.ke/in...without-bimoetrics-list
3) people who enroll using those 4-4-2 scanners and cannot be verified using others because of the degradation of state of their biometrics between registration day in 2013 and 2017. these are workers who do lots of stone work, work with oils or people who are under chemotherapy <-- this number is unknown

Thanks masukuma for the clarification.

Is there a way to offer assurance to the cord guys that manual backup is not equal to rigging ?

I ask because cord has been alleging 2M voters only voted for president and not other posts. When I checked the IEBC data, turns out the figure wasn't correct and indeed the biggest discrepancy was in meru county for 5,000 votes only.

But you and i know in politics, the perception is what matters. Facts and reality don't count.

How much credit are we to give these guys!
Ngalaka
#265 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:47:30 AM

A few moths ago, these guys initiated street battles to kick out IEBC commissioners. They got their wish on that - the entire commission was axed.
Now even before the process of replacing the sacked IEBC commissioners, we see hurdles on the path! Kisa na maana ni = wa-BukusuLaughing out loudly .

As we move away from that controversy we are now dealing with - "manual back up is an avenue for rigging" allegation!
That is casting aspersions on the new IEBC team even before it is assembled!
So what was the use of kicking out Isaac Hasan and team - a matter that cost us quite heavily!

We are now putting together a team to prepare for elections in less that seven Months against all odds and wise advice!

Setting ourselves for failure! I wonder.

Does such a situation favour any of the foremost politicians!

Might it be a strategy in and of itself!

masukuma
#266 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:46:23 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:

That is assuming that they are genuinely interested in smooth and fair elections.

Election day is an excerise of close to 200k people - 34,000 polling stations each with 5-6 people, constituency, county and national tally staff - its hard to have a conspiracy of these number of people. if you think about it - even now no one has ever comeout a "leaked" a plot in as far as 2013 is concerned. From my assessment and my interactions - IEBC has a point to prove! they have this monkey on their back put there... that they are anti-Cord and pro-jubilee. They want to do this election very well and rescue their name. I suspect they are looking at under promising and over delivery.
https://migunamiguna.com/ MAke Nairobi Great Again #MANGA #TeamMigunaMiguna #DrainNairobiSwamp πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
maka
#267 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:59:10 PM

masukuma wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:

Election day is an excerise of close to 200k people - 34,000 polling stations each with 5-6 people, constituency, county and national tally staff - its hard to have a conspiracy of these number of people. if you think about it - even now no one has ever comeout a "leaked" a plot in as far as 2013 is concerned. From my assessment and my interactions - IEBC has a point to prove! they have this monkey on their back put there... that they are anti-Cord and pro-jubilee. They want to do this election very well and rescue their name. I suspect they are looking at under promising and over delivery.

That would be good...fair and square.
possunt quia posse videntur
Gathige
#268 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:29:54 PM

The real showdown begins next Monday Jan 16th when IEBC starts the Second Mass Voter Registration exercise targeting a new 6 m new voters. Whoever wants to win has to mobilize their bases to register first, and vote later. Once the window closes on Feb 14th and the numbers are in, we can comfortably predict the winners.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
sitaki.kujulikana
#269 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:34:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:

I don't think there will be any point to prove, or nany name to rescue if the election is close, they will not be allowed to prove that point or even to rescue that name.
the only saving grace for IEBC will be if the victory margin is higher, otherwise I see another anti IEBC move if the margin is kidogo.
hardwood
#270 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:31:19 PM

Sasa huyu Wafula Chebukati has been an ODM life member until a month ago and a staunch baba supporter and even ran on an ODM ticket in 2007. With such a history, how can we trust him to conduct a free and fair election where baba is a candidate?

http://www.the-star.co.k...ls-vetting-team_c1485296
August 9, 2017: Ohuru 65%, baba 35%. And yes Iam the same guy who predicted the Trump win.
masukuma
#271 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:51:33 AM

hardwood wrote:
Sasa huyu Wafula Chebukati has been an ODM life member until a month ago and a staunch baba supporter and even ran on an ODM ticket in 2007. With such a history, how can we trust him to conduct a free and fair election where baba is a candidate?

http://www.the-star.co.k...s-vetting-team_c1485296

elections have very little to do with the chairperson! once the ball starts rolling... there is very little that they can do to turn the wheel. the ball is rolling... things are moving... remember kivuitu? kazi ya huyu itakuwa kupewa karatasi asome!
hardwood
#272 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:03:38 AM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

elections have very little to do with the chairperson! once the ball starts rolling... there is very little that they can do to turn the wheel. the ball is rolling... things are moving... remember kivuitu? kazi ya huyu itakuwa kupewa karatasi asome!

Can you imagine a die-hard ohuru supporter and TNA life member and previous TNA mp candidate being appointed as the referee between ohuru and baba? Right now baba would be on the streets with mass action to protest appointing 'ohuru friend" to the post. He would be demanding a neutral referee.
August 9, 2017: Ohuru 65%, baba 35%. And yes Iam the same guy who predicted the Trump win.
Njung'e
#273 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:03:40 AM

masukuma wrote:
[quote=hardwood]

I agree.They say a rolling stone gathers no moss.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
hardwood
#274 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:26:04 AM

The other team was kicked out via mass protests because they were deemed to be pro-jubilee and that they helped rig in 2013 and therefore couldn't be trusted to be neutral referees in 2017. Now how do you sort such a situation by putting an ODM die hard, life member, past aspirant to head the team?
hardwood
#275 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:35:17 AM

Why does this wafula think that were are idiots. So he wants us to believe that baba went to campaign for him in his constituency but he never talked or met baba and has never met or talked to him? Isn't that a big fat lie??? If he has started lying now, how do we expect that he wont lie while announcing the results?

Quote:
IEBC chairman nominee Wafula Chebukati’s association with ODM came back to haunt him yesterday as he faced tough questions from a parliamentary panel.

Chebukati ran for Saboti MP on the ODM ticket in the December 27, 2007, general election, but lost to Eugene Wamalwa of PNU.

He was hard-pressed to convince the Justice and Legal Affairs Committee, chaired by Ainabkoi MP Samuel Chepkong’a, that his links with opposition chief Raila Odinga’s party will not influence his duties.

Chebukati told the committee he resigned as an ODM life member a month before he applied for the job.

β€œI’ve never talked to Raila nor met him when he came with members of the ODM summit to campaign for me,” Chebukati told MPs when asked about his relationship with the opposition chief.
Angelica _ann
#276 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:42:43 AM

@hardwood please think outside the box, when this guy becomes chairman who will be the ultimate winner either way, all through. Big setup I tell you!!!

IEBC sio chairman and commissioners as #Baba smile normally wants us to believe.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Nandwa
#277 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:00:46 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
@hardwood please think outside the box, when this guy becomes chairman who will be the ultimate winner either way, all through. Big setup I tell you!!!

IEBC sio chairman and commissioners as #Baba smile normally wants us to believe.

Are you saying RAO is a liar!
Thank for agreeing with me on that anyway!

So why was a lie used to kick Isaak Hasan out!

Doesn't it also follow that all the talk about being rigged out is a lie too!
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
masukuma
#278 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:04:19 AM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Can you imagine a die-hard ohuru supporter and TNA life member and previous TNA mp candidate being appointed as the referee between ohuru and baba? Right now baba would be on the streets with mass action to protest appointing 'ohuru friend" to the post. He would be demanding a neutral referee.

yes... the would be mistaken... they would make noise but would be mistaken. They would probably engage in activities like protest to kick him/her out and end up doing so but would not add or minus anything in the grand scheme of things. kwa ufupi it would useless.
Nandwa
#279 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:40:33 AM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

yes... the would be mistaken... they would make noise but would be mistaken. They would probably engage in activities like protest to kick him/her out and end up doing so but would not add or minus anything in the grand scheme of things. kwa ufupi it would useless.

So, who between the two sides are the Adults!
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
kaka2za
#280 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:44:10 AM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Even kicking out Isaack Hassan was ill-advised. How do you replace experienced commissioners just few months to the voting day?
Why didn't they agitate for changes in 2015 or earlier?