Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jul 28, 2017
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Governor Miguna Miguna [104]
Uhuru versus Raila 2017 [1842]
World's richest men [22]
Stolen land to revert back to state [30]
Current fish prices [34]
Where have all the sperm gone? [18]
Legal option for tout who refuses to give back cha... [14]
Just for laughs...corner [2924]
44th tribe- Hindu, Indian, Budhist or Asian [7]
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [571]
IEBC showdown today!!!!!!!! [566]
Voting rules [26]
Witchcraft [10]
Pokot herders [65]
NASA :Whats the game plan. [992]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Pokot herders
hardwood
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:33:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
They have invaded laikipia with thousands of animals and killed numerous wild animals. Govt must do something to stem this lawlessness.

http://www.the-star.co.k...l-wild-animals_c1485383

www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
hardwood
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:49:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
Things moving from bad to worse....

http://www.the-star.co.k...ion-from-mugie_c1486196

Quote:
Pokot raiders stormed Mugie conservancy in Laikipia on Wednesday evening, stealing 490 Steers worth Sh30 million.

Heavy gunfire was reported at the facility as mobs of attackers engaged guards who tried to repulse the assailants.

A source from the conservancy told the Star that they are worried that police are yet to intervene over the attacks.


www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:00:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 7,009
Of course yet another failure of Jubilee!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Nandwa
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:06:06 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 864
Jubilee giving their supporters enough reasons to withhold their support.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
hardwood
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:09:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.
www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
Shak
#6 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 12:59:16 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/22/2009
Posts: 1,821
Location: Africa
Why is the star the only newspaper reporting on these invasions? These guys are killing wild life and burning lodges. Tourists are now being evacuated. Kwani we don't have a government?
Anti_Burglar
#7 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 1:07:40 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/11/2015
Posts: 983
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.
Impunity
#8 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 3:14:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 25,129
Location: Masada
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!
Portfolio: KQ 6,200
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hardwood
#9 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 3:38:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274

www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
Anti_Burglar
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:49:06 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/11/2015
Posts: 983
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!


Hiyo ni Okwanyo. What an Okwanyo we have!
Angelica _ann
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:28:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 7,009
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!


Hiyo ni Okwanyo. What an Okwanyo we have!


County commissioner Peter Okwanyo smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Anti_Burglar
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:04:16 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/11/2015
Posts: 983
Angelica _ann wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!


Hiyo ni Okwanyo. What an Okwanyo we have!


County commissioner Peter Okwanyo smile smile smile



Tho!

lol.
hardwood
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:58:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!


Hiyo ni Okwanyo. What an Okwanyo we have!


County commissioner Peter Okwanyo smile smile smile



Tho!

lol.


He should learn to talk tough (and take the bull by the horns) like Marwa.
www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
maka
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:18:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 9,909
Location: Nairobi
Shak wrote:
Why is the star the only newspaper reporting on these invasions? These guys are killing wild life and burning lodges. Tourists are now being evacuated. Kwani we don't have a government?



Ummmh you never got the memo?Sad we dont have a government...
possunt quia posse videntur
Kusadikika
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:04:29 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 1,414
hardwood wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The craziest advice from govt....

http://www.the-star.co.k...dents-now-told_c1487460

Quote:

Do not agitate killer Pokot bandits, Baringo residents now told

Baringo county security officers have warned residents against unnerving Pokot bandits saying they are very dangerous and can kill.

County commissioner Peter Okwanyo noted that they have crossed their borders to find pasture for their animals amid an acute drought.

He told a peace baraza at Kagir on Thursday that they may continue looking for pasture until mid April when the weather is likely to change.

Further noting that Pokot bandits "are not people to joke with", Okwanyo said locals should not carry out retaliatory attacks.

"They are very delicate people, like cats. If you push them to the wall intending to kill them, they will turn back and tear you apart," he said.

"Lay low, graze and water your livestock together peacefully until it rains and they get back to their homes," he said and advised against theft.


Sad.


Wah!
What a gaament we have!


Hiyo ni Okwanyo. What an Okwanyo we have!


County commissioner Peter Okwanyo smile smile smile



Tho!

lol.


He should learn to talk tough (and take the bull by the horns) like Marwa.


I think this is very sound advise from someone who understands the conditions of the pastoral communities; Pokot, Turkana, Samburu etc.

In drought conditions like we have now the best advise is coexistence and trying to get along. The conditions themselves will create hostility and some people will die like they have always died in the never ending hostilities but you can never take a hardline position as a government unless you want to commit genocide. These are warrior communities and they have a way of life that predates Kenya, actually many of them talk about going to Kenya when they want to go to Kitale or Kapenguria. The best a government can do is to contain the hostilities so they do not spill over as you allow slower more effective peace making means like education and cultural changes to take root. This is problem that takes decades to solve. If in 30 years the killings have reduced by 50% you consider that a success.
Alba
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:34:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/27/2012
Posts: 2,200
Location: Bandalungwa
Okwanyo is just telling people the truth. Serikali does not have the resources to control those herders kila kukizuka nor do they have the will power. Perhaps the best option is to co-exist.

BTW I read recently that a band of 70 Pokot herders attack and some policemen were among those running away. Police convoys have been ambushed, policemen have been shot, police cars burned.

They dont play. Police are trying but wanashindwa. Okwanyo is just telling people ukweli wa mambo. Your best bet is not to provoke these chaps.
Alba
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:36:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/27/2012
Posts: 2,200
Location: Bandalungwa
Naija, another dysfunctional state has a worse problem with out of control fulani herdsmen.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36139388

hardwood
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:46:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
Extreme herding ......You need balls of steel.


www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
majimaji
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:01:55 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 1,096

The Pokot and the like do not get it when you say they cannot graze in their traditional grazing grounds (conservancies etc) in time of drought. It means their animals die, that is a equivalent to a genocide as their food supply is curtailed. If I was a Pokot in the same situation and there is grass over the ridge, I would drive my animals there too backed up with a few warriors. Calling these people bandits is wrong, it implies they are engaging in wilful criminal activity.
hardwood
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:41:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 4,274
The herders are actually samburu and maasai.
www.BABA.com Ohuru 61% Ochoshua 39%
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.