Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Jun 19, 2019
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Outlander MMCS issues [3]
New Dating Service by Facebook [4]
Premio vs Avensis [31]
Olymp Trade's trading terms [12]
KODI [302]
shylock [12]
1/4 plot for sale in Katani next to the road [8]
Fully serviced plots in Joska Area [1]
Toyota D4 -VVTI Engine [19]
Avoid CFC Stanbic loans They are thieves [49]
CFC Stanbic Rant! [12]
underground water tank [48]
HELP. Building a maisonette in phases [24]
Movies 4 Sale [2]
Need for. Mitsubishi lancer engine [7]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Car hire in Nairobi
MatataMingi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:37:17 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 335
Location: Where everyone knows you
Anyone know where I can hire a car in Nairobi at a reasonable cost. I am looking at a one week rental.

In Mombasa I can hire a car for 2 to 3K per day.

Thank you
maka
#2 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:07:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,049
Location: Nairobi
Yes....
possunt quia posse videntur
MatataMingi
#3 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 3:44:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 335
Location: Where everyone knows you
@ maka,

Where, Thanks
murchr
#4 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 4:13:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,485
maka wrote:
Yes....


Now what sort of answer is this?


"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
maka
#5 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:42:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,049
Location: Nairobi
MatataMingi wrote:
@ maka,

Where, Thanks


nipe email...I assist you...
possunt quia posse videntur
Mukiri
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:23:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,202
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
@ maka,

Where, Thanks


nipe email...I assist you...

Share for all and sundry.. We know its your car, but you don't want to reveal your identity Laughing out loudly

Proverbs 19:21
urstill1
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:16:57 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 9/6/2013
Posts: 1,446
Location: In a house
MatataMingi wrote:
Anyone know where I can hire a car in Nairobi at a reasonable cost. I am looking at a one week rental.

In Mombasa I can hire a car for 2 to 3K per day.

Thank you


Which kind of car is that, that you hire for 2k/day? Kindly help with contacts.
obiero
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:08:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,669
Location: nairobi
Try Avenue Car Hire
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
MatataMingi
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:02:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 335
Location: Where everyone knows you
urstill1 wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Anyone know where I can hire a car in Nairobi at a reasonable cost. I am looking at a one week rental.

In Mombasa I can hire a car for 2 to 3K per day.

Thank you


Which kind of car is that, that you hire for 2k/day? Kindly help with contacts.


The cars are not great. Second hand imports e.g Vitz, Probox, etc. But these serve the purpose of running around Mombasa.You are limited to 100kms per day. If you are a regular customer or want long term rental you pay 2K. Otherwise 3K.
MatataMingi
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:03:57 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 335
Location: Where everyone knows you
obiero wrote:
Try Avenue Car Hire


@obiero. Thanks. Will check them out.
urstill1
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:59:26 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 9/6/2013
Posts: 1,446
Location: In a house
MatataMingi wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Anyone know where I can hire a car in Nairobi at a reasonable cost. I am looking at a one week rental.

In Mombasa I can hire a car for 2 to 3K per day.

Thank you


Which kind of car is that, that you hire for 2k/day? Kindly help with contacts.


The cars are not great. Second hand imports e.g Vitz, Probox, etc. But these serve the purpose of running around Mombasa.You are limited to 100kms per day. If you are a regular customer or want long term rental you pay 2K. Otherwise 3K.


I want one that can allow me >300km<500km for two days.
gatoho
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:08:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/1/2010
Posts: 504
Location: kandara, Murang'a
B
Foresight..
Sober
#13 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 11:06:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 11/27/2007
Posts: 3,591
urstill1 wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Anyone know where I can hire a car in Nairobi at a reasonable cost. I am looking at a one week rental.

In Mombasa I can hire a car for 2 to 3K per day.

Thank you


Which kind of car is that, that you hire for 2k/day? Kindly help with contacts.


The cars are not great. Second hand imports e.g Vitz, Probox, etc. But these serve the purpose of running around Mombasa.You are limited to 100kms per day. If you are a regular customer or want long term rental you pay 2K. Otherwise 3K.


I want one that can allow me >300km<500km for two days.


300km a day means you can dash to Kisumu from Nairobi Shame on you Shame on you I don't think the distance should be capped. Please elaborate what kind of car you are looking for coz you can get at 2k per day saloon car then fuel yourself(which is an element of distance) but a pick up to the offroad vehicles may range 6-10k per day depending on your choice. Gari sio gari tu!
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
murchr
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 4:59:49 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,485
Any car hire company leasing pickups? Rates?

Any car hire company would lease their car and let me drop it at my destination (assuming they have an office in Nrb and Kisumu)?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
subaru
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:01:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/15/2010
Posts: 377
Location: nairobie
murchr wrote:
Any car hire company leasing pickups? Rates?

Any car hire company would lease their car and let me drop it at my destination (assuming they have an office in Nrb and Kisumu)?

Si pickups you will overuse them ama
Gathige
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:18:39 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,025
murchr wrote:
Any car hire company leasing pickups? Rates?

Any car hire company would lease their car and let me drop it at my destination (assuming they have an office in Nrb and Kisumu)?



May be you try those " Ask For Transport" guys who normally park by the road side and in estates.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
murchr
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:25:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,485


Gathige wrote:
subaru wrote:
murchr wrote:
Any car hire company leasing pickups? Rates?

Any car hire company would lease their car and let me drop it at my destination (assuming they have an office in Nrb and Kisumu)?


Si pickups you will overuse them ama


May be you try those " Ask For Transport" guys who normally park by the road side and in estates.


@Subaru - Yes there's that possibility of abuse but then again other people are reasonable.

@Gathige -I've thought about that but at times you may have cargo you want to take upcountry and be back after the end of business which might take 2 days, that would be easier than asking for someone's business car since he's bound to charge you "opportunity costs". Asanteni tho

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
nicolesmith
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 10:06:29 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 5/2/2019
Posts: 2
Just use a taxi)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.