Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Monica Kimani [574]
Insomniacs anonymous [46]
Freemasonry- thoughts? [9]
Maskini Akipata...matter-core hulia BWATA!!! [7]
Jamal Kashoggi [75]
SAROVA [17]
Moses Kuria [271]
International racism [59]
Happy Mashujaa day 2018 [6]
Mrs Mugenda [36]
Passport - Huduma Centre [75]
POTUS TRUMP [1068]
Rais Magufuli [426]
President Yoweri K Museveni philosophy of developm... [18]
Pope Francis in North Korea [4]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Women Leadership Forum
2012
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 7:31:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 5,860
Location: Nairobi
I've been listening to these discussions taking place in forums this week.

I know I'm a forward thinking and forward looking guy but I think what is being discussed is the real beginning of the final bullet on the concept we've known as family.

Ati the one thing holding back most women from leadership is family. The woman cannot work late take trips like men. They can't go home later than their husbands or keep traveling out of town or country yet men can without repercussions.

Do they have a point?

What people think of you is none of your business. °😱
aemathenge
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 4:53:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
What kind of stuff would a Lady I consider a Leader in her field post on her Facebook Page?

Let us look at Sheeroh's page, a Leading Online Transcriber:

Quote:
Just had to copy this:

"December is a trap. They will pay you early like a banker.

They will give you leave till January.

Your pretentious middle class self will want to turn up every single day of that leave. And you will want to show us on Instagram.

Tutajua hatujui.

You will want to hire a 4x4 to go impress jo gweng’ (NRM for those people in shagz who think you’re a god just because umetoka Nairobi. Hawajui tu venye uko na madeni hii Nairobi).

You will forget that the money you’re given on 15/12/2017 inafaa kukupeleka mpaka 65th January, 2018.

Sit down boy children and slay queens and listen to me:

RESIST #middleclassness.

While other slay queens and boy children are filling up your timeline in Dec with #IssaParty and #WeOutchea hashtags, you just cook chapat, eat and sleep.

THEN in January when they are all jamming M-Kopa and KCB Loan systems, unleash that bonus my fren.

Turn it up! You’ll be the only one in everyone else’s timeline #issapartying!

You will turn it up like you work for Centum.

But then again, none of you will listen to me…


I liked. Nay, I loved.
murchr
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:04:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 13,484
2012 wrote:
I've been listening to these discussions taking place in forums this week.

I know I'm a forward thinking and forward looking guy but I think what is being discussed is the real beginning of the final bullet on the concept we've known as family.

Ati the one thing holding back most women from leadership is family. The woman cannot work late take trips like men. They can't go home later than their husbands or keep traveling out of town or country yet men can without repercussions.

Do they have a point?


To answer this may be you need to ask and answer a few questions.

1. Are you married?

2. If the answer to (1) above is yes, do you have children with her?

3. Who would you prefer to clean your babies, supervise their homework, read them stories/ or control what they are watching on TV?

4. If you do not have children, do you get home earlier than her and set up a meal?

5. Going back to your infant days, what amount of house chores did your mother work on as opposed to your dad?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
AlphDoti
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:02:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 5,612
Location: Kenya
Feminism... resist. If you're not married, avoid them. Look for a real woman who does not think working means coming home late. Who does not think being a woman is coming after the husband...

Ignore the feminists... leave them alone... they are the same ones kissing the @sses of their male bosses to get favours to rise in the ladder... You do not need them

There are so many other good women out there who know what being a mother is... and what being a wife is...
Kaigangio
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:52:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/27/2007
Posts: 2,759
Our modern day generation women have simply lost the respect for family and don't really understand why they are in it to start with.

The late former British Prime minister used to go and feed her husband (cook and serve food plus receiving kijiti) at the appropriate times (lunch, dinner, etc) despite her challenging career as a leader. She said this during an interview with one of the local influential women margazines in early 80s.

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
aemathenge
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:29:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
...and here we go again....

The Wazuan male fraternity is so predictable, were women issues feature, that one can predict the direction this thread will take with accuracy.
alma1
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:35:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,149
Location: hapo
So that the hegoat doesn't somea me with loaded poetry, I'll say this.

Real men, know it's always the woman. That's why we look for the strong woman. The "other" women are just for our ego issues.

But we don't have to be told who's the leader in the house.

We just know.

If in your life you find yourself talking about women liberation and the man child issues, then you have mental issues that only God can help you with.

Every strong man wants a woman who is strong. The problem is that there is a school of thought that imagines that this means that the said woman has a powerful job a safaricom.

mmmhhhh

My mother did not work at safcom. She is very powerful. She looks at me and I keep quiet. My father on the other hand has to explain himself.

I just don't get young people.

Know your place. Stop reading books and forums. You are a man depending on what your wife tells you. Not according to chocho mendia.

Marry according to your own level...Hii ingine wachana na people who are paid to write how men are bad and ow women are using men. As they do that, have 100 babies and grow old with wonderful great grandchildren.

As they cry about the family unit, yours is just fine and fantastic. Wewe lea familia yako, wale wa chocho mendia wewe soma tu. Then hold your gashungwa even closer.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
aemathenge
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 9:45:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
alma1 wrote:
So that the hegoat doesn't somea me with loaded poetry, I'll say this.

Real men, know it's always the woman. That's why we look for the strong woman. The "other" women are just for our ego issues.

But we don't have to be told who's the leader in the house.

We just know.

If in your life you find yourself talking about women liberation and the man child issues, then you have mental issues that only God can help you with.

Every strong man wants a woman who is strong. The problem is that there is a school of thought that imagines that this means that the said woman has a powerful job a safaricom.

mmmhhhh

My mother did not work at safcom. She is very powerful. She looks at me and I keep quiet. My father on the other hand has to explain himself.

I just don't get young people.

Know your place. Stop reading books and forums. You are a man depending on what your wife tells you. Not according to chocho mendia.

Marry according to your own level...Hii ingine wachana na people who are paid to write how men are bad and ow women are using men. As they do that, have 100 babies and grow old with wonderful great grandchildren.

As they cry about the family unit, yours is just fine and fantastic. Wewe lea familia yako, wale wa chocho mendia wewe soma tu. Then hold your gashungwa even closer.


......Aki si I missed you yahwa, and I hate it when you are this good.....
Euge
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:36:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 8/4/2008
Posts: 2,790
Location: Rupi
I forgot to watch it
Lord, thank you!
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 9:01:51 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,369
Sasa munataka tufanye?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
aemathenge
#11 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 11:17:51 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sasa munataka tufanye?

My Lady, I cannot speak for the male fraternity in the Virtual Republic of Wazua, but when it comes to Leadership, I want you to go out there and LEAD.

Male Chauvinism, disguised in outdated customs, should be a mere irritation to overcome and not a hindrance to the Leadership you have to offer.

Today, I have been invited by a nephew to partake all the nyam chom I can handle at Nice City here in Mwea.

The kid had a good Rice Season, which is a miracle in a drought season.

Her Excellency Waiguru offered Leadership through the negotiation of an irrigation water rationing program that watered land that would have otherwise been dry and barren.

As a result, my nephew is not knocking at my door for handouts or sending "Please Call Me" texts.

He will send, and pay for, a bodaboda to pick me up and accompany him as he unlocks the lock at a local "high-end and expensive" joint.

Contrast this with her political frenemy who, under the counsel of, the blessing, and in deference to her husband, has opted for confrontational politics clothed in copycat initiatives like the Sonko Rescue Team.

Go out there My Lady and give us Leadership from your heart and not what some man "advises" you to offer.
2012
#12 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:56:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 5,860
Location: Nairobi
Kaigangio wrote:
Our modern day generation women have simply lost the respect for family and don't really understand why they are in it to start with.




Sometimes I wonder if these are simply natural adaptations to the changing world. Everything including the weather, fashion, communication, entertainment, work etc. has changed. At some point we knew the family set-up would be affected too, but we did not know how to prepare for it.

What people think of you is none of your business. °😱
Amores
#13 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 12:27:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/25/2011
Posts: 1,969
Location: Nrb
2012 wrote:
Kaigangio wrote:
Our modern day generation women have simply lost the respect for family and don't really understand why they are in it to start with.




Sometimes I wonder if these is simply natural adaptation to the changing world. Everything including the weather, fashion, communication, entertainment, work etc. has changed. At some point we knew the family set-up would be affected to but we did not know how to prepare for it.


I think so too...and the sentiments of @mahegoat say it all. No need to disguise male chauvinism with outdated norms. A woman who is clear in her head knows it is not a competition, and the man who is clear in his head knows how to support ambitions of his woman. If the marriage doesn't work, it is not because of a women wanting to achieve more from her chosen path ( be it in leadership, politics or running a business)
All this happening in a rapidly changing world, refuse to adapt at your own peril.
So @ muchr, no, it is not the woman who needs to read stories and tuck the kids in bed, this is parenting- meant for both parents, not mother / woman roles.


I am happy
Dahatre
#14 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 6:06:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/21/2009
Posts: 515
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sasa munataka tufanye?

Swali nyeti, that only men can answer.

Want a ride or die chick who loves you and your/her kids as well as her job? enjoy the comfort of two incomes? Then you want an ass-kicking career woman who loves what she does and is happy with her choice. She may come home later than you, travel and expect you to tuck in those kids and read to them---even when she is home and tired.

Want a diehard Mom who loves homeschooling her kids, attending to their needs and keeping a fantastic home, and who is also happy playing this role?

Something in between? All are out there...choose accordingly and check-in regularly to make sure she is happy with HER choices--adjust accordingly...

What you cannot do is stop the world from changing. Women are not property anymore....

Mseto binti
#15 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 10:10:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2012
Posts: 135
aemathenge wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sasa munataka tufanye?

My Lady, I cannot speak for the male fraternity in the Virtual Republic of Wazua, but when it comes to Leadership, I want you to go out there and LEAD.

Male Chauvinism, disguised in outdated customs, should be a mere irritation to overcome and not a hindrance to the Leadership you have to offer.

Today, I have been invited by a nephew to partake all the nyam chom I can handle at Nice City here in Mwea.

The kid had a good Rice Season, which is a miracle in a drought season.

Her Excellency Waiguru offered Leadership through the negotiation of an irrigation water rationing program that watered land that would have otherwise been dry and barren.

As a result, my nephew is not knocking at my door for handouts or sending "Please Call Me" texts.

He will send, and pay for, a bodaboda to pick me up and accompany him as he unlocks the lock at a local "high-end and expensive" joint.

Contrast this with her political frenemy who, under the counsel of, the blessing, and in deference to her husband, has opted for confrontational politics clothed in copycat initiatives like the Sonko Rescue Team.

Go out there My Lady and give us Leadership from your heart and not what some man "advises" you to offer.


Mahegoat....ditto...you shud invite some wazuans to see her excellency in action in that county, maybe they can learn a thing or two... and of course show us where to partake some of that original muratina.....
" What's meaningful work?"
washiku
#16 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:05:59 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/9/2007
Posts: 13,007
alma1 wrote:
So that the hegoat doesn't somea me with loaded poetry, I'll say this.

Real men, know it's always the woman. That's why we look for the strong woman. The "other" women are just for our ego issues.

But we don't have to be told who's the leader in the house.

We just know.

If in your life you find yourself talking about women liberation and the man child issues, then you have mental issues that only God can help you with.

Every strong man wants a woman who is strong. The problem is that there is a school of thought that imagines that this means that the said woman has a powerful job a safaricom.

mmmhhhh

My mother did not work at safcom. She is very powerful. She looks at me and I keep quiet. My father on the other hand has to explain himself.

I just don't get young people.

Know your place. Stop reading books and forums. You are a man depending on what your wife tells you. Not according to chocho mendia.

Marry according to your own level...Hii ingine wachana na people who are paid to write how men are bad and ow women are using men. As they do that, have 100 babies and grow old with wonderful great grandchildren.

As they cry about the family unit, yours is just fine and fantastic. Wewe lea familia yako, wale wa chocho mendia wewe soma tu. Then hold your gashungwa even closer.


Applause Applause This is really good. Thank you. This must have been under the influence of the black viceroy. Thank you once more. Well summarized.
washiku
#17 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:07:52 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/9/2007
Posts: 13,007
alma1 wrote:
So that the hegoat doesn't somea me with loaded poetry, I'll say this.

Real men, know it's always the woman. That's why we look for the strong woman. The "other" women are just for our ego issues.

But we don't have to be told who's the leader in the house.

We just know.

If in your life you find yourself talking about women liberation and the man child issues, then you have mental issues that only God can help you with.

Every strong man wants a woman who is strong. The problem is that there is a school of thought that imagines that this means that the said woman has a powerful job a safaricom.

mmmhhhh

My mother did not work at safcom. She is very powerful. She looks at me and I keep quiet. My father on the other hand has to explain himself.

I just don't get young people.

Know your place. Stop reading books and forums. You are a man depending on what your wife tells you. Not according to chocho mendia.

Marry according to your own level...Hii ingine wachana na people who are paid to write how men are bad and ow women are using men. As they do that, have 100 babies and grow old with wonderful great grandchildren.

As they cry about the family unit, yours is just fine and fantastic. Wewe lea familia yako, wale wa chocho mendia wewe soma tu. Then hold your gashungwa even closer.


Applause Applause This is really good. Thank you. This must have been under the influence of the black viceroy. Thank you once more. Well summarized.
2012
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:02:17 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 5,860
Location: Nairobi
alma1 wrote:
So that the hegoat doesn't somea me with loaded poetry, I'll say this.

Real men, know it's always the woman. That's why we look for the strong woman. The "other" women are just for our ego issues.

But we don't have to be told who's the leader in the house.

We just know.

If in your life you find yourself talking about women liberation and the man child issues, then you have mental issues that only God can help you with.

Every strong man wants a woman who is strong. The problem is that there is a school of thought that imagines that this means that the said woman has a powerful job a safaricom.

mmmhhhh

My mother did not work at safcom. She is very powerful. She looks at me and I keep quiet. My father on the other hand has to explain himself.

I just don't get young people.

Know your place. Stop reading books and forums. You are a man depending on what your wife tells you. Not according to chocho mendia.

Marry according to your own level...Hii ingine wachana na people who are paid to write how men are bad and ow women are using men. As they do that, have 100 babies and grow old with wonderful great grandchildren.

As they cry about the family unit, yours is just fine and fantastic. Wewe lea familia yako, wale wa chocho mendia wewe soma tu. Then hold your gashungwa even closer.


Very well put!

Let me just add from experience. Guys, we have to shed traditional thinking in an untraditional world. I don't mean you drop your traditions because that is who you are but the thinking. The jobs most of us do did not exist in the days of our grand parents so you cannot use their thinking to navigate today's world. Women, don't marry a 'made man' or in other terms 'the money' unless you too are a made woman otherwise you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment because he will not respect you and the people who made him will always be more important than you, even a new trophy eventually loses its shine & glamour. Your work will be to mother his kids in his absence. Marry a friend, someone you can grow from scratch with that way you will be celebrating each other's achievements without Jealousy even if one becomes CEO of safaricom. And most importantly as I interpreted @alma's thoughts, ignore what the world has to say, 90% of it will be in the negative anyway.

What people think of you is none of your business. °😱
aemathenge
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 1:38:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
Mseto binti wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sasa munataka tufanye?

My Lady, I cannot speak for the male fraternity in the Virtual Republic of Wazua, but when it comes to Leadership, I want you to go out there and LEAD.

Male Chauvinism, disguised in outdated customs, should be a mere irritation to overcome and not a hindrance to the Leadership you have to offer.

Today, I have been invited by a nephew to partake all the nyam chom I can handle at Nice City here in Mwea.

The kid had a good Rice Season, which is a miracle in a drought season.

Her Excellency Waiguru offered Leadership through the negotiation of an irrigation water rationing program that watered land that would have otherwise been dry and barren.

As a result, my nephew is not knocking at my door for handouts or sending "Please Call Me" texts.

He will send, and pay for, a bodaboda to pick me up and accompany him as he unlocks the lock at a local "high-end and expensive" joint.

Contrast this with her political frenemy who, under the counsel of, the blessing, and in deference to her husband, has opted for confrontational politics clothed in copycat initiatives like the Sonko Rescue Team.

Go out there My Lady and give us Leadership from your heart and not what some man "advises" you to offer.


Mahegoat....ditto...you shud invite some wazuans to see her excellency in action in that county, maybe they can learn a thing or two... and of course show us where to partake some of that original muratina.....

That may not be necessary after all, My Dear.

Her Excellency has taken on a National Role as The Vice Chair of the Council of Governors.

Her Leadership capabilities and failures will be right there on a National Pedestal for all to see.

Source Link From The Sub Standard
radio
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 3:02:27 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 1,978
aemathenge wrote:
Mseto binti wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sasa munataka tufanye?

My Lady, I cannot speak for the male fraternity in the Virtual Republic of Wazua, but when it comes to Leadership, I want you to go out there and LEAD.

Male Chauvinism, disguised in outdated customs, should be a mere irritation to overcome and not a hindrance to the Leadership you have to offer.

Today, I have been invited by a nephew to partake all the nyam chom I can handle at Nice City here in Mwea.

The kid had a good Rice Season, which is a miracle in a drought season.

Her Excellency Waiguru offered Leadership through the negotiation of an irrigation water rationing program that watered land that would have otherwise been dry and barren.

As a result, my nephew is not knocking at my door for handouts or sending "Please Call Me" texts.

He will send, and pay for, a bodaboda to pick me up and accompany him as he unlocks the lock at a local "high-end and expensive" joint.

Contrast this with her political frenemy who, under the counsel of, the blessing, and in deference to her husband, has opted for confrontational politics clothed in copycat initiatives like the Sonko Rescue Team.

Go out there My Lady and give us Leadership from your heart and not what some man "advises" you to offer.


Mahegoat....ditto...you shud invite some wazuans to see her excellency in action in that county, maybe they can learn a thing or two... and of course show us where to partake some of that original muratina.....

That may not be necessary after all, My Dear.

Her Excellency has taken on a National Role as The Vice Chair of the Council of Governors.

Her Leadership capabilities and failures will be right there on a National Pedestal for all to see.

Source Link From The Sub Standard


@mahegoat, you ignored her muratina query. I also want to know if I can find some when I'm around Nice.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.