Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Nov 15, 2018
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1000]
Homeownership journeys [22]
Madness at the NSE [1608]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11310]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [102]
Kenya Economy Watch [1932]
What are you reading .... [6]
Insightful take on Nairobi Real Estate [119]
Cytonn looks to list on GEMS [214]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [1708]
Equity Group HY 2018 [32]
Kiambu raises land rates by 300% [27]
Timber Roofing options [1]
Kenya Power FY 2017/2018 [139]
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond [332]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<151617
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
obiero
#321 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 1:56:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,658
Location: nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..


Jacob Segman and Ohana. Combined crooks, kenol kobil could have fetched more


Even CMA saw this as fraudulent;
https://www.businessdail...3586-15je2ol/index.html

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.

Alot of noise,a sale doesn't like this noise.


Kwani all the ESOP at KK belong to Ohana?

I think puma saw alot of debts and some court cases now rubis might see this emerging controversy.

I bought some KK last year but soon got informed of the underhand tactics in the books including sale of oil products destined for SS thus denying KRA tax, hence had to sell at a small profit. It seems that all along Ohana had his eye on the KES 2B prize and nothing else
COOP 5,500; KCB 2,500; KQ 95,000
Aguytrying
#322 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:27:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2010
Posts: 5,015
VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.


I've also had my eye on safcom since this deal was announced. Especially at recent price. Let it stay there while kk cooks
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#323 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 5:00:40 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,368
Location: Kitale
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..


Jacob Segman and Ohana. Combined crooks, kenol kobil could have fetched more


Even CMA saw this as fraudulent;
https://www.businessdail...3586-15je2ol/index.html

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.



The sooner we close this deal,the better for all of us: Rubis,Ohana and us.Too much noise is not good for us.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#324 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 5:06:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,670
Location: NAIROBI
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..


Jacob Segman and Ohana. Combined crooks, kenol kobil could have fetched more


Even CMA saw this as fraudulent;
https://www.businessdail...3586-15je2ol/index.html

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.



The sooner we close this deal,the better for all of us: Rubis,Ohana and us.Too much noise is not good for us.


I hope ujasahau your Kenya power
VituVingiSana
#325 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 8:03:05 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,908
Location: Nairobi
"KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme."

This is good. It's not fair to have all the goodies going to a few at the top. In this case, just one person considering there is usually a team effort.

“It, however, can be corrected by the trustees to increase the limit to allow me get the 88 million shares. I think that is what will happen eventually…but there is procedure of how to do this,” he said.

Of course, the trustees will do it for him but...


"No other KenolKobil executive is known to have been allotted Esop options under the scheme."

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you IMHO, some should have been allocated to long-serving employees who also made KK what it is.

As much as a fan of James Mworia that I am... I think the "bonuses" need to reflect what others also do or provide.

I am cognizant that there are different contracts eg low salary with a high bonus, etc. Some prefer high salaries instead of a bonus structure.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kawi254
#326 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:44:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 248
Location: Nairobi
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
VituVingiSana
#327 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:07:33 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,908
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#328 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:14:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,658
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment
COOP 5,500; KCB 2,500; KQ 95,000
VituVingiSana
#329 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:17:47 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,908
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment
KRA is known to try to intimidate folks. Let KRA prove its case in court. Only 59mn which is 50% of what Ngunze got from the Kenyan Taxpayer as a "consultant"
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#330 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:12:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,670
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment


To add on the decline in mkt share for kk, the demand/consumption of oil from september has been on a decline.
VituVingiSana
#331 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:54:47 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,908
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment

To add on the decline in mkt share for kk, the demand/consumption of oil from september has been on a decline.

Gasp! What will we do? What will we do? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Rubis Pray Pray Pray make it happen!
My next core investment might be Centum pending some serious legwork.

@Ericsson - What are your holdings? Eh?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#332 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:22:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,670
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment

To add on the decline in mkt share for kk, the demand/consumption of oil from september has been on a decline.

Gasp! What will we do? What will we do? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Rubis Pray Pray Pray make it happen!
My next core investment might be Centum pending some serious legwork.

@Ericsson - What are your holdings? Eh?

KCB
Safaricom
Coop
Kengen
Users browsing this topic
Guest
17 Pages«<151617
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.