Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Dec 14, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [993]
King Kaka [1]
Sonko for Nairobi Governor [941]
Brilliant advertisements [135]
BREXIT [236]
Parent left 15yr old daughter in PS overnight [2]
Why I reject the BBI [206]
New NYS Scandal [318]
Nairobi Rains [324]
Black Jews AKA lost tribes of Israel [98]
Waiguru’s buys ball pens at Sh8,700 each!!!!!!!!!!... [324]
Narok maasai mara university ponyoka na mamilioni [28]
Okoth Obado Case [481]
Shocking Jubilee secret MEGA projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [128]
This one -is it Real ama ni sponsored scam [2]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

8 Pages«<678
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya
githundi
#141 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 10:30:03 PM

On equitable taxation measures, the upper class has a way of getting away without paying their share of taxes. We only document that we need to widen the tax base.
1. How do we forget that the graduated income tax rates terminate at lower middle class segment?
2. Why are some levies and some taxes capped?
3. The betting regime actually reduces taxes on owners and subjects the same to the poor, misled winners? Actually there is need for more regulation in this sector which the owners are fighting.
4. There are currently too many loopholes for tax evasion and avoidance for huge privately owned business which have not been addressed.

We do not need more taxes if only this country can look at equitable taxation and proper utilization of taxes.
Actually, we need tax cuts, deregulation and liberalization of the economy for growth and job creation.
For sure, such will attract the factors of production.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
Lolest!
#142 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:59:36 AM

githundi wrote:
We, the so called 'middle class' is not getting it. This a tax on formally employed people to support social housing for the poor and business for the rich.
The scrap from this will only be our contribution which shall be decimated by inflation by then. The employer portion is not refundable and contributions do not earn any interest.

So it's a tax on employers! They get nothing in return, not even happier employees!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#143 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:19:05 AM

githundi wrote:
How I would love to see a lean government only involved in facilitative role for business.
History has shown that the most efficient and effective facilitator of progress is the private sector.
Government has a lot of wastage corruption etc to optimize utilization of resources.
Dare I say that government has no role in doing business

That's why corruption is so rampant in govt, because of stretching too far and wide.

Why not just zone out locations, build infrastructure then let investors build the homes. Govt can offer tax breaks and other stimulus packages/ incentives and achieve the goal without forcing people and businesses to something that they don't understand
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Kusadikika
#144 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:50:46 PM

https://www.businessdail...86210-es3ixo/index.html

Why do I get the feeling tunadanganywa? I might be wrong but I will believe when I see.

Where are the proposed sites of these mega projects? Has the land been identified, surveyed and allocated?

Buruburu is 5,000 houses. So someone is telling us there are plans to build 60 - 100 Buruburus between now and 2022???!!! No wonder Kenya has so many churches and pastors and Bishops, we are a country of miracle believers. Wakenya ni watu wa kuamini.
hardwood
#145 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:42:47 PM

wukan
#146 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:50:34 PM

hardwood wrote:

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
https://www.capitalfm.co...n-of-affordable-houses/

Quote:
NAIROBI, Kenya, May 11- Residents of Pangani Estate have each been issued with a cheque of Sh600,000 which will cater for their rent as they await the construction of new affordable houses at the estate.

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko who issued the cheques said the County tenants will be given priority once the units are complete, where they will be allocated a new house at a price of Sh3 million to be repaid with a 30-year period.

freiks
#147 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:07:56 PM

wukan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
https://www.capitalfm.co...n-of-affordable-houses/

Quote:
NAIROBI, Kenya, May 11- Residents of Pangani Estate have each been issued with a cheque of Sh600,000 which will cater for their rent as they await the construction of new affordable houses at the estate.

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko who issued the cheques said the County tenants will be given priority once the units are complete, where they will be allocated a new house at a price of Sh3 million to be repaid with a 30-year period.

They got paid and refused to move out, thats kennyans for you
Life is an endless adventure
murchr
#148 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:30:11 PM

KBC Online wrote:
On housing, the President said the government is partnering with the cooperative sector to ensure that as many Kenyans as possible enjoy the dignity of owning their own decent homes.

“I am informed that with over 1,980 housing/investment cooperatives with an asset base of Shs 31 billion, cooperatives are an ideal vehicle to provide at least 25% of the 500,000 new houses required across the country,” said the President.

The President revealed that 12 deposit taking saccos have subscribed to the Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company which was recently established as a vehicle to unlock liquidity for mortgage financing under the government’s affordable housing programme.

Uhuru is Wazuan
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#149 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:31:50 PM

It seems that this affordable housing pillar has taken off. I hope there will be no corruption and hujuma when allocating the units

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#150 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:34:19 PM

These ones are in Masaku town

Fyatu
#151 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:36:51 PM

Nothing near the Kilamba city in Angola. I like the straight avenues and straight streets forming right-angle junctions.

Uhuru's dream for Nairobi and Mombasa and perhaps Kisumu will only be attained if his government constructs to such scales as Kilamba in Angola. If Kirubi's Centum is doing such a project on a 10,000 acre farm in Vipingo, i don't see any reason why serikali cannot do the same

murchr
#152 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 5:29:56 PM