Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jan 19, 2019
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1150]
Mobile Loans Ponzi [94]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [126]
Centum Full Year results 2017/2018 [147]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11583]
Why investing in the NSE is fool's gold and a wast... [118]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [168]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2495]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3039]
Homeownership journeys [58]
Building a bungalow in phases [11]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [28]
R.I.P Jack Bogle [1]
Telkom and Airtel Kenya Merger? [16]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [216]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
KENGEN FY18
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:55:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:14:34 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,098
Location: Nairobi
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:22:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:13:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Finance Income>Finance costs;Part of the cash money they have for projects was put into fixed deposit accounts and government securities to earn an income.
They have a very bright fellow in-charge of Finance

@vvs
The reduced interest expense/finance costs is due to reducing closing balance of the Infrastructure Bond.
BKB
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:18:19 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/14/2015
Posts: 10
Location: KYN
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Finance Income>Finance costs;Part of the cash money they have for projects was put into fixed deposit accounts and government securities to earn an income.
They have a very bright fellow in-charge of Finance


Applause Applause Applause Applause
Superprime1
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:27:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 118
Location: Kinungi
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019


A dividend finally after two consecutive years of dry spell. Little wonder then that stock has been acting bullish after dipping to nearly 6 bob...Applause
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:42:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:43:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019

Applause Applause Applause
Good work Pesa Nane for sharing the information timely
sparkly
#9 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:55:49 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,551
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.


On the contrary, the mini run is likely to cool off... buy the rumours, sell the news.
Life is short. Live passionately.
KaunganaDoDo
#10 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:20:16 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 107
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Restatement also awaits KPLC....chop off 3 billion from 2016/17 PBT...or higher...
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:55:51 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
Pesa Nane tuweke balance sheet and cash flow statement hapa
watesh
#12 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:57:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 697
Location: Kenya
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019

5% yield is really attractive....
Pesa Nane
#13 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:08:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane tuweke balance sheet and cash flow statement hapa


Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#14 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:18:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano
AndyC
#15 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:31:55 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 81
Ericsson wrote:
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano


Why should we trust them now? The rights prospectus promised dividends and delivered drought.
Ericsson
#16 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:40:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
AndyC wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano


Why should we trust them now? The rights prospectus promised dividends and delivered drought.

Be patient like Obiero with KQ and vvs with KK
Superprime1
#17 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:58:35 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 118
Location: Kinungi
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.


On the contrary, the mini run is likely to cool off... buy the rumours, sell the news.

Indeed, hasn't gone close to 8/=
Ericsson
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:26:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.
littledove
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:44:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 647
Location: sky
Ericsson wrote:
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.

for the last 10 years they have paid between 0.40 and 0.65
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 4:09:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,954
Location: NAIROBI
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.

for the last 10 years they have paid between 0.40 and 0.65


They are paying a total of ksh.2.6bn.Previously 0.40 was equal to ksh.880mn.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.