Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Aug 19, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Centum 2019/2020 [3]
CIC Insurance 2019 [12]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [146]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [345]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [377]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13468]
Kenya Economy Watch [2158]
Eye on I&,M ... [118]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2017]
Edermann property [114]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [26]
Why dustbowl is the future [339]
TPSEA has made its shareholders proud. [12]
OIL Officially found in TURKANA [263]
SIB Mansa x [2]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<56789>»
Safaricom HY 2018/2019
kenyan2019
#121 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:58:54 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/30/2018
Posts: 34
Kenya's Safaricom's overdraft service exceeds expectations -CEO https://af.reuters.com/a...africaTech/idAFL8N1ZH32N
rwitre
#122 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 12:05:56 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 336
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Some major announcement is cooking in the telecommunication sector


The Venture capitalists are cashing out.


Not really.The demand is high.It started the week at 21.45 and closed at 23.40.

25 will be crossed this week



The volumes will have to be 60 million and above.


We are on course for that.More than 40 million shares traded today and yesterday.
Some big investor is mopping up shares.


Today

11.44 a.m Some bloke swallowed almost 20 million shares at 23.75

Rally picking up steam
watesh
#123 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 4:05:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 719
Location: Kenya
[quote=kenyan2019]Kenya's Safaricom's overdraft service exceeds expectations -CEO https://af.reuters.com/a...fricaTech/idAFL8N1ZH32N[/quote]
Will this Fuliza product erode significant revenues from Mshwari and KCB Mpesa? Plus does anyone have an idea whether CBA & KCB will get a significant share of the revenues derived from Fuliza?
murchr
#124 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 4:46:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,704
watesh wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:
Kenya's Safaricom's overdraft service exceeds expectations -CEO
https://af.reuters.com/a...fricaTech/idAFL8N1ZH32N


Will this Fuliza product erode significant revenues from Mshwari and KCB Mpesa? Plus does anyone have an idea whether CBA & KCB will get a significant share of the revenues derived from Fuliza?


Do overdraft facilities in banks erode revenues from savings and loans?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#125 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:52:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,704


Moral of the story - Price wars are a thing of the past, i've repeated several times here that the most important and beneficial strategy applied by Safaricom is **Knowing thy customer** "you gotta give them an offer they cant refuse"



"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ebenyo
#126 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 6:31:33 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,692
Location: Kitale
rwitre wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Some major announcement is cooking in the telecommunication sector


The Venture capitalists are cashing out.


Not really.The demand is high.It started the week at 21.45 and closed at 23.40.

25 will be crossed this week



The volumes will have to be 60 million and above.


We are on course for that.More than 40 million shares traded today and yesterday.
Some big investor is mopping up shares.


Today

11.44 a.m Some bloke swallowed almost 20 million shares at 23.75

Rally picking up steam



No rally at all.Just the metrics of demand and supply at play.
Last week it traded 59,365,600 shares at between 21.45-23.40
This week it has posted a volume of 91,288,300 shares at between 23.50-23.80
This means it has taken additional volume of 30 million shares to push the price from last week high of 23.40 to this week high of 23.80.This is very weak.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#127 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 11:26:14 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,009
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...3976-607welz/index.html

An international telecommunications firm that owes Safaricom
Sh120 million cannot be traced after folding up its local operations, the mobile phone company has told the court.

Safaricom is now seeking permission to serve court papers on the elusive company through newspaper adverts.

Iphone Global systems, which has roots in the United Kingdom, is facing a Sh120 million ($1.2 million) claim from Safaricom.
kenyan2019
#128 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:47:49 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/30/2018
Posts: 34
Sh4trn mobile phone deals move half of Kenya’s GDP https://www.businessdail...48816-tg94g1/index.html via @BD_Africa
Wororo
#129 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:00:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/30/2011
Posts: 206
South Africans are figuring out how to use Vodacom’s data promotions – and it is costing the company big

Vodacom Group revenues stagnation...

Perhaps the same might happen locally albeit on the data front... In the near future...

Just my two cents..
VituVingiSana
#130 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:06:59 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,135
Location: Nairobi
Wororo wrote:
South Africans are figuring out how to use Vodacom’s data promotions – and it is costing the company big

Vodacom Group revenues stagnation...

Perhaps the same might happen locally albeit on the data front... In the near future...

Just my two cents..
Not really. Folks buying bundles instead of the crazy out-of-bundle charges. Plus the cost of selling (more) data is dropping.
Once the BTS is in place, it doesn't cost much more to use it to "process" more data until it needs to be upgraded or replaced.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#131 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:24:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,009
Location: NAIROBI
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn
Ebenyo
#132 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:50:40 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,692
Location: Kitale
Ericsson wrote:
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn



Yesterday it traded 12,467,800 shares at 23.70 so it means with that volume today,It will close the day on a higher price.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#133 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:27:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,947
Location: nairobi
On steroids,what's the news or it's the recent Citibank buy recommendation?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
rwitre
#134 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:45:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 336
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
On steroids,what's the news or it's the recent Citibank buy recommendation?



Back to 1 Trillion market cap. Demand heavily outweighing supply.

It was not just a bounce. This rally is gathering steam. And as usual Safaricom will carry the rest of the market up with it.
Ericsson
#135 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:53:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,009
Location: NAIROBI
Wazua not posting live prices today
VituVingiSana
#136 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 11:34:02 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,135
Location: Nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn



Yesterday it traded 12,467,800 shares at 23.70 so it means with that volume today,It will close the day on a higher price.
25.60 today!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MaichBlack
#137 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 11:39:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 7,263
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn



Yesterday it traded 12,467,800 shares at 23.70 so it means with that volume today,It will close the day on a higher price.
25.60 today!

Not good news for me!! I don't want prices to go up even in counters I own but plan to add tonnes!!!

I could live with low prices across the board for the rest of the year as I add more then chill and watch my money going to work!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mlennyma
#138 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:03:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,947
Location: nairobi
MaichBlack wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn



Yesterday it traded 12,467,800 shares at 23.70 so it means with that volume today,It will close the day on a higher price.
25.60 today!

Not good news for me!! I don't want prices to go up even in counters I own but plan to add tonnes!!!

I could live with low prices across the board for the rest of the year as I add more then chill and watch my money going to work!!!


the monkey and the farmer have different wishes...let prices recover we have suffered for so long
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#139 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:19:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 7,263
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
58mn shares traded so far today.
That is a turnover of close to ksh.1.4bn



Yesterday it traded 12,467,800 shars at 23.70 so it means with that volume today,It will close the day on a higher price.
25.60 today!

Not good news for me!! I don't want prices to go up even in counters I own but plan to add tonnes!!!

I could live with low prices across the board for the rest of the year as I add more then chill and watch my money going to work!!!


the monkey and the farmer have different wishes...let prices recover we have suffered for so long

He he he. True. It is only that I am not a seller. I have buyer's dreams! Of course those are never in tandem with sellers' dreams!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
tom_boy
#140 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:50:22 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 689
This Fuliza thing, how is it structured? Is it Safaricom acting as a fintech and providing fintech loans? Meaning Safaricom has used its vast money reserves to lend to people at an interest? Or is it CBA doing the lending as an additional product on top of mshwari?

This is different from Mpesa which is a deposit taking operation and thus linked to CBA.

Since Fuliza is an overdraft on mpesa account, of which mpesa is an account with cba bank, i would imagine Fuliza is a cba bank product that safaricom is pushing and making money. I could be wrong though.

Anyone with real insight on this.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
11 Pages«<56789>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.