Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Nov 15, 2018
SME
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
We specialized in Loans and Project Funding, BG, ... [4]
Website [17]
We are genuine providers of Loans, Project Finance [5]
[ideas] Private race track [1]
Random business idesas [16]
Nipe Lift [10]
SHOCKED - Less than 15,000 Nairobian's earning abo... [197]
55 Business Ideas with ready business plans [7]
Start part time job [1]
Flour Milling Business [23]
Jobless in Kenya? Perhaps you need to rethink your... [12]
VOIP -Mobile termination business [12]
Kenya's Bonfire named Africa's top travel agency [1]
what is PEO ? Company really need it? [1]
AirBnB [9]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Nipe Lift
Lolest!
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 8:44:01 PM

Saw an ad for this app on fb.

It's a platform allowing private car owners to connect with guys who need lifts to work/club/to or from ocha etc

They say the rates charged will be the standard AA mileage charges to help the car owner/driver cover his costs. No profit is catered for the car owner to avoid the PSV trap(I hear the law is that if you have fare paying passengers for PROFIT it must be a PSV)

They will charge a small amount on top which will be their commission (no % commission like Uber, Taxify..)

Interesting..
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ngogoyo
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 4:11:39 PM

Lolest! wrote:

It's a platform allowing private car owners to connect with guys who need lifts to work/club/to or from ocha etc

They say the rates charged will be the standard AA mileage charges to help the car owner/driver cover his costs. No profit is catered for the car owner to avoid the PSV trap(I hear the law is that if you have fare paying passengers for PROFIT it must be a PSV)

They will charge a small amount on top which will be their commission (no % commission like Uber, Taxify..)

Interesting..

Whats the implication on insurance payment when an accident happens to your would be liftee.

It would complicate payment as you might be deemed to be operating a PSV contrary to your vehicle type insurance.

Its a great idea but all corners need covering.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 4:51:31 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

Isn't that what uber "ideally" was supposed to be?
Poverty is the root of all evil
Mike Ock
#4 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 7:14:41 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

Whats the implication on insurance payment when an accident happens to your would be liftee.

It would complicate payment as you might be deemed to be operating a PSV contrary to your vehicle type insurance.

I don't think the clientele for this app care much about insurance mathogothanio. It's more like unanipatia lift ama hunipatii?
mawinder
#5 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 11:35:58 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

I don't think the clientele for this app care much about insurance mathogothanio. It's more like unanipatia lift ama hunipatii?

The car owners will suffer in case of claim..Also the Nipelift nonsense is using the term Uber in its advertisement which is illegal
Chaka
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 2:11:15 PM

How will the vehicle owner verify that the 'client' does not have a criminal record(thug/carjacker...)?
Gathige
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 3:30:28 PM

Chaka wrote:
How will the vehicle owner verify that the 'client' does not have a criminal record(thug/carjacker...)?

I doubt this is a serious app. May be they want to psyche people people up on an experiment.

Otherwise, any fee paying passenger arrangement becomes a PSV undertaking which i seriously doubt that is their intention
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Mike Ock
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 3:39:08 PM

Chaka wrote:

Do you guys ask all these questions of Uber? Or was this guy's biggest mistake giving it a local name that now you are so suspicious of it?
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 4:09:14 PM

Chaka wrote:

There's no way even for these other apps

But they say you'll have to sign up with national ID. Should make it easier to track the thug
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Chaka
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 9:20:26 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Do you guys ask all these questions of Uber? Or was this guy's biggest mistake giving it a local name that now you are so suspicious of it?

I am thinking along the lines of giving a lift to a stranger from ocha..the long journey may expose the vehicle owner to unknown dangers(I even doubt whether female drivers will dare "lift" males).Uber journeys are within city I believe and so would be "safer' and Uber drivers will likely be drivers vis-a-vis the ocha guys who will likely be owners of their vehicles..